PDA

View Full Version : Stanton on 1972 League Cup triumph

iwasthere1972
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjDzbmGmow

I realise that it's on Hibernian TV but not everybody subscribes to it.

Oh and Iwasthere. :aok:

Jonnyboy
09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjDzbmGmow

I realise that it's on Hibernian TV but not everybody subscribes to it.

Oh and Iwasthere. :aok:

Brilliant stuff. Pat brings these guys back to the memory and speaks highly of them all :thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Those names just trip of his tongue and bring the memories flooding back.

An honest and down to earth appreciation of his team mate's skills.

He would have described his own contribution as "average" in that team, but thats just the type of man he is. Modest eet MAJESTIC!!

He describes that Cup Final as a "GREAT" game and so it was. It was HIS game that day, he directed everything from our midfield and made the memories that i will always remember.

By the way, I WAS THERE too.!!!!! :na na:

Sherlock Jones
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
He describes that Cup Final as a "GREAT" game and so it was. It was HIS game that day, he directed everything from our midfield and made the memories that i will always remember.

It's the Pat Stanton Final as far as I'm concerned :agree:

Yes, I was there too :thumbsup:

BEEJ
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM

So was I. :flag:

About the third or fourth Hibs match I attended. Nae wonder I've often had unrealistic expectations since. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
09-06-2011, 10:24 PM
So was I. :flag:

About the third or fourth Hibs match I attended. Nae wonder I've often had unrealistic expectations since. :greengrin

You picked a good one Beej :greengrin

Arguably Pat's best ever game in a Hibs jersey and I for one would take that as true :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2011, 05:18 AM
:boo hoo: yet another win that I missed. I was on my first ship. The RMS Windsor Castle, working as a commis waiter in the tourist class saloon (there is nothing lower!!!!). All the platemen were weedgie celtc supporters. Obviously as a newly turned 16 year old they got a bit of a mouthful. Resulted in being tied in a laundry bag with just my head sticking out, being put through the dishwasher and then put in the revolving doors and thrown into the saloon in that state. ******** :greengrin

Niffy
10-06-2011, 06:07 AM
I was a 6 year old lad , standing on the flat roof of the pub at 302 Leith Walk when the open top bus came passed and got my own trophy view from Pat.

confused
10-06-2011, 05:37 PM
62 years of age and when i watch that the tears unashamadley ran down my cheeks, a legend , my all time hero .

Kaiser1962
11-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Great day. Was a primary school kid and thought it would always be like this. 24 players (only one sub in those days) and both managers were Scots that day.
This year out of 17 players each side listed Celtic had three Scots and Rangers 7.

Times have changed but which of this years finalists would have even gotten a game in either of the 1972 sides. Not many I would wager.

Won the sweep with John Brownlie at the semi as well and didnt see a penny of the £25 winnings! I'm not bitter though. :grr: