PDA

View Full Version : (SHC) football related injuries (not while playing)

hibee92
09-06-2011, 02:53 PM
When Deeko scored the penalty against Hearts in 2009 I was in the house listening to the game on my own and jumped up, tripped over my laptop cable and landed on my marble fireplace right on my knee, had me in agony for weeks and still acts up to this day.

Worth it. :greengrin

Had a couple unintentional hits to the face while celebrating, most notably a burst nose in a pub when James McFadden scored in France.

any others?

:flag:

MSK
09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
When Deeko scored the penalty against Hearts in 2009 I was in the house listening to the game on my own and jumped up, tripped over my laptop cable and landed on my marble fireplace right on my knee, had me in agony for weeks and still acts up to this day.

Worth it. :greengrin

Had a couple unintentional hits to the face while celebrating, most notably a burst nose in a pub when James McFadden scored in France.

any others?

:flag:Near heart attack whilst trying to reach my seat near the top of the East stand !!!!! ..what a bloody hike !! :greengrin

H18sry
09-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Cup tie v Celtc in the old enclosure Hibs scored guy along from us jumped up to celebrate and fell over and broke his ankle [IIRC] :greengrin

sleeping giant
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Ive poked myself in the eye with my thumb while gesturing to the dirty jambos to gtf:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Cup tie v Celtc in the old enclosure Hibs scored guy along from us jumped up to celebrate and fell over and broke his ankle [IIRC] :greengrin

Mate i used to work with did something v similar up at Aberdeen! He posts on here, so, I'm sure will provide full details!

sundo1875
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
when stokes scored after 12 seconds v rangers i jumped up and scrapped a lot of skin of my leg as i scrapped my leg across the seat :taxi:taxi

MSK
09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
At the cup final v Killie a mate jumped up on a seat as we scored, with the seat being wet it flipped up & his legs went through the gap..he got jammed & was in a bit of pain ....funny as **** ..!!!! :tee hee:

easty
09-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I remember hurting my foot when I blootered the couch in anger at Gary McAllister missing that pen vs England at Euro 96.

Brooster
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I remember hurting my foot when I blootered the couch in anger at Gary McAllister missing that pen vs England at Euro 96.

I also got injuries when he missed that penalty, I was in the England end!!

hibee92
09-06-2011, 03:58 PM
At the cup final v Killie a mate jumped up on a seat as we scored, with the seat being wet it flipped up & his legs went through the gap..he got jammed & was in a bit of pain ....funny as **** ..!!!! :tee hee:

Just reminded me of a hilarious (relevant) incident that occured before that game, I'm sure some of you would have been there, at the buddha bar singing all the songs and hurling the "friendly" :greengrin abuse at passing killie fans when one turned round and gave us a few hand gestures and sang a wee ditty before turning and getting a face full of lamp post :faf:

cue all the hibbys there giving a massive cheer and warning every killie fan after to watch the lampposts on their way to the ground :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Didn't injure myself but knocked my glasses off my face while celebrating a goal. They landed on one of the seats behind me which happened to be vacant. Thankfully they were not damaged.

The Harp
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Didn't injure myself but knocked my glasses off my face while celebrating a goal. They landed on one of the seats behind me which happened to be vacant. Thankfully they were not damaged.

Had a few bumps and sprains when over-celebrating Hibs goals scored but nothing drastic.
Can also remember years ago in the old north stand waving my arms around when a ref’s decision went against the Hibs. My elbow connected wi' the face of the guy next to me and knocked his glasses onto the deck, breaking one of the legs. I was wearing a tie wi’ ‘Hibs for the Cup’ printed on it (as you do :rolleyes:) and had used a bit of double sided tape to stop the wee end of the tie from sticking out. I promptly removed the tape and did a quick emergency repair job on his glasses. Cue the guy asking the question “Do you always bring tape wi’ you to repair the damage you cause?!?” :hide:

Dunbar Hibee
09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Was so pished at the midweek game v the Huns this season I fell down 2 rows of seats in the East. Sare!

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Behind the goal in the old cow shed early 70s, i was sitting down when the game kicked off Clyde i think. Hibs scored in the first attack, maybe 30-40 seconds. I jumped up and knocked myself out, i was under one of the crush barriers.:faf:

Woke up in an ambulance just as they were about to take me to hospital, i quickly jumped out the ambulance and managed to get back into the ground. No idea how the game finished?:confused:

lyonhibs
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Strained my back going mental when McFadden scored against France. Nearly had a heart attack - no jokes - when Kerr scored at Tynie, and the best one, I lept up and landed on a piece of lego when Burley scored against Norway!:boo hoo:

Sodje_18
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
My mate jumped on the pitch when Garry O'Connor scored in the last minute against the yams (There was a pitch invasion IIRC) and he slipped on his arse and ended up with a bruised tail bone :tee hee:
I also remember watching hibs at almondvale when a guy stood up on the chair next to me he slipped and the chair flipped up and hit him in between the legs, need less to say he didny bother trying to stand up on the chair again.
At the first game of the new stand I was sitting down and jumped up when McGregor got shot by a sniper :wink: and I forgot the chairs fold back, sat back down and fell right on my erse :greengrin