PDA

View Full Version : Expectations

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Whenever a potential signing is mentioned it's either rubbished as being pie-in-the-sky, we're not big enough etc, or not Hibs class, in that we're too good for some of the touted names.

It seems our expectations are more at odds than ever before.

I feel that Hibs should never be out of the top 6 and only out of the top four on really poor transitional seasons. Anything else, to me, is just mismanagement, considering the resource advantages we have over most other clubs in Scotland.

KWJ
12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I certainly think we should be a top 6 team most seasons but I wouldn't go suicidal if we had the odd season out, especially if it coincided with a decent cup run. Occasionally another team may just be better than us through either a great manager or a top batch of youngsters, contacts, sudden cash injections or whatever.

Overall we should be in the top 6 and challenging for europe most seasons.

marinello59
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Top Six for me should be seen as a minimum requrement, to regard it as any sort of acheivement would show a real lack of ambition and invite failure.
I would hope our target is always a top four finish with at least one decent cup run. I still live in hope that will happen this coming season.

hfc rd
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hibs should always be challenging for Europe with a decent cup run. Top six should be a minimum for a size and stature of a club like the Hibs. Anything other than that is a failure.