PDA

View Full Version : NHC Refs want pay increase

Woody1985
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I read a bit of this in the Sunday paper and thought they must be having a laugh given their standards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13681077.stm

A grand per game. Fair enough, high profile games draw negative attention to some refs and they get stick. I've seen guys threatened dozens of times at the pits for a tenner a game.

My fag packet sums are as follows.

Currently; Take 6 refereeable(!) matches per game calendar, 38 games per season at £800 a pop is £182,400 that is already being forked out on refs.

That would increase to £228,000 per season for league games only.

I was speaking with a ref who does initiative and he says that the guys that make grade 1 refs only do so by refereeing from a very early age so they can progress up the ladder. It seems like a very lucrative career option!

easty
07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I want a pay-rise as well but, like many people, my employers aren't giving me a raise.

Scottish football is hardly a money making machine at present, why should the refs get a pay rise? They should be told to bolt.

Wilson
07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I want a pay-rise as well but, like many people, my employers aren't giving me a raise.

Scottish football is hardly a money making machine at present, why should the refs get a pay rise? They should be told to bolt.

Tell them they can whistle for it! :wink:

LancashireHibby
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Danger money for refs who do the OF games?

NAE NOOKIE
07-06-2011, 10:28 PM
IMO £800 for reffing a game aint bad money. If a top ref does 30 games in a season thats £24,000 a year pre tax.

A lot of the players dont get a lot more than £800 per week and historically most refs have full time jobs outside of football in professions which pay decent money.

I could go along with extra payments for reffing high profile or televised matches, semi finals & finals, that sort of thing.

But to ask for £1000 per match during a time when the game is on its financial uppers is taking the wee wee just a bit.

:tsk tsk:

sauzee's-socks
07-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Anyone know the rate of inflation. I'd guess 3%.
On that basis surely a fair pay rise would be £824 per match.

BEEJ
07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
They're pricing themselves out of a job. Altogether now .....

:singing:
Bring back the foreigners,
Bring back the foreigners ...
:singing:

yekimevol
07-06-2011, 11:20 PM
how about no !!

i dont rate the job half of them do and i dont think half of them are fit enough for the job !

Saorsa
07-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Based on some of their performances they've got a ****in' brass neck tae take what they do now.

allezsauzee
08-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I seem to recall the officials that did the game at Easter Road when they all went on strike did a decent job so I'm all for downgrading most of the refs we have and using foreign refs for the SPL games.

.Sean.
08-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I'd give them performance-based pay and on that basis all they'd merit would be a cheese roll and the bus fare home.

dangermouse
08-06-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd give them performance-based pay and on that basis all they'd merit would be a cheese roll and the bus fare home.

The cheese would have to be mouldy.