PDA

View Full Version : Do any players ever come on Hibs Net?

spike220
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Do any players ever come on Hibs Net? or memebers that we know are genuine players? I have heard that the admin staff come on and look but does anyone know anything for sure?

GGTTH

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm not a player but I admit I got a bit over-excited on the Calendar Thread.

Leitherhibs
05-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I know of two players who read the forum, don't know if they post though.

Andy74
05-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Do any players ever come on Hibs Net? or memebers that we know are genuine players? I have heard that the admin staff come on and look but does anyone know anything for sure?

GGTTH
Players have done so and also posted in the past. Fenwick and Townsley.

Tam McManus certainly used to read it back in the day and much as you expect they can brush stuff off they are humans and it does effect them.

spike220
05-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I know of two players who read the forum, don't know if they post though.

Well spill the beans! How do you know they read it, did they tell you or was it a friend of a friend? and more importantly who are they?

spike220
05-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm not a player but I admit I got a bit over-excited on the Calendar Thread.

Your like semi-infamous on Hibs net if you are the guy who pretended to be a player on the Calender thread. I have seen others post about you in the past!

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Your like semi-infamous on Hibs net if you are the guy who pretended to be a player on the Calender thread. I have seen others post about you in the past!

I never posted on that thread. I just offloaded over it. :greengrin

Leitherhibs
05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Well spill the beans! How do you know they read it, did they tell you or was it a friend of a friend? and more importantly who are they?

One of them is my neighbour and a big fan who i think would read the forum regardless of whether he played for the club or not.
The other is a "kent face" on the edinburgh club scene.. Sure you cna work that out for yourself.

hibeeleicester
05-06-2011, 10:08 PM
One of them is my neighbour and a big fan who i think would read the forum regardless of whether he played for the club or not.
The other is a "kent face" on the edinburgh club scene.. Sure you cna work that out for yourself.

That will be the majority :greengrin

silverhibee
06-06-2011, 12:10 AM
That will be the majority :greengrin

Naw that will be Stack. :greengrin.

Only kidding if you read this Stacky. Never seen you in George Street since you joined Hibs. :aok: :greengrin

silverhibee
06-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I would say most players read Hibs.net, but i dont think they are allowed to join or post anything.

I doubt they would get upset about anything that is said about them on a football message board, if they do they are in the wrong job. :greengrin :aok:

RickyS
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
I would say most players read Hibs.net, but i dont think they are allowed to join or post anything.

I doubt they would get upset about anything that is said about them on a football message board, if they do they are in the wrong job. :greengrin :aok:

i always wondered about the players and if Nish and Rankin sat crying into thier beer when reading the thread on a defeat on a saturday night or if they were told NOT to look

spike220
06-06-2011, 08:42 AM
If players do look on here, could we not start a special wall or area on here, where prior to the game we could send our wishes and words of encouragement to the players, kinda like the 12th man but electronically. Negative posts and Yams could be filtered out by the moderators. It could be our way of doing something positive for the players and team. All said and done we whine and debate but when it comes down to it we want each and every player to perform to the best and if we can say something to encourage them it cant do any harm and it may even balance some of character assassination that goes on in here and let the players know we really are behind them.

truehibernian
06-06-2011, 08:47 AM
i always wondered about the players and if Nish and Rankin sat crying into thier beer when reading the thread on a defeat on a saturday night or if they were told NOT to look

For the benefit of Nishy in that case

http://www.offside-ref.co.uk/laws/11-offside-rule/detailed/

Mark79
06-06-2011, 09:17 AM
If players do look on here, could we not start a special wall or area on here, where prior to the game we could send our wishes and words of encouragement to the players, kinda like the 12th man but electronically. Negative posts and Yams could be filtered out by the moderators. It could be our way of doing something positive for the players and team. All said and done we whine and debate but when it comes down to it we want each and every player to perform to the best and if we can say something to encourage them it cant do any harm and it may even balance some of character assassination that goes on in here and let the players know we really are behind them.

I would say no. If a professional footballer earning more than i will ever earn cant motivate himself then they have a problem. Running out in front of (hopefully) a busy football stadium where everyone has paid circa £20 to watch them perform should be enough.

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Don't know if the players cone on, but the board must. There is no shortage of threads starting "FAO Petrie", "FAO Board" etc. Only an idiot would post these things if the people they were addressed to won't read them. :greengrin

hibsbollah
06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I know at least some of them do and get affected by negative comments they read. Dunno if any currently post in disguise though.

steakbake
06-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I am Neil Lennon.

RickyS
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
For the benefit of Nishy in that case

http://www.offside-ref.co.uk/laws/11-offside-rule/detailed/:greengrin

Wilson
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I know at least some of them do and get affected by negative comments they read. Dunno if any currently post in disguise though.

Name names. These are exactly the lilly livered invertebrates that are dragging our club into the bottom 6. If they can't stomach a bit of criticism on a messageboard how are they going to shape up in a scrap away at Inverness or St. Mirren?

Ship 'em out I say. The first thing our medical team should look for in any new signings is a set of balls.

Hakim Sar
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I use this site all the time. My friend Fabrice Henry is a regular too.

Thecat23
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I use this site all the time. My friend Fabrice Henry is a regular too.

That name just makes me think of an air freshener for that hoover. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Naw that will be Stack. :greengrin.

Only kidding if you read this Stacky. Never seen you in George Street since you joined Hibs. :aok: :greengrin

I asked Stack on his facebook if posted on hibs.net and if so what name did he post under (well you never know :greengrin) and he said

Tend not to read the forums pal, ive been told there's been one or 2 points of view that would be best no looked at, However everyones entitled to there opinion and its graet that the supporters have a website for discussion and debate and to laugh at Hertz when they lose of course

KeithTheHibby
06-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I am John Rankin and I think the majority of you are a bunch of moaning faced flower pots.

Mon the Arabs.:greengrin

rainman
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I was abusing paul fenwick on here about getting him off the wage bill when he wasn't kicking a ball for us and he came on and shut me down fairly quickly with a lengthly, reasoned and fair explanation of the situaton.

Craig_in_Prague
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I'd imagine Murray looks on here. He is very quick to mention in interviews that the fans are negative or OTT etc..... He can't feel that way just from games.

Anyway, players don't have all that much time on their hands, i mean once they've almost broke sweat during a couple of hours training, they've got bookies to go to, golf courses to hit or whatever.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
There are a few players i know/kind of know who look in here quite regularly. None of them post though.

And of course who can forget that memorable night when Dean Shiels came on and had a bit of banter? Did Rob Jones ever make it on later that night like we were promised?

MSK
06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I was abusing paul fenwick on here about getting him off the wage bill when he wasn't kicking a ball for us and he came on and shut me down fairly quickly with a lengthly, reasoned and fair explanation of the situaton.I remember that ..Mountie was his handle wasnt it ..?...:greengrin

rainman
06-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I remember that ..Mountie was his handle wasnt it ..?...:greengrin

That was it.

He went through what a few others had to do at that time (John O'Neill, off the top of my head) because they had a pay as you play clause in their contract after so many games.

It was a shame their Hibs careers ended like that as they were part of an excellent team but in hindsight, although it was rough on the players, it was a masterstroke from Petrie to put such clauses in their contracts as an insurance policy against dips in form or, as what ultimately happened, the ar5e falling out of Scottish Football finances.

Peevemor
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
... then there was Chris Killen's mum.

MyJo
06-06-2011, 12:27 PM
... then there was Chris Killen's mum.

Dean Sheils and Rob Jones too :agree::greengrin

MSK
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Fabian Yantorno's Brother posted for a while ...think he still looks in now & again ..:agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Brian Kerr was reputed to have visited the side and posted, but nobody was able to witness this and confirm it.

.Sean.
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Brian Kerr was reputed to have visited the side and posted, but nobody was able to witness this and confirm it.
:tee hee:

I know of a few players who browse the site on ocassion, but don't post. So long as it's not slanderous, or unwarranted abuse they're receiving I don't think they're overly fussed about what anonymous folk post over a computer, tbh.

hibeeleicester
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm Colin Nish.

R'Albin
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM

:greengrin

chorley_fm
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM

GGTTH

I hope not, the amount of abuse they get on here, would knock any confidence they had

3pm
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
They come on here because it saves them listening to the manager.

Wilson
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
They come on here because it saves them listening to the manager.

Not a bad idea when Yogi was at the helm... :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
There are a few players i know/kind of know who look in here quite regularly. None of them post though.

And of course who can forget that memorable night when Dean Shiels came on and had a bit of banter? Did Rob Jones ever make it on later that night like we were promised?

The most memorable thread ever :agree: Was in stitches pishin masel :agree:

hibsbollah
06-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Players have ego just like any other humans. This means they dont like reading they are useless huddies. im not saying they cry into their blue WKDs about it, but they will be aware of what the prevailing .net or bounce mood is.

spike220
07-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Players have ego just like any other humans. This means they dont like reading they are useless huddies. im not saying they cry into their blue WKDs about it, but they will be aware of what the prevailing .net or bounce mood is.

Yes exactly right! SO why dont we start a positive thread before everygame to spur players on, it cant do any harm!

GGTTH

alfie
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm Dean Shiels and so is my wife! :agree:

mon the cabbage
07-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Calderwood should come on this to see what the fans want.

dangermouse
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM

I hope not with some of the "potential" targets being touted on here.

steakbake
07-06-2011, 10:28 AM

This is the very last place I'd want the Hibs manager to come for ideas.

Besides, I thought that all the best targets have already been snapped up?

nonshinyfinish
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
This is the very last place I'd want the Hibs manager to come for ideas.

Besides, I thought that all the best targets have already been snapped up?

Quite right, CC would probably top himself if he found out about all the players we've missed out on.

steakbake
07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Quite right, CC would probably top himself if he found out about all the players we've missed out on.

Either that or pish himself laughing.

spike220
07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
:agree:
Either that or pish himself laughing.:agree:

I think a lot players laugh too at some of the nonsense on here. I wonder if any of the hibs backroom staff post on here?

Davy Mac
07-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I remember that ..Mountie was his handle wasnt it ..?...:greengrin

Showing your age fella, were you on the rig? :-)

ArabHibee
07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
The most memorable thread ever :agree: Was in stitches pishin masel :agree:

anyone got a link?

Greentinted
07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I know a few of the admin/backroom staff of other clubs used to look in on their respective forums and pretty much dismissed or ridiculed much of the stuff posted.

Unless of course there was talk of agitation on the back of unrest; then they would get a wee bit jittery. :greengrin

HNA9
07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
anyone got a link?

Long since deleted :boo hoo:

fat freddy
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I am Neil Lennon.

we are all neil lennon...well,someone had to say it

taking the topic into murkier waters , i was on kickback last week and there was a thread with ewen cameron putting himself up for target practise from the regulars...he posts under the name of 'hearts through and through' and it appears that he regulary goes online to take whatever is thrown at him....they dont hold back either but he seems quite content to take the knocks and he just answers the abuse with the same self depricating manner that he used so effectively when confronted by angry old firmers on his real rough radio phone in.

MSK
08-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Showing your age fella, were you on the rig? :-)Was indeed Davy ..:agree:

Andy74
08-06-2011, 07:27 AM
That was it.

He went through what a few others had to do at that time (John O'Neill, off the top of my head) because they had a pay as you play clause in their contract after so many games.

It was a shame their Hibs careers ended like that as they were part of an excellent team but in hindsight, although it was rough on the players, it was a masterstroke from Petrie to put such clauses in their contracts as an insurance policy against dips in form or, as what ultimately happened, the ar5e falling out of Scottish Football finances.

Wasn't Petrie just lucky with the land and the golden generation? Don't think that thinking ahead and taking action people didn't agree with at the time had an part to play at all?!