PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Liechtenstein v Lithuania

Frazerbob
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Currently 2-0 to Liechtenstein in the 2nd half. This would be a great result for Scotland!:saltireflag

Broken Gnome
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
My Scotland hat says that means Liechenstein away becomes eminently loseable now....

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
2 0 ft

essexhibee
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
What does this mean for us now?

I read somewhere (well I think I did) that if we beat Lithuania at home, Czech Republic at home and Liechtenstein away then we will qualify from the group in second? Is that right? :confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
03-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Vlads nation are on a big downward spiral. All gone pete tong. Lets not forget, he pumps in good money to the national federation. Shame. Big team beaten by wee team.

Frazerbob
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM

I read somewhere (well I think I did) that if we beat Lithuania at home, Czech Republic at home and Liechtenstein away then we will qualify from the group in second? Is that right? :confused:

It means that Lithuania need to beat us at Hampden to have any chance. It's now between us and the Czechs. Win the three games you mentioned and we are in the play off before we travel to Spain. However, as good as this result is, it makes we worry about our trip to Vaduz.

Billy Whizz
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Vlads nation are on a big downward spiral. All gone pete tong. Lets not forget, he pumps in good money to the national federation. Shame. Big team beaten by wee team.

And 2 ex Jambos in their line up, Mlko and Ces

nonshinyfinish
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
The 97th minute farce at Hampden notwithstanding, we really should give them a doing. It's a country of 35,000 people FFS! That said, I'd take three points no matter how they are won.

Bristolhibby
03-06-2011, 08:41 PM

As long as Spain beat the Czechs in Prague.

J

Hibernia Na Eir
03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
And 2 ex Jambos in their line up, Mlko and Ces

Oh dear !

seriously?

Sir David Gray
03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Scotland are 5 points behind the Czech Republic with 4 games left.

Scotland have the Czechs and Lithuania at home in their next two games. If they don't get maximum points from those games then they can forget it and to be honest they don't deserve to be going to Euro 2012 if they can't manage that.

Assuming that Lithuania beat Liechtenstein at home in September then we would be going into our last two games on 10 points whilst Czech Republic (2 games left) would have 9 points and Lithuania (1 game left) would have 7 points.

That would knock Lithuania out of the equation and if we beat Liechtenstein we would then have a great chance of getting into the play offs as the Czechs have Spain and Lithuania, who they lost to earlier in the tournament, in their final two matches.

Knowing Craig Levein though, he'll probably play for a couple of 0-0 draws in our next two games with another 5-5-0 formation or something along those lines.

Dashing Bob S
03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
The Czechs are very good and are there for the taking, but I can't see Potter putting out a positive side who could do that.

Springbank
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
The Czechs are very good and are there for the taking, but I can't see Potter putting out a positive side who could do that.

i'll be looking to the manager to patch up relations with fletcher. Oh and hmfc0 liechtenstein2 haha girfuy! Has miko's car door fallen off again in shock?