PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many so called Hibees want to post about hearts ?

Wellbankhibby
04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I thought this was a site for talk about anything to do with Hibs. i am not and have never been interested in talking about Hearts. I think as a Hibs fan we have more than enough issues to discuss about our own team. I read about some fans saying that we should not be so negative, for goodness sake we have one signing in the bag Ivan. I understand we should not sign anyone for the sake of it but we are always LAST out of the starting blocks. CC has had plenty of time to know who he wants to sign. I heard that Adam rooney was in talks with us but Hibs wouls not even pay him what cally thistle pay him, its a joke. I see very little to be positive about at this time and unless Cc and the board unearth 3 or 4 gems we will struggle again next season. I am used to seeing hibs play attractive flowing attacking football and this has been missing lately. I would like to go on holiday feeling optimistic about our chances of finishing near the topof the SPL next season unfortunately I cant see any progress at all down Easter Road way. Please CC and the board get some good talent signed up and give the long suffering true supporters of this GREAT club something to shout about. :flag:

Bishop Hibee
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I thought this was a site for talk about anything to do with Hibs. i am not and have never been interested in talking about Hearts. I think as a Hibs fan we have more than enough issues to discuss about our own team. I read about some fans saying that we should not be so negative, for goodness sake we have one signing in the bag Ivan. I understand we should not sign anyone for the sake of it but we are always LAST out of the starting blocks. CC has had plenty of time to know who he wants to sign. I heard that Adam rooney was in talks with us but Hibs wouls not even pay him what cally thistle pay him, its a joke. I see very little to be positive about at this time and unless Cc and the board unearth 3 or 4 gems we will struggle again next season. I am used to seeing hibs play attractive flowing attacking football and this has been missing lately. I would like to go on holiday feeling optimistic about our chances of finishing near the topof the SPL next season unfortunately I cant see any progress at all down Easter Road way. Please CC and the board get some good talent signed up and give the long suffering true supporters of this GREAT club something to shout about. :flag:

I count 5 out of 41 on the front page of the MB. Don't see that as too many especially given the great land swindle they are trying to pull off. That would make the tram fiasco seem like a beacon of good management.

Wellbankhibby
04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I count 5 out of 41 on the front page of the MB. Don't see that as too many especially given the great land swindle they are trying to pull off. That would make the tram fiasco seem like a beacon of good management.

I still maintain WHY would you want to talk about them on a Hibs site and before you go on that its a free world yes it is and yes your entitled to post what you want but I REALLY DONT SEE WHY ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS THEM

Sherlock Jones
04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought this was a site for talk about anything to do with Hibs.

The tagline for the Main Forum is "The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general."

Saorsa
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Lets talk about what's happening at Easter Road then......

........The End

soupy
04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I still maintain WHY would you want to talk about them on a Hibs site and before you go on that its a free world yes it is and yes your entitled to post what you want but I REALLY DONT SEE WHY ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS THEM

Just as a matter of interest why did you start start a thread involving hearts????? :)

hibiedude
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
The tagline for the Main Forum is "The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general."

Totally agree with your reply

That two threads saying we can't be negative about Hibs, now this one saying we can't talk about Hearts.

What's happening to this site.... Let the fans make their own minds up what to post.

The reason I talk about Hearts is because it takes my thoughts away from our own mess down Easter Road way.

Wellbankhibby
04-06-2011, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;2820483]Lets talk about what's happening at Easter Road then......

I have supported Hibs for 40 years and have seen some great teams some moderate teams and some poor teams. As a business we are probably doing resonably well after the shananagins with mercer take over bids all these years ago. Its good RP has us on an even keel as we never want to be in that position again. We have brilliant up to date training facilities now so another plus. What we dont have is a decent team on the park and anyone can see this. The sad thing is we cant even attract players. Steven thompson signs for St Mirren before us. You all know the talent that we have sold over the Years we could be world beaters with the players we sold. Ok I understand we have had to keep the books balanced and we have a fantasic ground now but the time to invest in on the park is now before the fans drift away and we are fighting relegation again. although CC changed the team around please remember we didnt win one game in the bottom six. To me that spells real danger for us this season unless we get a winning team on the park as well as a team who will battle for each other and give us all something to cheer about and a club we can be proud of once again.

Wellbankhibby
04-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Just as a matter of interest why did you start start a thread involving hearts????? :)

I started the thread about them in order that People might stop talking about them.

Greentinted
04-06-2011, 10:50 AM
This place is the modern equivalent of having a blether about stuff wi yer pals.

I may well be wrong, but I would imagine fans of most football clubs are oft wont to discuss the limitations of their main rivals in various alternative settings. Why would this discursive platform be any different?

Jack
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
It’s a Hibs forum where likeminded people get together to discuss all things football. Hearts have a loose association with football. :agree:

marinello59
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
I started the thread about them in order that People might stop talking about them.

:faf: Superb.

Wellbankhibby
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Totally agree with your reply

That two threads saying we can't be negative about Hibs, now this one saying we can't talk about Hearts.

What's happening to this site.... Let the fans make their own minds up what to post.

The reason I talk about Hearts is because it takes my thoughts away from our own mess down Easter Road way.
If you dont mind me saying what a stupid comment you have made. yes if you read my comment i said people have the right to post what they want to I SAID WHY would you want to talk about them. They mean absolutly nothing to Me.

Greentinted
04-06-2011, 10:56 AM
If you dont mind me saying what a stupid comment you have made. yes if you read my comment i said people have the right to post what they want to I SAID WHY would you want to talk about them. They mean absolutly nothing to Me.

So present conversation excepted, you have never discussed anything to do with Hearts in your life? Never? Ever?

Fair enough. Bit insular but each to their own.

iwasthere1972
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM

The titles in most threads sort of give it away that it's about the Yams. If you don't want to read them then you don't have to. There's plenty other non Yam threads that you can read and take part in. Besides where else would we get our daily laugh from.

Love live the Yam threads.

marinello59
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM
So present conversation excepted, you have never discussed anything to do with Hearts in your life? Never? Ever?

Fair enough. Bit insular but each to their own.

Will you stop mentioning Hearts. I've mentioned them once but i think I got away with it. :greengrin

The Harp
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM

Surely it's all part of football rivalry. In addition to supporting your own team it's always good to revel in your rival's misfortune (there couldnae be anything more unfortunate than to be a Yam :devil:).
I've no objection to threads about the Yams as long as all the comments made are negative, insulting, derogatory, bigoted etc. :wink:

Greentinted
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Will you stop mentioning Hearts. I've mentioned them once but i think I got away with it. :greengrin

Who they? :confused: :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM

:hmmm:

Because they are our SO CALLED oldest rivals? Perhaps an open letter is needed:dunno:

R'Albin
04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;2820483]Lets talk about what's happening at Easter Road then......

I have supported Hibs for 40 years and have seen some great teams some moderate teams and some poor teams. As a business we are probably doing resonably well after the shananagins with mercer take over bids all these years ago. Its good RP has us on an even keel as we never want to be in that position again. We have brilliant up to date training facilities now so another plus. What we dont have is a decent team on the park and anyone can see this. The sad thing is we cant even attract players. Steven thompson signs for St Mirren before us. You all know the talent that we have sold over the Years we could be world beaters with the players we sold. Ok I understand we have had to keep the books balanced and we have a fantasic ground now but the time to invest in on the park is now before the fans drift away and we are fighting relegation again. although CC changed the team around please remember we didnt win one game in the bottom six. To me that spells real danger for us this season unless we get a winning team on the park as well as a team who will battle for each other and give us all something to cheer about and a club we can be proud of once again.

Another one we've missed out on!:grr:

:greengrin

MyJo
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Maybe its just me but have they started installing computers in "special schools" now with hibs.net set as the homepage.

Barney McGrew
05-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Start a thread talking about them so we all stop talking about them. That's clearly the way forward :agree:

I just wonder why no-one thought of it before.

lapsedhibee
05-06-2011, 07:27 AM
I am used to seeing hibs play attractive flowing attacking football and this has been missing lately.

Oh aye, me too. Year in year out over the last 40 years. :hmmm:

SolentHibee
05-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I imagine some Hibs fans are able to multitask and think about two things at once e.g. Hibs and hearts, and they might want to talk on this board about them.

The threads about not discussing the yams pop up now and again so it must be really bothering some supporters, or have I misinterpreted it and this is actually another Uberfan thread. Those are the ones that usually start with a title containing the 'so-called Hibeees' phrase.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh aye, me too. Year in year out over the last 40 years. :hmmm:

Yep, most of the teams I have seen have played with flair, and have reminded me of Holland or Brazil with their swashbuckling style. FACT

Still its good that we have the training ground, and I'm glad that SOMEONE has noticed that we have a new stand, but no team on the pitch. It's time we stopped being bitter about Hearts and talking about them, and started to BE LIKE them!

We know where they live.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Given how truly massive Hearts are, I am not sure that it is practical not to discuss them? In fact, I don't understand why the first news item after the bong on News at Ten isn't related to this all encompassing true giant of world football.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Long time Hibs netter David Southern writes:

No one has more right to call themselves Hbbies than the contributors to this board. By which I mean, we have more right to call ourselves Hibbies than anyone else, er.....

It's not that we spend a lot of time talking about Hearts, it's just that we don't spend a lot of time not talking about them.

(((Fergus)))
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Sorry, who are we not talking about again?

nonshinyfinish
05-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't think anybody should be allowed to post about anything. Ever.

The_Todd
05-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Because at the moment we have sod all else to talk about.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Had to have a wee chuckle at this!

Beefster
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Before this thread, the poster discussed anything on the site at the rate of about one post every two or three weeks. I'm not sure he's qualified to be criticising the discussions on here. It would be a bit like me criticising the folk that don't buy STs, if I wasn't buying an ST myself.

Ollie Reed
05-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Because an ugly git like me, who then sees anything written about Hearts, gets reminded that I'm actually nowhere near as ugly as any Jambo there's ever been.

Broken Gnome
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Because by and large we both obsess about each other obsessing over each other.

Reaper
05-06-2011, 12:46 PM
In response to the original Thread, if you dinnae want to talk about them don't. No one says you have to become involved in every thread started on the board. Why just not excercise YOUR right to freedom of speech by staying silent on any matters you do not wish to discuss??? Would that not be easier than harranging other users and setting yoursel up for some wind ups???

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
In response to the original Thread, if you dinnae want to talk about them don't. No one says you have to become involved in every thread started on the board. Why just not excercise YOUR right to freedom of speech by staying silent on any matters you do not wish to discuss??? Would that not be easier than harranging other users and setting yoursel up for some wind ups???

I'd rather not say.

fat freddy
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Similar to the General who said,''It was neccessary to destroy the town to save the town''

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2011, 12:53 PM

Not only have you made a bit of a tit of yourself, you've also spectacularly outed yourself as a Jambo.

When you post about them in defensive mode and then launch an all out, over the top, attack to convince us of your Hibee staunchness.....it kinda reeks.

And to answer your post, we talk about them because they're funny. Yes they finished higher than us, yes they're unbeaten against us for a few games and yes they've made signings already this season - but they're still a vile, despicable, bigoted institution who provide us with plenty of chuckles thanks to their crass poppy-watching, World War Winning proclamations, hysterically huge debt, bonkers wage costs and the sheer delusion of all that is connected to them.

Simple.

franco
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Not only have you made a bit of a tit of yourself, you've also spectacularly outed yourself as a Jambo.

When you post about them in defensive mode and then launch an all out, over the top, attack to convince us of your Hibee staunchness.....it kinda reeks.

And to answer your post, we talk about them because they're funny. Yes they finished higher than us, yes they're unbeaten against us for a few games and yes they've made signings already this season - but they're still a vile, despicable, bigoted institution who provide us with plenty of chuckles thanks to their crass poppy-watching, World War Winning proclamations, hysterically huge debt, bonkers wage costs and the sheer delusion of all that is connected to them.

Simple.

He is defo not a jambo mate hes been going to easter rd before you were thought of i should know hes my brother.

R'Albin
05-06-2011, 04:04 PM
He is defo not a jambo mate hes been going to easter rd before you were thought of i should know hes my brother.

LTYF!:greengrin

franco
05-06-2011, 04:42 PM
:wink:
LTYF!:greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-06-2011, 05:18 PM

:greengrin I didn't get to where I am today by mentioning Hearts.

Wellbankhibby
05-06-2011, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=Pedantic_Hibee;2821376]Not only have you made a bit of a tit of yourself, you've also spectacularly outed yourself as a Jambo.

This is the last post I will ever make on this site. As for you personally you could never compete with me at the amount of times i have seen hibs. One thing i would say to you Please dont call me a Jambo you Clown, you have the right name Padantic is your first name Dick you twat. You are certainly not a true Hibs Fan As a club we can do without so called supporters like you. I used to sit at every home game listning to people like you shouting their mouths off. Its a pity you dont think before you open your big gob.

Bostonhibby
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Pedantic_Hibee;2821376]Not only have you made a bit of a tit of yourself, you've also spectacularly outed yourself as a Jambo.

This is the last post I will ever make on this site. As for you personally you could never compete with me at the amount of times i have seen hibs. One thing i would say to you Please dont call me a Jambo you Clown, you have the right name Padantic is your first name Dick you twat. You are certainly not a true Hibs Fan As a club we can do without so called supporters like you. I used to sit at every home game listning to people like you shouting their mouths off. Its a pity you dont think before you open your big gob.

Pity its come to this, I hate to be pedantic but he's not padantic.......

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 05:26 PM

:dummytit:

Slam the door as you leave.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
This seems to be a prime example of a between the seasons post, where there is no World Cup or Euro's to post about. Don't see it going anywhere positve and it would appear to be as helpful as a self-harm brochure. Time for lock down maybe?

jabis
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM

:top marks

you can't read that post enough :not worth

fat freddy
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM

A similar sentence was uttered by myself when i was accused of being a jambo on another hibs forum....my crime being to use the term 'hearts' when refering to the deluded fools over at gorgie...after much spluttering i transfered myself over to this place and i haven't looked back since...the secret to not being accused of jamboism on a hibs website is to refer to them as vermin and disown any friends of a maroon persuasion...it was a bit difficult at first with the wife but she's gradually got used to being called a rat (i toned down the vermin rule for her in the interest of family harmony)...A working knowledge of banking practises in Lithuania is also helpful as is a basic understanding of building codes of practise in the Dalry/Gorgie area (an asbestos removal diploma is optional but it can be viewed in a suspicious light if you dont at least know the basic guidelines on this most important football issue)...other than that, just type 'tick tock' at the end of every paragraph and your hibs credentials will be safe for life.

Ed De Gramo
05-06-2011, 06:47 PM
hmmm....:taxi:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2011, 07:06 PM

And that concludes the case for the prosecution!!!! :taxi

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I did try to fathom what he was on about but given that he'd quoted me and then simply added on to what I'd written without a break in play, I simply gave up.

However, from what I did pick up, am I Dick Padantic or Dick Hibee? :confused:

And no, they don't have to be referred to as "vermin", "yams" or whatever else. I refer to them as "Hearts" 9 times out of 10. I don't laugh at their name, I laugh at almost everything else about them.

Now beat it.

HNA6
05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Think the point has been well lost on this thread & it is becoming a free for all ..

Thread closed ..