PDA

View Full Version : Media Could Rod be away by next week?

PaulSmith
05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
I see that he is nominated as vice president of the Scottish FA, now I'm sure this is a FT role as it's the one that Campbell Ogilvie left Hearts to join (he's only nomination for president btw) this leaving his current role vacant.

R'Albin
05-06-2011, 08:13 AM
So has he actually been given the role then? Interesting.

PaulSmith
05-06-2011, 08:19 AM
So has he actually been given the role then? Interesting.

Only nominated at this stage and iirc there are three others in the running as well

cad
05-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Was this no a problem between Farmer and Rod before ,Sir Tom wanted him totally commited to him and Hibs .

Antifa Hibs
05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Good luck SFA Chiefs.

He'll have them bringing their own flasks of tea and biscuits for meetings and the only expenses will be a £2.20 day ticket for the 39 bus!

Wembley67
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Was this no a problem between Farmer and Rod before ,Sir Tom wanted him totally commited to him and Hibs .

Pretty sure there was...

BEEJ
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Wonder if this announcement by the club back on 18 April prepares the way for such a move?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110418/club-update_2262950_2341639

:dunno:

Hibbyradge
05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Good luck SFA Chiefs.

He'll have them bringing their own flasks of tea and biscuits for meetings and the only expenses will be a £2.20 day ticket for the 39 bus!

Maybe.

Or maybe he'll get them to rebuild Hampden and create a national training facility.

Antifa Hibs
05-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Maybe.

Or maybe he'll get them to rebuild Hampden and create a national training facility.

Nae chance.

The china will be sold to the highest bidder and replaced with a £3.50 tea set from the poundshoap.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Nae chance.

The china will be sold to the highest bidder and replaced with a £3.50 tea set from the poundshoap.

I'd agree with that. Wouldn't you?

Kaiser1962
05-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe.

Much needed :greengrin

The OF would love this as well. The Tache in charge! The PR staff would have their work cut out to present the Rodster in any media friendly way whatsoever.

He's been at Hibs a while and, IMHO, has done a great job but has he not been winding down a bit lately and delegating tasks to others. I would be sorry to see him go but you have to ask does he need the hastle anymore? How old is he? I have tried to google him but nobody seems to know how old he is?

greenginger
05-06-2011, 08:52 AM
There is nothing to stop Rod continuing his current role at Hibs and being SFA vice president, in fact you have to be Club Director to be an SFA Councilor in the first place.

Vice President is really just getting to know the SFA "system" and if successful in his bid will become SFA President in four years time.

Tommy Younger was the last Hibs Director to become President of the SFA.

Mibbes Aye
05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Much needed :greengrin

The OF would love this as well. The Tache in charge! The PR staff would have their work cut out to present the Rodster in any media friendly way whatsoever.

He's been at Hibs a while and, IMHO, has done a great job but has he not been winding down a bit lately and delegating tasks to others. I would be sorry to see him go but you have to ask does he need the hastle anymore? How old is he? I have tried to google him but nobody seems to know how old he is?

Very little information exists about RP. As for how old he is, no one is sure. Some say he has walked amongst people for centuries, in various guises.

A common theme of ancient folk tales from every corner of the globe is talk of a strange beast, half-man, half-moustache, who feeds on gold and repeats a mantra of 'incremental progression'.

scoopyboy
05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Wonder if this announcement by the club back on 18 April prepares the way for such a move?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110418/club-update_2262950_2341639

:dunno:

Good recall BEEJ.

Spike Mandela
05-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Very little information exists about RP. As for how old he is, no one is sure. Some say he has walked amongst people for centuries, in various guises.

A common theme of ancient folk tales from every corner of the globe is talk of a strange beast, half-man, half-moustache, who feeds on gold and repeats a mantra of 'incremental progression'.

:greengrin:top marks

ScottB
05-06-2011, 09:44 AM
How Ogilvie, a man who was in charge at Rangers and Hearts while both began payment policies that have resulted in HMRC investigations can be allowed to become President of the SFA is the worrying part for me!

ALF TUPPER
05-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Maybe he could blag us the Scottish Cup. Might be the only way we'll ever see it at Easties !! :greengrin

Beefster
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Maybe.

Scotland can't actually sell players to pay for it though, can they?

BEEJ is right though. That announcement very much paves the way for Rodders to withdraw.

The Falcon
05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Does Hibs net throw a party when he goes?

Things will be great once he does because he's the cause of all our problems. :rolleyes:

Beefster
05-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Things will be great once he does because he's the cause of all our problems. :rolleyes:

He's been in charge of Hibs for nigh on 14 years. You can pretty much guarantee that he's had a hand in most, if not, all of our problems. He's done some good things too.

Aside of my concerns about how the club could be doing a lot of non-footballing things better, one of my major issues with Rodders is how he is feted on here as some sort of an accounting wizard when, without the land and 'golden generation', we'd still be in the **** that resulted from spending that Rodders authorised in the first place.

Considering that Scott Lindsay seems to come across as 'Son of Rod' and the ownership won't be affected, I wouldn't expect much to change if/when Rodders goes though.

HFC 0-7
05-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Give it a rest

Allant1981
05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Is he not the 2nd highest shareholder at ER so it wont really matter what job he has he will still have a big say in what happens at hibs

The Falcon
05-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Give it a rest

Why? He gets the blame for loads of things by the mouthpieces on here who complain about everything and think that spending money (somebody else's mind) is the answer.

There was a thread on here the other day about income and wages and about how we do but the big mouths were missing because it didn't fit their agenda.

You will be pleased to hear I am gone from here. I will support the club next season as usual and you can bitch and whinge and moan like a wee lassie without doing anything about it. If you want to change it you buy the club, form a "coalition of the whingers" and get it done.

BoltonHibee
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Is he not the 2nd highest shareholder at ER so it wont really matter what job he has he will still have a big say in what happens at hibs

Minority shareholders have no say in the business. 10% shareholding gives Rod no say. He would only realise it's worth if it was bought off him or the business was sold

Kaiser1962
05-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Why? He gets the blame for loads of things by the mouthpieces on here who complain about everything and think that spending money (somebody else's mind) is the answer.

There was a thread on here the other day about income and wages and about how we do but the big mouths were missing because it didn't fit their agenda.

You will be pleased to hear I am gone from here. I will support the club next season as usual and you can bitch and whinge and moan like a wee lassie without doing anything about it. If you want to change it you buy the club, form a "coalition of the whingers" and get it done.

And breathe........

Dont take it too seriously. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
05-06-2011, 08:49 PM

Possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on here :greengrin

Did Hibs far more good than bad but it's probably best for both parties if he moved on.

Allant1981
05-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Minority shareholders have no say in the business. 10% shareholding gives Rod no say. He would only realise it's worth if it was bought off him or the business was sold

i didnt realise it was as little as 10%, i always thought he had quite a big share

Bobo
06-06-2011, 06:17 AM

:greengrin

I think Rod's done a great job for us by ensuring that we'll be around for years to come no matter how good or bad the product on the park may be at the moment. At least my grandchildren will have the opportunity to see Hibs play in 10 or 20 years time .... not so sure that can be said with any real assertion about the scruffy mob across town or a few other teams for that matter.

By the way Rod was born in 1956 and was 55 in April. :agree:

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-06-2011, 06:29 AM

I heard that if you look in the mirror and say "Rod Petrie" 3 times he will appear and sort out your bank statements

Kaiser1962
06-06-2011, 06:31 AM

I think Rod's done a great job for us by ensuring that we'll be around for years to come no matter how good or bad the product on the park may be at the moment. At least my grandchildren will have the opportunity to see Hibs play in 10 or 20 years time .... not so sure that can be said with any real assertion about the scruffy mob across town or a few other teams for that matter.

And that, to me at least, is the most important statistic by far.

Luna_Asylum
06-06-2011, 07:10 AM

We are living in strange times when mere survival can be viewed as an achievment. We need a song about our balance sheet.

Beefster
06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
We are living in strange times when mere survival can be viewed as an achievment. We need a song about our balance sheet.

There are Chairmen and Chief Executives all over Scotland who have managed to keep their clubs going. Astonishing for such a small nation.

Edit: I still maintain John Park was more important to the 'survival' of Hibs than Rodders.

WindyMiller
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM

You only have 10 tornadoes in your signature!

Kaiser1962
06-06-2011, 08:40 AM

Considering we nearly went out of existence I would say it is.
And no we dont need a song about our balance sheet cos its not that great. :asshole:

There are Chairmen and Chief Executives all over Scotland who have managed to keep their clubs going. Astonishing for such a small nation.

Edit: I still maintain John Park was more important to the 'survival' of Hibs than Rodders.

At great personal expense in a lot of cases Beefster.

And I agree about John Park.

MrSmith
06-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Donald Park in my book! Simply because John Park inherited the lads from all the hard work Donald put in. Hence the reason Donald is now with the SFA in a major role as Head of Coach Education.

Gingertosser
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I see that he is nominated as vice president of the Scottish FA, now I'm sure this is a FT role as it's the one that Campbell Ogilvie left Hearts to join (he's only nomination for president btw) this leaving his current role vacant.

You couldn't make that up...
We have just asked for FIFA to cancel last weeks nominations because they only had one candidate, and less than one week later we do the same....only the SFA

vanNISHtelroy
06-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Much loved (and worshiped) Killie chairman Michael Johnstone is on the four man shortlist too! :greengrin

Andy74
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
You couldn't make that up...
We have just asked for FIFA to cancel last weeks nominations because they only had one candidate, and less than one week later we do the same....only the SFA

I think the request was due to the allegations/investigations at the time of the election, not due to the fact there was only one candidate.

Bobo
06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
You only have 10 tornadoes in your signature!

Well done, I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice :greengrin

Shaedler's missing, I still need to add him in, but will get round to it later.

--------
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
He's been in charge of Hibs for nigh on 14 years. You can pretty much guarantee that he's had a hand in most, if not, all of our problems. He's done some good things too.

Aside of my concerns about how the club could be doing a lot of non-footballing things better, one of my major issues with Rodders is how he is feted on here as some sort of an accounting wizard when, without the land and 'golden generation', we'd still be in the **** that resulted from spending that Rodders authorised in the first place.

Considering that Scott Lindsay seems to come across as 'Son of Rod' and the ownership won't be affected, I wouldn't expect much to change if/when Rodders goes though.

:agree:

Can't see much changing until the ownership changes hands. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM

:agree:

Greentinted
06-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Much loved (and worshiped) Killie chairman Michael Johnstone is on the four man shortlist too! :greengrin

Maybe they could jobshare! :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I worry about the state of the Scottish game if MJ is one of the four best people for that job.

Although he does have no interest in football, so maybe that is a good thing!

HibbyRod
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM

:applause: :hilarious

Thanks for the laugh you gave me on a crappy Monday afternoon. :top marks

WindyMiller
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Well done, I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice :greengrin

Shaedler's missing, I still need to add him in, but will get round to it later.

:confused:

Cropley10
06-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Sorry to hear you're leaving. But probably best for all concerned IMHO

Unfortunately I don't think the Club is in way for sale.

silverhibee
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM

And Donald Park.

The Falcon
06-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry to hear you're leaving. But probably best for all concerned IMHO

Unfortunately I don't think the Club is in way for sale.

And you waited all that time for a cheap shot. Man up.

Another one at STF as well. You cant help yourself.

Bobo
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
:confused:

Sorry Windy, confused myselfas well, I meant Stanton :doh: fixed it now.

BoltonHibee
07-06-2011, 03:08 PM
RP got the gig then as the 2nd Vice President....

Cheshire Hibee
07-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Did he negotiate a decent fee for the club or is he just lining his own pockets? :wink:

Luna_Asylum
08-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Does it mean cos he has got the new job that he will be more busy so that he will spend less time time on Hibs that his directors fees will reduce enabling us to pay more on player wages which nobody knows because despite having a host of accountants on board remains a secret?

down the slope
08-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Does it mean cos he has got the new job that he will be more busy so that he will spend less time time on Hibs that his directors fees will reduce enabling us to pay more on player wages which nobody knows because despite having a host of accountants on board remains a secret?

I find it strange that he has time to break off from negotiating with agents to fanny off to Glasgow for the big meeting yesterday or maybe that just speaks volumes as to the level of any club business.