PDA

View Full Version : Official site squad list - Riordan and Dickoh gone

Diclonius
13-06-2011, 04:47 PM
But Vaz Te still there despite being out of contract.

It's official - Derek and Francis are away.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Well peel my tangerines:rolleyes:

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 05:31 PM

But Miller is still listed. As is Thomas Flynn.

And David Crawford is listed amongst the keepers - must be confusing him with his namesake when he was on loan at Ayr Utd recently. :greengrin

Obviously still a work in progress.

Twiglet
13-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Miller and Flynn are still on there too. :confused:

Counting that squad, including those promoted from the U19s, gives 19 players in contract as it stands now (not including vaz Te, because, as far as we know, he's not been given a new contract yet). Going on what CC said a couple of weeks ago, I assume some of those promoted will go out on loan (Crawford, Horner, Taggart and Smith) so there are some "spaces" to get the squad up to CCs ideal number of 20/22 1st team players. Time will tell I suppose.

Twiglet
13-06-2011, 05:38 PM
But Miller is still listed. As is Thomas Flynn.

And David Crawford is listed amongst the keepers - must be confusing him with his namesake when he was on loan at Ayr Utd recently. :greengrin

Obviously still a work in progress.

OK, so I'm not going mad then?

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Miller and Flynn are still on there too. :confused:

Counting that squad, including those promoted from the U19s, gives 19 players in contract as it stands now (not including vaz Te, because, as far as we know, he's not been given a new contract yet). Going on what CC said a couple of weeks ago, I assume some of those promoted will go out on loan (Crawford, Horner, Taggart and Smith) so there are some "spaces" to get the squad up to CCs ideal number of 20/22 1st team players. Time will tell I suppose.
Remember that Sproule and De Graaf are not listed on that page just now.

So the current squad numbers 22 in total, less four youngsters loaned out (as you say) leaves 18. So two places to fill currently to hit the magic '20' quoted by CC, and one of those could be Vaz Te.

And the other might be this O'Hanlon fella that many believe is about to be announced as a new signing.

Essentially without further departures from the current squad, CC's numbers don't allow for the further strengthening that many of us believe is required - particularly in the forwards dept..

I wonder who will be moving on?

Arch Stanton
13-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Remember that Sproule and De Graaf are not listed on that page just now.

So the current squad numbers 22 in total, less four youngsters loaned out (as you say) leaves 18. So two places to fill currently to hit the magic '20' quoted by CC, and one of those could be Vaz Te.

And the other might be this O'Hanlon fella that many believe is about to be announced as a new signing.

Essentially without further departures from the current squad, CC's numbers don't allow for the further strengthening that many of us believe is required - particularly in the forwards dept..

I wonder who will be moving on?

I have a suspicion that the magic '20' number is more about setting expectations than being a fixed entity.

The only figure that he and Rod should sensibly be working to is the budget agreed between them (I would hope anyway) and even then it would seem that Rod is prepared to be flexible (based on him allowing Yogi to reach a wages to turnover ratio of 68%).

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I have a suspicion that the magic '20' number is more about setting expectations than being a fixed entity.
Possibly. But he was pretty emphatic about it so I could only see it rising to 21 or 22.

The only figure that he and Rod should sensibly be working to is the budget agreed between them (I would hope anyway)
I feel sure that next season's budget figure would have come first, out of which CC would have worked out the squad size assuming certain numbers of players in different salary bands.

and even then it would seem that Rod is prepared to be flexible (based on him allowing Yogi to reach a wages to turnover ratio of 68%).
I don't believe that the 68% figure was ever part of some greater plan. The percentage also depends on income, which in turn is linked to home league attendances and cup runs.

Arch Stanton
13-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't believe that the 68% figure was ever part of some greater plan. The percentage also depends on income, which in turn is linked to home league attendances and cup runs.

I certainly agree that the 68% figure wasn't part of the plan - more that Rod gave Yogi more leeway than he should have.

If Yogi had managed at least one decent cup run in his 4 or 5 attempts then that figure would never have got that high.

Speedway
15-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Also notice that Thicot, Nish, Trakys and Byrne departures are confirmed by this.

Still no De Graaf despite being contracted....

SmokieJoe
15-06-2011, 10:33 AM

As is liam miller

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I dont go on the official site other than to check dates of games. The rest is amateur at best, and HI was like the krypton factor the last time i tried.

Speedway
16-06-2011, 01:37 PM
EDG now added back in.

GreenCastle
16-06-2011, 01:54 PM
I am not sure what is worse -

1. The squad is out of date and needs updated - Miller / Vaz Te / Divis etc

2. The lack of quality in the squad and lack of strikers and lack of depth with experience at the back- GK and defence.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I am not sure what is worse -

1. The squad is out of date and needs updated - Miller / Vaz Te / Divis etc

2. The lack of quality in the squad and lack of strikers and lack of depth with experience at the back- GK and defence.

I would say that in the grand scheme of things, an out-dated website is the least of our concerns. Always.

GreenCastle
16-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I would say that in the grand scheme of things, an out-dated website is the least of our concerns. Always.

Of course :wink:

But this is Hibs.net and websites are used to see if your Hibs class or not :greengrin