PDA

View Full Version : Giggsy

heretoday
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Now that Ryan Giggs has regally soiled his reputation who are the candidates for the crown of all round good chap?

No red cards, long career, role model, family man etc.

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Still my all time favourite player.

His Private life should have been kept where its says private.

Nothing todo with anyone else.

BoltonHibee
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Now that Ryan Giggs has regally soiled his reputation who are the candidates for the crown of all round good chap?

Another Manc, Paul Scholes...

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Red cards lets him down:agree:

BoltonHibee
10-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Red cards lets him down:agree:

But he doesn't tamper, that must overshadow his red cards? :)

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Matt Holland

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
But he doesn't tamper, that must overshadow his red cards? :)

Maybe because he has Ginger Hair:wink:

Elephant Stone
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Still my all time favourite player.

His Private life should have been kept where its says private.

Nothing todo with anyone else.

It is when he's winning awards- Sports Personality of the Year 2009- and earning a tonne in sponsorship deals on the back of his nice guy reputation. The guy's clearly a dick and deserves to have been outed.

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
It is when he's winning awards- Sports Personality of the Year 2009- and earning a tonne in sponsorship deals on the back of his nice guy reputation. The guy's clealy a dick and deserves to have been outed.

You might find he won those awards for his contributions to football.

Not because of taking Holy Orders.

Private Life should stay PRIVATE

Elephant Stone
10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
You might find he won those awards for his contributions to football.

Not because of taking Holy Orders.

Private Life should stay PRIVATE

Are you telling me he could have won Sports Personality of the Year after this had become known?

Zemamma10
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
If Jamie Redknapp was to cheat on his mrs all females should retire.

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Are you telling me he could have won Sports Personality of the Year after this had become known?

As it says on the tin Sports Personality.

He was not awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

His contributions are second to none in terms of football.

What he does in his Private Life are nothing to do with anybody bar him & his family.

If Hibs had won half of what he has won, I don't think we would be too concerned.

Appreciate your only 19, there's a lot of life out there:wink:

Come back after you have had temptation

ArabHibee
10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
If Jamie Redknapp was to cheat on his mrs all females should retire.
:faf: :thumbsup:

steakbake
10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
David James is a decent professional, I would say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_James_(footballer)

And if there was an award for pointing at your defence and saying "for f***s sake, lads", he would win it every time.

Elephant Stone
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM

What he does in his Private Life are nothing to do with anybody bar him & his family.

If Hibs had won half of what he has won, I don't think we would be too concerned.

I'd agree with most aspects of private life being kept private but there's a limit. When you've thrived throughout your whole career on a particular perception of you and at the same time you live the life of someone at the complete opposite end of the spectrum people are entitled to know. I completely disagree with you I'm afraid!

Hal Jordan
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Jeezo. So because, FOR WHATEVER PERSONAL REASON, Giggs felt the need to be with someone else other than his wife, his SPORTING reputation is tarnished?
What a load of bølløcks.
I don't hear people lining up to assassinate George Best's footballing achievements. Despite his dubious lifestyle choices.

How would you lot who are quick to judge like it if your professional integrity and ability to do your own job were called into question due to a highly personal matter involving your love life?

The modern obsession with other people's personal problems is truly sickening.

hibeeleicester
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Chris Hogg.

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I'd agree with most aspects of private life being kept private but there's a limit. When you've thrived throughout your whole career on a particular perception of you and at the same time you live the life of someone at the complete opposite end of the spectrum people are entitled to know. I completely disagree with you I'm afraid!

When did Giggs always play the goody goody? He was the pin up boy around Manchester, before he got married. No body slating him then. He got married he crossed the threshold he is human. He probably knows how much he has hurt his family, he does not need a 19yr old calling him a d, when a particular 19yr old does not know what is going to confront him until he is 37.

Living life at the complete end of the spectrum, he has come from probably a harder life than me and you can imagine. He has exceeded with the one talent he has football. Which this site is about football not an cross between an Agony Aunt/The Judge Column in a newspaper

Give him slack Fthr Elephant Stone and appreciate him for his football not personal life.

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Jeezo. So because, FOR WHATEVER PERSONAL REASON, Giggs felt the need to be with someone else other than his wife, his SPORTING reputation is tarnished?
What a load of bølløcks.
I don't hear people lining up to assassinate George Best's footballing achievements. Despite his dubious lifestyle choices.

How would you lot who are quick to judge like it if your professional integrity and ability to do your own job were called into question due to a highly personal matter involving your love life?

:agree:Now lets let Ryan Giggs get on with his life and let us all debate on how the HIBS are going to fair this coming season.

Sir David Gray
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Ryan Giggs used to win this kind of good guy/whiter than white award by a mile but the kind of behaviour he has displayed has been disgusting, particularly the allegations about him cheating with his own brother's wife and the fact that he has young children as well just makes it all the more despicable.

I have lost a lot of respect for Giggs over the past few weeks since all these revelations have come out.

Allant1981
10-06-2011, 09:17 PM
When did Giggs always play the goody goody? He was the pin up boy around Manchester, before he got married. No body slating him then. He got married he crossed the threshold he is human. He probably knows how much he has hurt his family, he does not need a 19yr old calling him a d, when a particular 19yr old does not know what is going to confront him until he is 37.

Living life at the complete end of the spectrum, he has come from probably a harder life than me and you can imagine. He has exceeded with the one talent he has football. Which this site is about football not an cross between an Agony Aunt/The Judge Column in a newspaper

Give him slack Fthr Elephant Stone and appreciate him for his football not personal life.

Why keep going on about the guy only being 19, what has age got to do with anything, giggs is only 7 years older than me and i think he has acted like a prat and im glad that his private life is out in the open, if he wanted to go about sleeping with folk then get divorced

darwenhibby
10-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Ryan Giggs used to win this kind of good guy/whiter than white award by a mile but the kind of behaviour he has displayed has been disgusting, particularly the allegations about him cheating with his own brother's wife and the fact that he has young children as well just makes it all the more despicable.

I have lost a lot of respect for Giggs over the past few weeks since all these revelations have come out.

lost respect 12 titles respect that for his football not his private life

Sir David Gray
10-06-2011, 09:48 PM
lost respect 12 titles respect that for his football not his private life

Being of a Manchester Utd persuasion, I do respect what Ryan Giggs has achieved in the game, he is one of the best players to have played in the Premiership.

However I have lost all the respect I once had for Ryan Giggs as a man. I used to think that he was one of the good guys, a great family man and someone who kept himself to himself.

I just find all the revelations about what he has been getting up to absolutely despicable.

sambajustice
10-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Boy is a pervert!

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Being of a Manchester Utd persuasion, I do respect what Ryan Giggs has achieved in the game, he is one of the best players to have played in the Premiership.

However I have lost all the respect I once had for Ryan Giggs as a man. I used to think that he was one of the good guys, a great family man and someone who kept himself to himself.

I just find all the revelations about what he has been getting up to absolutely despicable.

Judge not, that ye be judged.

stoneyburn hibs
10-06-2011, 11:07 PM
giggs is praised in the public eye, and he shouldnt complain when he gets ripped in the public eye, in this day and age it comes with the territory

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:28 PM
He has to be a once-in-a-lifetime player for the fans that love the game. by far one of the (still best) left peggers in the game

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Is that the same Paul Scholes that scored a hatrick against Scotland....no he did a Maradonna with the last one...thats right....He's a kanckle kicking pint puller, he still has his balls as his ball retention is good

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Chris Hogg.
Aye, but Giigs scored many a fine goal, made timely tackles and made sure his team won no matter what....

Elephant Stone
11-06-2011, 06:57 AM

So I'm not allowed to call a sleazeball a sleazeball until I've got to the same age without becoming one? Pretty rubbish argument really.

soupy
11-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Mon the giggsy.......

TrinityHibs
11-06-2011, 07:30 AM
The only difference with Giggs now and the rest of his career is that he is now married. Chat is he only won sports personality off the back personal female suppport. The only people who are really affected are his family everyone else is adopting the Sun/NOTW readers approach to celebrity gossip. Interestingly his wife is keeping a very low profile. Maybe she is okay with it all. Whats it got to do with his undoubted ability or us for that matter.

Now Alan McGregor thats something different. Mind you the fragrant Leah seems to be hanging in there

hibsbollah
11-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Whats he done?

Hal Jordan
11-06-2011, 08:20 AM
So I'm not allowed to call a sleazeball a sleazeball until I've got to the same age without becoming one? Pretty rubbish argument really.

No, but what I think he is suggesting is that with age comes life experience, and a tempering of opinions. When you are a bit older you appreciate that not everybody is perfect, and that nobody deserves to be publicly pilloried for their private affairs, especially if they have ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE TO THE PUBLIC. You do not know the man at all, so you're in no position to say if he is a 'sleazeball' or not. Especially on a public forum.
How would you like it if, for example, your dad was being dragged over the coals in the media for an extra-marital affair, and all your mates started posting about what a tosser he was all over the internet, without knowing ANY of the details about his personal life but only some crap they'd read in the tabloids?
I doubt you'd be thrilled.

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2011, 09:02 AM

I think the point is that you don't KNOW he's a sleazeball. You, and we, know very little about his private life. There can be many reasons why someone in a relationship might have sex with someone else. His wife might have been awful to live with, she might have been knocking him about, or screwing about herself. They might have had an "arrangement", recognising the fact that RG would be prey to many temptations. Alternately, of course, RG may be a cheating, lying cretin who deserves to lose his family.

All of that is unknown to us, and none of us... whatever age we are... can make a judgement about the man without that knowledge. And that knowledge should remain the property of those involved.

Elephant Stone
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
No, but what I think he is suggesting is that with age comes life experience, and a tempering of opinions. When you are a bit older you appreciate that not everybody is perfect, and that nobody deserves to be publicly pilloried for their private affairs, especially if they have ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE TO THE PUBLIC. You do not know the man at all, so you're in no position to say if he is a 'sleazeball' or not. Especially on a public forum.
How would you like it if, for example, your dad was being dragged over the coals in the media for an extra-marital affair, and all your mates started posting about what a tosser he was all over the internet, without knowing ANY of the details about his personal life but only some crap they'd read in the tabloids?
I doubt you'd be thrilled.

I already appreciate that not everybody is perfect, I don't need to wait until I'm 30-odd to learn that. There's also a difference between not being perfect and being an all out snake.

Absolutely no relevance to the public? When you're the face of a brand's sporting campaign, the holder of a previous year's prestigious personality award and representative of a national team and one of the world's most famous clubs, your conduct very much is of relevance to the public.

You're right, I don't know Ryan Giggs, but it is undisputed that he has been cheating on his wife, not just with anybody but with his brother's wife. I don't need to know Ryan Giggs to be sure enough that the guy is a snake if this is what he's done.

How would I like it? Obviously I wouldn't like it happening to me or my family but if whether or not news upsets people is to be the criteria for what acceptable journalism is then we wouldn't learn much. What would be the point in having a free press is they were barred from exposing misconduct if it would upset those in the vicinity?

If you had it your way Ryan Giggs would still be being credited as the honest pro and all round good lad when in fact he is clearly not. I'm glad that he's been found out and people can now make their minds up on Ryan Giggs on a more informed basis.

hibsbollah
11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
I know he ****ged a big brother contestant...what else has he done?

HibbyAndy
11-06-2011, 09:18 AM
I know he ****ged a big brother contestant...what else has he done?

How about ****ging your brothers wife for the past 8 years?

****ball.

YehButNoBut
11-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I feel a bit sorry for him as he is seeking professional help for sex addiction, it's an illness you know. :thumbsup:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3631635/Ryan-Giggs-to-get-sex-therapy.html

Hal Jordan
11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
See, this is the problem. It's simply not 'news'.
The millions of pounds stolen and wasted every day by cretinous business leaders and politicians, the plight of people subjected to unfair laws and political systems, the state of the environment; this is newsworthy.
Who is shågging who is not, and shouldn't be.
People who have grown up in this 'celebrity'-obsessed culture of the last twenty years don't even realise that they are part of it, that is where age is relevant, I think. It has become perfectly acceptable to want to know about people's private lives, thanks to Ch4, 5 and Sky TV, tabloid journalism, Facebook et al. - whereas 'us oldies' weren't exposed to the same level of trespass into other people's personal affairs, and quite frankly that is the way it should be. It is one thing I don't miss about the UK.

Albion Hibs
11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Cant believe the amount of people that are having a go at a footballer for something which has nothing to do with football. There must be a lot more females on here than I thought, as that reaction was exactly what she gave.

Giggs is a footballer and whilst some people may chose to take him as a role model that is there choice he did not ask any of them to do it. He is a very good footballer, that is it for me, what he does in his private life I do not care.

heretoday
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
It's all about perception at the end of the day. None of us know what these guys are like really.

For what it's worth I'd say candidates for the "good egg" job are Phil Jagielka of Everton and Michael Dawson of Spurs - both swashbuckling types who've coped with injuries and career setbacks.

Trouble is they both have red card records but hey who hasn't in this age of second yellows?

Ollie Reed
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Dunno if it's relevant to today, but a few years ago, I'd have said Henrik Larsson.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2011, 04:14 PM
How about ****ging your brothers wife for the past 8 years?

Hes been ****ging hibsbollahs brothers wife?

They never mentioned that in the NOTW!

;-)

ArabHibee
11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I think the point is that you don't KNOW he's a sleazeball. You, and we, know very little about his private life. There can be many reasons why someone in a relationship might have sex with someone else. His wife might have been awful to live with, she might have been knocking him about, or screwing about herself. They might have had an "arrangement", recognising the fact that RG would be prey to many temptations. Alternately, of course, RG may be a cheating, lying cretin who deserves to lose his family.

All of that is unknown to us, and none of us... whatever age we are... can make a judgement about the man without that knowledge. And that knowledge should remain the property of those involved.
Good post.

HibbyAndy
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Hes been ****ging hisbollahs brothers wife?

They never mentioned that in the NOTW!

;-)

:hilarious

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Hes been ****ging hisbollahs brothers wife?

I heard hibsbollah's wife's brother. Wait till Falkirk finds out. :shocked:

CK_HFC
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

ArabHibee
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

He's been ****ging them too?
No wonder there was a super injunction in place, this just gets worse and worse

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Their ball control has to be seen to be believed.

CK_HFC
11-06-2011, 05:48 PM
:greengrin

hibsbollah
11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I heard hibsbollah's wife's brother. Wait till Falkirk finds out. :shocked:

My wife's brother used to attend AA meetings with Roy Keane. I dunno if he used to 'get jiggy wit' it' with Giggsy though... with these filthy buggers i wouldnt be surprised.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Roy Race!

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Roy Race!

Roy Race was a leather queen.

weonlywon6-2
11-06-2011, 08:26 PM
giggs is praised in the public eye, and he shouldnt complain when he gets ripped in the public eye, in this day and age it comes with the territory

in a nutshell:aok:

sesoim
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Totally disagree, he wouldn't have won a sports personality award if this was known. He didn't deserve the award for the year he had footballing wise - he only played about half a season and plenty of players were better that year. For some reason loads of people in the media want to bum-lick him and I hope they feel a bit stupid now.

No wonder he looked a bit uncomfortable when he picked the award up.

hibsbollah
11-06-2011, 09:34 PM
No wonder he looked a bit uncomfortable when he picked the award up.

That would be on account of a nasty dose of the clap.

sesoim
11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
See, this is the problem. It's simply not 'news'.
The millions of pounds stolen and wasted every day by cretinous business leaders and politicians, the plight of people subjected to unfair laws and political systems, the state of the environment; this is newsworthy.
Who is shågging who is not, and shouldn't be.
People who have grown up in this 'celebrity'-obsessed culture of the last twenty years don't even realise that they are part of it, that is where age is relevant, I think. It has become perfectly acceptable to want to know about people's private lives, thanks to Ch4, 5 and Sky TV, tabloid journalism, Facebook et al. - whereas 'us oldies' weren't exposed to the same level of trespass into other people's personal affairs, and quite frankly that is the way it should be. It is one thing I don't miss about the UK.

On one level I hate the celeb stuff, there is way too much about who's doing what. But unless it's a set up (eg newspapers sending tarts out to tempt footballers into having sex with them) I don't see how anyone can complain about being exposed for their wrongdoings.

Maybe all the sleazy stories will eventually teach people, even footballers, to be better, more moral people. Then again, maybe not!

sesoim
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
What a load of bølløcks.

Best never got commentators holding him up as this great example to youngsters. He would never have won the sports personality of the year award either. It's not Gigg's fault if people want to bum-lick him - I blame the media for endlessly bumming the guy up to be something he isn't, either footballing or personality wise.

I wonder, though, how many people siding with Giggs are doing so because they get up to the same kind of things themselves?:wink:

WeAreHibs
12-06-2011, 07:08 AM

I'm in the exact same boat as you :top marks

hibiedude
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I didn't see many on here supporting John Terry and his antics cheating with a team mates missus, but noboby bats an eye lid when Ryan Giggs does the dirty on his BROTHER. :confused:

I just wish some on this topic would show the same passion for Hibs as they do for this hound dog.

In my opinion he's worse than John Terry and that's takes some doing.

As a footballer Ryan is one of ther best but that dosent excuse what he's done.

And for the record i'm older than 19 :wink:

Sproule Three
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM
No doubt about Giggsy and his standing as a player and as football fans thats what most of are interested in general.Up to him what he does but if he has been playing around like he has whilst taking the credit and probable sponsorship deals for being a man of integrity and high morals then he deserves the **** he is getting.The super injunction action was farcical and made him look a fool . George Best never pretended he was anything else.
Down here in Aus Shane Warne who many cricket experts talk about as being the greatest cricketer ever was treated as a hero for his sporting ability only. He makes Giggsy seem like a choirboy. However Warney never hid behind the honest family guy facade. He knew he would be exposed by the press and was.. frequently . His lifestyle cost him the Australian captaincy but he is still very well respected (Amongst the male population anyway)
I am well over 37 so can I be allowed to pass an opinion :wink:

hibiedude
12-06-2011, 12:11 PM
No doubt about Giggsy and his standing as a player and as football fans thats what most of are interested in general.Up to him what he does but if he has been playing around like he has whilst taking the credit and probable sponsorship deals for being a man of integrity and high morals then he deserves the **** he is getting.The super injunction action was farcical and made him look a fool . George Best never pretended he was anything else.
Down here in Aus Shane Warne who many cricket experts talk about as being the greatest cricketer ever was treated as a hero for his sporting ability only. He makes Giggsy seem like a choirboy. However Warney never hid behind the honest family guy facade. He knew he would be exposed by the press and was.. frequently . His lifestyle cost him the Australian captaincy but he is still very well respected (Amongst the male population anyway)
I am well over 37 so can I be allowed to pass an opinion :wink:

Great Reply

Ryan Giggs was seen as Roll model to millions of kids around the world but these headlines regarding the affair with his brother's wife lasting "8 years" and going by the papers today, he got her pregnant then paid for a termination and now he's giving his brother advice regarding his marriage is farcical.