PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bougherra Shafts Huns!!

Gettin' Auld
05-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Looks like he's using the same rule as Webster did to escape the last year of his contract!

:tee hee:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Madjid-Bougherra-invokes-39Webster-Ruling39.6779814.jp

R'Albin
05-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks like he's using the same rule as Webster did to escape the last year of his contract!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Madjid-Bougherra-invokes-39Webster-Ruling39.6779814.jp

What a hero:thumbsup:

Beefster
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
If and when this happens to Hibs - and we lose out on millions - it won't be so funny. Far too much power to players today.

3pm
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
They won't like that.

hibiedude
05-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Makes sense for the player, Rangers get 1 million from Bougherra and the player gets 3 Million for his services elsewhere.

it's normaly Rangers shafting everyone else. :greengrin

3pm
05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
If and when this happens to Hibs - and we lose out on millions - it won't be so funny. Far too much power to players today.

Is that not one of the reasons we dish out (a lot of) 2 year contracts? Don't think that rule can be applied for shorter deals. If they are decent we'd renew then punt them.

I am maybe imagining that though!

down-the-slope
05-06-2011, 08:10 AM

:agree:...everyone has expectations on clubs which due to player power and demands can now rarely be met...they (or at least a large %)are bleeding the game

Gettin' Auld
05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
They won't like that.
Aye it's fair to say that they aren't too chuffed.
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=190423

Winston Ingram
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM

This. Though it's amusing that it is the Huns, this isn't good:agree:

iwasthere1972
05-06-2011, 08:18 AM
So does that mean that there's a club out there willing to pay the £1 million to Rangers (via Bougherra) and offer him more than the £20K a week that he earns playing for the huns?

On his way to the EPL I would guess?

I would prefer it if the huns got nothing but it's a good feeling to know that they are getting shafted. If getting shafted means receiving £1 million I wish it would happen to Hibs.

hibiedude
05-06-2011, 08:27 AM

I went to Open your link and got a VIRUS WARNING :greengrin

Beefster
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
So does that mean that there's a club out there willing to pay the £1 million to Rangers (via Bougherra) and offer him more than the £20K a week that he earns playing for the huns?

On his way to the EPL I would guess?

I would prefer it if the huns got nothing but it's a good feeling to know that they are getting shafted. If getting shafted means receiving £1 million I wish it would happen to Hibs.

I'm fairly sure it equates to the final year's wages so Hibs would never get anywhere near it.

Make no mistake, Brown and Thomson (and more) would have done this to Hibs if they were able. We would have lost out on about £6 million in that case.

Gettin' Auld
05-06-2011, 08:31 AM
I went to Open your link and got a VIRUS WARNING :greengrin
:thumbsup:
It's a fun read and that site obviously doesn't use a swear filter.

Kaiser1962
05-06-2011, 08:34 AM
:agree:...everyone has expectations on clubs which due to player power and demands can now rarely be met...they (or at least a large %)are bleeding the game

I dont think the % is even that large DTS. Thats only two in Scotland now who have went down this particular route, and two whose stock is pretty high. Contracts are getting to the stage of being pretty much pointless and as soon as someone wanting to move, but being denied by his club, goes to court the whole thing will come crashing down.

Good news for the top 2%. Bad news for the rest and horrendous news for the guy with the broken leg/ligament damage and expensive medical bill.

iwasthere1972
05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm fairly sure it equates to the final year's wages so Hibs would never get anywhere near it.

Make no mistake, Brown and Thomson (and more) would have done this to Hibs if they were able. We would have lost out on about £6 million in that case.

I was talking about the current crop of players but you're right that we wouldn't get anywhere near £1 million. £100K would be nearer the mark if the £1800 a week is to be believed.

BEEJ
05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
:agree: Couldn't agree more.

In terms of enforceability, player contracts don't appear to be worth the paper they're written on.

H18sry
05-06-2011, 10:53 AM
It's on this link aswell http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394427/Madjid-Bougherra-leave-Rangers.html

More concerned about the last paragraph tho Meanwhile, Rangers coach Ian Durrant was in Riga to watch striker Tomer Hemed — revealed by Sportsmail as an Ibrox signing target — in action in Israel’s 2-1 Euro qualifier victory against Latvia.

Keith_M
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I can't see this kind of thing affecting Hibs too much.

It applies only to players over the age of 28 and having already served two years of their current contract. Oh and most likely also with a new club waiting in the wings desperate for their services.

I'd be interested to know just how many Hibs players that would have applied to in the last 20 years where Hibs would genuinely have lost out.

So, in light of all that, get it up yous, Currant Buns! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
GIFRUY Sally Mcoist.

Hibbyradge
05-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Is that not one of the reasons we dish out (a lot of) 2 year contracts? Don't think that rule can be applied for shorter deals. If they are decent we'd renew then punt them.

I don't think you've thought that through. It wouldn't make sense to do that.

If we offered a player a 3 year deal, we'd get compensation if he did a Webster and left after 2 years.

If we give him a 2 year deal, and he's decent, he can leave and we get nothing.

H18sry
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM

It applies only to players over the age of 28 and having already served two years of their current contract. Oh and most likely also with a new club waiting in the wings desperate for their services.

I'd be interested to know just how many Hibs players that would have applied to in the last 20 years where Hibs would genuinely have lost out.

Webster was only 23 when he shat on the yams :wink:

The_Todd
05-06-2011, 12:25 PM

I don't agree. Imagine you wanted to leave your work, but couldn't because of your contract? Or if your employer made you buy out your own contract? It wouldn't happen in the "real world".

The fact that Bougherra has to stump up £1m just to be allowed to leave his employers suggests to me player's don't have too much power.

Players will always come and go, football clubs will outlive them all.

Beefster
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't agree. Imagine you wanted to leave your work, but couldn't because of your contract? Or if your employer made you buy out your own contract? It wouldn't happen in the "real world".

The fact that Bougherra has to stump up £1m just to be allowed to leave his employers suggests to me player's don't have too much power.

My contract has a notice period written into it and may have restrictions on who I can go and work for. I can't just get up and walk out otherwise I could be sued for breach of contract.

Imagine if clubs could start just terminating the contract of a seriously injured player? The players wouldn't be so keen for contracts to be worthless then.

moredun
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Lets say he doesnt give a jonathon and doesn't try a leg, he will still get paid full whack and they basically cannot sack him.
Players have all the power

Dirkster23
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM

It applies to players of all ages, rules slightly change once they reach 28 though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

Keith_M
05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
It applies to players of all ages, rules slightly change once they reach 28 though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

My apologies, I thought that was the current ruling, 28 and over only, cos it said it in the paper.

stokesmessiah
05-06-2011, 06:18 PM

I just contaminated myself by having a quick gander on there.

A lot of them are saying there is no way a club would sign someone that disloyal........are they thick??? They signed someone who the bloody ruling is now named after !!!!!!!!

Kaiser1962
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
My apologies, I thought that was the current ruling, 28 and over only, cos it said it in the paper.

Dont start believeing what you read Keekaboo or you truly are lost :greengrin

blueisthecolour
05-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Read the Daily express tomorrow.

Radium
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/251029/Madjid-Bougherra-denied-trying-to-engineer-Rangers-exit

iwasthere1972
06-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Ally McCoist on a spying trip. :hilarious

Why don't they just say he's away looking at other teams players instead of making it sound like he's joined the KGB.

SmokieJoe
11-06-2011, 01:40 AM

This would also reflect our view to signing many players around the early 20's