PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Windows - Good ones or Bad Ones?

RIP
13-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I've been following transfer windows at ER more keenly these last few years as we continously strive for the holy grail. My favourite window was the 2009 one - the Stokes/Miller combo, Deeks the year before wis guid as wis Murray in the Jan 08 window

What's been your best or worst window in recent times?

CallumLaidlaw
13-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I've been following transfer windows at ER more keenly these last few years as we continously strive for the holy grail. My favourite window was the 2009 one - the Stokes/Miller combo, Deeks the year before wis guid as wis Murray in the Jan 08 window

What's been your best or worst window in recent times?

The riordan one was most exciting, with Bamba signing too

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Riordan one last day of the window with big bamba was class! Last summer selling stokes and bringing in nobody was terrible for the club!

SteveHFC
13-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Mowbray's first season.

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 11:00 PM
The 2007 summer transfer window was a disappointing vintage ...

Mikael-Antoine Curier
Patrick Noubissie
Filipe Morais
Thierry Ghatteussi
Yves MaKalambay
Torben Joneleit
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Clayton Donaldson

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 11:01 PM
The 2007 summer transfer window was a disappointing vintage ...

Mikael-Antoine Curier
Patrick Noubissie
Filipe Morais
Thierry Ghatteussi
Yves MaKalambay
Torben Joneleit
Alan O'Brien
Brian Kerr
Clayton Donaldson

Did we not lose brown Ivan and whittiker at that point too?

California-Hibs
13-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Mowbray's first season.

The Riordan one was amazing. I remember how excited i was when the news finally came through that he had signed! :agree::agree::agree:

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Did we not lose brown Ivan and whittiker at that point too?
We did. And Killen. And several other squad players.

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 11:09 PM
We did. And Killen. And several other squad players.

Bad times - Ginger bollocks stewart left though!

matty_f
14-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Riordan one last day of the window with big bamba was class! Last summer selling stokes and bringing in nobody was terrible for the club!

Complete bollocks. We brought in Duffy and Trackys, though I suppose there is the argument that the end result was the same.

RIP
14-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Mowbray's first season.

Who's got the lowdown on the 'ins' that first window then?

Hogg, Murphy, Jones.....when did Benji and Zouma join?

R'Albin
14-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Last summer was a bad one, hart, de graaf, grounds dickoh and duffy. Although stephens looks like he could be a good acquisition.

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Complete bollocks. We brought in Duffy and Trackys, though I suppose there is the argument that the end result was the same.

Yep Duffy and trackys, absolute panic buys nobodies!

marinello59
14-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Yep Duffy and trackys, absolute panic buys nobodies!
Plenty of us thought Duffy was a decent signing who could offer something if he could stay fit and get an extended run in the team. Of course the benefit of hindsight let's us dismiss him as a panic buy and rather more unfairly as a nobody. This management lark is a breeze for us fans.

Liams
14-06-2011, 09:23 AM
For signings that got me really excited for the season ahead would be:- Nish, Maka, Stokes, Miller and the return of Deeks..
As for disappointing outs, I would go for kevin thomson, just in the manor of the way he left, I just felt he could of stayed at us until the end of that season like what brown done..

Hibs90
14-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Shiels?

Cameron1875
14-06-2011, 03:31 PM
The 2007 summer one was very dissapointing. Just after we had won a cup and there was a chance to kick on we sold Whittaker and Brown and replaced them with Kevin Mccann and Brian Kerr.

Thats the way the club has been going ever since.:boo hoo:

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Plenty of us thought Duffy was a decent signing who could offer something if he could stay fit and get an extended run in the team. Of course the benefit of hindsight let's us dismiss him as a panic buy and rather more unfairly as a nobody. This management lark is a breeze for us fans.

I would say a player who played 8 times for Carlisle from January to the summer before joining us only because Stokes was sold was a bit of a panic buy no?

In fact maybe not, maybe just a short sighted buy from a manager who was out his depth. :agree:

It's not a breeze for us, Hughes should have identified players to come in who could do a job and hit the ground running. He failed and was sacked. Hopefully CC doesn't do the same.

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 03:45 PM
The 2007 summer one was very dissapointing. Just after we had won a cup and there was a chance to kick on we sold Whittaker and Brown and replaced them with Kevin Mccann and Brian Kerr.

Thats the way the club has been going ever since.:boo hoo:

McCann played in the team before summer 07, scored a belter in a 3-3 draw against the huns:agree:

RIP
14-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I would say a player who played 8 times for Carlisle from January to the summer before joining us only because Stokes was sold was a bit of a panic buy no?

In fact maybe not, maybe just a short sighted buy from a manager who was out his depth. :agree:

It's not a breeze for us, Hughes should have identified players to come in who could do a job and hit the ground running. He failed and was sacked. Hopefully CC doesn't do the same.

I'm sure you're no so daft as to believe Yogi was happy to replace Stokes with Duffy :rolleyes:

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm sure you're no so daft as to believe Yogi was happy to replace Stokes with Duffy :rolleyes:

Of course not! Im sure your not daft enough to believe Hughes and the board didnt expect stokes to go in the window either! So where was his replacement? They had all summer to find one! We ended up with that Lithuanian huddy and Duffy!

BEEJ
14-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Mowbray's first season.

Summer transfer window 2004

In
Craig Rocastle
David Murphy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Sam Morrow
Dean Shiels
Simon Brown

Out
Tam McManus
Paul Fenwick
Grant Brebner
Alan Reid
Nick Colgan
Yannick Zambernardi
Daniel Andersson
Roland Edge
Mathias Doumbe
Jarko Wiss

Benji joined in March 2006. Zouma in August 2006.