PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland game confirmed by SFA

Boris
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
On the SFA website there is a page called "Inside Football" on which one of the sub-pages is confirmed pre-season friendlies for 2011/12. Included for Saturday 6 August is Rangers v Chelsea & Hibs v Sunderland. Would seem to confirm the rumoured game.

It was already detailed in the Press that Rangers had elected for a free Saturday to play Chelsea so I wonder if it means that the fixture list for the SPL, due to be released in a couple of weeks, will show that we were due to play at Ibrox that day.

Lofarl
01-06-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2377

At the very bottom.

Mikeystewart
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM

At the very bottom.

6th of August is that not after the start of the season? Would be a bit weird playing a friendly during the start of the season wouldn't it?

I'm not debating the legitimacy of the post or link to SFA site just seems a bit odd that's all.

marinello59
01-06-2011, 10:33 PM
6th of August is that not after the start of the season? Would be a bit weird playing a friendly during the start of the season wouldn't it?

I'm not debating the legitimacy of the post or link to SFA site just seems a bit odd that's all.

It's what's been agreed as a sop to the Old Firm to start the season earlier.

Radium
01-06-2011, 10:36 PM

At the very bottom.

Spartans opposition on 24th would have been nice

Sir David Gray
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM

Every team in the league has been given special dispensation to play one friendly after the start of the season and therefore to postpone one league match, because we're starting earlier this year.

Rangers are playing Chelsea at Ibrox and Celtic are playing in the Dublin Cup.

Wheat Hound
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Utterly ridiculous playing friendlies after yhe season start. And the OF complain bout playing too many games. Shermanns, the lot of them.

bobhfc
01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Spartans opposition on 24th would have been nice

Cant wait for that game!

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Match now confirmed on official site

GloryGlory
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I'd have thought they would have at least have given ST holders a discount - after all, we've loyally bought our tickets for next season, despite the rubbish that has been served up for far too long at ER and despite no sign that the Board is interested in making things any better next season.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Sunderland fans are coming prepared.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=597195

JimBHibees
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Sunderland fans are coming prepared.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=597195

Did they not bring a massive squad up the last time they came up here in a friendly. With Rangers playing Chelski the same day sounds an interesting mix of games which we could probably do without.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Did they not bring a massive squad up the last time they came up here in a friendly. With Rangers playing Chelski the same day sounds an interesting mix of games which we could probably do without.

Heard they did and I'm sure that will bring a good support this time.

Interesting article on the 2003 match which ended 2-2. A young Stephen Dobbie. I wonder what happened to him and for that matter Kevin Kyle?

Hibernian 2-2 Sunderland
New Hibs youngster Stephen Dobbie set about showing Rangers they were wrong to let him go when he marked his Easter Road debut with two goals in Saturday's draw with Sunderland.

His goals cancelled out strikes by Scotland striker Kevin Kyle and John Oster to earn the home side a draw.

The 20-year-old was released by Rangers at the end of last season but made his mark 13 minutes after coming on at half time later when he met a long ball from trialist Andy McLaren before smashing home his first goal for his new club.

Sunderland took the lead after 33 minutes thanks to a superb header from Kyle.

But Dobbie was clearly galvanised by his leveller and a couple of minutes after his equaliser he found the back of the net again, meeting a Garry O'Connor pass before slotting past goalkeeper Mart Poom to give Hibs the advantage.

With eight minutes remaining, though, Oster met Jason McAteer's cross before sliding the ball home past a helpless Morten Hyldgaard to level the scoreline.

Chuck Rhoades
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I expect chaos.

Hibs90
02-06-2011, 12:35 PM
:thumbsup:

NYHibby
02-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Did anyone notice the typo on the official site?

Tickets will be priced at;

Adults - £15 Adult
Concessions - £10 (U18, Over 65 and Students in Full-time employment).

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Did anyone notice the typo on the official site?

Noticed that too. Strange one that.

Keith_M
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM

A lot has changed in the last 8 years. I'm not sure they'll get much opposition nowadays.

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
A shabby SPL team led by Colin Calderwood against a poor EPL outfit led by Steve Bruce.

If anybody (bar the hoolie element) are getting excited about this one, it's only due to expectations being at barrel bottom levels after the last 18 months of unremitting trauma and mediocrity.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
A shabby SPL team led by Colin Calderwood against a poor EPL outfit led by Steve Bruce.

If anybody (bar the hoolie element) are getting excited about this one, it's only due to expectations being at barrel bottom levels after the last 18 months of unremitting trauma and mediocrity.

What's up Bob. Your neighbour got his Yam top out on the washing line blocking out all the sun?

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
What's up Bob. Your neighbour got his Yam top out on the washing line blocking out all the sun?

Not that wide of the mark, IWT, as it happens. Fortunately we have a high stone wall removing me from the unedifying sight of his laundry, but I did catch him 'pottering' (no pun intended) around in his front garden, wearing an old Strongbow Yams top. It ruined my day, and has probably played a part in driving me into this funk I find myself in.

Alas, in these PC times, I just have to grin and bear it. I do sometimes yearn for the 80's, when the whole issue could have been sorted out with a well-placed fire bomb.

Best not to post in this frame of mind.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Not that wide of the mark, IWT, as it happens. Fortunately we have a high stone wall removing me from the unedifying sight of his laundry, but I did catch him 'pottering' (no pun intended) around in his front garden, wearing an old Strongbow Yams top. It ruined my day, and has probably played a part in driving me into this funk I find myself in.

Alas, in these PC times, I just have to grin and bear it. I do sometimes yearn for the 80's, when the whole issue could have been sorted out with a well-placed fire bomb.

Best not to post in this frame of mind.

:hilarious

Keith_M
02-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Aha, so that was you that day on Princes St.

:hmmm:

hibs-official
10-06-2011, 02:33 AM
cant wait for this match going to sit in both ends.
On the SFA website there is a page called "Inside Football" on which one of the sub-pages is confirmed pre-season friendlies for 2011/12. Included for Saturday 6 August is Rangers v Chelsea & Hibs v Sunderland. Would seem to confirm the rumoured game.

It was already detailed in the Press that Rangers had elected for a free Saturday to play Chelsea so I wonder if it means that the fixture list for the SPL, due to be released in a couple of weeks, will show that we were due to play at Ibrox that day.

Gettin' Auld
10-06-2011, 08:37 AM
cant wait for this match going to sit in both ends.

That's a good trick - You must have a HUGE arse!!