PDA

View Full Version : Camped out at East Mains

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm here just outside Ormiston in my camoflage tent, zoom lens, thermos and dongle to hand, ready to update .net on any signing activity. Lithuanian phrase book safely in chest pocket. Keep this bandwith free please.

hibbymac
14-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm here just outside Ormiston in my camoflage tent, zoom lens, thermos and dongle to hand, ready to update .net on any signing activity. Lithuanian phrase book safely in chest pocket. Keep this bandwith free please.

Watch out for your dongle coming in to contact with the jaggy nettles. :eek:

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Beautiful day in East Lothian i can report. No activity as yet, except for an unnamed official playing Angry Birds on his phone.

marinello59
14-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Beautiful day in East Lothian i can report. No activity as yet, except for an unnamed official playing Angry Birds on his phone.

Are you sure it's Angry Birds? He may be furiously replying to an email.

GordonHFC
14-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Exposing your dongle in East Lothian is compulsory I believe.

truehibernian
14-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Mind bollah, any sightings of Brian Kerr be sure and get Kate Humble notified asap

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Are you sure it's Angry Birds? He may be furiously replying to an email.

No, he was swearing at it... something about 'blowing up the bloody pigs'.

Don Giovanni
14-06-2011, 10:14 AM
No, he was swearing at it... something about 'BLOWING UP THE BLOODY PIGS'.

Haha.

Can imagine the Haddington Post headlines:

"Hibsbollah linked to East Lothian terrorist plot"

:greengrin

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I was stopped by the HTC security boys earlier; but i rebuffed them by saying 'no-one has more right to be here than me' which seemed to do the trick.

No sign of Petrie. Or Tam McCourt.

brog
14-06-2011, 11:09 AM
If you see someone with ginger hair don't press the trigger too quickly, it may just be Rooney & not Mickey Stewart!!

Pretty Boy
14-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I was stopped by the HTC security boys earlier; but i rebuffed them by saying 'no-one has more right to be here than me' which seemed to do the trick.

You mean Petrie isn't pacing the car park frantically making calls on his Nokia 3210 (well have you seen the price of those smart phones?) desperatley trying to recruit any Tom, yam or Harry?

Just what is this board up to? Probably busy laundering cash before transferring it to their own bank accounts at the expense of the club. Meanwhile we'll be saddled with a bunch of amateur journeymen on £3.50 a week.

I despair i really do, if we don't make a signing this week i swear i'll do time:timebomb:

dangermouse
14-06-2011, 12:18 PM

In true miserly fashion I'll bet it was the Lite version. No wasting the player budget on games software. :greengrin

EskbankHibby
14-06-2011, 12:19 PM

Has O'Hanlon turned up? Baldy guy probably tackling a lollipop lady?

Jack
14-06-2011, 12:29 PM
May I suggest that tomorrow you dress as a twitcher? You'll be able to collect a copy of the Twitchers Gazette in your local newsagents.

You could either build a hide in the disguise of a granite signpost, opposite the official one at the entrance to the HTC, that would be good, or

Alternatively walk around the HTC Monty Python style with walking stick, binoculars and a camera with a telephoto zooooooooooom lens, intermittently shouting “AH LOOK! An Alder Flycatcher!” without attracting much attention. :aok:

easty
14-06-2011, 12:41 PM
May I suggest that tomorrow you dress as a twitcher? You'll be able to collect a copy of the Twitchers Gazette in your local newsagents.

Yeah do that, I'll head up to East Mains dressed as an Ostrich to make it legit.

marinello59
14-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah do that, I'll head up to East Mains dressed as an Ostrich to make it legit.

Try and look angry and I will turn up dressed as a pig. It will blow the unnamed officials mind. :agree:

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 01:13 PM

There was a scouse guy called Sean using a strimmer on some of the shrubbery at the entrance. I assumed he was the gardener; someone called 'Massa Hyland' kept shouting at him to work harder "or you'll not be getting your £800 a week ya thieving scouse get". I must admit i couldnt see much; this place is swarming with ornothologists.

Welcome aboard the Happy Ship Hibernian Sean!

RIP
14-06-2011, 01:17 PM
If you see someone with ginger hair don't press the trigger too quickly, it may just be Rooney & not Mickey Stewart!!

Wayne Rooney?

There was a scouse guy called Sean using a strimmer

Was he trimming her bush by any chance?

mim
14-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I must admit i couldnt see much; this place is swarming with ornothologists.

Brilliant. :greengrin

Keep up that standard and we will have a candidate for thread of the year. :agree:

Springbank
14-06-2011, 06:35 PM
….keep it down, lads. Rod overheard something in this direction, said something about "too much hilarity and positivity"…told me to come over and check out the rumpus. He's raging.

I'll keep mum, but wanted to give you this word to the wise.

The sparrow has flown ze nest.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Tam McCourt is a perv, could clearly see him getting dressed at East Mains without closing the curtains.

I was so shocked I almost fell out of the tree.

hibsbollah
14-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Right, im away to my hotel. I was told there was a Petrie-funded bus from here but it was clearly just ill-informed spouting. More penny-pinching from our miserly board.

Irish_Steve
14-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Tam McCourt is a perv, could clearly see him getting dressed at East Mains without closing the curtains.

I was so shocked I almost fell out of the tree.

hope he was drying his dongle

Pedantic_Hibee
14-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Right, im away to my hotel. I was told there was a Petrie-funded bus from here but it was clearly just ill-informed spouting. More penny-pinching from our miserly board.

Informed public transport folk ken whit's gaun oan..............

Jack
14-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Sorry hibsbollah that’s just not good enough, you blummin’part timer ye. :rolleyes:

You’ve either got to do the business like a true trooper or call on the substitute, try the Hibs 12th Man! :hibees

Rod ‘ill be glued to this post thread like a limpet. He’s probably on the phone right now saying the coast the clear for an assault vessel style landing at the Pans.

INCOMMING! (sorry just farted)

When the front flips down the prospective new signings will hit the beach and the first three into EM will be signed … by the time you get back in the morning it will be the stragglers Uncle Rod will raise one side of his iron moustache in a sneery sort of way and snarl “You're fired!”

Man up privates, get back to your post. :rules:

hibsbollah
15-06-2011, 04:58 PM
The HTC security boys have spent the day strengthening the crash barriers around the entrance, as Garry O's dented Ferrari has been spotted around Ormiston. Fife Hyland is walking about with a smug smile and a 'GIRUY ya bunch of doom and gloomer #%*ts' T-shirt. The rest of the .net spotters have repaired to the Longniddry Inn, where quite a party is breaking out. Watch this space for tomorrows press conference.

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 05:40 PM
The HTC security boys have spent the day strengthening the crash barriers around the entrance, as Garry O's dented Ferrari has been spotted around Ormiston. Fife Hyland is walking about with a smug smile and a 'GIRUY ya bunch of doom and gloomer #%*ts' T-shirt. The rest of the .net spotters have repaired to the Longniddry Inn, where quite a party is breaking out. Watch this space for tomorrows press conference.

Give Sergey a holler, it's time he got that fixed. :)

Ed De Gramo
15-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Defo getting one of them likes :agree:

Removed
15-06-2011, 05:48 PM
.....Fife Hyland is walking about with a smug smile and a 'GIRUY ya bunch of doom and gloomer #%*ts' T-shirt

:faf: