PDA

View Full Version : Messageboard Speculation

Greentinted
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
While everyone has their own opinions as to who is coming in, who is leaving or who the manager is targeting, I got to thinking that while we all love a discussion (that's the point of the forums), if a rumour is posted that is accurate can this jeopordise the imminent deal and have the parties involved slapping their foreheads in frustration?
Is it beyond the realms of plausiblilty to suggest that innocent, but accurate, speculation has the potential to scupper a player signing (for example - another club slipping in with better terms)?

MrSmith
07-06-2011, 08:38 PM
While everyone has their own opinions as to who is coming in, who is leaving or who the manager is targeting, I got to thinking that while we all love a discussion (that's the point of the forums), if a rumour is posted that is accurate can this jeopordise the imminent deal and have the parties involved slapping their foreheads in frustration?
Is it beyond the realms of plausiblilty to suggest that innocent, but accurate, speculation has the potential to scupper a player signing (for example - another club slipping in with better terms)?

Wouldn't it be easier just to name them? OK then... HEARTS there you go I've done it! lol

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM
while everyone has their own opinions as to who is coming in, who is leaving or who the manager is targeting, i got to thinking that while we all love a discussion (that's the point of the forums), if a rumour is posted that is accurate can this jeopordise the imminent deal and have the parties involved slapping their foreheads in frustration?
is it beyond the realms of plausiblilty to suggest that innocent, but accurate, speculation has the potential to scupper a player signing (for example - another club slipping in with better terms)?

yes

MontrealHibs
08-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes, certainly, other clubs know our budget far better than we (the fans) do. They know who they can and cannot compete with.

I know that most people on here have not got a clue what our budget is and some of the guesses are ridiculous (e.g. Circa 1800 at the top end). Be assured our budget stretches far higher than that.

However, we need to be realistic we can compete with everybody outside the top three. If one of them wants our targets they have proven time and again that they will have them.

Franck is God
08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think a rumour would ever stop a transfer going ahead if both parties want it to happen.

For example 'Hibs target' Gregory Tade ended up going to ICT. I'm sure he would have been a player of interest to CC and he may even have spoken to us but I don't think he would have been our first choice striker whereas for ICT he will be hence why he went there.