PDA

View Full Version : Former Easter Road favourite Arpinon eager to create French connection with Hibs

frazeHFC
07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Former-Easter-Road-favourite-Arpinon.6781035.jp

Looks as though he wants to create and affiliation between his club and ours. I reckon there are some decent players in that division, but i do not really know much about the French second tier. It can only be a good thing as we can look for some young talent down there.

And I wouldn't say he a 'favourite' of mine compared to Latapy, Zitelli etc. :na na:

Thoughts on this proposed link?

GloryGlory
07-06-2011, 11:23 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Former-Easter-Road-favourite-Arpinon.6781035.jp

Looks as though he wants to create and affiliation between his club and ours. I reckon there are some decent players in that division, but i do not really know much about the French second tier. It can only be a good thing as we can look for some young talent down there.

And I wouldn't say he a 'favourite' of mine compared to Latapy, Zitelli etc. :na na:

Thoughts on this proposed link?

So did John Collins, did he not? :wink:

Hibs90
07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
The man in my avatar for a start. TBH, it seems like a way for youngsters to gain experience and improve their game. Im all for it.

GloryGlory
07-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The man in my avatar for a start. TBH, it seems like a way for youngsters to gain experience and improve their game. Im all for it.

Yep, me too. I think our youngsters would benefit from the technical excellence that French youth academies are good at. And our age group coaches might also learn a few things to incorporate into the programme at EM in future

Iain G
07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Yep, me too. I think our youngsters would benefit from the technical excellence that French youth academies are good at.

And for the French youngters to learn how to get bevvied in the multiple bars of George St :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I dont think we can, we'd have to cancel the one we have with Chelsea first.

Iain G
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM

No, in Football Manager you can have multiple links to other teams, so it must be true :agree:

ScottB
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
And for the French youngters to learn how to get bevvied in the multiple bars of George St :wink:

Unlike us, the French can handle drinking without getting destroyed!

Besides, can you imagine their disappointment at the ladies of George St after being used to French ones?!

IanM
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
i think this is a testament to our supporters - occasionally we find foreign players who may or may not make the grade but in most cases we make them feel welcome and if they do give their 100% they will be remembered, as players remember our club and supporters.

100% behind this if it goes ahead.. it's a bit of good news on this board, something that's been missing recently

Kojock
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Never really liked Freddy after his red card for gobbing on the boy at Dens Park.

LancashireHibby
Article doesn't really seem to give much away, but if it involves young players being exposed to another culture and more technical coaching than is currently available to them then I'm all for it. Plus drinking French wine might increase their alcohol tolerance and reduce problems at chucking out time :wink:

frazeHFC
Yep, me too. I think our youngsters would benefit from the technical excellence that French youth academies are good at. And our age group coaches might also learn a few things to incorporate into the programme at EM in future

Yeah British players never seem to have the flair and pace (Bar some players like Sproule, Young etc in terms of pace) that European players have. I don't know if it is to do with diet etc but we could learn from the French coaches how to build up the physical aspect of our players.

Andy74
07-06-2011, 11:41 AM
i think this is a testament to our supporters - occasionally we find foreign players who may or may not make the grade but in most cases we make them feel welcome and if they do give their 100% they will be remembered, as players remember our club and supporters.

100% behind this if it goes ahead.. it's a bit of good news on this board, something that's been missing recently

Aye, De Graaf will be welcomed back like a long lost friend right enough.

He never lacked commitment but we did little to support him and make him welcome. Times have changed in that respect I think.

The Big No.9
07-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Apart from this, there is much more going on behind the scenes, wont post on here what it is as i could lose my job if it was traced back to my work, but trust me it could be really good.

lyonhibs
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM

If we were to use the man in your avatar as a benchmark, then that's a screaming advertisement for why we shouldn't touch French 2nd division players with a flaming 200ft long bargepole :greengrin

However, I'd be happy to see Hibs strike up a meaningful relationship with Istres (not like this nebulous one with Chelsea, that never existed except in the Evening News).

Would be nice to see a few unknown quantities come in, instead of the usual merry go-round of the same 15-20 targets all non-OF SPL clubs seem to share every single transfer window, even if the quality of these newcomers was a tad "variable"

IanM
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Aye, De Graaf will be welcomed back like a long lost friend right enough.

He never lacked commitment but we did little to support him and make him welcome. Times have changed in that respect I think.

good point - i think it's really just down to times changing and fortunes at the club, back circa that era, luna, zitelli etc were all welcomed and given every opportunity to enjoy their football - unfortunate for de graff we were already on the slippery slope and his performances matched.. still hoping he comes back the player he feels he can be

Holmesdale Hibs
07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Would have been a decent player if he stayed fit. I remember that back heel he scored at ER, think it was against Motherwell.

Sounds like a good thing to me and can't think of a reason not to. Would maybe be worth sending some of our young players over to train for a couple of months.

Gatecrasher
07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
If we were to use the man in your avatar as a benchmark, then that's a screaming advertisement for why we shouldn't touch French 2nd division players with a flaming 200ft long bargepole :greengrin

glad I'm not the only one that thought that :greengrin

frazeHFC
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Apart from this, there is much more going on behind the scenes, wont post on here what it is as i could lose my job if it was traced back to my work, but trust me it could be really good.

Don't mention the fact you know stuff you cannot say, just be quiet, as now i am desperate to find out......PM me what it is, i won't tell anyone! :greengrin

The Big No.9
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
No bother, will PM you the now

soupy
07-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Haha, exactly what I thought.

Hibs90
07-06-2011, 12:24 PM
No bother, will PM you the now

And me, since your dishing out the PM's. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Would be quite happy with this, could be a chance to bring in exciting young players whilst given some of our youngsters the opportunity to develop in a different league.

MrSmith
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Me too please! I'm in a nebby mood. :confused::na na::aok:

PeterboroHibee
07-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Ill take a PM too if possible :wink:.

hibeeleicester
07-06-2011, 12:47 PM
May aswell have a PM if everyone is :greengrin

Haymaker
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Aye, PM me too please! :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I'll take 1 of they pm's since your dishing them oot like they are going out of fashion:greengrin

Rivers Cuomo
07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Can I have a PM too please?

LancashireHibby
07-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Can I have a PM about the PM's?

FRes Hibbie
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I'll take one too thanks. :greengrin

Speedway
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Could you PM the PM about the PMs receiving PMs please? Thanks.

Lucius Apuleius
07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Don't really want one. Find them just a bit too much of a hassle to open and read, but I suppose if everybody else is getting one I might as well too. Being back in Naija land I can assure you that I will tell nobody :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
07-06-2011, 02:48 PM
What about Beuzy? He was 2nd tier.

blairwallace
07-06-2011, 04:24 PM
No, in Football Manager you can have multiple links to other teams, so it must be true :agree:

unless your a feeder club you can only have one IIRC?

not sure about French league but as long as we actually go for good French players! (i.e NOT Gathuessi, Thicot(?) Antoine-Curier and the like)

HibeeSince85
07-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Can I have the pm about the pm about the other pm about, well I don't know what it's about now but can I have a pm:greengrin

deano6-2
07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
PM please!:agree:

TonyStokeprano
07-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Can Someone send me the p.m please.

givescotlandfreedom
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd like a PM too please

Ollie Reed
07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
If anyone has watched the Toulon tournament down the years, especially the last couple, the talent the French youngsters have are outstanding.

If Istres have anyone anywhere near that ability, then bring it on.

JackJones
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I need some good Hibs news! could I have a PM too?? :greengrin

db03
07-06-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6969790,00.html

I would like a PM too please

SteveHFC
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I would like a pm too.

California-Hibs
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Could i have a PM too please, thanks :thumbsup:

Springbank
07-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Give me an FM over a PM anyday

Westminster is yesterday's news and the PM's hair is surely too shiny for anyone to trust him

Kojock
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Dont bother to PM me, I dont want to hear any good news coming out of ER, Id rather my glass remained half empty. Miserable is the new happy. :rolleyes:

Kojock
07-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Former Hibernian midfielder Freddy Arpinon has confirmed he will open discussions on swap deals between the SPL club and current employers Istres.

Lets start by swapping Hart for a lawn mower and a set of goal nets.

fat freddy
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Its wrong to exclude fat people...i want what everyone else has got

McSwanky
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't want the PM. PMs are for big girls' blouses.

The Keeper
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd like a PM because not getting one is causing me massive PM tension.

CapitalHibs
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Well Freddie thinks that Istres have produced the next Franck Sauzee, Would do for me:agree:

The best young player for Istres is Florian Lejeune," he said. "I think he can play anywhere in the world. Remember Franck Sauzee? I think he is the same player. He is very tall, with fantastic technique. A defender, and can play in the middle - like Franck.

"Istres currently list on their books one of French football's hottest properties, Florian Lejeune, a France under-20 international centre back who is said to have caught the eye of Real Madrid. Lejeune, to take one example, is a player who would transcend interest from any UK club outside England's "Big Four", said Arpinon, who sees something of a Hibs legend in the young prodigy.

"(Lejeune is a] very good player, he's in the France under-20 team. There are others - Lejeune is the best-known but we have (Jordan] Massengo who was once part of the France set-up."

When asked if a player of Lejeune's ilk could be enticed, at least temporarily, to Easter Road, Arpinon said: "Not Lejeune - he's more 'Big Four' standard now.

Spike Mandela
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Ye can ram yer pm up yer arse!

R'Albin
07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Can someone pm me about the pm info but not the original pm-er he has already pm'ed enough pm's today, thanks.

Keith_M
07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Could someone that received a PM just print whatever the guy said on here, then the rest of us won't all develop PMtension

Jonnyboy
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Former Hibernian midfielder Freddy Arpinon has confirmed he will open discussions on swap deals between the SPL club and current employers Istres.

:faf: :top marks

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 08:57 PM

:greengrin And to hone their general streetfighting skills, in particular the cermonial knocking out of a Yam with one blow, ala Darren McCormack (allegedly).

KeithTheHibby
07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
PM anyone, anyone??

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 09:05 PM
PM anyone, anyone??

Me please but to make it less obvious than the grasping lot above could mine just be left in a brown paper bag under the second bench along on Leith Links please? Will arrange a bag exchange when no one is looking.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
So, has anyone actually received a PM from the poster with the big secret? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 10:05 PM
So, has anyone actually received a PM from the poster with the big secret? :greengrin

Not yet, but my enthusiasm for all things Hibs has been reawakened by this, I am going to stay up all night watching for it, if you drop me a phone number I will ring you immediately I hear:wink:

Jonnyboy
07-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Not yet, but my enthusiasm for all things Hibs has been reawakened by this, I am going to stay up all night watching for it, if you drop me a phone number I will ring you immediately I hear:wink:

:greengrin

The Big No.9
07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry guys went off line, think i got everybody who wanted PM

Liam_Hibs
07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Sorry guys went off line, think i got everybody who wanted PM

Am I too late to ask for one? :greengrin

SRHibs
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
PM for me too please.:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Am I too late to ask for one? :greengrin

what the heck spread the love :greengrin lay it on me pls

MrRobot
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Fire a PM this way :greengrin

hibeeleicester
07-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I didnt get mine :(

Saorsa
07-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I didnt get mine :(Damn :greengrin

I was just going tae ask you tae forward it :greengrin

California-Hibs
07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
I didn't get one either :(

R'Albin
08-06-2011, 05:29 AM
I didn't get one either:boo hoo:

Lucius Apuleius
08-06-2011, 06:02 AM
I didn't get one either :(

Ni moi non plus.

Kaiser1962
08-06-2011, 06:18 AM

You could.

TonyStokeprano
08-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Didnt get mine either, would someone forward it to me please?

Andy74
08-06-2011, 07:19 AM
So did John Collins, did he not? :wink:

JC sitting not far from me in BA lounge at Edinburgh Airport just as I read this. A bit early to start asking him about his signings??

Love the Green
08-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Right gus don't bite my head off but while most other teams in the SPL are busy filling the paper's with new signings our claim to fame in the news is that an ex-players mentions that a lower division French team MIGHT want a link up with us.
What a joke is this the best news our club can provide when we are screaming out for new faces at ER?
Link with Chelasea remember that nonsense?
No doubt I will get the wait till CC brings in players before getting worried, this will happen last week of transfer window, we will state we tried for player x and y but were unsuccessful, bring in the ususal crap and then say they are not match fit for the start of the season....been ther before have we not.

"keep the faith"

Phil MaGlass
08-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah British players never seem to have the flair and pace (Bar some players like Sproule, Young etc in terms of pace) that European players have. I don't know if it is to do with diet etc but we could learn from the French coaches how to build up the physical aspect of our players.

John Collins learned from the French and tried that at Hibs, see how far that got him with the players.....
Scottish players are lazy, pi55heads not willing to make the sacrifices and more looking to go out on the peeve with their mates.

marinello59
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Right gus don't bite my head off but while most other teams in the SPL are busy filling the paper's with new signings our claim to fame in the news is that an ex-players mentions that a lower division French team MIGHT want a link up with us.
What a joke is this the best news our club can provide when we are screaming out for new faces at ER?
No doubt I will get the wait till CC brings in players before getting worried, this will happen last week of transfer window, we will state we tried for player x and y but were unsuccessful, bring in the ususal crap and then say they are not match fit for the start of the season....been ther before have we not.

"keep the faith"

So are you a glass half full or Samaritans on speed dial kind of guy? :greengrin

Love the Green
08-06-2011, 07:36 AM
So are you a glass half full or Samaritans on speed dial kind of guy? :greengrin

A realist actually, please tell me what I have said is untrue...like my non de plume I "love the green" however at my age and paying £800 each season for family ST it is becoming most frustrating that a club with our infrastructure and support appear to bring in lessser players than supposed smaller clubs and also despite not wanting to get us into major debt would just once like to see us outbid the dogs over the city for a player we state we want and that they also require.

"keep the faith":wink:

dangermouse
08-06-2011, 09:45 AM
John Collins learned from the French and tried that at Hibs, see how far that got him with the players.....
Scottish players are lazy, pi55heads not willing to make the sacrifices and more looking to go out on the peeve with their mates.

Maybe we need a team full of French second division players then :wink:

grantonhibee
08-06-2011, 11:30 AM
no thanks freddy

GreenCastle
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM

:thumbsup::not worth

Saorsa
08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
so did anybody get this PM that would care tae pass it on :greengrin

ELZ1875
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM

"keep the faith"

The bit in bold aint true, It is impossible for it to be.

So bored of reading people say they want us to spend more without getting us into more debt, but at the same time failing to explain how they would finance such expenditure.

ELZ1875
08-06-2011, 04:39 PM
And if anyone fancies firing a PM my way go ahead, not David Cameron of course, not that kind of PM, although i would like him fired into space.

Houchy
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Can anyone confirm that it was anything exciting.

In fact, can I just have a PM too. Cheers.:agree::greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
08-06-2011, 11:59 PM
can a have one as well please, i'm curious now:thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Whilst on frenchies Remember him ...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pinau ?
Makes you wonder what Genoa are thinking...

joe_hfc
09-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Change of a PM? As long as it has more truth than an MP?

Nevi1875
09-06-2011, 08:23 PM
i will take one if they are going like