PDA

View Full Version : Entice us back Hibs

Captain Trips
03-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I think I am in the demographic of people whom go to games when they can and it is a fair amount of games I manage, obv the ST holders play a very serious role in numbers through the door but there are 4000+ whom go on occasion or choose to not go, Hibs have made not going that much easier a decision to make.

So hibs what are you going to do?, not a good start with players leaving but Ivan is a good piece of business, time to make hibs appealing and if im honest that time was 2yrs ago so already in the throws of a footballing failure at board level IMO. Lets see some players to get the place buzzing and some optomism with founding rather than limp hope.

Judas Iscariot
03-06-2011, 08:16 PM
A few decent signings would help..

I'd maybe of renewed if we'd signed a couple of good players on pre-contracts but now we're waiting around to see if our probable 4th & 5th choice signings will sign!

Say signing Rooney, O'Connor, Flood (too late I know), a decent CH and even resigning Riordan would help/ed...

Ants
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I sent an email to the board asking them to publically state where they would expect Hibs to finish next year.
They invest, they have the club at their heart, they are trusted by the fans.....
No commitment was made.

I suggested to them stating this position, so if you invested in a season ticket and the team failed to deliver, you could be compensated...... before you fall of your chair, this would be in vouchers for the shop (= Hibs win, win).

Board state Hibs to finish 5th
Hibs finish 6th = £5 compensated... What can you buy for £5.. not alot.
Hibs finish 7th/8th/9th = £7.50/£10/£12.50 etc etc.
At least it is visible the clubs expectations...
If we finish above the level stated, season ticket holders get their names put in a hat for a free season ticket for the forthcoming season.

snooky
03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Maybe the Tache thinks he can catch a lot of fish with one Greenwell Glory (i.e. Ivan).:fishin:

down-the-slope
03-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Maybe the Tache thinks he can catch a lot of fish with one Greenwell Glory (i.e. Ivan).:fishin:

Having landed 3 fish on loch Eye last week without changing fly......maybe its a sound strategy....:greengrin

HibsMax
03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I sent an email to the board asking them to publically state where they would expect Hibs to finish next year.
They invest, they have the club at their heart, they are trusted by the fans.....
No commitment was made.

I suggested to them stating this position, so if you invested in a season ticket and the team failed to deliver, you could be compensated...... before you fall of your chair, this would be in vouchers for the shop (= Hibs win, win).

If we finish above the level stated, season ticket holders get their names put in a hat for a free season ticket for the forthcoming season.
I think your heart is in the right place but I don't think your suggestion is viable in economic terms.

IMO, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that (1) the club will publicly guarantee where Hibs expect to finish next season, and (2) compensate fans for failing to deliver. I know you didn't say "guarantee" but when you offer compensation for failing to meet a goal, that's kinda like a guarantee. It's also not a win-win. If you spend 5 pounds cash in the club shop, the club gets 5 pounds. If you spend 5 pounds in the club using a voucher they gave you for free, they get nothing. I will grant you that giving fans a voucher might generate more foot traffic, like a regular promotion, but it's still giving away money and that's not something we can really afford to do especially on the back of what will already be considered by many as a failure of a season i.e., failing to reach the goal they publicly made at the start of the season.

BUT, I do like incentives and anything Hibs can do to increase season ticket sales should be considered......even if it does involve giving away free vouchers. Maybe something like your idea but "5 pounds off your next season ticket" which *might* be enough to coax you into renewing.

The_Horde
04-06-2011, 02:00 AM
These players we have 'missed out' on would not be an improvement on anything we have. Why? Because they have chased the dollars as per usual and IMO we'be had FAR too many players in recent seasons who were just out for themselves and their wallet and quite frankly I'd rather we signed players with a bit of ambition, a point to prove and who are only content when their performances reach the level the fans expect.

Jim44
04-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Personally, I'd associate Petrie more with a Black Butcher. :greengrin

spike220
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
No commitment was made.

I disagree, we are a club and all in this together. Compensated for what they are hurting we are hurting, why should we get free vouchers for the shop? Maybe we could ask the clubs that beat us to compensate us. In fact why dont you ask a few Hearts fans to compensate you and see what answer you get. I just dont get your logic.

Lucius Apuleius
04-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Also do not understand what 4th and 5th.choice players we are now after? Let's wait and see who we try to get and fail first.

Franck is God
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
;2820328']These players we have 'missed out' on would not be an improvement on anything we have. Why? Because they have chased the dollars as per usual and IMO we'be had FAR too many players in recent seasons who were just out for themselves and their wallet and quite frankly I'd rather we signed players with a bit of ambition, a point to prove and who are only content when their performances reach the level the fans expect.

I agree with this point, a lot of the signings we have made since Mixu/JC have seen Hibs as almost the high point in their career rather than a stepping stone to somewhere better. If you take Bamba & Stokes out of it almost every player who has left has taken a sideways or step down from us in prestige and/or wages.

We need young players hungry for success either at Hibs or their next club that way we will get the benefit of performance on the pitch. The first question I would ask any player when they were signing is where do you see yourself in 5 years, if the answer is not the Premiership I genuinely would look elsewhere as to me that would be a complete lack of ambition.

I am happy for Hibs to be a stepping stone if we get the benefit of having an excellent young player in our team for 2-3 years and maybe even pick up a fee when they leave.

snooky
04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Personally, I'd associate Petrie more with a Black Butcher. :greengrin

Aye, but hopefully come March Brown will be back at ER :wink:

Spike Mandela
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Also do not understand what 4th and 5th.choice players we are now after? Let's wait and see who we try to get and fail first.

You will never know how far down the list of targets we are as Hibs don't talk till business is done.

My suspicion is that we rarely get first choice targets as money talks. Only my opinion though.

marinello59
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
A few decent signings would help..

I'd maybe of renewed if we'd signed a couple of good players on pre-contracts but now we're waiting around to see if our probable 4th & 5th choice signings will sign!

Say signing Rooney, O'Connor, Flood (too late I know), a decent CH and even resigning Riordan would help/ed...

What? Do you seriously believe that? Or maybe you have some inside knowledge on the many targets we must have missed out on already to get us to that stage.

Franck is God
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
You will never know how far down the list of targets we are as Hibs don't talk till business is done.

My suspicion is that we rarely get first choice targets as money talks. Only my opinion though.

Well going by our January signings alone I would say that only Sodje was not a first choice signing.

We waited for Thornhill and considering he was actually injured when he arrived he must have been on CC's list since he took the job. Towell was spotted in a bounce game with Celtic, Palsson was another that CC must have seen in a reserve fixture while at Newcastle. Scott was recommended by Adams and Vaz Te will have been one of the many players that come on trial throughout a season.

All clubs will have wish lists coming into a transfer window and it doesn't always have to be money to why players sign or don't sign. Our last dozen signings include players coming from the Premiership, Championship and Eredivise and none of them signed for sweeties.

This myth that we pay lower wages than the teams around us has to stop as its simply not true.

Lucius Apuleius
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Don't disagree Spike, that is my point exactly. All these posts saying we have missed out on all our targets and now we are going for lesser targets? Load of mince in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, the way business should be done.

CabbageBoy
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Don't disagree Spike, that is my point exactly. All these posts saying we have missed out on all our targets and now we are going for lesser targets? Load of mince in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, the way business should be done.

Hmmm, well with ST sales down on last year, the club could do with some decent news, even if it was a rumour or two about who has been missed. Since we are probably three decent players away from being a top half team (say Rooney to score the goals, a goalscoring midfielder and a dominant CH), the board could actually look like they are backing their choice of manager, especially when they expect us to stump up for STs earlier each year (remember how we laughed at the yams when they started that?)

Lucius Apuleius
04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Hmmm, well with ST sales down on last year, the club could do with some decent news, even if it was a rumour or two about who has been missed. Since we are probably three decent players away from being a top half team (say Rooney to score the goals, a goalscoring midfielder and a dominant CH), the board could actually look like they are backing their choice of manager, especially when they expect us to stump up for STs earlier each year (remember how we laughed at the yams when they started that?)

Disagree. If we say we have lost someone for whatever reason there would be even more screaming and wailing in my opinion.

marinello59
04-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Disagree. If we say we have lost someone for whatever reason there would be even more screaming and wailing in my opinion.

Exactly. The 'Violet Elizabeth' tendency would be thwceaming themselves sick for a week.

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
No commitment was made.

And you say they haven't answered your question!! :rolleyes: