PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Mark Reynolds

Frogga
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=11062&st=0

A very dubious rumour that I just stumbled across (I have heard his name being banded around though).

The jist of it is this post by a Wednesday fan:

"There is a huge possibility that Mark Reynolds will be returning north of the border after falling to 5th choice centre back/4th choice left back at Sheffield Wednesday. Reynolds was individually criticised by Owls boss Gary Megson on more than one occasion and in two of his four starts he was hauled off before half time to be substituted. Reynolds has not achieved the standards required of League One (third division) football and is not seen to have any future in English football.

Reynolds was in talks with Hibs and set for a £450k move until Motherwell showed their interest in re-signing the utility defender. To be honest if Hibs want to pay money for this calamitous defender then I think the Owls should snatch their hands off. Most Owls fans would happily drive him back to Scotland just to get rid."

Beefster
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM

A very dubious rumour that I just stumbled across (I have heard his name being banded around though).

"There is a huge possibility that Mark Reynolds will be returning north of the border after falling to 5th choice centre back/4th choice left back at Sheffield Wednesday. Reynolds was individually criticised by Owls boss Gary Megson on more than one occasion and in two of his four starts he was hauled off before half time to be substituted. Reynolds has not achieved the standards required of League One (third division) football and is not seen to have any future in English football.

Reynolds was in talks with Hibs and set for a £450k move until Motherwell showed their interest in re-signing the utility defender. To be honest if Hibs want to pay money for this calamitous defender then I think the Owls should snatch their hands off. Most Owls fans would happily drive him back to Scotland just to get rid."

No way that we're paying £450k for a defender of Reynolds' standard.

Frogga
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
No way that we're paying £450k for a defender of Reynolds' standard.

Yeah, it seems a bit farfetched.

Spike Mandela
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it seems a bit farfetched.

Not exactly a glowing testimony either:rolleyes:

.Sean.
12-06-2011, 01:47 AM
I await the 'failed at League 1, Not Hibs Class' postings from the clueless.

Reynolds would stroll this league, as he did previously.

HibeeMcGinn1
12-06-2011, 02:47 AM

Spot on. Way too many people on here think we are way better than we really are.

franco
12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Spot on. Way too many people on here think we are way better than we really are.

Couldnt agree more :agree:

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 06:40 AM
He's only fallen to '5th choice centre back' (if thats actually true-will check with my owls ST-holding cousins) because Rob Jones arrived there. Jones, in case anyone has forgotten, was also slagged mercilessly by some on here before proving himself well capable down south.

The SPLs not great. Lets not exaggerate how terrible it is either.

moredun
12-06-2011, 10:12 AM
He's only fallen to '5th choice centre back' (if thats actually true-will check with my owls ST-holding cousins) because Rob Jones arrived there. Jones, in case anyone has forgotten, was also slagged mercilessly by some on here before proving himself well capable down south.

Has he?

Every time i have seen him he has looked totally out of his depth, the term heedless chicken was invented for this man.
He was getting pulled out of position all the time, it was laughable to see how clueless the guy is down there, imo the same as he was up here.
But i have not seen a lot of him, just the games i seen, he was utterly crap.

One of these guys who can only header a ball the way he is facing, lucky for us in the final eh:aok:
Never rated the guy, imo he was the big reason we had so much panic in our box, his organisation and marking err skills and communication with the goalie were amatuer at best.
Just my opinion likes

BigKev
12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Reynolds played only one game at CH for the Owls. The majority of the time he played at left back replacing Tommy Spurr who although pretty rank is a Wednesdayite and popular with the support.

He's behind Johnston. Morrison, Jones and potentially Baath but his confidence is shot and may well move on from Hillsborough.

Definitely be a good signing.

weonlywon6-2
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM

jeez,if he was that bad at sheffield weds then maybe we should give him a wide berth.

R'Albin
12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Has he?

Every time i have seen him he has looked totally out of his depth, the term heedless chicken was invented for this man.
He was getting pulled out of position all the time, it was laughable to see how clueless the guy is down there, imo the same as he was up here.
But i have not seen a lot of him, just the games i seen, he was utterly crap.

One of these guys who can only header a ball the way he is facing, lucky for us in the final eh:aok:
Never rated the guy, imo he was the big reason we had so much panic in our box, his organisation and marking err skills and communication with the goalie were amatuer at best.
Just my opinion likes

So your not his greatest fan then?:greengrin

SMAXXA
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM

I have a workmate who's a Scunthorpe ST holder and he was delighted to see the back of Jones, said they thought he was terrible!

frazeHFC
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I heard this elsewhere but the fee was £100k.

Tyler Durden
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
He's virtually identical to Hanlon in terms of development, experience and skills. Personally see no point in having 2 young left sided central defenders, neither of which are particularly physical.

We need someone who can come in and dominate. Reynolds is not the answer.

col02
12-06-2011, 11:50 AM
He's virtually identical to Hanlon in terms of development, experience and skills. Personally see no point in having 2 young left sided central defenders, neither of which are particularly physical.

We need someone who can come in and dominate. Reynolds is not the answer.

I agree with this as Reynolds looked the part when playing with the more experienced Craigan at Motherwell but I would be slightly concerned if Hanlon and Reynolds were paired together and went thru a rough time due to the lack of experience between them. That said if Stack remained fit might be the case he could talk them and the whole defence thru matches.

moredun
12-06-2011, 11:55 AM
So your not his greatest fan then?:greengrin

:agree:

Thats right mate, never rated the guy, thought he was THE problem in our defence, he always blamed someone else for his mistakes, esp Maka.
He would blame Maka when it was clearly his fault, as he knew what our crowd were like with goalies, and that was our captain.
Detest the man.

Ps i know Maka made a good few mistakes of his own, but a lot of mistakes he got the blame for were down to Jones complete lack of co-ordination/positioning/communication

Ray_
12-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Given the dire performances from the last three years, the clueless seem to know more about things than you think:wink:.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2011, 01:34 PM
If the manager has given him such a hard time publilcly then maybe he will find it hard to off load him to another team down south. Maybe a seasons loan would be worth looking at?

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=moredun;2826475]:agree:

Thats right mate, never rated the guy, thought he was THE problem in our defence, he always blamed someone else for his mistakes, esp Maka.
He would blame Maka when it was clearly his fault, as he knew what our crowd were like with goalies, and that was our captain.
Detest the man.

Ps i know Maka made a good few mistakes of his own, but a lot of mistakes he got the blame for were down to Jones complete lack of co-ordination/positioning/communication[/
QUOTE]

I actually agree with you about his blaming other players and im not.sure he was a good captain. He had some bad moments but on the whole he was a good solid player who saved us a few doings by winning everything in the air some weeks. We've certainly had a lot worse

JimBHibees
12-06-2011, 01:38 PM
If the manager has given him such a hard time publilcly then maybe he will find it hard to off load him to another team down south. Maybe a seasons loan would be worth looking at? Sounds like he has struggled but Megson is a bit of a clown IMO.

Reynolds is a decent player but not the most physical and would need someone like that next to him which kind of rules out PH. Would be a decent signing.

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Ugh...i forgot Megson was there.

If that ginger twat doesnt rate a player it probably means hes the next sauzee.

Hibiza
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Any chance of getting a first choice ?

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Don't listen to anything his Mrs says, she's a notorious liar.

hibsbollah
12-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Don't listen to anything his Mrs says, she's a notorious liar.

This is all getting a bit Sodje for me...

hfc rd
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I would take him as he was a good player in this league with well, and would defo walk into this hibs team. But I don't think we are going to be offering a transfer fee to anyone especially £450K.