PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky EEN journalism?

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/breaking-edinburgh-news/Football-fan-fined-for-throwing.6781607.jp

This atricle seems to imply the offender is a Hibs fan by saying he was waiting for a Hibs game on a pub on Easter Road on a matchday. Not no mention of the fact the opposition was Hearts that day and that it's HEARTS that have problems with smoke bombs. Also the guy lives in Dalry which is deep in Hearts land and has a much higher concentration of Yamfuds than us.
Looks a bit tainted that article no? He's even called William, which they seem to have a liking to!
Why not mention who he supports or that it just so happened to be Derby day or the pub name where we'd know whose fans he belonged to.

TRC
08-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Definitely a yam!!

sixtwo
08-06-2011, 08:02 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/breaking-edinburgh-news/Football-fan-fined-for-throwing.6781607.jp

This atricle seems to imply the offender is a Hibs fan by saying he was waiting for a Hibs game on a pub on Easter Road on a matchday. Not no mention of the fact the opposition was Hearts that day and that it's HEARTS that have problems with smoke bombs. Also the guy lives in Dalry which is deep in Hearts land and has a much higher concentration of Yamfuds than us.
Looks a bit tainted that article no? He's even called William, which they seem to have a liking to!
Why not mention who he supports or that it just so happened to be Derby day or the pub name where we'd know whose fans he belonged to.

Good point, if they feel the need to call him a 'football supporter'' they should (imo) go the whole hog and name the team he supports.

This article is certainly giving the impression he is a hibs fan.

If he is a yam, and the so called journalist knows this, then this is a clear case of poor and biased reporting!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
FFS! Slow news day on .net today!

sixtwo
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM

good point, lets get back to the chat about the lack of signings. Maybe start a topic about hearts debt? How about a natter about the game on saturday.....wait a minute:rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
08-06-2011, 08:14 PM

If he'd been identified as a Yam in the article, then no doubt this thread would be moaning about a fan that we've 'missed out on'...

Sean1875
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
He is definately a Yam, also considers himself to be a hardcore casual aswell, welt :aok:

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM

If you're not intersted don't post!

Mikeystewart
08-06-2011, 08:23 PM

pretty much sums up the forum for the past 3 weeks, need to take it off my bookmark list as the stuff on here the past few weeks has been gash, not that I have contributed or anything, just nothing interesting happening at the moment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
If you're not intersted don't post!

Thats me told!
Slap on the wrist for me.

givescotlandfreedom
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Thats me told!
Slap on the wrist for me.

Hilarity

hibsbollah
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
We need an 'apprentice' thread. Sugar is the new Petrie.

Billy
08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
He's even called William

:hide::worried:

Bostonhibby
08-06-2011, 09:25 PM
:hide::worried:

Is a William in this case no jist a big Willy?

Christ, it is a slow news week :offski:

wazoo1875
08-06-2011, 09:39 PM
The boy is defo a yam fudley, about 8 stone soaking wet and 5' nothin. There was a thread a couple of years back with pictures of the welt and his mates at Killie with their red hand flags.

Bostonhibby
08-06-2011, 09:44 PM
The boy is defo a yam fudley, about 8 stone soaking wet and 5' nothin. There was a thread a couple of years back with pictures of the welt and his mates at Killie with their red hand flags.

Ah, he's obviously from Ulster then, and steeped in the history of that place, thanks for clearing it up :wink: Sounds a right Div......:agree:

Fantic
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking about self harming

silverhibee
08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes he is a yam.

Hibs07p
09-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm not defending the Yam fud but, he has pled guilty, his lawyer has offered mitigating circumstances regarding his behavior to get the best possible sentence. He is not going to say his client was a Yamfud, trying to cause trouble. The police would have reported the incident to the Procurator Fiscal, and their report would have cited what colours he was wearing and the importance of the game, or maybe not, depending on their loyalties, but I would imagine they would have. The PF is responsible for presenting the severity of the charge, but decided to go easy, or maybe had no option, due to the report she / he received from the police.
I think the journalist was only presenting the facts as stated in court, but the nameless scribe could also be hiding the true story by misrepresenting the facts.
A bit like Craigie Veitch Pink News headline in January 1973, Hearts lose out in seven goal thriller.

dangermouse
09-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm not defending the Yam fud but, he has pled guilty, his lawyer has offered mitigating circumstances regarding his behavior to get the best possible sentence. He is not going to say his client was a Yamfud, trying to cause trouble. The police would have reported the incident to the Procurator Fiscal, and their report would have cited what colours he was wearing and the importance of the game, or maybe not, depending on their loyalties, but I would imagine they would have. The PF is responsible for presenting the severity of the charge, but decided to go easy, or maybe had no option, due to the report she / he received from the police.
I think the journalist was only presenting the facts as stated in court, but the nameless scribe could also be hiding the true story by misrepresenting the facts.
A bit like Craigie Veitch Pink News headline in January 1973, Hearts lose out in seven goal thriller.

:faf::faf::faf:

heretoday
09-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Big deal.

God give me strength!

Cabbage East
09-06-2011, 08:34 AM
He stinks of Yam.

Beefster
09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
There was a story in the EEN about Alex Salmond the other day and not once did they mention that he was a Yam. Outrageous slur on Hibs.

maturehibby
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I totally agree with givescotlandfreedom on this and am glad he has highlighted this story as it does not show the News up in a good light as they "dont" want to offend the Hearts buying side of their paper and infer that the game was at Easter rd which makes the neutral reader think this must be a Hibs supporter who was responsible and it is only by givescotlands vigilance is seeing that it was the Hearts who were the opposition that day and the fact that they have let off these smoke bombs the last twice at ER that you see which team the so called supporter is with .
Well done givescotlandfreedom for pointing this out as to me and all other sensible Hibs fans

LancashireHibby
09-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Doesn't even mention which pub he was standing outside which might have been a giveaway.

hibsbollah
09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
There was a story in the EEN about Alex Salmond the other day and not once did they mention that he was a Yam. Outrageous slur on Hibs.

There was a similar story in the EEN about Iain Gray that neglected to mention he was a Hibby. Keep it up EEN.

hibsbollah
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Doesn't even mention which pub he was standing outside which might have been a giveaway.

Middletons i suppose...

LancashireHibby
09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Middletons i suppose...

Exactly the lines I was thinking as I don't exactly recall any Jambos stood outside of the Nip that day :agree:

JoJo_07
09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
It would appear that there is now a "new" story on a different link. See (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/Hearts-fan-fined-for-hurling.6782189.jp). A bit less ambiguous :wink:

LancashireHibby
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
It would appear that there is now a "new" story on a different link. See (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/Hearts-fan-fined-for-hurling.6782189.jp). A bit less ambiguous :wink:

Speaking after sentencing, Stewart said: "I took the blame for something that wasn't me. One of my friends grassed me up when he was caught by police."

:top marks
Nice try lad.

Dinkydoo
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
The article is poor at best, biased at worst.

The jounalist either knows he's a yam and is trying to not draw attention to the fact or is simply, pretty pish at his job, and doesn't even realise the misleading rubbish he's written.