PDA

View Full Version : Leith Athletic FC vs. The Hibernian Legends

leith
13-06-2011, 03:35 PM
To see an end to the Leith Festival, this Sunday sees the annual challenge match for the Peter Smith Memorial Trophy between hosts, Leith Athletic FC and The Hibernian Legends.

The game is being played at Leith Links and will be a 2pm kick off. Entry to the game is free and there will be a collection at half time for CCLASP and The Leith Festival.

Details of the Hibernian Legends are not yet confirmed, but the team is being organised through Paul Kane and we're hopeful that a number of ex-players will be on show this year.

tynesideirish
13-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Details of the Hibernian Legends are not yet confirmed, but the team is being organised through Paul Kane and we're hopeful that a number of ex-players will be on show this year.

A worthy cause. However I'd hope that at least Eleven ex players nevermind actual 'legends' would turn out for a team named the Hibernian Legends, otherwise it's a farce really is it not?

EskbankHibby
13-06-2011, 05:13 PM
A worthy cause. However I'd hope that at least Eleven ex players nevermind actual 'legends' would turn out for a team named the Hibernian Legends, otherwise it's a farce really is it not?

Not really mate, all in a good cause and you get to watch a game of football.

It's hard to organise these games and get ex-players to commit their free time, that's why occasionally you will see players with fairly loose connections to the club playing.

offshorehibby
13-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Was there last year and all positions on the Hibs team were taken up with recognizable Hibs names. Coupled with some good weather it was a bloody good afternoon out.

leith
16-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Bumping this back up to the top.

2pm Sunday for anyone who needs a fix of football :greengrin

MacBean
16-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Was there last year and all positions on the Hibs team were taken up with recognizable Hibs names. Coupled with some good weather it was a bloody good afternoon out.

For info, can you name some of them now?

Reason I ask is our team (your resident Hibs.net amateur side - Hibeernian AFC) are playing them preseason, same ideas in mind - raise money for charity etc.

Very noble cause and Best of Luck :aok:

heretoday
16-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I hope the weather is good. We went to the Links thing last Saturday and it was dismal.

leith
18-06-2011, 03:08 PM
This game is tomorrow folks and the weather should stay dry after a bit light rain in the morning.

If you can, come down and watch the game, support both teams and help us raise money for charity.

leith
19-06-2011, 07:47 AM
It's looking like it's going to be dry today so get yourself down to watch the match and help raise money for CCLASP and The Leith Festival.

kevinc
19-06-2011, 04:17 PM
How did it go today?

PISTOL1875
19-06-2011, 04:38 PM
How did it go today?

5-2 Leith.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MacBean
19-06-2011, 04:53 PM
what was the legends team?

Bishop Hibee
19-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Got there for the last 25 mins. Callum Milne left back, Gary Smith and Kano centre midfield. No other faces I recognised although age has not been kind to some! Kano and Milne's waste-line made me look skinny!

The legends could do with a few more under 40's in the ranks.

bob12345
19-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Here are some action photos from the match...

http://youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubs/south-east-region-clubs/south-east-region-news/106-leith-athletic-news/2934-photo-special-leith-athletic-vs-hibs-legends

PISTOL1875
19-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Got there for the last 25 mins. Callum Milne left back, Gary Smith and Kano centre midfield. No other faces I recognised although age has not been kind to some! Kano and Milne's waste-line made me look skinny!

The legends could do with a few more under 40's in the ranks.

Mikey Renwick was playing as was Fraser Ogilvie and Lee Bailey...

bob12345
21-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Line ups and summary in Ian Mackay's report @ http://youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubs/south-east-region-clubs/south-east-region-news/106-leith-athletic-news/2941

Frazerbob
21-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Think a name change is in order. Not many legends in that line up. :wink: