PDA

View Full Version : Malia, Crete

hibee92
13-06-2011, 04:13 PM
anyone been? heading there in a few weeks with mates can't wait :thumbsup:

Allant1981
13-06-2011, 08:33 PM
We went into malia when we were in crete, maybe im getting old but i wasnt impressed. Greek version of magaluf

Dirkster23
13-06-2011, 08:36 PM

A good few years since i was there, but if it's a lads piss up you'll be fine :agree: basically one long strip of bars and clubs that go all night.

CallumLaidlaw
14-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Never been but it is the setting for the Inbetweeners movie.

Looks like Crete's version of magaluf, San Antonio (Ibiza), Faliraki or Kavos (Corfu),and they're all good for a laugh

pacorosssco
14-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Been twice albeit last time ten years ago and had a great time. Beach not up to much though. Top crumpet too and topless dancing on the bars for the ladies in the late hours at Maliboos. Many bars though not many clubs.

HH81
14-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I have been around 4 years ago. I was told it was a class place. I think I was a bit too old at 26 as it wasn't as good as kardemena in los. If your under 23 I reckon it will be decent.

HibbyAndy
14-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Looks like Crete's version of magaluf, San Antonio (Ibiza), Faliraki or Kavos (Corfu),and they're all good for a laugh

Spot on.

If its plenty fanny and nightclubs your after then Malia is right up your street.

HibeeMcGinn1
14-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Spot on.

If its plenty fanny and nightclubs your after then Malia is right up your street.

its no aw aboot that eh

HibbyAndy
14-06-2011, 08:29 PM
its no aw aboot that eh

True, But then if its sunshine and the quiet life he is after then he is heading to the wrong place eh.

.Sean.
14-06-2011, 08:34 PM
its no aw aboot that eh
Ken. Tarts have got feelings and that aswell mate eh. Personalities tae!

PC Stamp
14-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Set in Malia, but strangely enough filmed in Magaluf! :agree:

stevensons-fan
14-06-2011, 08:49 PM

I was there a couple years back on a girls holiday, it was a great couple of weeks! Brilliant strip of bars and clubs with some good cheap deals. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
14-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Going there in a few weeks aswell mate! when you flying? Looks mad!

hibee92
15-06-2011, 11:51 AM
sounds exactly up my street :greengrin

Going there in a few weeks aswell mate! when you flying? Looks mad!

flying on the 5th from newcastle mate you? just 20 days no that i'm counting :wink:

hibeeleicester
15-06-2011, 03:25 PM

flying on the 5th from newcastle mate you? just 20 days no that i'm counting :wink:

12th :brickwall

Hope im not the only hibby there!

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 06:28 AM
My memory of Malia is getting my brand new mobile stolen by some gypsy girl that was selling roses for the Mrs.

Half an hour later, just as I was calming down, me and my mate ended up fighting three Albanian guys who had tried to force their way into our wives cubicle in the toilets.

Oh what fun!

PS. For the record, they got what they deserved!

Marty-Hibee
16-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Im heading in just under 2 weeks, 28th to be precise, so depending on what state I'm/access to a computer, I might be able to inform you of what the place is like. Buzzing to get out though. BOGOF on drinks I hear. Deadly

Judas Iscariot
16-06-2011, 06:33 PM
It's a **** hole..

Was there a few years back and would never go again..

Full of pished up wee english welts looking for a pagger!

Probably a laugh if you're under 21 and no had much Nat King though I imagine..

HibeeMcGinn1
16-06-2011, 07:52 PM

12th :brickwall

Hope im not the only hibby there!

same dates then surely?

hibeeleicester
16-06-2011, 08:11 PM
same dates then surely?

Not unless he is there for more than 7 days!

Sean1875
16-06-2011, 09:15 PM
To save me creating another thread as it's along the same lines, im off to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria in a couple of weeks! Anyone been?

Hibrandenburg
17-06-2011, 04:40 AM
To save me creating another thread as it's along the same lines, im off to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria in a couple of weeks! Anyone been?
Aye, they're hairyer in Bulgaria! Watch out for low flying bikini lines.

HH81
17-06-2011, 05:37 AM

I went last summer. 2 weeks as well. It has this massive square with bars and shops. Gramo loved it so he might have more positive things to say.

hibee92
19-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Im heading in just under 2 weeks, 28th to be precise, so depending on what state I'm/access to a computer, I might be able to inform you of what the place is like. Buzzing to get out though. BOGOF on drinks I hear. Deadly

would appreciate it mate if you could

Not unless he is there for more than 7 days!

off for a fortnight mate :greengrin

hibeeleicester
19-06-2011, 10:48 PM
would appreciate it mate if you could

You legend!

Add me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=640604065 :thumbsup:

MacBean
21-06-2011, 09:34 AM

just back from Bulgaria.
Loads of Scandinavians! If you like gorgeous blonde Swedish wumin your gonna have a ball.
I was there with the GF so could only look through my reflected Aviators on the beach :greengrin

A lot of Gerries and Eastern Europeans, many of which are top drawer too :aok:
really good nightlife and everything is so cheap 90p a pint, £10 for two 3 course meals in some places.

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 11:33 PM

I went last summer. 2 weeks as well. It has this massive square with bars and shops. Gramo loved it so he might have more positive things to say.

Absolutely brilliant :agree:

Pints are 1 lev......which equated to about 36p when I was there.

Need to be down to the pool extra early to avoid those German & Dutch sun lounger freaks :greengrin

Decent nightlife oh and there's an Asda there as well :thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
22-06-2011, 06:37 PM

You legend!

Add me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=640604065 :thumbsup:

Ace watch this laddy :wink:

.Sean.
22-06-2011, 08:18 PM
There's 4 of my good mates turning 21 around December/January time and we're thinking of two or three days away somewhere relatively cheap. The comments on this place sound excellent. Obviously it'll be far cooler at that time of year though!

What are the flights like cost-wise?

Killiehibbie
22-06-2011, 09:42 PM
There's 4 of my good mates turning 21 around December/January time and we're thinking of two or three days away somewhere relatively cheap. The comments on this place sound excellent. Obviously it'll be far cooler at that time of year though!

What are the flights like cost-wise?I'd imagine it would be mostly closed and deserted.

Sean1875
23-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Aye, they're hairyer in Bulgaria! Watch out for low flying bikini lines.
Considering some of the beasts ive hooked up the town that will probably be a step up for me :greengrin

What are the flights like cost-wise?

I think ours were around 365 for half board from 1st of july till the 9th, flying from newcastle however which is a bit of a hastle. Like others have said though the cheapness when you get there was a major selling point for us, cant wait for it now! And thought of blonde scandinavian woman, canny beat it... :aok: