PDA

View Full Version : Guess how many new signings before the new season?

spike220
04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Guess how many new signings before the new season?

How many, new Signings (New players to Hibs)?
and
How many, new contracts for current squad members?

I will kick it off with my prediction:

1. Four new to hibs signings me thinks.
2. Two new contracts offered to current squad members

GGTTH

spike220
04-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I have no objection to this being turned into a poll!

steakbake
04-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Five. Sproule included.

spike220
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Five. Sproule included.

Well that is really four as well then.:greengrin

Franck is God
04-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I think now that Riordan & Miller have gone and Stack has signed up for another year along with Stevenson & Welsh leaving only Dickoh to make up his mind means that we will make 5/6 signings.

1. Sproule
2. Towell (permanent or at least a season long loan)
3. Adam Rooney?
4. New CH
5. New CH if Dickoh leaves
6. Vaz Te or equivalent

It will give us a young squad with potential rather than an aging team with nothing in reserve, basically what we had when Mowbray arrived.

GK - Stack, Brown, Divis

Def - Towell?, Dickoh?, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Murray, Taggart, New CH?

Mid - Spoony, Palsson, Thornhill, Scott, Stevenson, De Graff, Welsh

Str - Sodje, Sproule, Galbraith, Rooney?, Vaz Te?

spike220
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I think now that Riordan & Miller have gone and Stack has signed up for another year along with Stevenson & Welsh leaving only Dickoh to make up his mind means that we will make 5/6 signings.

1. Sproule
2. Towell (permanent or at least a season long loan)
3. Adam Rooney?
4. New CH
5. New CH if Dickoh leaves
6. Vaz Te or equivalent

It will give us a young squad with potential rather than an aging team with nothing in reserve, basically what we had when Mowbray arrived.

GK - Stack, Brown, Divis

Def - Towell?, Dickoh?, Stephens, Hanlon, Booth, Murray, Taggart, New CH?

Mid - Spoony, Palsson, Thornhill, Scott, Stevenson, De Graff, Welsh

Str - Sodje, Sproule, Galbraith, Rooney?, Vaz Te?

I like your logic and can agree with most of that. The key thing determining it imho will be what happens with Vaz Te and Dickoh.

steakbake
04-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I like your logic and can agree with most of that. The key thing determining it imho will be what happens with Vaz Te and Dickoh.

Bugger it. I didnt factor in new contracts. In that case 7.

spike220
04-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Perhaps I need to edit the orginal post for clarity.

We will ask people for

1. New Signings (New players to Hibs)
and
2. New contracts for current squad members

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
I think we will make four signings before the season starts. Of that four, two will be players that have not played for us before.

BEEJ
04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Guess how many new signings before the new season?

How many, new Signings (New players to Hibs)?
and
How many, new contracts for current squad members?

I will kick it off with my prediction:

1. Four new to hibs signings me thinks.
2. Two new contracts offered to current squad members

GGTTH
Taking the second part of the question first, my guess is that only one new contract will be offered to and accepted by an existing squad member - Vaz Te.

That would bring the current squad size to 23, just one short of CC's stated target of 24. :eek: So without some more departures, it would seem that we would only have two new signings this summer - Sproule and one other.

What might be the options for departures?

Divis - only on loan and to have three keepers in a squad of 20 seems like overkill.
Hart - often suggested as a candidate for moving on but one of the highest paid at ER with a year still on his contract; that would be an expensive separation for the club and would take a serious dent out of CC's budget for the year.
De Graaf - same situation as Hart but seems determined to stay and prove what he can do.
Youngsters - if CC is looking to free up spaces in his 24 man squad, one of the younger players might unfortunately be an easier candidate for moving on.

So on the basis that there are a couple more departures and / or CC's net figure (after loaning out players) of '20' edges up to '21', I can see a further three new faces arriving in addition to Sproule.

(None of this takes account of whether any of the current U-19 squad might follow in Crawford's footsteps and graduate to the full squad this summer.)

nonshinyfinish
04-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Four new players (including Sproule), three renewed contracts and two hundred thousand players 'missed out on'.