H18sry
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Glad I'm a PM :wink: got a nice bet on last night after inside info :greengrin

He is still a GJP tho

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM

He is still a GJP tho

What odds for Billy Davies to do the short move from Nottingham to Birmingham?

whereswallace?
12-06-2011, 03:41 PM

He is still a GJP tho

:wink:

Beefster
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM

He is still a GJP tho

Even if I had still been a PM, I wouldn't have touched that particular bet after *****ing a not inconsiderable amount on Clarke for Hibs!

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
How unprofessional is it to resign from your job by email. According to SSN that's the way Big Eck packed in his job.

moredun
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
As loyal as per for the GJP

H18sry
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
How unprofessional is it to resign from your job by email. According to SSN that's the way Big Eck packed in his job.

True, you would have thought a text message would have done :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Or the old fashioned fax. That's the method big teams use.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
As loyal as per for the GJP

You can imagine the uproar if it had been the other way around.

Wonder what was said in the email apart from GTF.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Let's hope he's able to emulate his success at Birmingham and lead Villa back into the first division.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
The luckiest man in football does it again! If he fell in the sea he'd come out dry.

ronaldo7
12-06-2011, 04:20 PM

He is still a GJP tho

:aok: Wheres wallace. My wallet will be bulging again if he goes to Villa:greengrin

H18sry
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm hearing that Marlon King was signed behind McLeish's back & that Billy Davies is now favourite for the vacant Birmingham job.:wink:

Dirkster23
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
:wink:

Part one complete mate :wink:

micka_weer
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM

To be fair, texts costs around 10p an email is generally free (assuming he used the computer in his office just before hastily departed!) thus saving the Birmingham board money as it will now be much harder to come by in the championship. He is obviously a man of class and integrity! Aye right GJP!! 

Spike Mandela
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Wonder what the Villa fans feel about this. Villa narrowly avoid relegation then take on the manager of their rivals who did get relegated.

How would Hibs fans react to that:greengrin

seven nowt
12-06-2011, 05:02 PM
This news upset me very slightly.

Birmingham are my favourite English team (at first, due to the Scottish links) and I was disappointed enough at them going down. Now a terrific manager like Alex McLeish has left them. And I'm sure McFadden is heavily linked with a move to the Old Firm.

Still, would be delighted to see him in the Premier League again next season, but he'll be portrayed as a traitor forever.

To conclude. He is too good a manager for the championship.

scoopyboy
12-06-2011, 05:04 PM
He has jumped ship several times at exactly the right moment, for that I suppose he should be congratulated.

However this time I think he has made a bad decision.

A couple of years ago I bought a book at the airport to read on holiday. It was called Villains or something similar and was about Aston Villa hooligans. It was an interesting read with a fair bit of football in it as well as fighting. There were Hibs references to Alex Cropley, Des Bremner and even the CCS got a mention.

However, bottom line is I didn't realise just how much bad blood there was between Villa and Birmingham, WBA who are similar sized don't even come into the equation despite sharing the same city.

It wouldn't surprise me if McLeish got a dull one.

hfc rd
12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Once a Judas, always a Judas.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
The luckiest man in football does it again! If he fell in the sea he'd come out dry.

LOL:top marks

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Big Eck must be at the "Crossroads" of his career.

Phil D. Rolls
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
This news upset me very slightly.

Birmingham are my favourite English team (at first, due to the Scottish links) and I was disappointed enough at them going down. Now a terrific manager like Alex McLeish has left them. And I'm sure McFadden is heavily linked with a move to the Old Firm.

Still, would be delighted to see him in the Premier League again next season, but he'll be portrayed as a traitor forever.

To conclude. He is too good a manager for the championship.

Strangely, that's where his team ended up. I'd have thought the bottom line for him at the likes of Birmingham would have been to keep them up, yet he failed.

He won them a trophy, but what use is that to them now. On top of that the tube jumps ship to their greatest rivals. I think he has heaped the pressure on himself this time, and doubt if he'll get much time to prove himself at Villa Park.

Albion Hibs
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Would be a great move for him, but I think both sets of fans would hate him. Part of me still sees him ending up at everton assuming Moyes heads the other way. In any event looks like he is on his was back to the EPL where he probably deserves to be working.

allezsauzee
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Big Eck must be at the "Crossroads" of his career.

Nice...you think the Villa fans may take a 'Benny' if he's their next manager?

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 09:39 PM

I reckon they will take an Adam Chance on him.

heretoday
12-06-2011, 09:43 PM
He'll need to build a team blending youth and some "Acorn Antiques"......

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Forgot to say that you've been Diane to say that for ages. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Forgot to say that you've been Diane to say that for ages. :wink:

As Sandy Richardson might have said, I reckon Big Eck was fed up of being pushed around.

Pete
13-06-2011, 12:59 AM
He has jumped ship several times at exactly the right moment, for that I suppose he should be congratulated.

However this time I think he has made a bad decision.

A couple of years ago I bought a book at the airport to read on holiday. It was called Villains or something similar and was about Aston Villa hooligans. It was an interesting read with a fair bit of football in it as well as fighting. There were Hibs references to Alex Cropley, Des Bremner and even the CCS got a mention.

However, bottom line is I didn't realise just how much bad blood there was between Villa and Birmingham, WBA who are similar sized don't even come into the equation despite sharing the same city.

It wouldn't surprise me if McLeish got a dull one.

I don't see it as being as simple as everyone is making it out to be. He resigns from Brum and walks straight into Villa Park...aye right!

The Villa fans would not accept McLaren who has achieved a lot more than McLeish has and who in my opinion is a better manager...and their chairman listened to them. Their aim is to break into the top four so why would McLeish be any sort of acceptable appointment? This isn't even considering the fact he has come from their rivals.

I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than even the press are aware of regarding these recent resignations. It looks like they're gambling but they've been well advised and I can see most of these managerial departures ending up in other jobs in the near future...just maybe not the ones we'd all expect.

I can see GJP at Fulham...and watch out for Sven maybe filling one of those larger vacancies!

aberhibsfc
13-06-2011, 07:42 AM

:top marks

aberhibsfc
13-06-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't see it as being as simple as everyone is making it out to be. He resigns from Brum and walks straight into Villa Park...aye right!

The Villa fans would not accept McLaren who has achieved a lot more than McLeish has and who in my opinion is a better manager...and their chairman listened to them. Their aim is to break into the top four so why would McLeish be any sort of acceptable appointment? This isn't even considering the fact he has come from their rivals.

I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than even the press are aware of regarding these recent resignations. It looks like they're gambling but they've been well advised and I can see most of these managerial departures ending up in other jobs in the near future...just maybe not the ones we'd all expect.

I can see GJP at Fulham...and watch out for Sven maybe filling one of those larger vacancies!

I thought they already signed Martin Jol.

grantonhibee
13-06-2011, 01:09 PM
judas strikes again

heretoday
14-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I bet when they got Eck's email at B'gham there was an awkward pause and some familiar music came on the tannoy, followed by one shot of the chairman saying in a stunned voice:"It's Alex....he's leaving St Andrews!"

blueisthecolour
14-06-2011, 12:47 PM

He is still a GJP tho

7/1 ?