PDA

View Full Version : Whittaker.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Huns have turned down a bid of £600k for him from a turkish side. I thought he'd done very well for them, and wouldnt have thought they'd have lost money on him?

He's a regular hun and Scotland international now, why the low bid?

Dan Sarf
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe "Scotland International" is a clue?

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Huns have turned down a bid of £600k for him from a turkish side. I thought he'd done very well for them, and wouldnt have thought they'd have lost money on him?

Probably being cheeky. They got miller for £400k. They already had a £300k bid for whittaker turned down. He only has 1 year left on his contract

iwasthere1972
10-06-2011, 01:20 PM

That's their second bid. I think the first bid was only £300K.

.Sean.
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Whittaker is a fantastic player.

Shame he's a baldy, Hertz-supporting Hun removed

iwasthere1972
10-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Players move on and so should fans.

Might be wrong but can't remember Whittaker bad mouthing us unless you include him saying Rangers are a step up. Part of the 2007 CIS Cup winning team and we got £2 million for him. If only we had more "Whittaker's" coming through the ranks.

Good luck to him.

Spike Mandela
10-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Always liked Whittaker. Never fully replaced him at right back.

Spike Mandela
10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Might be wrong but can't remember Whittaker bad mouthing us unless you include him saying Rangers are a step up. Part of the 2007 CIS Cup winning team and we got £2 million for him. If only we had more "Whittaker's" coming through the ranks.

Good luck to him.

Man of the match in the 2007 Final IMO.

The Sea-gull
10-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Arguably has done the best out of that lot (in terms of medals perhaps the best) and progressed/improved the most out of all of them.

Always rated him even when the "he can't defend brigade" were on his back. Lets not forget that he did get a fair bit of criticism from some sections of the support when he was here.

Easily our best right back of the last 25 years. Decent midfielder too.

Reason for low offer - out of contract in a year's time maybe?

He should go and try his luck down in England. He might flop but he should at least try it while his stock is high.

Mowbray would maybe take him to Boro or a team like Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Newcastle/Wolves etc would be good for him.

Future17
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I think the low bid is reflective of Whittaker's contract situation and Rangers' financial situation.

We might have received criticism from some people, including our own fans, about being a selling club, but there is no doubt that we got some good money for our young players which we simply wouldn't get now.

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Heard from the horses mouth that he had signed for Durham Town but was already thinking of leaving, but wasn't too happy about it.

smurf
10-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Length of contract...

basehibby
10-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Arguably has done the best out of that lot (in terms of medals perhaps the best) and progressed/improved the most out of all of them.

Always rated him even when the "he can't defend brigade" were on his back. Lets not forget that he did get a fair bit of criticism from some sections of the support when he was here.

Easily our best right back of the last 25 years. Decent midfielder too.

Reason for low offer - out of contract in a year's time maybe?

He should go and try his luck down in England. He might flop but he should at least try it while his stock is high.

Mowbray would maybe take him to Boro or a team like Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Newcastle/Wolves etc would be good for him.

Is there a Hibs player who has escaped the withering fire of the Hibees Boo Boys??

He was an excellent player for us and worth every penny of the £2M the huns stumped up. He would do fine in the EPL IMO - no danger of flopping.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Heard from the horses mouth that he had signed for Durham Town but was already thinking of leaving, but wasn't too happy about it.

:faf::faf::top marks

DH1875
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Is it the same team Miller plays for? Think they trying to get him to help Miller settle? Either way £600k is a bit of a joke. He's worth a lot more than that.

Wilson
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
The low bid will be because his contract doesn't have long to run. Take a reduced bid now or risk losing him for nothing.

We hear that a lot about our own players on here so I'm surprised so many hibbys are struggling with the concept! :wink:

They might also have offered less because he is pish.

Onceinawhile
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Fairly sure if you watch the sunshine on leith video from the cup final, that he had hibs in his heart.

Good player, who never publicly asked for a move. also has a good birthday.

Albion Hibs
10-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Good luck to him.

Well said, some on here dont seem to be able to get over things. Not many players have won anything for us, for that reason/day alone I will always wish him the best.

The bid is probably a reflection of his contract duration.

HibbyRod
10-06-2011, 07:15 PM

:faf::faf: :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Never had a bad word to say about us ill give you that.

But he is a Hun, And i HATE Huns..So draw yer ain conclusion :aok:

hibee92
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Probably being cheeky. They got miller for £400k. They already had a £300k bid for whittaker turned down. He only has 1 year left on his contract

well that's surely the reason for the low bid then. although if this new guy at ibrox has the money he's promised i won't be surprised if they hold out for more :agree:

side note - ****** the huns :greengrin

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM

As i read on Football Rumours on the hun page, (no no, i was there in the East when souness got red carded on his debut...s****** s******) they aparently rate him like marmite...they either love him or hate him.

He has to be, for me anyways up there witjh Fletch and K miller as one who has shown ther potential, and maybe has more to show. (sorry Broony)

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:45 PM
well that's surely the reason for the low bid then. although if this new guy at ibrox has the money he's promised i won't be surprised if they hold out for more

side note - ****** the huns :greengrin

:agree: see previous post

SmokieJoe
10-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Never had a bad word to say about us ill give you that.

But he is a Hun, And i HATE Huns..So draw yer ain conclusion :aok:

:boo hoo:

I also posted on their Rumours page I'd love to see him back at ER one day