PDA

View Full Version : Greggs ,,steven caldwell

erin go bragh
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Just been told were on the verge of signing Steven Caldwell ! thoughts ?
I think he would be a great signing :agree:
ggtth

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 11:27 AM
He won't come to us...

He would be a good signing though.

H18sry
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM
He won't come to us...

Why? :confused:

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Why? :confused:

He's a good player, I would imagine he will go to a championship team..

CallumLaidlaw
12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
He's a good player, I would imagine he will go to a championship team..

He won't come to us cos hes a good player?
CC might as well not bother trying to sign any good players then.
Stokes was a good player. Liam Miller also. They obviously weren't aware tho.
I want calderwood to be ambitious.

smurf
12-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Doubt we could get him.

Aldo
12-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Think he would be an excellent signing TBH. Played in the EPL and would do for me.

Inch Cabbage
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
If true class signing! Highly doubtfull though he will end up at the huns!

McIntosh
12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
ggtth

My nephew who is a journalist told me the same last week. This appears to be legitimate.

moredun
12-06-2011, 12:32 PM
From the bounce

"Bumped into Steven Caldwell in town today and after the usual "how you doing"and "gary still cheezing he scored against france?" i asked him what he was doing up here and he said that he was weighing up an offer from a club up here.when pushed as to which club he replied with "cant say mate,sorry" and then dingied me after that.TWAT!"

ScottB
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Would be an interesting signing, the sort of experienced pro that would help bring Hanlon and Stephens on.

Always thought he was the better Caldwell, certainly in Football Manager :greengrin

col02
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
If true then he is a player who would actually encourage me to possibly renew my season ticket. Good experience and would do very well in the SPL I feel.

J-C
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Only had a 1 yr deal at Wigan, so he's out of contract. :greengrin

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
He won't come to us cos hes a good player?
CC might as well not bother trying to sign any good players then.
Stokes was a good player. Liam Miller also. They obviously weren't aware tho.
I want calderwood to be ambitious.

What I mean is he is a good player, hence championship teams Will probably be interested and they can offer better wages than we can.

Would be an interesting signing, the sort of experienced pro that would help bring Hanlon and Stephens on.

Always thought he was the better Caldwell, certainly in Football Manager :greengrin

:agree: definitely!

Andy74
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Can someone just list the players we are okay to sign please? The ones that are Hibs class but wouldn't interest any good teams. It'll help me keep up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
If he is up here looking at an offer it is more likely to have come from Ibrox I would think.

CallumLaidlaw
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Can someone just list the players we are okay to sign please? The ones that are Hibs class but wouldn't interest any good teams. It'll help me keep up.

:greengrin

Wheat Hound
12-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd also heard a whisper re this last week, as well as Kevin McDonald. Would not be surprised if we hear something as early as tomorrow ;-)

justlikebrazil
12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
ggtth
hope hes better than his brother!!!

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
He won't come to us...

He might. His brother has no doubt told him just how much he enjoyed his time at Easter Road and that he always got a fantastic welcome back when he was playing for Celtic.

You just never know.

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 03:19 PM
He might. His brother has no doubt told him just how much he enjoyed his time at Easter Road and that he always got a fantastic welcome back when he was playing for Celtic.

You just never know.

:greengrin

Beefster
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd be happy with this signing. Just the type we need at the back.

He's not as good as his brother though so those who thought that Gary Caldwell was pish at Hibs will no doubt be unhappy.

Wheat Hound
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I'd be happy with this signing. Just the type we need at the back.

He's not as good as his brother though so those who thought that Gary Caldwell was pish at Hibs will no doubt be unhappy.

Maybe but, unlike Gary, I think he recognises his own limitations better and isn't as prone to making woeful 'world cup' passes.

duffers
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Im normally pretty positive... however I'm not to sure on this one if true. Never liked him playing for Scotland, always found him a bit of a bombscare. Time would tell I suppose....

weecounty hibby
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM

You just never know.
My kid was in hospital at the same time as his for a few weeks. Didn't really speak to him much but he had nothing but good things to say about Hibs and his wife said they loved their time at ER. Sunshine on Leith was their first dance at their wedding.

Steven would be a great signing for us. Lets keep the fingers crossed

Aldo
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Fingers crossed. Might not be EPL class but DEFO Hibs Class and SPL class.....

Dont shout too loud or the YAMS might step in an offer him a fiver more.

Some news about signings this week would be a wee bit of a moral booster.

George Clooney
12-06-2011, 04:26 PM
We are signing a Dons centre back tomorrow - FACT

It's gonna confuse the hell out of Murdo McLeod and some other commentators.

Nice and cryptic so I'll retire before I say too much! :wink:

down the slope
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Is that MK Dons or thon other ones from up the road ?.

JimBHibees
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Assuming Sean O'Hanlon from MK Dons.

Spike Mandela
12-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Had a text today from a Jambo work colleague saying an MK Dons defender being shown around East Mains. Guessing Sean O'Hanlon so Hanlon o'Hanlon centre back pairing:wink:

hfc rd
12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I would be very happy with this signing. He may not be Prem class, but he would defo be good enough for the spl. We are crying out for a defender or two with this guys experience and someone to tutor Stephens and Hanlon along the way to make them better players. Fingers crossed we do sign him and it won't suprise me if Caldo was to make him captain.

blairwallace
12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
From the bounce

"Bumped into Steven Caldwell in town today and after the usual "how you doing"and "gary still cheezing he scored against france?" i asked him what he was doing up here and he said that he was weighing up an offer from a club up here.when pushed as to which club he replied with "cant say mate,sorry" and then dingied me after that.TWAT!"

i always thought it was gary that scored against France? :confused:

i'd say the story is bull on that note.

Idlewild
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
i always thought it was gary that scored against France? :confused:

i'd say the story is bull on that note.

Read it again

Allant1981
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Assuming Sean O'Hanlon from MK Dons.

i was told he flew up here last tuesday for talks/shown round so might be true

hfc rd
12-06-2011, 05:46 PM

If it is Sean O'Hanlon then I will be very happy. A lot of MK Dons fans rated him a lot and were very sad when he was released. They said that he is someone who plays with his heart on the sleeve and gives his all for the club.

blairwallace
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Read it again

ah oops sorry

ScottB
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM

If so, would we be signing him and Caldwell? Considering we already have Hanlon, Stephens etc on the books, not that I'd complain, but I'd have thought Hanlon would be a first choice player next season.

MontrealHibs
12-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Would be delighted if this one is true. I wouldn't be surprised to find the offer he has up here is really from Hearts or Rangers though.

RickyS
12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
not goin to dramatise it, but i got a txt from my uncle sayin he spotted him in asda newhaven. this was b4 i told him of the rumour. theres no way he could have heard it. he never uses the net at all. and we have seen many players in there. from Grof, Zouma, Chisholm, Killen, and a few others. i wondered if the cub owned a few flats there. anyway just though i would pass it on:hnet:

MontrealHibs
13-06-2011, 06:54 AM
not goin to dramatise it, but i got a txt from my uncle sayin he spotted him in asda newhaven. this was b4 i told him of the rumour. theres no way he could have heard it. he never uses the net at all. and we have seen many players in there. from Grof, Zouma, Chisholm, Killen, and a few others. i wondered if the cub owned a few flats there. anyway just though i would pass it on:hnet:

Was he using the instore bakers? I suppose Greggs would be closed on a Sunday. :greengrin

Here is hoping, but if the rumours about Sean O'Hanlon are true I am surprised we have signed two central defenders.

IanM
13-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Was he using the instore bakers? I suppose Greggs would be closed on a Sunday. :greengrin

Here is hoping, but if the rumours about Sean O'Hanlon are true I am surprised we have signed two central defenders.

i like the idea of 2 new central defenders - at present its got to be the toughest job in Britain! the idea of quality and quantity is somethign we've been missing for years

GloryGlory
13-06-2011, 07:05 AM
If so, would we be signing him and Caldwell? Considering we already have Hanlon, Stephens etc on the books, not that I'd complain, but I'd have thought Hanlon would be a first choice player next season.

I think we already needed one new CB (don't see Murray there anymore) and would guess with Dickoh being away we now need two.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-06-2011, 07:11 AM
ggtth

its about time Hibs started building the team from the back. The huns and their diet counterparts have long had good solid central defenders and built on from there. A team is not all about flair players...

PaulSmith
13-06-2011, 07:25 AM
We might go to 3 at the back now if Caldwell and O'Hanlon sign (with Hanlon). Towell and Booth more natural wing backs IMO.

gettingcarriedaway.com

IWasThere2016
13-06-2011, 07:26 AM

:top marks

I was tempted to post "A. O'Brien :wink: :greengrin"

Hermit Crab
13-06-2011, 10:44 AM
On a more negative note. Wages are always a stumbling block with Hibs. :duck:
Cant see it happening. Prove me wrong Hibs :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I think we already needed one new CB (don't see Murray there anymore) and would guess with Dickoh being away we now need two.

:agree:
I agree, i think we need at least 2 new centre backs. Murrays past it, Hanlon is inconsistant and Dickoh has gone.

jonny
13-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Now open 10-4 on a Sunday for all professional footballers and agents to fuel ridiculous rumours and speculation.
Caldwell must have missed the flyer through his door about the new opening hours :wink:

ScottB
13-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Now open 10-4 on a Sunday for all professional footballers and agents to fuel ridiculous rumours and speculation.
Caldwell must have missed the flyer through his door about the new opening hours :wink:

If he's Greggs motivated he'll be off to Rangers. The Greggs are open till 4am in Glasgow :wink:

BurghHibby
13-06-2011, 12:57 PM
If he's Greggs motivated he'll be off to Rangers. The Greggs are open till 4am in Glasgow :wink:

There's a Greggs in Glasgow airport (only in the weedje) and it's probably open 24 hours!

hibeeleicester
13-06-2011, 01:09 PM
There's a Greggs in Glasgow airport (only in the weedje) and it's probably open 24 hours!

Sure the one at East Mids is 24 hour :agree:

Did see dean shiels in the airport last year! Coming to hibs? :greengrin

grantonhibee
13-06-2011, 01:10 PM
would be a good signing but a can't see him coming to easter road , wages being the main issue

sesoim
13-06-2011, 09:42 PM

Bamba, Hogg, Thicot and Dickoh have left, leaving us with two CBs, so we definitely need two new CBs (unless somebody like Palsson moves back there). Murray has played their before but the Ayr game proved he is way too slow to play there now.

I'm hoping both new CBs are experienced and will go straight into the first team, as Hanlon was suspect on a number of occasions and Stevens is too inexperienced to be first choice at the moment.

sesoim
13-06-2011, 09:52 PM
would be a good signing but a can't see him coming to easter road , wages being the main issue

The best hope I think Hibs have of getting Caldwell is that he sees it as a chance to play regularly and maybe catch Craig Levein's eye, even if he does have to take a wage cut to do it.

Funnilly enough I think he's been awful when he has played for Scotland but I'd still happily have him at Hibs. I suppose that shows how bad our centre backs has been lately!

GordonHFC
13-06-2011, 10:17 PM
The best hope I think Hibs have of getting Caldwell is that he sees it as a chance to play regularly and maybe catch Craig Levein's eye, even if he does have to take a wage cut to do it.

Funnilly enough I think he's been awful when he has played for Scotland but I'd still happily have him at Hibs. I suppose that shows how bad our centre backs has been lately!

And we all know Potters record of picking Hibs or ex Hibs players for Scotland.

ian cruise
13-06-2011, 10:52 PM
We might go to 3 at the back now if Caldwell and O'Hanlon sign (with Hanlon). Towell and Booth more natural wing backs IMO.

gettingcarriedaway.com

I dream of hibs playing a 3-5-2. You're just being cruel by suggesting this

Aldo
14-06-2011, 08:48 AM

Bit in Bold matey.

Dont think you will be too far away with that estimation.:greengrin

R'Albin
14-06-2011, 09:22 AM

My old FM formation:greengrin

MontrealHibs
14-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Nobody has mentioned Christian Dailly this window.

stokesmessiah
14-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Nobody has mentioned Christian Dailly this window.

Thank God !

MontrealHibs
14-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Thank God !

Well let me start it now... Assistant Manager!

JimBHibees
14-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Well let me start it now... Assistant Manager, not sure if that involves playing.

Good source?

MontrealHibs
14-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Good source?

Not really, no. It doesn't stop anybody else though!