PDA

View Full Version : Sproule, up front?

KeithTheHibby
13-06-2011, 01:34 PM
We seem to be top heavy with midfielders this season and have no strikers apart from Sodje.

Had CC brought Ivan back with the idea to play him up top? Not so mad when you actually think about it...

hibsbollah
13-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I think hed be great in there...up against some of the slower SPL centre halfs. Add to the fact his crossing can be wayward anyway, and it could definitely work.

.Sean.
13-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I reckon it could work with the right partner, he's a cracking finisher.

CapitalHibs
13-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Of course. I posted on the Team for next season thread yesterday that I think CC will play one of three strikers up front with Sproule getting up in support. We also need more goals from the midfield

sesoim
13-06-2011, 09:26 PM
As proved in the Ibrox hat trick, Sproule can do a job up front. It's about where and when you play him. I don't see him being so successful playing from the start against a highly defensive team that packs their defence, but if WE are winning and the other team is opening out, he could do some real damage up there.

We need more spark and speed if we are to start scoring goals regularly again and Sproule can hopefully still provide the latter.