PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bryson knock's back the yam's

H18sry
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13538511.stm

dangermouse
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
"My ultimate ambition is to play in the English Premier League and I believe I can achieve that with Derby County."

Why not aim higher than that?

Hibbyradge
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Eat's shoot's and leave's. :wink:

truehibernian
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Kilmarnock fans will be back to wondering what the hell is going on at their club. Wright, Hamill, Sammon, Eremenko, Bryson and soon Taouil.......all decent players and in total they have received under £1 million for the lot as most were out of contract. Even Mixu's compensation payment wasn't that great

For me it's situations like this at other clubs that 1) makes me thankful we have good infrastructure and financial footings and 2) we maximised our financial potential with the players we had. We got more from the Stokes sale than they got for losing most of their influential players. United are in a similar position with losing Gomis, Bauben and Conway with Houston admitting his budget is blown on Flood and Rankin :bitchy:

There has been a hell of a lot of negativity on the boards these days but for me Killie, Well and United are showing me that we have a hell of a lot to be proud of at our little old Hibernian Football Club and the way we go about our business on and off the field. We have never ever had a problem attracting good players to the club and I know that we will certainly not struggle this next week or so to do likewise. But this last 2 weeks our resident killie fan vannishtelrooy must be near the samaritans stage at the way his team are falling apart. They are sadly my bankers for the drop next season.

sesoim
09-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Kilmarnock fans will be back to wondering what the hell is going on at their club. Wright, Hamill, Sammon, Eremenko, Bryson and soon Taouil.......all decent players and in total they have received under £1 million for the lot as most were out of contract. Even Mixu's compensation payment wasn't that great

For me it's situations like this at other clubs that 1) makes me thankful we have good infrastructure and financial footings and 2) we maximised our financial potential with the players we had. We got more from the Stokes sale than they got for losing most of their influential players. United are in a similar position with losing Gomis, Bauben and Conway with Houston admitting his budget is blown on Flood and Rankin :bitchy:

There has been a hell of a lot of negativity on the boards these days but for me Killie, Well and United are showing me that we have a hell of a lot to be proud of at our little old Hibernian Football Club and the way we go about our business on and off the field. We have never ever had a problem attracting good players to the club and I know that we will certainly not struggle this next week or so to do likewise. But this last 2 weeks our resident killie fan vannishtelrooy must be near the samaritans stage at the way his team are falling apart. They are sadly my bankers for the drop next season.

I agree we WERE right to cash in when we did. The problem has always been who we replaced them with. What's happened at Killie unfortunately happens to just about every smaller team when they have a good season - their best players all end up leaving one way or another.

One of the most annoying things as far as Hibs is concerned is it is impossible to find players who are our "level". If any of them have a good season, they want to leave. Unfortunately the rest usually aren't good enough and end up getting released. No wonder there's never any stability or steady progress.

Kaiser1962
09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree we WERE right to cash in when we did. The problem has always been who we replaced them with. What's happened at Killie unfortunately happens to just about every smaller team when they have a good season - their best players all end up leaving one way or another.

One of the most annoying things as far as Hibs is concerned is it is impossible to find players who are our "level". If any of them have a good season, they want to leave. Unfortunately the rest usually aren't good enough and end up getting released. No wonder there's never any stability or steady progress.

I agree with all of this but would offer the reason they were not adequately replaced was that the sort of class they were at we couldnt/cant afford. We get someone of lesser ability and polish them up a bit, and if they have a good season they want to leave. I feel for Killie fans but at least we can be truly empathetic.

Its not just the "smaller" teams though, lets see if Celtic hold on to Keyal.

lyonhibs
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm confused - where does it say that he knocked back a contract from the Yams?? :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm confused - where does it say that he knocked back a contract from the Yams?? :confused:

He has had talks with yams, but obviously decided they were sheite, so has now knocked them back.....

EK_Hibs
10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
He has had talks with yams, but obviously decided they were sheite, so has now knocked them back.....

No chance could the yams have met Killies £450k asking price. They never met KFC's asking price once when they were in for Bryson last season, so never held talks with him (not officially anyway).

allezsauzee
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
No chance could the yams have met Killies £450k asking price. They never met KFC's asking price once when they were in for Bryson last season, so never held talks with him (not officially anyway).

The yams couldnt meet KFC's asking price for their £1.99 snack box...well not unless they went to Wonga.com for a loan.