PDA

View Full Version : (YAMS) "No club more deserves the right to fly the union flag"

Hibs07p
04-06-2011, 06:34 AM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/39Irrelevant39-Ulster-flags-discouraged-at.6779464.jp

What starts of in the right vein regarding banning of certain flags, they spoil it all with that pish!

hibsbollah
04-06-2011, 06:41 AM
'sterile zones'. Very appropriate.

steakbake
04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Don't (forget to) mention the war.

Mon Dieu4
04-06-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm surprised they havent made a Team Yam movie like Team America, when they show us how they saved the world on their own yet :faf:

soupy
04-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hibs07p
04-06-2011, 07:23 AM
It looks like an appeal to the huns with bus fares to defect to the huns without bus fares.

Ringothedog
04-06-2011, 07:31 AM
My concern is that they actually believe this. It would appear that from the very top of their sad little club down to the vermin that inhabit their stands there is the belief that they single handedly won the 1st world war. They cannot get it through their thick skulls that every family in Britain had somebody who enlisted to fight back then. When a statement like southerns is made all it does is perpetuate the problems that are raising themselves at PBS. i.e anti-catholicism, racism etc

The sooner that bigoted, sectarian club disappears the better for everybody concerned.

Northfield Hibby
04-06-2011, 07:48 AM
My concern is that they actually believe this. It would appear that from the very top of their sad little club down to the vermin that inhabit their stands there is the belief that they single handedly won the 1st world war. They cannot get it through their thick skulls that every family in Britain had somebody who enlisted to fight back then. When a statement like southerns is made all it does is perpetuate the problems that are raising themselves at PBS. i.e anti-catholicism, racism etc

The sooner that bigoted, sectarian club disappears the better for everybody concerned.

I haven't posted on this forum for about a year, but had to reply to this, well said sir!!!:thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
04-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Classless munters! What's it with Huns and mini-Huns pretending the World Wars were some sort of protestant/loyalist victory now anyway? Very cheap for them to try and point score over the lives of brave people the current inbreds at Tynecastle have nothing in common with.

Ringothedog
04-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Classless munters! What's it with Huns and mini-Huns pretending the World Wars were some sort of protestant/loyalist victory now anyway? Very cheap for them to try and point score over the lives of brave people the current inbreds at Tynecastle have nothing in common with.

Agreed, My family had one who was killed,his name is on the memorial in St Pats, his father was arrested as an "alien" and died in an internment camp.
It has nothing to do with a protestant/loyalist "thing",although they think it does , they are a sad bunch of classless losers who will hang their hats onto anything that makes them feel superiour to their "papish" neighbours.

**** I hate them with a vengance.

Brizo
04-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Hertz are a club who have lost their Scottish and Edinburgh identity through the dictatorship of mad Vlad and his Lithuanian franchise. Desparately scrabbling about to find a local identity theyve played up their WW1 contribution to the max which too often morphs into a distasteful display of Loyalist triumphalism in the hands of their substantial diet hun element.

Youve got to hand it to Vlad. He knows he can dismantle the club at will as long as he keeps the lemmings on side with regular mentions of WW1 and permission to indulge in last night of the proms flag displays.

Dunbar Hibee
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
****in ****

marinello59
04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
That is quite frankly an unbelievably crass, ill informed and deluded statement to make. Tosser.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Agreed, My family had one who was killed,his name is on the memorial in St Pats, his father was arrested as an "alien" and died in an internment camp.
It has nothing to do with a protestant/loyalist "thing",although they think it does , they are a sad bunch of classless losers who will hang their hats onto anything that makes them feel superiour to their "papish" neighbours.

:agree: Done quite a bit of what I like to think is unbiased research into the footballing Macraes connection because I am interested from a social history angle, Have read other related books but I think that Macraes Battalion by Jack Alexander helps put the Hearts rather selfish and inward looking claims into context.

From the Average Yam point of view it starts quite well as on the front cover there is indeed a picture of a player sitting with a ball in front of him with Hearts FC written on it. As your average plum doesn't do words or reading the front cover may be proof positive as far as they are concerned.

However it is fair to say that ANY number of clubs could have been put in the same position and they are certainly entitled to make the same general claims that the Yammish do on exactly the same basis. History and the regiments archive tends to support this and as the author says

" The history of the 16th Battalion during the First World War. 16 RS was also known as the Heart of Midlothian Battalion as many football players joined it. In fact 75 Clubs contributed members"

This is the chronicle of a group of brave people who joined to fight for their country, many of them happened to be footballers.

Looking beyond the self serving hijacking of their memories that has only recently occured and going back to the time where men were joining up for war, it was common for groups of men who worked together (whatever their trade) or from the same villages / areas to join up together. Records show that they enlisted in groups at the same time, to stay together and fight together with friends around them in awful times.

This is what happened here and I simply do not believe that any one group of football fans has any more right to celebrate their bravery than any other Scot generally, or other relative of the fallen who happens not to support Hearts.

Anyone looking in at Scottish football culture generally over the last couple of years in particular would have to see the spin they put on this one as jaw dropping tribalism for its own sake.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
The Union flag can be viewed as the symbol held onto by an insular and conceited group, who believe they have massive influence and position, but others on the outside think they need a dose of reality. On that basis, it is hard to disagree that no one deserves to fly it more than those at Tynie.

poolman
04-06-2011, 10:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

:tee hee:

aberhibsfc
04-06-2011, 10:16 AM
What a world, I do question some of the Rangers and Hearts fannies reason for waving these, however other than our Saltire or Lion Rampant, the Union Jack belongs as much to Scotland as any other UK nation.

It is pandering, it's pc going to far when you can't display your countries national flag. Personally my view is the Saltire, but while part of the UK the UJ is ours, not some bigoted ramblers.

Crikey, at Euro's, WC's, even when Scotland's not there, you see the Saltire draped over some advertising board. It's a powerful and proud symbol of our identity, not a blooming weapon.

Where do they stop, do they ban us from taking G&W saltires into ER, just incase, or all the hand crafted fan club flags.

Go after the bigots etc, flag waving should not be offensive to anyone, we're supposed to be part of a European community etc, there's meant to be more understanding in this world, sometimes I think we are going back the way and the nanny state takes grip further.

Offensive material, behaviour, chants, net abuse etc needs to leave these times but flags, get a grip.

We can't be trusted with guns, ok we are not America, but it feels like we are losing some of our liberties when we can't weild a bamboo stick with a bit of cotton on the end. Unless the flag bearers can eminate offensive morse code and the opposition able to decipher, unless they adorned abusive material. Rather than go after this easy and meaningless target, go after the real problem, those that huddle in the comfort of each others menace and numbers and pile out the abuse. I'm not interested in this 90 min bigotry either, bigotry is bigotry no matter how long it's indulged. There's no harm though in wanting to beat (at football) get the upper hand and make some humour at the expense of the opposition. Without banter, football would become a more sterile experience.

Bigotry no, offensive flags - no

Club flags / national flags, banter - yes

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2011, 10:24 AM

30,000+ irishmen fought and died in the wars for the crown (many non protestant). Do Hearts or Rangers care (or bother) to recognise that? They can stick it where the sun dont shine. Narrowminded clowns.

aberhibsfc
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
:agree: Done quite a bit of what I like to think is unbiased research into the footballing Macraes connection because I am interested from a social history angle, Have read other related books but I think that Macraes Battalion by Jack Alexander helps put the Hearts rather selfish and inward looking claims into context.

From the Average Yam point of view it starts quite well as on the front cover there is indeed a picture of a player sitting with a ball in front of him with Hearts FC written on it. As your average plum doesn't do words or reading the front cover may be proof positive as far as they are concerned.

However it is fair to say that ANY number of clubs could have been put in the same position and they are certainly entitled to make the same general claims that the Yammish do on exactly the same basis. History and the regiments archive tends to support this and as the author says

" The history of the 16th Battalion during the First World War. 16 RS was also known as the Heart of Midlothian Battalion as many football players joined it. In fact 75 Clubs contributed members"

This is the chronicle of a group of brave people who joined to fight for their country, many of them happened to be footballers.

Looking beyond the self serving hijacking of their memories that has only recently occured and going back to the time where men were joining up for war, it was common for groups of men who worked together (whatever their trade) or from the same villages / areas to join up together. Records show that they enlisted in groups at the same time, to stay together and fight together with friends around them in awful times.

This is what happened here and I simply do not believe that any one group of football fans has any more right to celebrate their bravery than any other Scot generally, or other relative of the fallen who happens not to support Hearts.

Anyone looking in at Scottish football culture generally over the last couple of years in particular would have to see the spin they put on this one as jaw dropping tribalism for its own sake.

:top marks

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I am regularly disgusted by those at parkhead, well for many reasons, but other than being more happy with an ancestory way back or never was and forgoing their Scottish Identity - McCarthy / McGeady case in point.

It really irks me that they embarrass themselves every remembrance day, do they not think that there may be Irish / Celtic / Catholic service men and woman that are doing their duty and in some instances paying the ultimate price. And these fans sully there achievements and sacrifices by behaving like small minded bigoted morons. Even the thoroughbred Rep Ireland have learned to deal with it.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
What a world, I do question some of the Rangers and Hearts fannies reason for waving these, however other than our Saltire or Lion Rampant, the Union Jack belongs as much to Scotland as any other UK nation.

It is pandering, it's pc going to far when you can't display your countries national flag. Personally my view is the Saltire, but while part of the UK the UJ is ours, not some bigoted ramblers.

Crikey, at Euro's, WC's, even when Scotland's not there, you see the Saltire draped over some advertising board. It's a powerful and proud symbol of our identity, not a blooming weapon.

Where do they stop, do they ban us from taking G&W saltires into ER, just incase, or all the hand crafted fan club flags.

Go after the bigots etc, flag waving should not be offensive to anyone, we're supposed to be part of a European community etc, there's meant to be more understanding in this world, sometimes I think we are going back the way and the nanny state takes grip further.

Offensive material, behaviour, chants, net abuse etc needs to leave these times but flags, get a grip.

We can't be trusted with guns, ok we are not America, but it feels like we are losing some of our liberties when we can't weild a bamboo stick with a bit of cotton on the end. Unless the flag bearers can eminate offensive morse code and the opposition able to decipher, unless they adorned abusive material. Rather than go after this easy and meaningless target, go after the real problem, those that huddle in the comfort of each others menace and numbers and pile out the abuse. I'm not interested in this 90 min bigotry either, bigotry is bigotry no matter how long it's indulged. There's no harm though in wanting to beat (at football) get the upper hand and make some humour at the expense of the opposition. Without banter, football would become a more sterile experience.

:agree: Good post, I agree re the flags 100%. I prefer to be a British and am a Scots patriot within that Kingdom. The 2 are different and positive in my view. I'd have no trouble waving both flags, my problem is with those who use any flag as a symbol of their narrow minded ends and claim it for that rather than its wider purpose.

basehibby
04-06-2011, 10:35 AM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/39Irrelevant39-Ulster-flags-discouraged-at.6779464.jp

What starts of in the right vein regarding banning of certain flags, they spoil it all with that pish!

Southern starts off well by announcing that they're trying to do away with ulster flags - about time too - but then procedes to completely undermine himslef by spluttering out a load of gash about them having some divine right to fly the union jack over everyone else and thus entirely missing the point.

The UJ is indeed the flag of the UK but he's even more of an idiot than he sounds if he does not recognise the point that the Yamtards who persist in waving it at matches are trying to make - the secret is in the word UNION as in unionist as oposed to republican as in the struggles in Northern Ireland which various morons in Scotland continue to hijack for their pathetic bigotted agenda.

It is also an insult to every non-Yam in the world who's relatives fought in the First World War - as if we are somehow not worthy compared to the blessed Yamtards :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::na na:

The Harp
04-06-2011, 10:50 AM

The Yams are rightly proud of their players involvement and sacrifice in WW1 but they run the risk of cheapening this involvenment (IMHO) by statements like yesterday's being made at every opportunity.
The memorial your relative's name is on in St Pat's, the home of the Hibs, lists 320 men of the parish who died in the conflict - each one a tragic loss to their loved ones. There will be many other churches of various denominations, and large works too, with similar memorials to the memory of the fallen.
If theYams want to 'discourage' their fans from flying Ulster flags at Tynecastle, fair enough, but why the need to mention the war!?! :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM

Well said, it is now completely out of hand, and that statement is an insult to many many people. I really wish they would stop it.

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Good post, apart from the bit in bold. What has political correctness got to do with any of this?

30,000+ irishmen fought and died in the wars for the crown (many non protestant). Do Hearts or Rangers care (or bother) to recognise that? They can stick it where the sun dont shine. Narrowminded clowns.

I think the argument is about who contributed most to the war effort, and not some adjunct to what happened in the First World War.

Anyway who is going to speak up for all the hiorses that died?

marinello59
04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Good post, apart from the bit in bold. What has political correctness got to do with any of this?

It's gone mad. :agree:

crewetollhibee
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
McCrae's group was a Pal's batallion, like thousands of others formed at that time. These cretins have no idea about the make-up of the Army back then, otherwise they would read about the similar sacrifices made by lads from factories, offices, breweries etc. Bad enough for them to hijack history, but when this pash is trotted out by an official spokesman, dearie me.

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
It's gone mad. :agree:

Is banning Rangers fans from singing the Sash political correctness? :hmmm:

JimBHibees
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM

The irony also being that no doubt the more extreme Loyal fan will be goose stepping and nazi saluting at the next BNP rally. Mostly stupid wee boys who cannae get a bird no doubt stirred up by a few more sinister older types. Pathetic.

Frazerbob
04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
What a bunch of total fandangoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACOeVHLVwU

iwasthere1972
04-06-2011, 12:00 PM

:confused: How did the big fat Yam barsteward manage to get himself in a post box to film it? That's the question I would like answered.

Cabbage East
04-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Utter mutants.

Carheenlea
04-06-2011, 12:12 PM
The Yams are rightly proud of their players involvement and sacrifice in WW1 but they run the risk of cheapening this involvenment (IMHO) by statements like yesterday's being made at every opportunity.

I`d say they did this a long time ago now, and I`d also say that the Hearts players who fought and died in Macrae`s Battalion would be utterly ashamed of the triumphalism and one dimensional view that Hearts ram down our throats at any given opportunity, and would distance themselves from Hearts` skewed version of the Great War and of Macrae`s Battalion.

Saorsa
04-06-2011, 12:16 PM
They're welcome tae it.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I`d say they did this a long time ago now, and I`d also say that the Hearts players who fought and died in Macrae`s Battalion would be utterly ashamed of the triumphalism and one dimensional view that Hearts ram down our throats at any given opportunity, and would distance themselves from Hearts` skewed version of the Great War and of Macrae`s Battalion.

couldnt have put it better ! Totally agree.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM

I think the argument is about who contributed most to the war effort, and not some adjunct to what happened in the First World War.

Anyway who is going to speak up for all the hiorses that died?

eh? My grandfather, Irish, fought for that crown during ww2 as did many Irishmen. My message is the huns and their diet counterparts would tend to 'skip' this fact in their oh so brave triumphalisms they preach

hibsbollah
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Its getting to the stage where i could see them stitching a bloodstained poppy on to their badge with 'lest we forget' on it. Its all completely crass and ungenuine.

Moulin Yarns
04-06-2011, 12:40 PM
First off, someone has nicked the 'can of worms' smiley.

There is a Celtc supporter at work who I used to get on well with but recently he has been a right pain in the behind, saying we deny our Irish roots as supporters because we don't fly enough tricolours. He also objected strongly to the green and black union flag (from the mob in Lancashire I believe) saying it diluted the irish heritage of our club. This all came about because of the SFA/SPL conspiracy against Celtc. He isn't even Irish but from Italian stock, but it is another example of the Celtc = catholic problem.

:top marks

I don't want to open a can of worms, but I am regularly disgusted by those at parkhead, well for many reasons, but other than being more happy with an ancestory way back or never was and forgoing their Scottish Identity - McCarthy / McGeady case in point.

It really irks me that they embarrass themselves every remembrance day, do they not think that there may be Irish / Celtic / Catholic service men and woman that are doing their duty and in some instances paying the ultimate price. And these fans sully there achievements and sacrifices by behaving like small minded bigoted morons. Even the thoroughbred Rep Ireland have learned to deal with it.

brownkg
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
To all the small minded people on here(and indeed elsewhere) how can you possibly comment on McCrae's with any kind of authority when a representative of Hibs is officially invited to and attend every occasion involving the battalion. Please do not belittle the memory of these people by engaging in pathetic ill informed spamming without knowing the full complete and correct story. I would also like to ask how you explain this photo from France taken on the 1st July 2009
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/brownkg/Contalmaison%202009/Pict0203.jpg

givescotlandfreedom
04-06-2011, 01:45 PM

Did they win WWII as well?

ronaldo7
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
To all the small minded people on here(and indeed elsewhere) how can you possibly comment on McCrae's with any kind of authority when a representative of Hibs is officially invited to and attend every occasion involving the battalion. Please do not belittle the memory of these people by engaging in pathetic ill informed spamming without knowing the full complete and correct story. I would also like to ask how you explain this photo from France taken on the 1st July 2009

Can you please point me in the direction of the last comment made by Hibernian outwith the normal times of reflection, ie July for McCrae's, and November for the annual remembrance.

You miss the jist of the comments on this thread imo. We constantly get the Hearts connection thrust down our throats at every turn. Their's a time and a place for Remembrance, and we don't need to bring it out at every turn.

Lest we forget.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Can't make the connection to the photo, sorry. Also unclear about how the presence of a Hibs representative at the ceremony makes me any less or more able to comment. Have struggled through each post again to see if I can detect anyone belittling the memory of these, or any other lost lives but can't.

marinello59
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I take it this is for the benefit of the Hearts spokesperson who made this statement. His obnoxious mixture of self aggrandisement and belittling of the sacrifice made by others does indeed sully the memory of them men of McCrae's battalion. To suggest that there is some sort of hierarchy when it comes to the right to display the union flag is just plain wrong. To place themselves at the top of the self created hierarchy is arrogant beyond belief.

hibsbollah
04-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Youve missed the point. In fact im not even sure the point youre making...

Keith_M
04-06-2011, 02:51 PM

I haven't read any comments on this thread belittling that memory. Raher the opposite, in fact, the main complaint has been that Hearts are cynically using the Macraes battallion to endorse their 'brand'.

hibsbollah
04-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I haven't read any comments on this thread belittling that memory. Raher the opposite, in fact, the main complaint has been that Hearts are cynically using the Macraes battallion to endorse their 'brand'.

Its a good tactic for the Vlad apologists though; pretend the criticism of the Yams crass treatment of remembrance is criticism of genuine remembrance itself.

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Did they win WWII as well?

Yes, but that one went to extra time and a penalty shoot out.

Any historians worth their salt use this theory to explain the discrepancy in the duration of the world wars, 1 (1914-18) and 2 (1939-45).

We owe them so much in terms of our personal freedom. I know they sometimes have a go at us for living in caravans and breeding greyhounds, but without their sacrifice we'd all be in jackboots, goosestepping our way into the Wheatfield Stand, exactly like they do.

So thanks for saving us from being like you, Yams.

EskbankHibby
04-06-2011, 03:11 PM

This specific post absolutlely typifies the complete lack of perspective that Hearts (club, certain fans, board) have surrounding this matter.

The self righteous nature of it frankly gives me the boak.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, but that one went to extra time and a penalty shoot out.

Any historians worth their salt use this theory to explain the discrepancy in the duration of the world wars, 1 (1914-18) and 2 (1939-45).

We owe them so much in terms of our personal freedom. I know they sometimes have a go at us for living in caravans and breeding greyhounds, but without their sacrifice we'd all be in jackboots, goosestepping our way into the Wheatfield Stand, exactly like they do.

So thanks for saving us from being like you, Yams.

Ha Ha Brilliant, nearly choked on my Sauerkraut .......:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
eh? My grandfather, Irish, fought for that crown during ww2 as did many Irishmen. My message is the huns and their diet counterparts would tend to 'skip' this fact in their oh so brave triumphalisms they preach

Hearts are disrespecting anyone who was involved in those conflicts, not just the Irish. To focus on that aspect of it is a distraction, and (IMO) not particularly relevant.

brownkg
04-06-2011, 04:24 PM
This specific post absolutlely typifies the complete lack of perspective that Hearts (club, certain fans, board) have surrounding this matter.

The self righteous nature of it frankly gives me the boak.

The gentleman on the right of the picture is indeed Hibs director of finance but don't let the truth of things get in the way of your viewpoint

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2011, 04:24 PM

With respect, I'd say it Hearts who are belittling the memory of those who died in the war. For decades they - rightly - paid their respects in a dignified, and largely private manner.

With the advent of the new millenium it has been seized on in a populist manner. When they get to the stage of saying that their club has more right to fly the union jack than others, then that is just wrong.

The presence of a Hibs representative at Contalmaison has nothing to do with the disrespectful way that Hearts FC are behaving. In fact I'd go as far as to say that the Contalmaison committee are toeing a different line to the one that the football club is.

I have read Jack Alexander's book, and nowhere does he claim the moral high ground for Hearts. He simply tells the story of one group of pals' war. He also touches on the way that the club was manipulated by the authorities.

The reason that the whole Hearts team signed up was that they were all single. Other clubs had married men in their ranks. Others, discouraged their players from going at all.

The story of MacRae's battallion is a tragedy, and one thing that it should have taught everyone is to question the motives of those who glorify war, and criticise those who question the official line.

Keith_M
04-06-2011, 04:26 PM
The gentleman on the right of the picture is indeed Hibs director of finance but don't let the truth of things get in the way of your viewpoint

and your point is what, exactly?

:dunno:

Carheenlea
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM

Absolutely. :agree:

EskbankHibby
04-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Take a deep breath and read the thread again.

EskbankHibby
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
and your point is what, exactly?

:dunno:

He has completely missed the point, ironically illustrating the many valid posts on this thread.

1two
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Dress it up however you want bu WW1 or 2 has sod all to do with modern football, so that arguement doesn't stand! Bunch o pricks

Davy Mac
04-06-2011, 06:46 PM

What an exsistence.

What kind of numpty goes along pre-match and sings this tosh - seriously.

Embarrassing, they need to have a word with themselves as there is a lot more important things in life than this.

ronaldo7
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Battalion-tale-from-the-heart.2488719.jp

I read somewhere about this lass who sent a white feather to the Heart of Midlothian prior to the lads enlisting. I'm sure it was a newpaper article of the time.

It seemed this was a practice to entice young single men to enlist.

The Harp
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
First off, someone has nicked the 'can of worms' smiley.

There is a Celtc supporter at work who I used to get on well with but recently he has been a right pain in the behind, saying we deny our Irish roots as supporters because we don't fly enough tricolours. He also objected strongly to the green and black union flag (from the mob in Lancashire I believe) saying it diluted the irish heritage of our club. This all came about because of the SFA/SPL conspiracy against Celtc. He isn't even Irish but from Italian stock, but it is another example of the Celtc = catholic problem.

However much Celtic would like to regard themselves as some sort of representative of Catholicism, they are most certainly NOT!!!!

WindyMiller
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Sadly there are lots of clubs "deserve the right to fly the Union Flag"

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/History/0,,10306~2220780,00.html

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/History/0,,10439~767706,00.html

ronaldo7
04-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Can you please point me in the direction of the last comment made by Hibernian outwith the normal times of reflection, ie July for McCrae's, and November for the annual remembrance.

You miss the jist of the comments on this thread imo. We constantly get the Hearts connection thrust down our throats at every turn. Their's a time and a place for Remembrance, and we don't need to bring it out at every turn.

Lest we forget.

Still waiting mate.

I see you've posted the same picture on Keekback too.:devil:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/93908-it-seems-we-have-upset-lochends-finest-again/ Post 26 and posted 1627 times, interesting.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Still waiting mate.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/93908-it-seems-we-have-upset-lochends-finest-again/ Post 26 and posted 1627 times, interesting.

Some of the posts on that thread are absolutely appalling, It's like the internet in 1939 Hitlers' Berlin.

Disconcerting.

Moulin Yarns
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
However much Celtic would like to regard themselves as some sort of representative of Catholicism, they are most certainly NOT!!!!

I agree, they are not, but the supporters play on both it and their irishness to a mindnumbing extent.

Compare our clubs badge, which takes a number of different elements that indicate our heritage, both Scottish and Irish, to theirs, an irish shamrock, that is a symbol of Ireland, and is a registered trademark of the Irish Government.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Still waiting mate.

LTYF?

I feel quite itchy after peeping into that backroom of the Hearts bier keller. In particular, this one has me scratching my head:

At no point does David say that we have more right than anyone else to fly the Union Flag, he just quite rightly points out that there are certainly no clubs out there with more right than us to fly it. There is a huge difference in saying we have more right and in saying no-one has more right than us... I expect the difference is a bit to subtle for a drug-addled mutant with the IQ of a labrador to understand though.

He didn't say Hearts have more right to fly the flag than anyone else; no, what he said was no one else has more right to fly it than them. Eh. well that's OK then?

Is this fudley the most deluded Hawrts supporter ever? Surely there is someone over there with the intelligence to a) acknowledge what their director has said, and b) attemot to understand how arrogant and disrespectful his remarks are.

Or do they spend their whole lives dissecting sentences, and putting an alternative meaning on the words spoken? A bunch of clerks.

See if I was a Yam on a Hibs web site, I wouldn't start off by calling anyone who thought differently from me that they are small minded. But then, I'm not a Yam.

ronaldo7
05-06-2011, 11:32 AM
LTYF?

I feel quite itchy after peeping into that backroom of the Hearts bier keller. In particular, this one has me scratching my head:

He didn't say Hearts have more right to fly the flag than anyone else; no, what he said was no one else has more right to fly it than them. Eh. well that's OK then?

Is this fudley the most deluded Hawrts supporter ever? Surely there is someone over there with the intelligence to a) acknowledge what their director has said, and b) attemot to understand how arrogant and disrespectful his remarks are.

Or do they spend their whole lives dissecting sentences, and putting an alternative meaning on the words spoken? A bunch of clerks.

See if I was a Yam on a Hibs web site, I wouldn't start off by calling anyone who thought differently from me that they are small minded. But then, I'm not a Yam.

I think we should keep this one, he has been here since 2002 after all. Maybe he should be coloured pink to alert others of a Hibernian persuasion:aok:

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I think we should keep this one, he has been here since 2002 after all. Maybe he should be coloured pink to alert others of a Hibernian persuasion:aok:

Maybe we could buy him a wee jacket with a Hearts badge on it, and get him a special maroon coloured bowl to drink out of.

It would be fairer for him, as people would know he was a Yam, and people would be less likely to take offence if he is arrogant or disrespectful in threads.

I've always thought the netters show quite a bit of humanity when they realise it is a misguided Yam making posts, instead of someone who is trying to pretend to be a Hibby.

I'm not saying that we have more right to comment on someone because they are a Yam. What I am saying is that no one has more right to comment on them than us.

But then I have got a small mind.

ronaldo7
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Maybe we could buy him a wee jacket with a Hearts badge on it, and get him a special maroon coloured bowl to drink out of.

It would be fairer for him, as people would know he was a Yam, and people would be less likely to take offence if he is arrogant or disrespectful in threads.

I've always thought the netters show quite a bit of humanity when they realise it is a misguided Yam making posts, instead of someone who is trying to pretend to be a Hibby.

I'm not saying that we have more right to comment on someone because they are a Yam. What I am saying is that no one has more right to comment on them than us.

But then I have got a small mind.

Right................Let's get a collection started with all monies going to a Mr John Borthwick:wink:

Vini1875
05-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I hadn't really thought about, but there probably were a lot of teams who joined en masse. It's just that hearts seem to be the only ones who go on and on about it.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I hadn't really thought about, but there probably were a lot of teams who joined en masse. It's just that hearts seem to be the only ones who go on and on about it.

In fairness, I think Hearts were the only ones for the whole first team to enlist. That's not the issue, and no-one would disrespect that unique contribution.

I think the problem is that the latest proclamation from the PBS seems to suggest that Hearts contribution was more special than everyone elses. Or in KBspeak "no one elses contribution was more special than theirs".

Hibs Class
05-06-2011, 12:07 PM

:agree: There's no-one got more right to post on this site than he.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
:agree: There's no-one got more right to post on this site than he.

Don't you mean he has more right to post on here than anyone else - or is that different? :confused::greengrin

Green_one
05-06-2011, 12:24 PM

Keep it up dafty. You are bringing a whole new dimension to the word DELUSIONAL

Because you can show a picture with a Hibs official in front of a monument that cures all agruements? You really were at the back of the queue when they were handing out the grey stuff. Then again you probably also BELIEVE in new stands, new grounds, the benefits of debt and the wonders of Lithuania.

EskbankHibby
05-06-2011, 02:42 PM
In fairness, I think Hearts were the only ones for the whole first team to enlist. That's not the issue, and no-one would disrespect that unique contribution.

I think the problem is that the latest proclamation from the PBS seems to suggest that Hearts contribution was more special than everyone elses. Or in KBspeak "no one elses contribution was more special than theirs".

In a nutshell FR.

They can't see it though and any rational debate around it always involves some misty eyed self righteous jambo proclaiming similar keek about 'disrespect'.

Whilst we are discussing "belittling the memory" i was just wondering what brownkg thought about Mikey Stewart (Hearts captain at the time) proclaiming on Hearts official club website (so presumably sanctioned by the 'club') that a victory over Hibs in the derby nearest remembrance day would be "all the more poignant".

My 'small minded' thoughts around this are that it would appear the Hearts captain in an officially sanctioned communication from the club was suggesting that the result of a football match in some way should influence the degree/amount of remembrance/respect rightly afforded to veterans.

Would this be an example of "ill informed spamming" on the part of Hearts?

Phil D. Rolls
06-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Apparently I've twisted the literal meaning of Mr Southern's statement to fit a bitter anti Hearts agenda.

"no club more deserves the right to fly the Union Flag"

At a stretch I think you could interpret that to mean that all clubs have an equal right to fly the flag. I think most would interpret it to mean that Hearts have the most right to fly it.

Personally, I think that defending that statement is pretty much along the same lines as saying they owe the debt to themselves. What is striking over there is how little debate or discussion there is on subjects.

As far as I can see only one guy has posted that the remarks were unfortunate, and he has been ignored completely. In fact the only reason they can come up with for our discomfort is that we are jealous.

It's got nothing to do with the football, and only a lunatic would be jealous of the fact that one club lost more men in a war than others (or want to brag about it). It is a much bigger picture, and I think Southern's remark was ill thought out.

It's a shame, but I think they believe that everyone wants to be like them. Wherever did they get that idea?

Hibs Giant
06-06-2011, 12:23 PM

:faf::aok:

lapsedhibee
06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Anyway who is going to speak up for all the horses that died?

Mr Ed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLR4iZJLgc4) shirley?

lapsedhibee
06-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I would also like to ask how you explain this photo from France taken on the 1st July 2009.
Summin to do with light passing through a lens and the subsequent image being recorded in the camera, currently using magnetic bits, but in the world you live in on a silver-plated metal plate.

Septimus
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
WAs Earl Haig a Jambo ?

My personal WW1 hero was Bertrand Russell who was jailed for refusing to fight but I can't remember what team he played for.

lapsedhibee
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
My personal WW1 hero was Bertrand Russell who was jailed for refusing to fight but I can't remember what team he played for.

Didn't make the Germany or Greece squads here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8).

Big Frank
07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
May I be the first to state, 3 pages in, that Hertz, are indeed, *****.

Who's with me :aok:

Dashing Bob S
07-06-2011, 03:39 PM

I am.

And I'd also go as far as to say that no club has a right to be more ***** than Hearts.

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

After due consideration, I think I have to agree :thumbsup:

I expect the Cooncil might want to erect an appropriate memorial somewhere to give them all somewhere to congregate and mark the event.

Phil D. Rolls
07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if I agree, but I can't think of anything I would disagree with less. :dunno:

EskbankHibby
07-06-2011, 04:32 PM
"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, but i was in the top one" -

B.Clough/D.Southern

hibsbollah
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
There are no team's supporters more fitted to driving a Rover 'executive' model and living in a musty bungalow.

Phil D. Rolls
07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
There are no team's supporters more fitted to driving a Rover 'executive' model and living in a musty bungalow.

Yellow cardigans and Tesco ready meals?

hibsbollah
07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Yellow cardigans and Tesco ready meals?

Le Piat d'or and supermarket trainers.

Judas Iscariot
07-06-2011, 05:33 PM
These horrible ****tards are quickly overtaking their Full Fat Hun cousins in the sectarian and bigot stakes :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Can't help thinking the mad one is behind all this "loyal" bull, first the royal wedding garbage then the flute band now this pash, a really really very very stupid football team and fans

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Le Piat d'or and supermarket trainers.

:greengrin Watch all their games in the golf club bar?

lapsedhibee
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
There's been a lot of talk on this thread about whether or not (YAMS) "No club more deserves etc" means 'Yams deserve etc more than other clubs'.

The abbreviated rephrasing of the (YAMS) "No club more deserves etc" that I would most like to see, and which would bring an end to this and other quandaries, is "(YAMS): No more club." :agree:

hibsbollah
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
:greengrin Watch all their games in the golf club bar?

...absolutely. Before swaying home a bit merry, slipping into his espadrilles and slumping into his lazeeboy and enjoying back to back 'Hi De Hi' repeats.

Bostonhibby
07-06-2011, 09:11 PM
...absolutely. Before swaying home a bit merry, slipping into his espadrilles and slumping into his lazeeboy and enjoying back to back 'Hi De Hi' repeats.

:greengrin and the big picture of their very own funny man wee Ronnie Corbett on the mantelpiece.

Septimus
08-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Didn't make the Germany or Greece squads here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8).

Wasn't there a **** playing for Rangers a couple of years back?

Hiber-nation
08-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Last season - El Hadj Diouf. Plus 1 or 2 others.

Geo_1875
08-06-2011, 06:56 AM
After reading the statement I've decided that even the hertz board are anti-semantic.

Bostonhibby
08-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Quite a few ****s down the years, and several in the squad now, not to mention the boardroom and on the terraces.

hibs0666
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
It was a disgrace that the war heroes from Tiny weren't even even invited to the royal wedding, never mind the top table that I feel their efforts merited.

A guard of honour in their new Wonga-fronted blooded turd number would have looked quite fetching, and given the war winners the public recognition they so richly deserve. :rolleyes: