PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fife Hyland Reassures they are working hard to strengthen

Pages : [1] 2

yogibear1975
13-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

You last wrote to me in January, concerned about the lack of transfer activity. I stressed we were working hard in the market. Before the window closed we secured 6 new players that ensured we pulled away from any relegation concerns and focused once again on adding to the squad to build a team that can compete at the right end of the SPL next season.

I would repeat that sentiment by saying a lack of announcements does not mean there is not an awful lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. I appreciate it is difficult in the close season for supporters when there is no definitive news, and all I can do is ask for your patience, and be rest assured that we are doing all we can to build a stronger squad for next season.

Your concern is completely unfounded, and I would recommend you ignore the ill-informed opinion spouted on message boards.

You are right in stating you will never hear anything from the Club until it is appropriate. We do not comment on transfer speculation or provide any preview activity about potential signings – surely you understand that to do so would be completely self-defeating, unprofessional and naiive. A lack of any comment publically about transfers from the Club does not mean anything other than we are working hard in the background to secure players.

Thanks again for writing in, for your patience and your support.

Fife

steakbake
13-06-2011, 03:32 PM
"Ill informed opinion spouted on message boards?"

:top marks

Wilson
13-06-2011, 03:33 PM

He is obviously an observant reader of them :wink:

Golden Bear
13-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

You last wrote to me in January, concerned about the lack of transfer activity. I stressed we were working hard in the market. Before the window closed we secured 6 new players that ensured we pulled away from any relegation concerns and focused once again on adding to the squad to build a team that can compete at the right end of the SPL next season.

I would repeat that sentiment by saying a lack of announcements does not mean there is not an awful lot of hard work going on behind the scenes. I appreciate it is difficult in the close season for supporters when there is no definitive news, and all I can do is ask for your patience, and be rest assured that we are doing all we can to build a stronger squad for next season.

Your concern is completely unfounded, and I would recommend you ignore the ill-informed opinion spouted on message boards.

You are right in stating you will never hear anything from the Club until it is appropriate. We do not comment on transfer speculation or provide any preview activity about potential signings – surely you understand that to do so would be completely self-defeating, unprofessional and naiive. A lack of any comment publically about transfers from the Club does not mean anything other than we are working hard in the background to secure players.

Fife

The reply seems fair enough to me.

As I said in a post on another thread, the Board are also Hibs supporters so we can only assume that they feel the same pain as us and are doing everything in their power to improve the quality of player that is currently at ER.

steakbake
13-06-2011, 03:40 PM

I hope he takes an interest in the Holy Ground as well as the football stuff here.

I want to know what the club's stance is on the Israel/Palestine, Gays/Church of Scotland questions and of course, whether the board contributed to the Calendar Signing Thread and whether they agree it is right that it got moved?

:grr:

H18sry
13-06-2011, 03:40 PM

:agree: :slipper::whistle::boo hoo::lips seal

easty
13-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I hope he takes an interest in the Holy Ground as well as the football stuff here.

I want to know what the club's stance is on the Israel/Palestine, Gays/Church of Scotland questions and of course, whether the board contributed to the Calendar Signing Thread and whether they agree it is right that it got moved?

:grr:

Email him and ask then...

brog
13-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Nhc ??

Mikey
13-06-2011, 03:51 PM

Sadly he's totally correct. The hysteria from some is cringeworthy.

Wilson
Nhc ??

New Hyland Contribution.

Hibstrooper

What was your concern that prompted this response?

number 27
13-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Seems a fairly contemptuous way for a club official to dismiss those who come online to discuss our team. No acceptance of any failings or any responsibility for said failings. Just the usual empty "believe in us, we know best" patter.

half.time.draw.
13-06-2011, 03:52 PM
As I said in a post on another thread, the Board are also Hibs supporters so we can only assume that they feel the same pain as us and are doing everything in their power to improve the quality of player that is currently at ER.

Fife is a Killie fan, as is his whole family.

Tricla
13-06-2011, 03:54 PM
New Hyland Contribution.

:greengrin

Springbank
Nhc ??

my thoughts too - 100% HC i woulda thought

bighairyfaeleith

He also used to be in a boy band. FACT:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
13-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

Fife

So where is the email you sent him, if you are happy enough for us to see his reply show us your unfounded concerns:agree:

half.time.draw.
13-06-2011, 03:57 PM
He also used to be in a boy band. FACT:greengrin

Was he not Limahl :agree:

ScottB
13-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Seems a fairly contemptuous way for a club official to dismiss those who come online to discuss our team. No acceptance of any failings or any responsibility for said failings. Just the usual empty "believe in us, we know best" patter.

It's a response to the type of drivel on here about the Board doing nothing / us not signing anybody etc. Not the genuine debate.

An entirely logical, and well, obvious response to anyone who hasn't worked themselves up to a wrist slashing frenzy of paranoid disappointment...

down the slope
13-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Aye it's all the fans fault we finished where we did last season !.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:05 PM
The problem really is the internet and messageboard.

Go ahead, finish laughing......

I said this on another thread, forget where now, probably the monster thread, that in days gone by we didn't have so much readily available information as we do now. Before the internet, did people really go into work and say:
Person 1 : Heard any news about Hibs?
Person 2: Nah, what the hell is going on?
Person 1 : Nae idea, I've heard nothing either.
Person 2: Board must think we're idiots, we need news NOW!
Person 1 : I think we'll get relegated next season.
Person 2 : I agree, we need new signings immediately. Saw nothing in the Evening News last night so Hibs are obviously taking the piss.

Or did people enjoy the close season and look forward to the odd story now and again? It seems that now we expect news on a daily basis. Our hunger for information has turned us into maniacs.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:06 PM
The reply seems fair enough to me.

No they are not.....Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay both support other teams, and as for Rod?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:08 PM

Who said it was?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:09 PM

Maybe if the Hibs PR machine actually gave out information and updated websites then such ill informed opinion might not occur:devil:

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:10 PM
It doesn't really matter which team the board members support. Since Hibs is their bread and butter they obviously care about what happens to the team and, in that way, they are supporters. It doesn't make sense for them to NOT care. Their own successes are tied in with Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:11 PM

I said this on another thread, forget where now, probably the monster thread, that in days gone by we didn't have so much readily available information as we do now. Before the internet, did people really go into work and say:
Person 2 : I agree, we need new signings immediately. Saw nothing in the Evening News last night so Hibs are obviously taking the piss.

Or did people enjoy the close season and look forward to the odd story now and again? It seems that now we expect news on a daily basis. Our hunger for information has turned us into maniacs.

There are very little soundbytes coming from Hibs full stop....We dont expect them to tell us who the are after, as that is kept under wraps until deals are finalised, but the official website imo is an utter disgrace, and should be used as a vehicle to keep fans involved during the close season....

steakbake
13-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Sadly he's totally correct. The hysteria from some is cringeworthy.

I think there is a lot of hysteria on h.net, specifically around signings.

A couple of weeks ago there was some fairly ridiculous moaning going on as various players signed for other clubs, basically where people think that xyz player could "do a job for us", but then signed somewhere else. There were folk queueing up to berate the board for a lack of ambition in not signing players we were not even linked or interested in.

As for failings, I don't think any of the signings made in January were failings.

I come online to discuss Hibs (amongst other things) but I have to say that Hylands remark - which I happen to agree with - hasn't really hit a nerve with me...

Does the board really need to have a statement saying "we are looking for players?" on their website, when it is abundantly clear to anyone with even an ounce of common sense would know that of course they are. They're just not going to put a list online of all the people we're watching and give you a blow by blow account of negotiations. That would be ridiculous but it seems to be what some of the more hysterical fans want.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:13 PM
It doesn't really matter which team the board members support. Since Hibs is their bread and butter they obviously care about what happens to the team and, in that way, they are supporters. It doesn't make sense for them to NOT care. Their own successes are tied in with Hibs.

They might care about finances, results etc, but it does not make them supporters? Do the pay their way into the boardroom on matchdays:devil:

down the slope
13-06-2011, 04:14 PM
There are very little soundbytes coming from Hibs full stop....We dont expect them to tell us who the are after, as that is kept under wraps until deals are finalised, but the official website imo is an utter disgrace, and should be used as a vehicle to keep fans involved during the close season....

That would be nice of them to do that now and again but you get the impression that they only communicate when the pressure starts to get to them through sites such as this.

down the slope
13-06-2011, 04:15 PM
They might care about finances, results etc, but it does not make them supporters? Do the pay their way into the boardroom on matchdays:devil:

I bet not one of them ever paid to watch Hibs in their lives.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Agreed, quite a number of season ticket holders use discussion boards, so Fyfe has made a sweeping generalisation that the boards are of ill informed opinion

Wilson
13-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Before t'internet I used to rely on what was in the paper. I remember rushing out every morning pre-season to read the wee snippet (result and five sentences) on how our pre-season tour of Germany (or wherever) was going. At the time that was all the news I needed and I was glad to get it.

If there were no signings in the morning paper I'd pick up the evening news. Between that and ceefax I'd get the news I needed in good time. Panic and hysteria did not seem as contagious back then.

Changed days indeed.

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Fife's bang on the money :agree:

Some of the p!sh spouted on here is absolutely radge :agree:

down the slope
13-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Before t'internet I used to rely on what was in the paper. I remember rushing out every morning pre-season to read the wee snippet (result and five sentences) on how our pre-season tour of Germany (or wherever) was going. At the time that was all the news I needed and I was glad to get it.

If there were no signings in the morning paper I'd pick up the evening news. Between that and ceefax I'd get the news I needed in good time. Panic and hysteria did not seem as contagious back then.

Changed days indeed.
Back then they never wanted your ST money in April !.
The only communication i have had is the begging letters for cash but i suppose that is different ?.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:20 PM

Then again some of what is posted is bang on.....The Board don't like being questioned or criticised that is for certain, and my belief is that they treat the supporter's with contempt......

Shame because without the supporter's the club has nothing.............

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree with you re: the official website but that doesn't alter the fact that we've become rabid for news.

If there is news that Hibs could share with us but they are choosing not to then I think shame on them.

If there is news that Hibs cannot share with us then anything they put on the official site is little more than something to placate us. If they have nothing to say then what exactly should they be telling us? It seems pointless to post a story with no news in it. That said, we were told that something was hoped for by the end of last week so an update there would be nice.

I would say that the club should report GOOD / BAD news as soon as they can i.e., as soon as a player has signed for us or as soon as a possible target has turned us down and talks are officially off. I do not want Hibs reporting speculation, we get enough of that on here.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:26 PM

That's what I mean by saying they are supporters. I mean they care about the club. Hey, maybe they don't, maybe they're just happy to pick up a pay cheque (I honestly don't know, everyone's work ethic is different). The only problem with that is if they mismanage Hibs enough then there won't be a pay cheque any more. Oops.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I agree with you re: the official website but that doesn't alter the fact that we've become rabid for news.

If there is news that Hibs could share with us but they are choosing not to then I think shame on them.

If there is news that Hibs cannot share with us then anything they put on the official site is little more than something to placate us. If they have nothing to say then what exactly should they be telling us? It seems pointless to post a story with no news in it. That said, we were told that something was hoped for by the end of last week so an update there would be nice.

I would say that the club should report GOOD / BAD news as soon as they can i.e., as soon as a player has signed for us or as soon as a possible target has turned us down and talks are officially off. I do not want Hibs reporting speculation, we get enough of that on here.

They can't post signing targets for obvious reasons, but the website can be utilised by having manager interviews, player interviews, games for kids, competitions, more info regarding merchandise etc....The website could be a great way of interacting with the supporters but is so under utilised

Ed De Gramo
Then again some of what is posted is bang on.....The Board don't like being questioned or criticised that is for certain, and my belief is that they treat the supporter's with contempt......

Shame because without the supporter's the club has nothing.............

true but some people on here are getting their knickers in a twist because unlike Hearts, we've not signed anybody yet....even though pre-season hasn't even started yet.

Its almost as if we're comparing ourselves to they ****boids across the city.

Hibs90
Get the impression that he's a bit pissed off with what he's read on here or other Hibs sites. Maybe someone said something that scuppered a potential signing? :greengrin

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:28 PM

I bet not many of us on .net haveran a football club before but there are plenty of people on here who give the impression thet could do a better job. What does it matter if they are a fan or not? Can you only do a good job for an employer that you love deeply?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:29 PM
true but some people on here are getting their knickers in a twist because unlike Hearts, we've not signed anybody yet....even though pre-season hasn't even started yet.

Its almost as if we're comparing ourselves to they ****boids across the city.

Yip that is the beauty though, amidst some of the dross and mania, there are some nuggets and diamonds to be found.....

Wilson
13-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Agreed, quite a number of season ticket holders use discussion boards, so Fyfe has made a sweeping generalisation that the boards are of ill informed opinion

I think we could agree that the good information is drowned on these messageboards by all the crap that goes with them. The positives that are achieved through them outweighed by the negativity.

I don't read contempt for supporters from his reply - more contempt for the combined output of messageboards. Which is probably fair enough. As individual supporters we all want the best for hibs and have good intentions at heart. As a group we are hysterical - which is probably not helpful.

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Get the impression that he's a bit pissed off with what he's read on here or other Hibs sites. Maybe someone said something that scuppered a potential signing? :greengrin

Can't really blame him tbh

http://www.readingchristadelphians.org/chickow.jpg

TheEastTerrace
13-06-2011, 04:31 PM
There's a balance in everything.

Yes, there is a lot of hysteria, OTT reactions, negativity and drivel on here sometimes (and probably one of the reasons I don't visit here as much).

However, there are some posters who are raising some very valid questions and issues that the club need to face up to.

So, whilst I suspect Fife's response about this messageboard may have been in response to concerns raised of the former, it would be naive of the board members to completely dismiss some pertinent issues being discussed on here. After all, as someone has already pointed out, without supporters, they might as well pack up their things and go home. And right now, the club are losing supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 04:31 PM

I think they have had many e-mails regarding the squad and supporter's voicing concerns.....There is always going to be speculation on discussion boards, but to label it all ill informed opinion, tells me he is angry, frustrated and feeling the heat a little

3pm
13-06-2011, 04:36 PM

Maybe it was the top earner was on £1300 a week!

You can't ask individuals to fork out over £400 a year and not expect questions about the lack of transfer activity when we underachieved so badly last season.

There is some nonsense on here but Fife and co have to take some responsibility for us being where we are. The majority of the criticism comes from the internet where there are numerous posters who will say stuff they'd never repeat to him personally. He should remain focussed on the job in hand.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:37 PM
They can't post signing targets for obvious reasons, but the website can be utilised by having manager interviews, player interviews, games for kids, competitions, more info regarding merchandise etc....The website could be a great way of interacting with the supporters but is so under utilised

I agree with that but that has little to do with this particular thread. I think that there should be a thread used to collect ideas from the fans and then deliver this list to the club for their assessment. Another thread though...

TheEastTerrace
13-06-2011, 04:38 PM

A lot of the interviews are behind a paywall i.e. Hibernian TV, the mobile App, etc. The previews or snippets are there to entice you into a subscription.

Without knowing the club's future plans, I think they are missing a real trick with not using social media, as these tools are where you can build real communities, fan engagement/interaction and goodwill with fans. Could be in the pipeline though.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I think they have had many e-mails regarding the squad and supporter's voicing concerns.....There is always going to be speculation on discussion boards, but to label it all ill informed opinion, tells me he is angry, frustrated and feeling the heat a little

Perhaps he uses that label because the stuff that he has read IS ill informed? He's doesn't say that EVERYTHING is ill informed but how do you expect him to respond to messages like "the board don't care", "the board are doing nothing", "the board are taking the piss again", "we can't even compete with ICT", etc?

We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. Some of the speculation might be close to the mark, some might be bang on but I'll bet the majority of it is wide of the mark.

Jack
13-06-2011, 04:45 PM

To be fair I think he’s chosen his words very carefully.

If there is no information on which to base an opinion then that opinion is ill informed.

Mikey – is he a private member? :devil:

Geo_1875
13-06-2011, 04:46 PM
i think the club should have a daily update on the website.

Monday: Nothing happened.....
Tuesday: Nothing happened.....
Wednesday: Nothing happened.....

Judas Iscariot
13-06-2011, 04:48 PM

I cant imagine someone saying something on here has scuppered a potential signing...

Well not as much as what the wages we offer would!!!

Oops, sorry Fife :rolleyes:

Dirkster23
13-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Suggests to me he's fed up with people wasting his time moaning about the lack of signings at the start of June!

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 04:49 PM

No it isn't, and I'm glad that he has taken the time to highlight the utter pish that is spouted by both the ill-informed and non-informed.

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 04:52 PM

Seems much simpler to me - he is simply highlighting the fact that there is no-one on this board who knows what Hibs have been/were doing to sign new players.

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 04:56 PM

I think that STF has paid for their tickets.

hibsbollah
13-06-2011, 04:59 PM

I like him already :-)

smurf
13-06-2011, 05:11 PM

Perhaps they should spend less time reading them and on actually communicating with us.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-06-2011, 05:12 PM

Person 2: Nah, what the hell is going
[snip]
Or did people enjoy the close season and look forward to the odd story pnow and again? It seems that now we expect news on a daily basis. Our hunger for information has turned us into maniacs.
Max the scary thing is there are generations that will have know nothing but this. It is called progress ;)
Generation next

number 27
13-06-2011, 05:15 PM
No it isn't, and I'm glad that he has taken the time to highlight the utter pish that is spouted by both the ill-informed and non-informed.

Yup me too, there's no doubt that is the top priority for the club at the moment :rolleyes:

I wonder if the "ill informed spouters" are also members of the "hibernian family" or maybe they are "in it together" or do these phrases only apply when the board want our money or are worried about their job security.

.Sean.
13-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Yup me too, there's no doubt that is the top priority for the club at the moment :rolleyes:

I wonder if the "ill informed spouters" are also members of the "hibernian family" or maybe they are "in it together" or do these phrases only apply when the board want our money or are worried about their job security.

That comment makes Hyland sound like a right bellend.

Golden Bear
13-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Seems much simpler to me - he is simply highlighting the fact that there is no-one on this board who knows what Hibs have been/were doing to sign new players.

:agree:

In a nutshell.

There are plenty of unsubstantiated rumours which "promote debate:rolleyes:" on the messageboards but that's about it.

Gatecrasher
13-06-2011, 05:22 PM

he's not wrong though

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Perhaps they should spend less time reading them and on actually communicating with us.

If you are talking about players then there is currently nothing to communicate.

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 05:31 PM

If folk want to rip the pish on the basis of no information then those people are hardly 'in it together' are they?

Currently, some folk are wetting themselves basically because the yams have signed a few players, and so they demand that Hibs should sign a few too.

You couldn't make it up.

marinello59
13-06-2011, 05:37 PM
If folk want to rip the pish on the basis on no information then those people are hardly in it together are they?

Currently, folk are wetting themselves basically because the yams have signed a few players, and so they demand that Hibs should sign a few too.

You couldn't make it up.

Aye you could. :greengrin

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 05:46 PM
This is what he said :

He didn't actually label anyone. He could be talking about EVERYTHING that is posted online or he could be referring to one piece of information that was in the original e-mail / letter or he could be commenting on certain things that's he's read or been informed about. We don't know. With respect to his actual comment, how can you argue with it? Do people think that we shouldn't ignore all the misinformation?

This is just another example of how Hibs cannot get it right. Someone from the club responds to an inquiry, says something that makes perfect sense and yet still receives pelters from some people. Some people seem to think that "ill informed opinion" relates to the online community as a whole whereas it's clear (to me) that is not the case otherwise he would have said something like, "If I was you, mate, I would stay off those forum thingies because they're full of idiots who know nothing.". Comments like that are unacceptable but his comment was far from anything like that.

PaulSmith
13-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Joins scott lindsay and David woodiston then in that make up

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 05:51 PM
If folk want to rip the pish on the basis of no information then those people are hardly 'in it together' are they?

Currently, some folk are wetting themselves basically because the yams have signed a few players, and so they demand that Hibs should sign a few too.

You couldn't make it up.

THIS :agree:

Hibs know what they are doing, when they are ready announce players....they will.

marinello59
13-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I've read through that a few times and unless you are looking for something to get upset about I don't really see that he has said a lot wrong. He might have dismissed messageboards in a rather less than diplomatic way but it wasn't an emaill intended for publication was it? It was a response to an individual.
I spout ill informed crap on here all the time and don't mind somebody pointing it out to me. :greengrin

Ray_
13-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I think that STF has paid for their tickets.

:rolleyes: STF investment is well & truly guaranteed.

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 05:54 PM
So where is the email you sent him, if you are happy enough for us to see his reply show us your unfounded concerns:agree:
:agree: Spot on!

We're at risk of taking the man's reply out of context unless we also see the email that prompted it.

I get the impression that he is understandably frustrated that the same supporter should contact him on the same point in consecutive transfer windows.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I've read through that a few times and unless you are looking for something to get upset about I don't really see that he has said a lot wrong. He might have dismissed messageboards in a rather less than diplomatic way but it wasn't an emaill intended for publication was it? It was a response to an individual.
I spout ill informed crap on here all the time and don't mind somebody pointing it out to me. :greengrin

Like you, I have read it a few times too. I don't think he has dismissed messageboards at all. What he has done is dismiss the ill-informed stuff on messageboards. And he is, IMO, perfectly entitled to do that.

Lucius Apuleius
13-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior board member in speaking sense scandal and shock.

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 06:05 PM
:rolleyes: STF investment is well & truly guaranteed.

Did he beat you to it? :dunno:

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm still waiting on the fans forums. Could have had them before the ST deadlines and summer holidays.

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:09 PM
:agree: :slipper::whistle::boo hoo::lips seal

:faf:

jabis
13-06-2011, 06:16 PM

:aok:

seems to me that baldyfoghorn,number27 and down the slope are miffed at being officially outed..............if it looks like a duck,quacks like a duck,swims like a duck.:wink:

Bostonhibby
13-06-2011, 06:20 PM
What was your concern that prompted this response?

:agree: Did I miss the response from the OP?

ArabHibee
13-06-2011, 06:21 PM

THIS :agree:

Hibs know what they are doing, when they are ready announce players....they will.

Wow, you could get a job as a spokesperson for the fans or something.........:rolleyes:

silverhibee
13-06-2011, 06:21 PM
No they are not.....Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay both support other teams, and as for Rod?

Our Board members and STF probaly dont even know the names of our first team players. :greengrin

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:22 PM

seems to me that baldyfoghorn,number27 and down the slope are miffed at being officially outed..............if it looks like a duck,quacks like a duck,swims like a duck.:wink:

There are loads of constructive points made on here regularly but it's the same things time after
time. Why don't the directors pick up on them and act? If other businesses ignored their paying customers they'd soon notice the impact in their cashflow.

:hmmm:

Quack Quack

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Our Board members and STF probaly dont even know the names of our first team players. :greengrin

Lucky barstewards - I'm trying to erase last season's mob from my memory too. :wink:

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 06:25 PM

nail hit firmly on the head !

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 06:26 PM
There are loads of constructive points made on here regularly but it's the same things time after
time. Why don't the directors pick up on them and act? If other businesses ignored their paying customers they'd soon notice the impact in their cashflow.

:hmmm:

Quack Quack

Maybe the board does pick up on them but surely you can't expect Hibs to alter their plans based on common message board complaints?

Beefster
13-06-2011, 06:28 PM
His comment about ignoring ill-informed opinion on forums is just a polite way of telling the correspondent that his concerns and opinions are ill-informed.

While I don't agree with the hysteria on here about signings, I bet Hyland doesn't dismiss the opinions of those who continually defend the board so quickly.

I do find the irony of the ex-Comms Chief admitting that the fans are ill-informed superb though...

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe the board does pick up on them but surely you can't expect Hibs to alter their plans based on common message board complaints?

If customers are continually complaining about the same things then the board need to sort it or they will end up paying one way or the other.

I'd have thought that would be basic common sense. Free customer feedback. Worth its weight in gold in this day and age.

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 06:32 PM
If customers are continually complaining about the same things then the board need to sort it or they will end up paying one way or the other.

I'd have thought that would be basic common sense. Free customer feedback. Worth its weight in gold in this day and age.

How many customers on here are complaining about the same things?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Only Huey, Dewey and Louie apparently.

Donald's ducked.

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Depends what the complaint is.

Baldy Foghorn

Officially outed, what are you talking about?

Albion Hibs

Dont be silly, the hibs fans are never to blame for anything, always there, complete backing regardless.

Maybe if the Hibs PR machine actually gave out information and updated websites then such ill informed opinion might not occur:devil:

I think he was quite clear when he stated the club would not comment on daily / hourly rumours about transfers etc and I completely agree with that. I think what some people are after are is a hibs net forum style response where something is put up and 10 mins later the club give a 5 page response.

If folks biggest gripe is that they have not updated the pictures of players on the website then I guess they are doing okay in life!

hibsbollah
13-06-2011, 06:37 PM

We're not 'customers'. We're much more than that.

silverhibee
13-06-2011, 06:37 PM

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 06:40 PM

as a spouter of ill informed opinion i would imagine ?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 06:42 PM
His comment about ignoring ill-informed opinion on forums is just a polite way of telling the correspondent that his concerns and opinions are ill-informed.

While I don't agree with the hysteria on here about signings, I bet Hyland doesn't dismiss the opinions of those who continually defend the board so quickly.

I do find the irony of the ex-Comms Chief admitting that the fans are ill-informed superb though...

In an email I sent to him I mentioned Sproule, and FH trotted out this line "On that recruitment, I would recommend you ignore all current speculation and the usual nonsense and rumours that will fly around, probably dressed up as fact by the ‘insiders’ on the message boards and the tabloid press".....

Yes Fyfe the signing of Sproule was totally ill informed conjecture wasn't it.....

Albion Hibs

That comment makes Hyland sound like a right bellend.

No it does not. It sounds like a guy running a business. Not someone who will respond to every teenager / bored individual that fancies starting a transfer rumour, because the guy they were standing behind in a petrol station got a message from a mates, sisters, cousins gran who bumped into someone they knew at the post office that was almost run over by someone who looked like a guy at was just released from a 2nd division club in france.

We seem to be obsessed with players apologising, managers apologising and the board responding to every half question. Elements of our support are more needy than my Mrs at times.

silverhibee

Dont mention it. :thumbsup:

Removed
We're not 'customers'. We're much more than that.

Oh aye, I forgot we're one big family :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 06:44 PM
as a spouter of ill informed opinion i would imagine ?

Is my opinion ill informed, I don't think so......

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh aye, I forgot we're one big family :thumbsup:

Only when they want our hard earned readies Billy

jabis
13-06-2011, 06:45 PM

the fact that you took the spouter quote as a personal insult.

ArabHibee
13-06-2011, 06:46 PM

:faf: :top marks

Albion Hibs
13-06-2011, 06:46 PM
In an email I sent to him I mentioned Sproule, and FH trotted out this line "On that recruitment, I would recommend you ignore all current speculation and the usual nonsense and rumours that will fly around, probably dressed up as fact by the ‘insiders’ on the message boards and the tabloid press".....

Yes Fyfe the signing of Sproule was totally ill informed conjecture wasn't it.....

Did you expect him to confirm that we were trying to sign Sproule? Why would he come out and tell a fan about the business that the club are trying to do.

CabbageBoy
13-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Really, I thought he was a Don. Passionate about the club though, and a nice guy to go for a drink with.

silverhibee
13-06-2011, 06:47 PM
:agree: Spot on!

We're at risk of taking the man's reply out of context unless we also see the email that prompted it.

I get the impression that he is understandably frustrated that the same supporter should contact him on the same point in consecutive transfer windows.

yogibear 1975 is Scott Lindsay. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 06:50 PM
the fact that you took the spouter quote as a personal insult.

No I never

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Did you expect him to confirm that we were trying to sign Sproule? Why would he come out and tell a fan about the business that the club are trying to do.

Of course not but to dismiss that as usual nonsense and rumour was wrong, he should have just said we don't talk about potential targets....

snooky
13-06-2011, 06:53 PM
"Your concern is completely unfounded, and I would recommend you ignore the ill-informed opinion spouted on message boards. "

The reason we are ill-informed is patently obvious, IMO. :doh:

marinello59
13-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Dont mention it. :thumbsup:

Mrs M59 says stop nicking her favourite job. :greengrin

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Really, I thought he was a Don.

I thought that as well. Can't remember who told me though.

lyonhibs
13-06-2011, 06:55 PM

:agree::agree:
And also, Fife clearly uses the phrase in question as a reaction to a specific concern raised in the OP's original e-mail which we've yet to actually see.

If the concern was something along the lines of "I've heard that Rod is on the take, funnelling off Fletcher's transfer money to invest in a gentleman's range of mowser trimming paraphenalia" (or something equally as ludicrous, which is a possibilty) then the phrase "ill informed opinions spouted on message boards" is entirely justified.

He hardly said "anything posted about Hibs online, ever, comes from a lying bawbag"

Barney McGrew
13-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Whether he cares to admit it or not, some of the opinion on here is very well informed :wink:

marinello59
13-06-2011, 06:56 PM
In an email I sent to him.

Hold on. Is EVERYBODY emailing him. :confused:

Saorsa
13-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Hold on. Is EVERYBODY emailing him. :confused:You mean you havenae sent yours yet? deary me :greengrin

jabis
13-06-2011, 06:58 PM
No I never

is my opinion ill informed,i don't think so........(as a wise(?)man once said)

that quote is a bit of a bumbiter :greengrin

Removed
13-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Whether he cares to admit it or not, some of the opinion on here is very well informed :wink:

And he even tries to stop it :wink:

Albion Hibs
13-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Of course not but to dismiss that as usual nonsense and rumour was wrong, he should have just said we don't talk about potential targets....

But that would have just perhaps tempted you to do as the OP and paste in an email sent in confidence between two people all over the internet. In turn that would have created 10 pages of posts about how the club never try and tell us anything.

At the end of the day ask 10 people to write a letter about the same subject, you will still get 10 letters that will all be different. The guys email is never going to be all things to all people, and I for one am glad they choose to rubbish the chat on here and keep club business to the club until it is done.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2011, 07:03 PM

But he told us to ignore the ill-informed opinion.

So... a new forum, folks? No, make that two... one for the well-informed gossip and one for the ill-informed?

And then we know which threads to ignore.

Sorted.

ArabHibee
13-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Really, I thought he was a Don. Passionate about the club though, and a nice guy to go for a drink with.

yogibear 1975 is Scott Lindsay. :greengrin

WRONG!!!!!
CabbageBoy is Scott Lindsay. :greengrin

HibeeSince85
13-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Reads like a fake if I'm honest, his name is Fyfe aswell is it no?

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:06 PM

Perhaps if we let the board get on with their job, instead of sending pointless emails from people who have no idea how to run an SPL club, that would help ??
Sorry, I know its a bit radical.....:dunno:

marinello59
13-06-2011, 07:08 PM
You mean you havenae sent yours yet? deary me :greengrin

I feel left out. :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Hold on. Is EVERYBODY emailing him. :confused:

I sent a number of mails in May to the Board......

Concerned from Edinburgh

Capt Mainwaring
13-06-2011, 07:10 PM

I would advise not putting you bet on mate.

One of the current Board used to have a Season Ticket beside us in the old Main Stand ( and I can assure your he's very much a life long Hibs supporter).

Saorsa
13-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I feel left out. :boo hoo:There's still time :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:11 PM
But that would have just perhaps tempted you to do as the OP and paste in an email sent in confidence between two people all over the internet. In turn that would have created 10 pages of posts about how the club never try and tell us anything.

At the end of the day ask 10 people to write a letter about the same subject, you will still get 10 letters that will all be different. The guys email is never going to be all things to all people, and I for one am glad they choose to rubbish the chat on here and keep club business to the club until it is done.

My emails and responses would not be put onto a public internet forum, however I am more than a little dispaired buy the responses I got, and have little confidence in our Board....

Removed
13-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Says Fife on the official site but it might be a typo :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2011, 07:13 PM

You mean it should say Official Shight?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Perhaps if we let the board get on with their job, instead of sending pointless emails from people who have no idea how to run an SPL club, that would help ??
Sorry, I know its a bit radical.....:dunno:

DH My email was not pointless, it was well worded, well written with very pertinent points....To make a comment saying sending pointless emails from people who have no idea how to run an SPL club, without having seen the contents of said emails, is frankly ill informed

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 07:15 PM
My emails and responses would not be put onto a public internet forum, however I am more than a little dispaired buy the responses I got, and have little confidence in our Board....

really -thats news for us all :rolleyes:

HibeeSince85
13-06-2011, 07:15 PM

I could be wrong, sure it was with a "y"

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:16 PM
really -thats news for us all :rolleyes:

oh really:confused: Because everythings just tickety boo ain't it?

Removed
13-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I could be wrong, sure is was with a "y"

Just ill-informed :wink:

half.time.draw.
I thought that as well. Can't remember who told me though.

East stand consulation forum, he said he was a Killie man bur commited to the job he was doing with Hibs

Saorsa
Says Fife on the official site but it might be a typo :dunno:It's Fife on any e-mail reply I've had from Him (always prompt, helpful and polite with his replies too).

Then again, I've never e-mailed him asking about transfer dealings :greengrin

ronaldo7
13-06-2011, 07:18 PM

DH My email was not pointless, it was well worded, well written with very pertinent points....To make a comment saying sending pointless emails from people who have no idea how to run an SPL club, without having seen the contents of said emails, is frankly ill informed

Sorry Baldy I just coodney help masel:greengrin

HibeeSince85
13-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Just ill-informed :wink:

One of many according to "Fife":wink:

Removed
13-06-2011, 07:19 PM
East stand consulation forum, he said he was a Killie man bur commited to the job he was doing with Hibs

:cheers: Looks like I was ill-informed as well

snooky
13-06-2011, 07:21 PM
But he told us to ignore the ill-informed opinion.

So... a new forum, folks? No, make that two... one for the well-informed gossip and one for the ill-informed?

And then we know which threads to ignore.

Sorted.

I have the flu - which one do I read? :confused:

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:21 PM

If you have a stronger business plan on P&L, strategy for Hibs / SPL, marketing the club, signing policies, etc - ie the boards responsibility - why dont you send it to STF ? I'm sure he would be intrested in your thought's ? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I have the flu - which one do I read? :confused:

Read what you bloody want... you'll be too ill to understand any of it anyway.

Albion Hibs
13-06-2011, 07:22 PM

What do you mean like the one you put up on page 4 as noted above??

I would have little confidence in our board if they spent the afternoon scratching the stomachs of our fans to appease their every wonder / thought that came into their head.

Any club that relays information relating to business which is currently being progressed, is not only risking loosing the business it is trying to do, but also in my view a laughing stock.

If the OP was a legitamate response then I give credit to his open and frank response. Lets be honest this site is full of nonsense rumours. If we had 100 agents working to sign players day in day out we could not keep up with what this forum would have you believe we are doing!

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Sorry Baldy I just coodney help masel:greengrin

Fraudient slip on my part:wink:

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 07:24 PM
If you have a stronger business plan on P&L, strategy for Hibs / SPL, marketing the club, signing policies, etc - ie the boards responsibility - why dont you send it to STF ? I'm sure he would be intrested in your thought's ? :dunno:

i think his plan is invest or leave , sure i read that somewhere recently :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:27 PM
i think his plan is invest or leave , sure i read that somewhere recently :wink:

Funny that, lots of people on this forum have suddenly become experts in running a multi million pound business...:dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:27 PM
What do you mean like the one you put up on page 4 as noted above??
I would have little confidence in our board if they spent the afternoon scratching the stomachs of our fans to appease their every wonder / thought that came into their head.

Any club that relays information relating to business which is currently being progressed, is not only risking loosing the business it is trying to do, but also in my view a laughing stock.

If the OP was a legitamate response then I give credit to his open and frank response. Lets be honest this site is full of nonsense rumours. If we had 100 agents working to sign players day in day out we could not keep up with what this forum would have you believe we are doing!

That is 1 sentence from 6 email responses to highlight a point, hardly the same as copying the all of the emails verbatim is it?

The fans are customers and have a right to be concerned, by the way I was genuinely unhappy and concerned, not looking for my stomach to be scratched.....

Maybe some people feel so strongly about the club, that they want to put their feelings and concerns in writing, or is that a crime in your eyes Albion?

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Funny that, lots of people on this forum have suddenly become experts in running a multi million pound business...:dunno:

Aye. With somebody else's money.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:30 PM

another ill informed post.....Tut tut you will be scorned by Fife.....

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:30 PM

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 07:31 PM
So if we announce 4 players tomorrow.....will the negative bollocks/board slagging still continue?

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 07:33 PM
So if we announce 4 players tomorrow.....will the negative bollocks/board slagging still continue?

i'm sure the usual suspects will find something to moan about

The Falcon

They'll most definitely not be first choices not Hibs class. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn

So have you invested your money into Hibs this year by buying a season ticket?

bingo70
13-06-2011, 07:34 PM

Would probably depend on who we signed.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:34 PM

If your granny had balls and all that Gramo.

I hear at least 2 players will be announced at some point this week, hopefully ones that will get the juices flowing......

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Would probably depend on who we signed.

tbh, we could sign 4 Barca players and it still wouldn't appease the moaners :greengrin

Albion Hibs
That is 1 sentence from 6 email responses to highlight a point, hardly the same as copying the all of the emails verbatim is it?

The fans are customers and have a right to be concerned, by the way I was genuinely unhappy and concerned, not looking for my stomach to be scratched.....

Maybe some people feel so strongly about the club, that they want to put their feelings and concerns in writing, or is that a crime in your eyes Albion?

Yes it is. You have quoted an email sent to you, then 3 posts ago said you would never do such a thing, at what point do you draw the line, if you dont put the date of the email at the top!

Yes we are customers, if you were unhappy with a shop you may right a letter of complaint, to ask how their business is run and tell them how to do it seems a bit ridiculous to me....and for what it is worth I do not believe you could run Hibs, nor could I and I doubt very much if there is anyone on here that could....albeit after a few on a Saturday night I am sure none of us think if would be difficult at all.

I dont think it is a crime, and I am more than happy for people to write about there feelings, it is good to get these emotions out. But to complain that you were not given the ideal response when asking about a particular signing is farcical. Before you know if the response would be all over here (or maybe an extract from it) and we risk losing a player - is that what you want?

We are supporters of a football club, not policy deciders, or agents, or people that know best in terms of who to sign and get the deal done.

Baldy Foghorn
i'm sure the usual suspects will find something to moan about

:blah:

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:36 PM
another ill informed post.....Tut tut you will be scorned by Fife.....

No I won't.

Can you tell me three different things you would change in the current board's strategy ?

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 07:38 PM
So have you invested your money into Hibs this year by buying a season ticket?

I've not invested anything but I have purchased four season tickets. Does that make me an uber fan?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes it is. You have quoted an email sent to you, then 3 posts ago said you would never do such a thing, at what point do you draw the line, if you dont put the date of the email at the top!

Yes we are customers, if you were unhappy with a shop you may right a letter of complaint, to ask how their business is run and tell them how to do it seems a bit ridiculous to me....and for what it is worth I do not believe you could run Hibs, nor could I and I doubt very much if there is anyone on here that could....albeit after a few on a Saturday night I am sure none of us think if would be difficult at all.

I dont think it is a crime, and I am more than happy for people to write about there feelings, it is good to get these emotions out. But to complain that you were not given the ideal response when asking about a particular signing is farcical. Before you know if the response would be all over here (or maybe an extract from it) and we risk losing a player - is that what you want?
We are supporters of a football club, not policy deciders, or agents, or people that know best in terms of who to sign and get the deal done.

EH:confused: I never complained about getting the ideal response....I was highlighting the Fife said ignore all nonsense dressed up by "insiders" on message boards, when the deal actually happened thereafter.....I was comparing it with his ill informed point to the OP....

I actually quoted 1 sentence from a very extensive response

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I've not invested anything but I have purchased four season tickets. Does that make me an uber fan?

yes well done

Removed
13-06-2011, 07:42 PM
tbh, we could sign 4 Barca players and it still wouldn't appease the moaners :greengrin

But Spoony said on the news tonight that they just need to up their game next season. We won't need Barca players now :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:42 PM
No I won't.

Can you tell me three different things you would change in the current board's strategy ?

If I knew what the full written down strategy was I could comment

Saorsa
13-06-2011, 07:43 PM
tbh, we could sign 4 Barca players and it still wouldn't appease the moaners :greengrinI doubt it, that would mean we were spending decent http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/money_02.gif on players

instead of looking down here :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/BotB.jpg

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:43 PM
But Spoony said on the news tonight that they just need to up their game next season. We won't need Barca players now :agree:

Well done Spoony, got to admire the confidence :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I doubt it, that would mean we were spending decent http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/money_02.gif on players

instead of looking down here :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/BotB.jpg

Konte's that score penalties :greengrin

he fired us into Europe don't ya know :wink::aok:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Only if we signed them all for nowt and paid them 1,500 per week, we can't afford to get ourselves into a pickle by speculating a little

Bostonhibby
13-06-2011, 07:47 PM

:agree: No been back in since the OP but certainly got us going at it .........:fishin:?

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 07:48 PM
:blah:

witty as ever

Beefster
13-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Do they get paid £100k pa for it once it's received?

That money you refer to comes from supporters, footballing authorities and commercial clients. That means that Hyland is running the company with somebody else's money. In fact, he takes money out of the club so we can be pretty sure that most ST holders put more money into the club than the man running it.

Sort of makes your comment meaningless. Sorry.

Dirkster23
13-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Surely it's worse to pick out one sentence from 6 emails just because it suits your argument? Where's the context? what were the questions you were putting to Fife?

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:52 PM
If I knew what the full written down strategy was I could comment

So why don't you let them get on with their job ?

I spend every day of my life (as many others do) dealing with "experts", who actually have no idea of what they are talking about, or worse still have no idea how they would make things better.

Give the board some space...:flag:

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 07:53 PM
:agree: No been back in since the OP but certainly got us going at it .........:fishin:?

Interesting observation. I, like others, would love to see the mail / letter that Fife responded to. Just so we have the complete picture.

Imagine if the original letter said, "Everything that I have read on the message boards says you are doing nothing." and in that context I think his response was correct.

Let's see if the OP posts the original communication.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:53 PM
witty as ever

No idea who you are, but you obviously got a wee bee in your pretty wee bonnet

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Surely it's worse to pick out one sentence from 6 emails just because it suits your argument? Where's the context? what were the questions you were putting to Fife?

I wont be divulging any information on here....Sorry to disappoint

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 07:55 PM
So why don't you let them get on with their job ?

I spend every day of my life (as many others do) dealing with "experts", who actually have no idea of what they are talking about, or worse still have no idea how they would make things better.

Give the board some space...:flag:

Who gave you the right to tell me what to do..........:confused:

Fergus52
13-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Konte's that score penalties :greengrin

he fired us into Europe don't ya know :wink::aok:

<3

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Who gave you the right to tell me what to do..........:confused:

I'm asking your opinion.

You seem to have a real problem with the club at present.

Tell us what you would change from a board perspective ?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 07:59 PM
In fact, he takes money out of the club so we can be pretty sure that most ST holders put more money into the club than the man running it.

C'mon, you know as well as I do that that is not true. I give my employer NOTHING in terms of money, but I take a wage. Are you going to tell me that I am liability or an asset to my company? If you're going to talk PURELY in terms of cash then you are maybe right but the board are being paid for their time and expertise (as am I at my job).

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 07:59 PM
That money you refer to comes from supporters, footballing authorities and commercial clients. That means that Hyland is running the company with somebody else's money. In fact, he takes money out of the club so we can be pretty sure that most ST holders put more money into the club than the man running it.

Utter gash. People want us to show "some ambition" and "speculate". Whose money is that? Somebody else's.

Hyland is ultimately an employee of STF. DH suggested someone else should send their ideas to STF. I am sure he would pay them for it, as he would you, if those ideas generated money for the club. If you were effective he might even give you Hyland's job.

But why would you take the wage drop? I wouldnt.

Dirkster23
13-06-2011, 08:00 PM

So your happy to quote Fife on a public forum but don't have the balls to post the question you put to him? Seems fair :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm asking your opinion.

You seem to have a real problem with the club at present.

Tell us what you would change from a board perspective ?

No you never you told me to let the board get on with their jobs.......

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:03 PM
So your happy to quote Fife on a public forum but don't have the balls to post the question you put to him? Seems fair :rolleyes:

I have the balls but I wont be doing it, that OK with you?

Beefster
C'mon, you know as well as I do that that is not true. I give my employer NOTHING in terms of money, but I take a wage. Are you going to tell me that I am liability or an asset to my company? If you're going to talk PURELY in terms of cash then you are maybe right but the board are being paid for their time and expertise (as am I at my job).

My main point was that it's pointless talking about people being experts at running companies "with other people's money". Most CEOs run companies with "other people's money".

bighairyfaeleith

shouldn't have divulged anything then, same goes for the OP, don't feed us snippets to get us on your side, give us the whole facts and let us make our own minds up.

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2011, 08:05 PM

I'm now asking your opinion on what you would change in terms of policy / strategy, and why it would benefit HFC, who we all love and support....

Beefster
13-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Utter gash. People want us to show "some ambition" and "speculate". Whose money is that? Somebody else's.

Hyland is ultimately an employee of STF. DH suggested someone else should send their ideas to STF. I am sure he would pay them for it, as he would you, if those ideas generated money for the club. If you were effective he might even give you Hyland's job.

But why would you take the wage drop? I wouldnt.

Which bit is 'gash'? None of my post mentioned speculating (or ambition for that matter) so I'm not sure what your point is.

Incidentally, any 'speculate to accumulate' cash would ultimately come from the same sources, even if it was years later.

Dirkster23
13-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I have the balls but I wont be doing it, that OK with you?

You clearly haven't or you would have the decency to post your question so people could put the reply into context.

I'll bow out now, no point trying to discuss something when your only getting half the story.

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 08:08 PM
No idea who you are, but you obviously got a wee bee in your pretty wee bonnet

what's that got to do with it ?

i think if anyone is taking it all a wee bit too personally on this thread it's yourself .

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Which bit is 'gash'? None of my post mentioned speculating (or ambition for that matter) so I'm not sure what your point is.

Incidentally, any 'speculate to accumulate' cash would ultimately come from the same sources, even if it was years later.

Like the cash borrowed by Duff and Gray?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 08:11 PM

To which you replied something about "who are you to tell me what to do?". it was a figure of speech, not a demand. Don't take things so literally. I'm ASKING you to do that, not TELLING you. :wink:

Beefster
13-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Like the cash borrowed by Duff and Gray?

More like Rodders' overspend in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:14 PM
shouldn't have divulged anything then, same goes for the OP, don't feed us snippets to get us on your side, give us the whole facts and let us make our own minds up.

I could not care less if you are on side or not, that is definitley not my intention to get people on side.....That is just ludricous.........

The emails I sent and the responses are not for public consumption.....1 snippet was to highlight the fact that not all opinion on internet forums is ill informed, I will just leave that there...........

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm now asking your opinion on what you would change in terms of policy / strategy, and why it would benefit HFC, who we all love and support....

I am no "expert" as you say so will decline from giving you my opinion......

SMAXXA
13-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Have to say that this board is unbelievably depressing these days, why is it so addictive I sill cant stop logging on :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:16 PM
You clearly haven't or you would have the decency to post your question so people could put the reply into context.

I'll bow out now, no point trying to discuss something when your only getting half the story.

OK its official, I HAVE NO BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 08:16 PM
My main point was that it's pointless talking about people being experts at running companies "with other people's money". Most CEOs run companies with "other people's money".

Agreed. I think the flipside of that argument is that people are telling the club to invest (through these pages) but for the club to invest they need funds. The point being it's all well and good saying, "Invest, invest, invest!" but where does the club get the money from? I *think* that's the point being made.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:17 PM
what's that got to do with it ?

i think if anyone is taking it all a wee bit too personally on this thread it's yourself .

A lot of points have been made personally towards me.........That why I respond to it......

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 08:18 PM
More like Rodders' overspend in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

So Rods responsible for Duff and Gray? Is time travel now part of Rod's repertoire?

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:18 PM
To which you replied something about "who are you to tell me what to do?". it was a figure of speech, not a demand. Don't take things so literally. I'm ASKING you to do that, not TELLING you. :wink:

Seeing as you have asked me nicely Max, I will make a conceited effort not to take things so literally........

stantonhibby
13-06-2011, 08:19 PM
A lot of points have been made personally towards me.........That why I respond to it......

fair enough

at the end of the day we all want the same thing.........hopefully a few signings this week will cheer us all up a bit

Beefster
13-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Agreed. I think the flipside of that argument is that people are telling the club to invest (through these pages) but for the club to invest they need funds. The point being it's all well and good saying, "Invest, invest, invest!" but where does the club get the money from? I *think* that's the point being made.

I agree. Which is why my criticisms of the Board tend to be that they don't do enough to generate increased income.

Having said that, I am getting irritated how many Hibs fans' genuine concerns (whether particularly valid or not) are being contemptuously dismissed by some on here and, now, by Hibs themselves. It's a dangerous route for a commercial enterprise (even one with the emotional pull of Hibs) to take.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:21 PM
fair enough

at the end of the day we all want the same thing.........hopefully a few signings this week will cheer us all up a bit

O'Hanlon has signed by all account's, hopefully further to come

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I agree. Which is why my criticisms of the Board tend to be that they don't do enough to generate increased income.

Having said that, I am getting irritated how many Hibs fans' genuine concerns (whether particularly valid or not) are being contemptuously dismissed by some on here and, now, by Hibs themselves. It's a dangerous route for a commercial enterprise (even one with the emotional pull of Hibs) to take.

Spot on again Beefster

Removed
13-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Spot on again Beefster

Beefster
13-06-2011, 08:23 PM
So Rods responsible for Duff and Gray? Is time travel now part of Rod's repertoire?

You didn't win any debating awards at school, did you? Try and stay on topic if we ever have cause to interact again.

Thanks.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Seeing as you have asked me nicely Max, I will make a conceited effort not to take things so literally........

hmmmmm.. conceited or concerted? :wink:

hibs0666
13-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Which concerns do you think are being contemptuously dismissed by the club?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 08:30 PM

What irritates me is that we all want the same thing - a stronger Hibs team on the pitch. BUT the problems start when we debate how that should be achieved.

Let me ask this question - is it already too late for Hibs to make some key signings in time for next season? If not, why the panic? It's not like the season kicks off on Saturday. The problem is exasperated by the fact that nobody here really knows what's going on and because the club is not making any announcements I believe that some people are seeing that as a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, it could be a bad thing but we simply don't know. If we are left to speculate, which we are, then I would rather speculate positively. Give me some REAL bad news to sink my teeth into and then I will start to panic.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2011, 08:31 PM

:agree: :agree:

The Falcon
13-06-2011, 08:31 PM
You didn't win any debating awards at school, did you? Try and stay on topic if we ever have cause to interact again.

Thanks.

You said the money would be paid back from the sources that you said and I asked just like Duff and Gray. You then jumped to "Rodders overspend" without answering where the money to clear Duff and Gray's overspend came from, it most certainly wasnt from the sources you listed.

The club spent more than it could afford in the late 90's-early 00's as you say but again the market wasnt there. You are trying to develop a market that dosent exist and blaming others for that. It has been tried twice in modern times. The first time we almost went under and the second time we nearly lost our home.

If we ever interact again you should back up your argument with reality.

Thanks again for your time.

Saorsa
13-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Having said that, I am getting irritated how many Hibs fans' genuine concerns (whether particularly valid or not) are being contemptuously dismissed by some on here and, now, by Hibs themselves. It's a dangerous route for a commercial enterprise (even one with the emotional pull of Hibs) to take.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
13-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Suggests to me he's fed up with people wasting his time moaning about the lack of signings at the start of June!

i get that impression as well.

maybe the message board should shut down when the season finishes and open in the first day of the new season,would save a lot of nonsense and grief on here !!:wink:

ScottB
13-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Amazing how every thread on here ends up in the same never ending regurgitation of the same arguments these days. People aren't being dismissive. Folk are getting tired of the same never ending moans.

Ultimately, and I don't care what club or what Board, even if said Board are found signing in the stands (aye good luck with that one), the money clubs spend come from the fans, TV, sponsors, prize money etc. In some cases, a rich owner. I'd love someone to find me a club where the Board pour their own personal cash in, as some people seem to be moaning that ours don't do this for whatever reason.

So what if our Board 'aren't Hibs fans' as if that matters. Any clubs out there got a Board entirely comprised of fans then? Is this the new moan to replace the much demanded 'football minded Board member' is it?

And people moan about Board communication like this, there is no winning for them. They say nothing, folk moan there's no communication, so they issue a statement, largely stating the obvious, not as a conspiracy, not to take the p*ss, but funnily enough because the obvious is what's happening. But no, this is further evidence for the Board doing nothing or whatever the latest moan is that week. Wonder if any other clubs out there have to deal with this.

Not that this was a public statement anyway, this was a reply to an email.

3pm
13-06-2011, 08:39 PM
We all know by now that you should never trust a Fife-r. :o)

Mibbes Aye
13-06-2011, 08:40 PM

How many Hibs fans' genuine concerns have been contemptously dismissed by Hibs themselves? I'm not convinced you could honestly even apply that to the statement in the OP.

What is amusing is that there are enough folk who are quite happy to run their mouths off saying all sorts about the club. Then, at the merest suggestion of a club official speaking back, it's all petted lips and toys out the cot.

There's a lot of folk happy to dish it out who don't seem to have the appetite for taking it back, that's for sure.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2011, 08:52 PM
hmmmmm.. conceited or concerted? :wink:

oops concerted:greengrin

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Why are the board replying to emails and not sending out an apology to the support as a whole for the disaster of last season which included European and domestic cup embarrassment, a relegation scrap and giving reassurance to our whole support who are deeply worried about the direction is being ran and they are doing there best to make sure that such an awful season won't happen again! It's time for the board who have asked for so much from our great support in the past ten years to stand up become counted before the club lose a lot of disheartened and dissillusioned supporters because that is what it's coming to!

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Why are the board replying to emails and not sending out an apology to the support as a whole for the disaster of last season which included European and domestic cup embarrassment, a relegation scrap and giving reassurance to our whole support who are deeply worried about the direction is being ran and they are doing there best to make sure that such an awful season won't happen again! It's time for the board who have asked for so much from our great support in the past ten years to stand up become counted before the club lose a lot of disheartened and dissillusioned supporters because that is what it's coming to!

Because there are only 24 hours in a day and if the board did half of what we expect of them, they wouldn't be able to actually do their real jobs.

This is a pointless question but what makes you believe the board aren't doing anything to address your concerns? They can't make news.

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Because there are only 24 hours in a day and if the board did half of what we expect of them, they wouldn't be able to actually do their real jobs.

This is a pointless question but what makes you believe the board aren't doing anything to address your concerns? They can't make news.

Half of what we expect of them? Are you for real? An end of season statement would have been appreciated by the support on a whole, maybe your ok tucked up in america mate but there is a lot of worried a pd off normal bums on seat supporters in our support and IMO it should have been addressed! It wouldn't have taken long at all! I dont know if the board are or aren't addressing the concerns of more than just a minority of the support! I dont think a statement addressing this and and an apology would have went a miss though!

marinello59
13-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Half of what we expect of them? Are you for real? An end of season statement would have been appreciated by the support on a whole, maybe your ok tucked up in america mate but there is a lot of worried a pd off normal bums on seat supporters in our support and IMO it should have been addressed! It wouldn't have taken long at all! I dont know if the board are or aren't addressing the concerns of more than just a minority of the support! I dont think a statement addressing this and and an apology would have went a miss though!

You should email Fife. :agree:

CabbageBoy
13-06-2011, 09:42 PM
WRONG!!!!!
CabbageBoy is Scott Lindsay. :greengrin

You wouldnt believe my real name; its shared with a famous deceased singer with a penchant for chimps and young boys.

HibsMax
Half of what we expect of them? Are you for real?
Yup, I just pinched myself and I felt it so I think that confirms it. Perhaps you haven't been reading all the threads on here but I have and there are MANY where the board are getting lambasted for not doing this and not doing the next thing. Your wish for an apology is just one more to add to the growing list. That is what I meant when I said, "half of what we expect of them".

Spare me the "tucked away in America" BS please. That's just baseless and insulting. But you're not the first person to say something like that so you're in good company. Be sure to tell my family that I love them less because I'm all the way over here.

3pm

It's a big place to be fair. We need answers now. The end is nigh!

down the slope
13-06-2011, 09:44 PM

Your spot on, anyone would think the board had performed wonderfully the last few seasons and a few reassuring words would not have gone amiss but it seems we must not question the way they operate !. I still think they are crap and for anyone that doubts that look at last seasons finishing position and how that will impact on ST's this coming season. I could also mention how they are trying to drag us into a smaller league set up as THEY KNOW BEST ! , that for me sums them up and the only sound they want to hear from us is the money going into the tills. Yours , one of the usual suspects.

CropleyWasGod

Do they even have the phone there, let alone the interweb?

Mikey
You wouldnt believe my real name; its shared with a famous deceased singer with a penchant for chimps and young boys.

Awrite Tarzan, how's it going?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 09:45 PM

Gary Glitter!!!!! Holy smokes!!! :wink:

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Your spot on, anyone would think the board had performed wonderfully the last few seasons and a few reassuring words would not have gone amiss but it seems we must not question the way they operate !. I still think they are crap and for anyone that doubts that look at last seasons finishing position and how that will impact on ST's this coming season. I could also mention how they are trying to drag us into a smaller league set up as THEY KNOW BEST ! , that for me sums them up and the only sound they want to hear from us is the money going into the tills. Yours , one of the usual suspects.

I do think the board have performed pretty well. The team on the park, that's a completely different story. Well, unless you expect the players to start work on the financial while we see how well Petrie does running down the left.....

"that for me sums them up and the only sound they want to hear from us is the money going into the tills" -- how will they hear that if there are no fans? Surely a small flaw in your assessment? I mean, FFS, how can the board ONLY be concerned about money and not the football? The two go hand in hand!

jabis
13-06-2011, 09:47 PM
It's a big place to be fair. We need answers now. The end is nigh!

that made me laugh :thumbsup:

ScottB
13-06-2011, 09:48 PM

So basically the sort of thing people were screaming for in January, which they then got, then immediately started tearing into it and complaining the Board has wasted time on a pointless statement.

As I said, there is no winning, Board apologies, folk complain, Board says nothing, folk complain.

I'd rather they spent their time trying to fix problems that issue irrelevant statements.

smurf
13-06-2011, 09:51 PM
If you are talking about players then there is currently nothing to communicate.

Of course I don't expect communications on signing targets. That's blatantly obvious... jeez...

down the slope
13-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I do think the board have performed pretty well. The team on the park, that's a completely different story. Well, unless you expect the players to start work on the financial while we see how well Petrie does running down the left.....

"that for me sums them up and the only sound they want to hear from us is the money going into the tills" -- how will they hear that if there are no fans? Surely a small flaw in your assessment? I mean, FFS, how can the board ONLY be concerned about money and not the football? The two go hand in hand!

Because they think that not making much of a loss is success , they are accountants who can manage there way around a balance sheet and that is fine on one level and i hand it to them the ground looks fantastic and the training centre looks....fantastic but we are not a property company we are a football club and basically we are crap !. As i mentioned in an earlier post they want to take us to the new league set up that i would think nine out of ten fans do not want to go to but they say we will with not a dicky bird from them , unbelievabla arrogance and a complete disregard of the fans so for me that sums them up.

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Yup, I just pinched myself and I felt it so I think that confirms it. Perhaps you haven't been reading all the threads on here but I have and there are MANY where the board are getting lambasted for not doing this and not doing the next thing. Your wish for an apology is just one more to add to the growing list. That is what I meant when I said, "half of what we expect of them".

Spare me the "tucked away in America" BS please. That's just baseless and insulting. But you're not the first person to say something like that so you're in good company. Be sure to tell my family that I love them less because I'm all the way over here.

My opinion is your a head in the sand apologist not feeling what many of us are because your not there to feel it! Doesn't make u less a supporter or fan but don't write off others who feel different to your everything will ok bollocks because were in the **** mate

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Because they think that not making much of a loss is success , they are accountants who can manage there way around a balance sheet and that is fine on one level and i hand it to them the ground looks fantastic and the training centre looks....fantastic but we are not a property company we are a football club and basically we are crap !. As i mentioned in an earlier post they want to take us to the new league set up that i would think nine out of ten fans do not want to go to but they say we will with not a dicky bird from them , unbelievabla arrogance and a complete disregard of the fans so for me that sums them up.

I'll agree with you with respect to the new league setup, I can't get my head around why anyone would want that!

I know that as a football team we are crap, no disagreement there, but you're not really explaining to me how doing a crap job ties in with their lust for money. I honestly think that if the board didn't care about Hibs we would be in a worse position than we are now.

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 10:16 PM
My opinion is your a head in the sand apologist not feeling what many of us are because your not there to feel it! Doesn't make u less a supporter or fan but don't write off others who feel different to your everything will ok bollocks because were in the **** mate

Unfortunately, we're all entitled to our opinions. You can think what you want about me but you're way wrong. "Head in the sand apologist". Please explain what brought you to that conclusion because I really want to know. If that name is given to all fans who think that the board has done a decent job over the past few years then I guess I'm ok with that. Sounds like petty name calling to me though....

EDIT : Unless you've gone through some name changes, you've only been here for a few days. And already you "know" me......

Albion Hibs
13-06-2011, 10:18 PM

I said about four pages ago it would not be too long before people started asking for "apologies"....in fairness I did not expect it to take until page 8 to come out!!

What is wrong with some of our fan base where we constantly want to be pouted to by the club. Not too long ago so many were screaming for an apology from the players.

When are the fans that turned there back on the club towards the end of last season going to apologies to the club and fellow fans? Why are the fans always right and it is always, Hibernian FC, the Board, the players, the manager etc that are always wrong. This constant babying make me cringe for those that need that.

If you dont like it dont go, but dont bother coming on here moaning about it....or at least get the admins to set up an dear dedrie section.

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately, we're all entitled to our opinions. You can think what you want about me but you're way wrong. "Head in the sand apologist". Please explain what brought you to that conclusion because I really want to know. If that name is given to all fans who think that the board has done a decent job over the past few years then I guess I'm ok with that. Sounds like petty name calling to me though....

EDIT : Unless you've gone through some name changes, you've only been here for a few days. And already you "know" me......

Re edit - every single thread someone raises a concern your first to jump in over the past few weeks! Not hard to see you as a head in the sand apologist sorry

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I said about four pages ago it would not be too long before people started asking for "apologies"....in fairness I did not expect it to take until page 8 to come out!!

What is wrong with some of our fan base where we constantly want to be pouted to by the club. Not too long ago so many were screaming for an apology from the players.

When are the fans that turned there back on the club towards the end of last season going to apologies to the club and fellow fans? Why are the fans always right and it is always, Hibernian FC, the Board, the players, the manager etc that are always wrong. This constant babying make me cringe for those that need that.

If you dont like it dont go, but dont bother coming on here moaning about it....or at least get the admins to set up an dear dedrie section.

Woopee doo for you and your predictions! Does that mean your not allowed to raise the point then? I can't speak for half our fan base but what I can do is express my concern at a time were in serious trouble on and off the park and where do you think your attitude of if you don't like it don't go will get us exactly? If you can't see were in trouble fair enough to you but don't jump down the throat of others who are deeply worried about the current situation!

BEEJ
13-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't speak for half our fan base but what I can do is express my concern at a time were in serious trouble on and off the park
How exactly?

Removed
13-06-2011, 10:57 PM
How exactly?

I'd hazard a guess at ST purchases and cash flow

greenlex
13-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Woopee doo for you and your predictions! Does that mean your not allowed to raise the point then? I can't speak for half our fan base but what I can do is express my concern at a time were in serious trouble on and off the park and where do you think your attitude of if you don't like it don't go will get us exactly? If you can't see were in trouble fair enough to you but don't jump down the throat of others who are deeply worried about the current situation!
Care to enlighten us on hiw exactly were are in trouble both off and on the park? Last I looked off the park was the envy of nearly every club in scotland and we are in the close season so on the park must be in your head.

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Care to enlighten us on hiw exactly were are in trouble both off and on the park? Last I looked off the park was the envy of nearly every club in scotland and we are in the close season so on the park must be in your head.

On the park we finished tenth so I would argue the envy of the rest of the league to be honest! off the park were losing support at an alarming rate so I don't know what's to be proud of on that front! Any ideas?

HibsMax
13-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Re edit - every single thread someone raises a concern your first to jump in over the past few weeks! Not hard to see you as a head in the sand apologist sorry

Maybe because most of the posts are raising the same concerns over and over again? Having an opinion counts as being an apologist? Interesting.....

Head in the sand implies that I am ignoring warnings that you / others are not. I don't see anything to be worried about right now, still plenty of time for Hibs to make some signings. Since we've descended to name-calling, if I am a head in the sand apologist then, by your logic, you are an alarmist. "sorry". LOL.

I don't see myself as an apologist because I think the board have done a fine job in looking after Hibs over that past few years....and I've been saying that for the past few years. Why would I change my tune now? I don't know if you were posting here a few years ago, and even if you were that's no guarantee you would remember, but back then I said that I believed the correct thing for Hibs to do was look after the infrastructure and then take care of the playing staff. That's what has been happening and I am happy. So far. Since you've been closely monitoring (stalking?) my posts you will undoubtedly know that I have also said that if the board does not take care of the playing staff NEXT then I will change my tune.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good old slagging match. Ay, "mate"?

Inch Cabbage
13-06-2011, 11:04 PM

Yep and although we have good finances we no longer have players to sell to cover loses! Nearly all the other clubs in the country do at the moment and they didn't just have disastrous seasons either!

matty_f
13-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Based on hunches and what you've read on here? And we're moaning about the term 'ill informed' being used?:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
13-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Pish, IMHO.

Not contemptuous in the slightest, just bloody honest. They are the ONLY ones who really know what is going on so all the slaverings on here are just that, slaverings. Mostly entirely uninformed guesswork or completely random stuff just thought up. Occasionally, some of the better informed do post something more but usually they take the same line as the club and keep schtum until the time is right.

He's not commenting on our discussions in general on the club, he's commenting on the transfer side of things. Entirely fair comment I'd say.

Have a coke and a smile and wait on some official news eh? :wink: