PDA

View Full Version : American History X

Wheat Hound
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Watching this on itv4. Haven't seen it in years. Great film and powerful stuff from Ed Norton.

As for the 'bite the kerb' scene, I've never cringed/recoiled in horror as much whilst watching a film.

Gatecrasher
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Good film I have to be in the right mood to watch it, I'm not in that mood tonight so family guy it is for me :greengrin

--------
09-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Watching this on itv4. Haven't seen it in years. Great film and powerful stuff from Ed Norton.

As for the 'bite the kerb' scene, I've never cringed/recoiled in horror as much whilst watching a film.

Very fine film indeed. :agree:

Marabou Stork
09-06-2011, 11:06 PM
It's a very good film.

As for the most unsettling violence I've ever seen in a film, the 'bite the kerb' scene isn't a pleasant watch, but for me it's a toss up between the nose smashing bit in 'Pan's Labyrinth', and the bit where he uses a claw hammer in an original fashion in 'Oldboy;

--------
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
It's a very good film.

As for the most unsettling violence I've ever seen in a film, the 'bite the kerb' scene isn't a pleasant watch, but for me it's a toss up between the nose smashing bit in 'Pan's Labyrinth', and the bit where he uses a claw hammer in an original fashion in 'Oldboy;

I've just been treated to a viewing of "The Good, The Bad, The Weird".

Coupla guys come to a VERY bad end (so to speak) in that one. :shocked:

These Koreans are crazy. :rolleyes:

Beefster
10-06-2011, 05:50 AM
One of my favourite films and right in the middle of Ed Norton's spell when he was being touted as one of the greatest actors of his generation. Unfortunately, his career didn't keep up.

degenerated
10-06-2011, 05:35 PM
One of my favourite films and right in the middle of Ed Norton's spell when he was being touted as one of the greatest actors of his generation. Unfortunately, his career didn't keep up.

it really is a superb film. i can only think of two edward norton films since then that i thought were any good - fight club & pride and glory.

frazeHFC
10-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Never seen it but heard good things. Is it based on a true story?

MyJo
10-06-2011, 08:35 PM
magnificent film :agree: one of my favourites

P&D Windows
12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
It's a very good film.

Fire extinguisher scene in 'Irreversible'.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2011, 07:58 PM

The rape scene in that film was horrible too.

Marabou Stork
13-06-2011, 11:01 AM

True. That entire film is pretty grim viewing. It's definitely not recommended viewing for a first date as I found out to my cost.

The Romanian film ' 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days' is another bleak one. The abortion scene in that film is one of the most powerful bits of cinema I've ever seen.

.Sean.
13-06-2011, 11:32 AM
The rape scene in that film was horrible too.There's also a brutal rape scene in 'The Last House on the Left.' It's grim viewing.

magpie1892
13-06-2011, 12:04 PM
True. That entire film is pretty grim viewing. It's definitely not recommended viewing for a first date as I found out to my cost.

The Romanian film ' 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days' is another bleak one. The abortion scene in that film is one of the most powerful bits of cinema I've ever seen.

I took a lassie to see 'The Accused' back in the day.

Big mistake.

P&D Windows
13-06-2011, 09:38 PM
The rape scene in that film was horrible too.

Totally agree - I had to turn away during that part.

Superb!!

calumhibee1
16-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Has anyone ever seen A Serbian Film? Supposed to be the most horrific movie ever.. I've never had the urge to watch it after being told what it's about. :agree:

Wembley67
16-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Has anyone ever seen A Serbian Film? Supposed to be the most horrific movie ever.. I've never had the urge to watch it after being told what it's about. :agree:

WTF?? I've just googled that.

How can that be classed a movie? Arthouse or not. Quite simply the most disgusting scenes I've ever read about, not a hope in hell I could watch that.

Should be pulled and destroyed, director should be sectioned as well.

Rivers Cuomo
22-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Ed Norton is my favourite actor.

HibsMax
22-06-2011, 08:45 PM
WTF?? I've just googled that.

How can that be classed a movie? Arthouse or not. Quite simply the most disgusting scenes I've ever read about, not a hope in hell I could watch that.

Should be pulled and destroyed, director should be sectioned as well.

You probably want to steer clear of August Underground as well. I've never seen that "movie" but it sounds pretty gross.