07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
That could lead to rooney leaving for us this week.:aok:

sahib
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Signing for inverness.

Tade Inverness, tomorrow the world.:offski:

Saorsa
07-06-2011, 05:28 PM
That could lead to rooney leaving for us this week.:aok:Well it could certainly lead tae Rooney leaving.

scoopyboy
07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
That could lead to rooney leaving for us this week.:aok:

Rooney is out of contract so why would the signing of Tade make any difference?

Alfred E Newman
07-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Its hilarious watching our rivals wheel and deal in the transfer market while we sit back and quietly do it the "Hibs Way" :greengrin

Jim44
07-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Don't mock it. Over the years, ICT had our useless lot safely tucked in their back pocket in every game at Inverness and their 53 points far outshone our pathetic 37 last season. It's a good move for the guy from a First Division team to a side with a good manager who I think will consolidate their place in the SPL next season. Nevertheless, at this stage of the transfer 'season' I'm glad he hasn't ended up at ER. I might change my mind if CC doesn't come up with the goods in the next few weeks. :greengrin

hibee92
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM

:top marks:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
07-06-2011, 07:40 PM
This ****ing ridiculous, another player we have missed out on, I'm going down to ER tomorrow to chuck last seasons season ticket on our dug up pitch:grr:

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Not Hibs class. But I am going to buy a season ticket so I can rip it up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Rooney is out of contract so why would the signing of Tade make any difference?<br />
<br />
cos maybe he is their next option after Rooney has finally rejected the best package that ICT could put together to try to get him to sign a new deal?

Saorsa
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Not Hibs class. But I am going to buy a season ticket so I can rip it up.Dinnae buy another, I'll sell you mine :agree: and you can rip that up :wink: :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
07-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Outstanding. :agree:

R'Albin
07-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Good effort :top marks:greengrin

Winston Ingram
07-06-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/14642/gregory-tade-to-kick-off-spl-career-at-inverness-caley-thistle.html
:na na:

sauzee's-socks
07-06-2011, 10:25 PM
ST's are not paper anymore - credit card like now. I suspect they changed to stop people like yourself ripping them up. Cunning on Petrie's part - if he is going down, he is taking prisoners.

Cunning and dangerous.
Before, after some reflection you could carefully sellotape it back to it's former glory. Think very carefully before you cut up that plastic card. You only get one shot.

Manxhibs
07-06-2011, 10:39 PM
If he's Gregory tade, who's he going to be tomorrow :)

Future17
08-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Classic reporting of this story by the EEN - along the lines of "Tade chooses ICT over Hibs, leaving Calderwood with only one recognised striker for next season".

dangermouse
08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Classic reporting of this story by the EEN - along the lines of "Tade chooses ICT over Hibs, leaving Calderwood with only one recognised striker for next season".

The EEN says today's date is the 8th June 2011. Is that correct?

Beefster
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
The fact that the reporter thinks that Denmark is a neighbour to Iceland sort of says it all.

hughio
08-06-2011, 02:37 PM

:not worth

Future17
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
The EEN says today's date is the 8th June 2011. Is that correct?

I'm not sure. If only Hibs.net had a thread relating to some sort of table or register with the days of each month and week in a year....

SneakersO'Toole
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
We've dodged a bullet with this guy according to my Raith daft pal.

Good enough for me.

col02
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I fully expect a season down the road when Tade shows his potential for some to ask why did we not try sign him! Butcher is no mug and must see something in him to try replace Rooney with him.

Rossco1875
08-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Dinnae buy another, I'll sell you mine :agree: and you can rip that up :wink: :greengrin

dont start you ! If i have to sit through it so do you :wink:

Saorsa
08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
dont start you ! If i have to sit through it so do you :wink::greengrin

MyJo
08-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I fully expect a season down the road when Tade shows his potential for some to ask why did we not try sign him! Butcher is no mug and must see something in him to try replace Rooney with him.

When he scores his only two goals of the season against us everyone will be demanding we buy him :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
08-06-2011, 07:08 PM
We've dodged a bullet with this guy according to my Raith daft pal.

Good enough for me.

Aye, a lucky escape if you ask me. Somewhere out there in the big wide world are players that are genuinely "Hibs Class" and old Caldo is just the man to find them. :greengrin

Jim44
08-06-2011, 07:22 PM

Maybe wishful thinking on Tade's part but he's reported as saying he is looking forward to teaming up with Rooney.

sixtwo
08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Who?

He is not a player.

If we were interested it would have been a gamble and we would have been looking at trying to polish him into a player. If we made any offer for him it would have reflected his almost amateur status.

I am not bothered in the slightest he has chosen to go to the highlands.

We will sign recognised strikers.

I get the feeling we get hung up on players who play in scotland. The boy rooney is much sought after amonst hibs fans. Personally i think he is *****. I think we could easily pick up better players if we widen the net. Look at sodje. He is a journeyman. He has never set the heather alight wherever he has been but he comes to the spl and scores for fun in an underperforming side!

I reckon the standard in the SPL is diabolical. A manager with an eye for a player and who has decent contacts can get us 3 players that can massively improve our side.

The truth is, the standard in scotland is pretty poor.

Palsson came in from liverpool youth set up and is seen as our biggest hope for next season.

What i am trying to say is we should not be disappointed if we lose out on people like fraser wright, greg tade, sutton, hamil or any of the other dross that has moved to spl clubs so far. I trust that cc and the board will deliver a number of players that give us hope for next season and make us laugh at the afore mentioned transfers!

GGTTH

jdships
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Just off the phone speaking to a friend who is on the EEN " Sports Desk"
He tells me they do not know if Hibs had even spoken to Tade . EEN "understood" Hibs were interested .
Other point he made was why have ICT only given him a one year contract ?.
No risk taking there :greengrin

:confused:

Dalianwanda
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
:agree:
Who?

He is not a player.

If we were interested it would have been a gamble and we would have been looking at trying to polish him into a player. If we made any offer for him it would have reflected his almost amateur status.

I get the feeling we get hung up on players who play in scotland. The boy rooney is much sought after amonst hibs fans. Personally i think he is *****. I think we could easily pick up better players if we widen the net. Look at sodje. He is a journeyman. He has never set the heather alight wherever he has been but he comes to the spl and scores for fun in an underperforming side!

I reckon the standard in the SPL is diabolical. A manager with an eye for a player and who has decent contacts can get us 3 players that can massively improve our side.

Palsson came in from liverpool youth set up and is seen as our biggest hope for next season.

What i am trying to say is we should not be disappointed if we lose out on people like fraser wright, greg tade, sutton, hamil or any of the other dross that has moved to spl clubs so far. I trust that cc and the board will deliver a number of players that give us hope for next season and make us laugh at the afore mentioned transfers!

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Who?

He is not a player.

GGTTH

Not particularly bothered about anyone else but I wish John Sutton wasn't wearing a Hearts top next season.

51 league goals in 128 SPL starts is a decent return in anyone's language.

sixtwo
08-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Not particularly bothered about anyone else but I wish John Sutton wasn't wearing a Hearts top next season.

51 league goals in 128 SPL starts is a decent return in anyone's language.

fair play. He is ok at spl level. A bit like that fat, plukey, gambling alchy tramp kyle. What i am saying is we should take off the blinkers and try and find someone who is good enough to blast away teams in the spl. I reckon it shouldnt be too difficult to find an ambitious player from england or the continent with a good pedigree who can come here and score 15 - 20 goals.

new malkyhib
08-06-2011, 11:05 PM
fair play. He is ok at spl level. A bit like that fat, plukey, gambling alchy tramp kyle. What i am saying is we should take off the blinkers and try and find someone who is good enough to blast away teams in the spl. I reckon it shouldnt be too difficult to find an ambitious player from england or the continent with a good pedigree who can come here and score 15 - 20 goals.

Good shout - and that's how the manager will earn his corn, IMO. There are still some decent players in the SPL mind...

I just wish the Board would release monies for players like Gomis or Bauben, or Murphy of Motherwell. Signings like these interspersed with the kind of signing you advocate above would be constitute a positive, coherent signing "strategy" that wouldn't break the bank either?

BEEJ
08-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I get the feeling we get hung up on players who play in scotland. The boy rooney is much sought after amonst hibs fans. Personally i think he is *****. I think we could easily pick up better players if we widen the net.
You might have wanted to be a bit less emphatic there while there is still a chance he may end up at ER.

:greengrin

MontrealHibs
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I see the Inverness website even confirms he turned down Dunfermline and St Johnstone to sign for them, as I have stated seveal times he was never a target for Hibs.

Lazy journalism, it's easy to throw stones at Hibs. Let's wait and see what today and tomorrow bring.

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20110608/gregs-on-his-way_2208825_2373616

R'Albin
09-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Who?

He is not a player.

GGTTH

:agree: apart from the rooney bit, I think he's a good player.

Stokes is another example of signing a player from England, didnt do that well down south but as soon as he came to the spl he starts scoring for fun.

bingo70
09-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Who?

He is not a player.

GGTTH

I agree that there will be better value abroad than a lot of the dross you get in the SPL and i'd rather gamble on young guys like Pallson who might go onto achieve big things in the game rather than the likes of Grainger who'll never achieve anything other than SPL mediocracy , however i think a balance is needed between foreigners and local guys that know what the leagues all about and what it takes to win away in the likes of Inverness on a cold wednesday night, i also think there's a danger we knock our own league so much we think any johnny foreigner can just automatically be better than we've already got, there's plent examples of players coming from technically better leagues but struggling to adapt to the SPL, De Graff automatically springs to mind.

With regards to missing out on Tade, i don't think anyone is bothered he's not signed for us but i think there are concerns that if we were after him then that's a target CC wanted we've not got.

Disagree about Rooney though, his career has mirrored what you wanted other than he's now been a proven success in our league, was struggling to make the break through down south so moved up here to get first team football and done well so i would see him as an excellent signing, from what i've seen he's also got a bit fire in his belly as well as having pace, a couple of attributes we have been missing for years.

dangermouse
09-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure. If only Hibs.net had a thread relating to some sort of table or register with the days of each month and week in a year....

You mean like a calendar thread :aok:

dangermouse
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I agree that there will be better value abroad than a lot of the dross you get in the SPL and i'd rather gamble on young guys like Pallson who might go onto achieve big things in the game rather than the likes of Grainger who'll never achieve anything other than SPL mediocracy , however i think a balance is needed between foreigners and local guys that know what the leagues all about and what it takes to win away in the likes of Inverness on a cold wednesday night, i also think there's a danger we knock our own league so much we think any johnny foreigner can just automatically be better than we've already got, there's plent examples of players coming from technically better leagues but struggling to adapt to the SPL, De Graff automatically springs to mind.

With regards to missing out on Tade, i don't think anyone is bothered he's not signed for us but i think there are concerns that if we were after him then that's a target CC wanted we've not got.

Disagree about Rooney though, his career has mirrored what you wanted other than he's now been a proven success in our league, was struggling to make the break through down south so moved up here to get first team football and done well so i would see him as an excellent signing, from what i've seen he's also got a bit fire in his belly as well as having pace, a couple of attributes we have been missing for years.

We weren't