PDA

View Full Version : Celtc Conspiracy

Siralbertkidd
02-06-2011, 07:57 PM
OK, Ive thought about this after seeing Hibs arrange a friendly against Sunderland after the new season has started.

My recollection is the rules are totally changed because we start early this season, but everything is altered so that teams can postpone one game , and this is at the behest of Celtc who have a pre season tour of their homeland organised.

My suggestion is all teams postpone their first game aganst Celtc. thereby leaving them a possible 27 points behind everyone else, and stuck with lots of midweek games.

Am I a bad person or does it appeal as a get it up you job?

pentlando
02-06-2011, 08:19 PM
OK, Ive thought about this after seeing Hibs arrange a friendly against Sunderland after the new season has started.

My recollection is the rules are totally changed because we start early this season, but everything is altered so that teams can postpone one game , and this is at the behest of Celtc who have a pre season tour of their homeland organised.

My suggestion is all teams postpone their first game aganst Celtc. thereby leaving them a possible 27 points behind everyone else, and stuck with lots of midweek games.

:greengrin

Thought about that when i first heard of the plans.

Woody1985
02-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I think you can only postpone in the first three weeks but good thinking.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM

The one major flaw is that the opt out is early in the season so I would (without knowing what the cut off date is) envisage that you have to opt out of one of your fixtures by the end of August. Even then who would want to play a friendly then when their own league is already under way.

Cracking idea but shame it can't be exercised.

green&left
03-06-2011, 08:09 AM

In fairness to Celtic they signed a contract to participate in the Dublin Cup well before the SPL decided to bring the league start date forward, so its the SPL that have made a noel hunt of it (again).

GloryGlory
03-06-2011, 08:32 AM
The one major flaw is that the opt out is early in the season so I would (without knowing what the cut off date is) envisage that you have to opt out of one of your fixtures by the end of August. Even then who would want to play a friendly then when their own league is already under way.

Cracking idea but shame it can't be exercised.

I would guess the cut-off corresponds to what was the opening weekend last season.

Geo_1875
03-06-2011, 09:10 AM
The SPL should cancel all fixtures on that weekend to allow fans to make arrangements in advance. They obviously know what fixtures are planned although they won't announce them for weeks. It's fairly typical of them. They charge ahead with an idea without thinking it through.