PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling.......

sunshine1875
12-06-2011, 10:32 AM
..........that this week we will make some signings and that these will come as a surprise to the majority.

No inside information. Just the way things are usually done at Hibs! Remember when Mowbray was appointed, no-one mentioned his name at all.

I really believe that our board are working hard to get better players in. Am I allowed to start such a positive thread.

:hibees:hibees:hibees

Fife-Hibee
12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
..........that this week we will make some signings and that these will come as a surprise to the majority.

No inside information. Just the way things are usually done at Hibs! Remember when Mowbray was appointed, no-one mentioned his name at all.

I really believe that our board are working hard to get better players in. Am I allowed to start such a positive thread.

Hope your right :worried:

MrSmith
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry for being negative but...our board working hard?? More a case of "money no enough for you son??" Next!!

which brings me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqx5j-***eI

CallumLaidlaw
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Agreed 100%
I've been saying for a few days that I'm convinced we'll announce at least 2 signings this week.

hibee92
12-06-2011, 10:43 AM

at your own risk.

SMAXXA
12-06-2011, 10:43 AM
This same post has been put on here for the last few weeks and personally I have no expectations of a groundbreaking signings week.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised tho.

Hibercelona
12-06-2011, 11:12 AM
We get these topics on here every transfer window and we're always left disappointed.

Of course we'll sign a couple of players. But will they really be any use to us? I seriously doubt it.

The only reason we wait so late on to buy players is because we know we'll get players cheaper when no other club wants them.

Its always the same bore fest. :yawn:

stokesmessiah
12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
We get these topics on here every transfer window and we're always left disappointed.

Of course we'll sign a couple of players. But will they really be any use to us? I seriously doubt it.

The only reason we wait so late on to buy players is because we know we'll get players cheaper when no other club wants them.

At least your staying positive about the team you love though, eh? :rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2011, 11:16 AM
When the whistle blows to kick off the next season, if we line up one to eleven with players that CC deems good enough, and subbies the same, with an assistant manager that he himself has chosen, then that will tick all the boxes for me. I don't care, if I have heard of them, as long as he has.

IFONLY
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Dont agree, there are plenty players available why rush into signings, why pay players wages just now when they are not playing.

MrSmith
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
At least your staying positive about the team you love though, eh? :rolleyes:

You need to cut this **** out! You use the terms, fair weather, glory hunter and lack of real love for the team to often on fellow hibees posting on this board! I don't know what age you are but I doubt very much you have seen 10% of what most these posters, you insult frequently and practice your ill thought out sarcasm on, have seen in their life-time supporting Hibs!

You can continue to be fed a line and accept it from our current custodians, I for one won't and a good quantity of members here and fans will not either! So in essence: Fine to have an opinion but keep your insults and lack of experience to yourself!

Lucius Apuleius
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Course you can, and long may it continue.:clapper::cheers:

CmoantheHibs
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Id imagine you are spot on with your analysis.The board will be bursting a gut to get the signings CC has pinpointed in but obviously within our budget.It may not be possible in some cases but they will be trying their best with the tools at their disposal.Rod is apparently very canny at wheeling and dealing so perhaps we should leave him to do what he is good at.Hibs will be doing everything hush hush,(which is quite an achievement in this day and age)something we have managed to do pretty well for a long time now.
Every transfer window seems to be very similar on this board, very little patience with many posters, and a total lack of understanding to the process involved in signing players within a limited budget.I make no claims to be any expert on the process either but judging by previous windows Id imagine the players will arrive and probably bear little resemblence to what has been mentioned on here.I have every confidence that the managers choices will prove to be wise signings(maybe not his 1st options but most managers work under the same conditions anyway)and will benefit the club.

stokesmessiah
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
You need to cut this **** out! You use the terms, fair weather, glory hunter and lack of real love for the team to often on fellow hibees posting on this board! I don't know what age you are but I doubt very much you have seen 10% of what most these posters, you insult frequently and practice your ill thought out sarcasm on, have seen in their life-time supporting Hibs!

You can continue to be fed a line and accept it from our current custodians, I for one won't and a good quantity of members here and fans will not either! So in essence: Fine to have an opinion but keep your insults and lack of experience to yourself!

You need to go and take a seat in the corner, if you read back through my posts im pretty sure you will see what an idiotic comment that is. If you think me being positive about my team is wrong your insulting the majority of fans on here !!!

:bye:

Allant1981
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM

wait so late? we are not even into mid june yet, get a grip

MrSmith
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
You need to go and take a seat in the corner, if you read back through my posts im pretty sure you will see what an idiotic comment that is. If you think me being positive about my team is wrong your insulting the majority of fans on here !!!

:bye:

Idiotic indeed and no less than I expected!

BEEJ
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
wait so late? we are not even into mid june yet, get a grip
The middle fortnight of the month runs from 8th to 22nd June. :nerd:

So technically we are well into mid-June. We are not yet past the mid-point of the month, though.

So call me a pedant. :greengrin

stokesmessiah
12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Idiotic indeed and no less than I expected!

Im confused how you have slated me for being sarcastic and when i respond come back with a sarcastic response.

Mikey
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry for being negative but...our board working hard??

So what are they doing then?

sahib
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM

I believe we will sign some players. I suspect when that happens, all this gloom will be transformed into unreasonable expectations of what they can do on the pitch, especially in they come from a top EPL reserves or a european team. If they come from a team deemed to be lower in the pecking order than us, then the discontent will continue.
My advice to the club would be to sign any old hasbeen with a name, in order to sell tickets and then look to bring in players, who deserve to make the step up, inorder to really strengthen the team.:greengrin

hibiedude
12-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Hope you right but let’s be honest “it wouldn’t be difficult” to bring in better players :wink:

And there’s nothing wrong with being positive

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
... that tonights going to be a good good night!

MrSmith
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
So what are they doing then?

Ain't that a really relevant question Mikey!?

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Its the same board that sanctioned Stokes, Liam Miller and Riordan. All major signings that surprised and delighted most of us not that long ago.

I doubt we'll go into the new season without some decent signings...im not really that concerned.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
im not really that concerned.

Quite right. You've still got to get to the bottom of the Giggsy and your brothers wife scandal!

ScottB
12-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Sorry for being negative but...our board working hard?? More a case of "money no enough for you son??" Next!!

If you have evidence that our Board sit around doing nothing I'm sure STF would be extremely interested. You should pass it on.

ScottB
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Its the same board that sanctioned Stokes, Liam Miller and Riordan. All major signings that surprised and delighted most of us not that long ago.

I doubt we'll go into the new season without some decent signings...im not really that concerned.

But surely they were huddies being paid £23 a week that nobody else wanted?

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Quite right. You've still got to get to the bottom of the Giggsy and your brothers wife scandal!

My wife's brother, actually :-)

California-Hibs
12-06-2011, 01:46 PM

This. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2011, 01:49 PM
My wife's brother, actually :-)

He really will need to return that SPOTY Award if this is true!

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
He really will need to return that SPOTY Award if this is true!

Tell me about it. Being taken up the gary glitter by my brother in law is nothing to be proud of.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2011, 02:06 PM
When did she tell you that?

iwasthere1972
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM

I agree with you. Petrie and co. are not silly and will be well aware of the all the negativity amongst the Hibs fans. Not only will be have another miserable season if a couple of "good" signings are not made but we'll be playing in front of crowds of well under 10K.

We should also know from past experience that we, unlike our Yam neighbours, do our business quietly and we don't normally get told of any signings until the deal is signed, sealed and delivered.

I am a happy clapper but if there are no signings next week then I won't be.

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 02:32 PM
When did she tell you that?

just after giggsy.

MrSmith
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
If you have evidence that our Board sit around doing nothing I'm sure STF would be extremely interested. You should pass it on.

I was being facetious! However, if it pleases you? I will relent and state quite categorically that I'm sure our board are working tirelessly to ensure signing's of the cheapest variety are made.

hows that, happier?

sunshine1875
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I was being facetious! However, if it pleases you? I will relent and state quite categorically that I'm sure our board are working tirelessly to ensure signing's of the cheapest variety are made.

hows that, happier?

......within the constraints of managing budget. We already spend more than we take in (excluding sales) and that is unlikely to continue much longer!

sunshine1875
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
... that tonights going to be a good good night!

:greengrin

Let’s live it up
I got my money
Let’s spend it up

KeithTheHibby
12-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Dont agree, there are plenty players available why rush into signings, why pay players wages just now when they are not playing.

I don't believe that for one minute, if a decent player becomes available what are Hibs gaining by leaving him to sign a few weeks down the line?

I think the problem is we are trying to get players but not offering a big enough wage.

greenlex
12-06-2011, 10:48 PM

hows that, happier?
I would be seriously worrued if it was any other way.

Hibercelona
13-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I would be seriously worrued if it was any other way.

Why?

I don't think anybody is trying to imply that the club should go for ridiculous talent that they can't afford.

It's that fact that we always go for the cheapest options we can find which is frustrating.

Footballs a big money business now, and if we aren't willing to push the boat to bring in talent suitable for a club at our level, then we're just going to have constant repeats of last season. How many fans here want to watch football at that level again?

Members on here can call me negative or pessimistic, but i'm simply realistic and will say things how I see them. (This part isn't directly aimed at you, just the members that are quick to shout these words when somebody says how they feel).

Iain G
13-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Why?

I don't think anybody is trying to imply that the club should go for ridiculous talent that they can't afford.

It's that fact that we always go for the cheapest options we can find which is frustrating.
Footballs a big money business now, and if we aren't willing to push the boat to bring in talent suitable for a club at our level, then we're just going to have constant repeats of last season. How many fans here want to watch football at that level again?

Members on here can call me negative or pessimistic, but i'm simply realistic and will say things how I see them. (This part isn't directly aimed at you, just the members that are quick to shout these words when somebody says how they feel).

Sorry but that line is just plain wrong. Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Derek Riordan, cheapest options possible?? Do you not think that Victor Palsson was on a good salary at Liverpool? :rolleyes: If we wanted a cheap manager we would have gone for one out of contract, not someone we had to pay a good chunk of compensation for.

You are peddling the ficticious line that a number of people have taken to their hearts as gospel now that we only spend on the cheap, we simply have a budget and we stick to it.

Scottish football is not a big money business for anyone outside of Glasgow, and even then they can't compete with a large number of English clubs these days either! There is no money in Scottish football, it's daffy bleedin ducked!!! Under the current financial state of the UK and especially of Scottish football, anyone getting up to their eyeballs in unmanageable debt would be a lunatic and/or Lithuanian. :agree:

And I don't think you are being realistic IMHO :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
13-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Sorry but that line is just plain wrong. Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Derek Riordan, cheapest options possible?? Do you not think that Victor Palsson was on a good salary at Liverpool? :rolleyes: If we wanted a cheap manager we would have gone for one out of contract, not someone we had to pay a good chunk of compensation for.

You are peddling the ficticious line that a number of people have taken to their hearts as gospel now that we only spend on the cheap, we simply have a budget and we stick to it.

Scottish football is not a big money business for anyone outside of Glasgow, and even then they can't compete with a large number of English clubs these days either! There is no money in Scottish football, it's daffy bleedin ducked!!! Under the current financial state of the UK and especially of Scottish football, anyone getting up to their eyeballs in unmanageable debt would be a lunatic and/or Lithuanian. :agree:

And I don't think you are being realistic IMHO :agree:

What the Kiwi said :agree:

DAVE1875
13-06-2011, 05:57 AM
When the whistle blows to kick off the next season, if we line up one to eleven with players that CC deems good enough, and subbies the same, with an assistant manager that he himself has chosen, then that will tick all the boxes for me. I don't care, if I have heard of them, as long as he has.

You not heard of Alastair Stevenson? The whole assistant manager thing leaves me optimistic, makes me think the club appointed Alastair so they could save wages for some new players... I hope this is the case anyway :rolleyes:

fishybeaver
13-06-2011, 06:00 AM
You not heard of Alastair Stevenson? The whole assistant manager thing leaves me optimistic, makes me think the club appointed Alastair so they could save wages for some new players... I hope this is the case anyway :rolleyes:

You dont think there is just a chance that he was the best man for the job, and it is purely down to saving money that he was appointed?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-06-2011, 08:47 AM
You dont think there is just a chance that he was the best man for the job, and it is purely down to saving money that he was appointed?<br />
<br />
Just the point I was away to make. If CC wants this guy then that is all that matters. Open secret that Adams wasn't his choice. After the way that worked out, it's not a credible suggestion to think that RP would repeat the mistake. Seems like a lot of posters maintain that the board did everything to bring CC to Easter Road, and then all got together to make things as hard as possible for him once he got here.

Iain G
13-06-2011, 08:51 AM
<br />
<br />
Just the point I was away to make. If CC wants this guy then that is all that matters. Open secret that Adams wasn't his choice. After the way that worked out, it's not a credible suggestion to think that RP would repeat the mistake. Seems like a lot of posters maintain that the board did everything to bring CC to Easter Road, and then all got together to make things as hard as possible for him once he got here.

I still think brining someone like Adams in was sensible, CC had stated he had limited knowledge of the game in Scotland and getting in an experienced manager with good knowledge of the game was a good plan.

Now CC has 6 months under his belt in Scotland, perhaps that knowdlge base wasn't as required as it had been and he actually wants different skills and role in his assistants/coaches?

sunshine1875
18-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Well, nearly right. A couple of signings, though not exactly surprises. I think there is more to be announced early next week.

Kaiser1962
18-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Well, nearly right. A couple of signings, though not exactly surprises. I think there is more to be announced early next week.

While O'H's been in the pipe a while it seems and GOC was widely rumoured I have to say I am surprised that they managed to put together a package to sign him.

I am pretty sure, only a guess though, that he could have been better renumerated elsewhere.

Cropley10
18-06-2011, 12:21 PM

/\ This :aok: