PDA

View Full Version : Lucky escape?

leithsansiro
14-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Reading through this month's FourFourTwo magazine, I found myself caught up reading the article about the unfortunate demise of Stockport County, sadly relegated from the Football League last season.

In a financial mess, now no longer owning their own stadium. The finger of blame, along with numerous vitriolic crowd chants, was aimed solely at one Brian Kennedy.

Brian Kennedy, businessman who bought the ground for the Sale Sharks rugby team to play on at the expense of Stockport. Brian Kennedy, businessman who has ignored continually milked money out of the local community football team. Brian Kennedy, who once tried to buy Hibs from STF.

Lucky escape, methinks.

Mikey
14-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Is this the same Brian Kennedy that the anti board mob have wet dreams about?

Jack
14-06-2011, 07:16 AM
There was someone used to come on here, give the current board a broadside then went on to say this guy would be our saviour with the promise of riches. I wonder where that person is now? :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
14-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Reading through this month's FourFourTwo magazine, I found myself caught up reading the article about the unfortunate demise of Stockport County, sadly relegated from the Football League last season.

In a financial mess, now no longer owning their own stadium. The finger of blame, along with numerous vitriolic crowd chants, was aimed solely at one Brian Kennedy.

Brian Kennedy, businessman who bought the ground for the Sale Sharks rugby team to play on at the expense of Stockport. Brian Kennedy, businessman who has ignored continually milked money out of the local community football team. Brian Kennedy, who once tried to buy Hibs from STF.

Lucky escape, methinks.

Was reading that on the plane back to work LSS. I don't know the intricacies of the negotiations and stuff at the time, so cannot really comment. Not a well liked chap though is he?

JimBHibees
14-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Is this the same Brian Kennedy that the anti board mob have wet dreams about?

Yep a real football fan obviously. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
14-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Depends on which side of Kennedy's fence you end up on. Sale have flourished with his money while County have been ripped apart. Next in line will be Salford Reds as Kennedy is reputedly eyeing up their new stadium next to the M60 (prime spot opposite the Trafford Centre for Kennedy's dream of Sale becoming the number one club in the North West in both League and Union) and has the finances to relieve Salford City Council of the burden of running the place and then keep the bar profits etc to himself/Sale, as has been the case at Edgeley.

Andy74
14-06-2011, 12:41 PM
There was no luck about it, Sir Tom didn't think he was going to be able to privide Hibs with the security that we experience now so he said no.