PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Tyson

Zemamma10
01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Has been released from Forrest. Worked under Calderwood previously and would be someone he knows all about. Probably just out of Hibs wage range although I'm sure the same was thought at the time Stokes and Miller were signed. Plenty of pace too which we are badly lacking. Possible target?

Wotherspiniesta
01-06-2011, 07:35 PM
He'd be a knockout signing

Leitherhibs
01-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Pace to burn, natural finisher, calderwood knows him well and you'd hope can get the best of him. Unfortunately I'd have thought there will be lots of league 1/ championship clubs sniffing about.

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Uh oh another potential signing thread that is just going to turn into puns!

HibbyAndy
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Would give us some needed punch up front

Dr Jimmy
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
He refused a new contract with Forrest, therefore probably has another option. Doubt very much if we could afford him, but would be great if we could.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I 'ear he would add bite.

Wotherspiniesta
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM

:agree:

Which is why its important to land the first punch.

essexhibee
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
It said on SSN he rejected a new contract so he must have another offer elsewhere. His pace is a joke though remember seeing him against Swansea 2nd leg he outran the defender who had a five yard head start. :agree:

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Which is why its important to land the first punch.

I think you should put your tin hatt-on after that joke.

Zemamma10
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Forest only offered a deal because they didn't get promoted. Possibly had to take reduced terms. Would hope calderwood could sway him to move. All depends on what championship clubs are interested I suppose.

Dunbar Hibee
01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Would be a great signing. I'm sure CC is considering going for him.

ScottB
01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
We have signs of a good track record at getting players good moves further down the line, he may fancy a few seasons with his old manager before hopefully earning himself a big move.

Shall see what happens, but he would certainly fit the 'player CC would be excited about' category I expect.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Would be a great signing. Cannae see him being short of good offers though.

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Would be a great signing. I'm sure CC is considering going for him.

What makes you sure?

aberhibsfc
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
CC tried to get him on loan during the last window. It fell through and he went for Sodje instead.

If his release is a fact, I have no doubt Calderwood would be seriously going after his signature. When the papers quoted him being excited by a striking signing, I always thought it would be Tyson.

Powerful, pacey young player, much to prove but has potential. Only problem would be if another Championship club came calling. But as Nottingham have released him, other clubs in that Div might not fancy him.

Really think he could do a job up here and unfortunately and inevitably the Glasgow umwashed would be sniffing around. They and Hearts have a weaken the opposition signing policy. Why else would the Wet Farts be so excited by scooping bosmans from Kilmarnock etc. Few would argue Suttons case, but Jeffries signings are pish. They get away with it because they've walked a crap SPL and we have been crappier. If we get our act together we have to unleash some ass whooping.

Just wish Hibs could get the mental steel required, through most of the teams even when we've had better players, we just dont seem to have a bit of badness in our play. If SPL was strong enough to attain a fair play Euro spot, Hibs would probably be in Europe every season.

Dunbar Hibee
01-06-2011, 10:01 PM
What makes you sure?

Having worked with him before and knowing of his talent and ability :aok:

Leitherhibs
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
It is the type of signing that would get me excited about going to ER next season, stokes was the difference between 4th and 10th this guy could be the same or better.

Iain G
01-06-2011, 10:28 PM

That's just below the belt... :wink:

Aldo
01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Excited if this guy was to sign there would be loads on the .net peeing themselves.

Lets put things into perspective.....

defo quality....there is no way this guy will come to ER and play for us as we could not afford him. ENDOF

We can all but dream.

sambajustice
01-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Would be a real heavyweight signing!

Radium
01-06-2011, 11:23 PM

as long as we got more than just cameo appearances

Diclonius
01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
It would be good if we Khan get this guy.

The Sea-gull
02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
He's not young btw. He's 29.

I don't know much about him but probably not many of us do if we are being honest.

Strike rate is a goal every 5. Not great but then that could increase in the SPL which is a weaker league than the championship.

If CC thinks he could do a job and he can afford him then he'll be considered.

Ritchie
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
there is no way in a million billion trillion zillion gazillion bi-didly-dillion years Nathan Tyson would consider coming to Hibs.

He'll end up at another top championship club.

JimBHibees
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
there is no way in a million billion trillion zillion gazillion bi-didly-dillion years Nathan Tyson would consider coming to Hibs.

Derby are in for him apparently which might be interesting as he pretty much caused a riot by goading the Derby fans with a Forest corner flag at a game a year or so ago.

Craig_in_Prague
02-06-2011, 10:51 AM

A pointless thread, as I said a few weeks ago, these threads should be closed (with final post = wages would be a problem) or migrated to 1 large transfer gossip thread. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY EVEN HALF DECENT WAGES FFS.

Because Forest released him doesn't mean Hibs can step in.
Wake up folks.

JimBHibees
02-06-2011, 11:07 AM

A pointless thread, as I said a few weeks ago, these threads should be closed (with final post = wages would be a problem) or migrated to 1 large transfer gossip thread. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY EVEN HALF DECENT WAGES FFS.

Because Forest released him doesn't mean Hibs can step in.
Wake up folks.

Agree he would be wondering where the missing zero had gone from his wages :greengrin however he may fancy a change and get back to playing regularly with a manager who knows him well. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Sure the only reason that East Mains was built was to bring in quality players. Once they see it they're hooked and will play for peanuts. Well it can't be being used for anything else going by the last few seasons performances.

Or maybe we're punching above our weight on this one.

KiddA
02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Has been released from Forrest. Worked under Calderwood previously and would be someone he knows all about. Probably just out of Hibs wage range although I'm sure the same was thought at the time Stokes and Miller were signed. Plenty of pace too which we are badly lacking. Possible target?

Would be a great signing but just can't see it

Would wind a few Jambos up though :wink:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/22/derby-county-nottingham-forest-fined