PDA

View Full Version : Riordan gone?

Diclonius
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Seems to imply here he's left the club..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11792_6962149,00.html

KeithTheHibby
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Technically he has as his contract was up yesterday.

HibbyAndy
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Gone but never forgotton.

hibee92
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
cheery bye.

shagpile
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM
No long list of suitors then?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Gone but never forgotton.

Quite right. It'll not be long before people are on here tattering the man again!

silverhibee
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
No long list of suitors then?

He signed for Income Support Utd today. A great move for him, a step up if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
He signed for Income Support Utd today. A great move for him, a step up if you ask me. :rolleyes:

his game might benefit?

chrisski33
01-06-2011, 06:51 PM
havent we known for months he was leaving? shame that theres been no official comment yet!

Kojock
01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Maybe if he doesn't appreciate the lifestyle of a professional footballer he could always go out and get a job to suit his mental capabilities. Bet you he wouldn't earn more than the minimum wage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
That would be a shame if he has just been allowed to shuffle out the door.

Kojock
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
That would be a shame if he has just been allowed to shuffle out the door.

Why, he didn't exactly shuffle out the door when Celtc came a calling. He earned a fair few bob from Hibs if he thinks he can get more elsewhere then :bye:

silverhibee
01-06-2011, 07:18 PM
]Maybe if he doesn't appreciate the lifestyle of a professional footballer [/B]he could always go out and get a job to suit his mental capabilities. Bet you he wouldn't earn more than the minimum wage.

Who says he doesn't, infact i am sure he does.

Or he could just play football with his mental capabilities. :na na:

jdships
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Why, he didn't exactly shuffle out the door when Celtc came a calling. He earned a fair few bob from Hibs if he thinks he can get more elsewhere then :bye:

:agree:

sixtwo
01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
He will be sorely missed and I for one will be hoping he makes another return to the club he supported and served so well.

steakbake
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Fair comment!

Kojock
01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Who says he doesn't, infact i am sure he does.

Or he could just play football with his mental capabilities. :na na:

If he had any sense at all he would not have got himself on the front pages due to his drunken antics.

silverhibee
01-06-2011, 07:34 PM
If he had any sense at all he would not have got himself on the front pages due to his drunken antics.

Whats that got to do with the price of cheese. :confused:

Keith_M
01-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Never mind Riordan, a much more pressing question is, how long has Andy74 been gay? Or am I totally missing the point of his avatar?

:wink:

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 07:37 PM

Crappy headline. He has not left Hibs but he is out of contract.

It would be a major boost to Hibs PR machine if his status with the club was announced via the official site rather than somewhere else. Hearing the information through the grapevine might be the way Hibs want things but I think it looks unprofessional.

I get the impression that both sides are keeping their options open (quote lifted right from Sky Sports' story) otherwise I am sure we would have heard something by now.

Kojock
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Whats that got to do with the price of cheese. :confused:

Basically if he couldn't play football he would be just another schemie.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Never mind Riordan, a much more pressing question is, how long has Andy74 been gay? Or am I totally missing the point of his avatar?

Bit of a foxes paw there keekaboo?

You mean HibyAndy I take it :greengrin

hibsbollah
01-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Nice snobby attitude.

MrSmith
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM

I'm a schemie! Nothing wrong with that - what's your point? Straight out of Gracemount I am!

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe if he doesn't appreciate the lifestyle of a professional footballer he could always go out and get a job to suit his mental capabilities. Bet you he wouldn't earn more than the minimum wage.

Bit harsh G, no?

Derek might have been daft in getting his name on the front pages but who amongst us can say we've never done anything daft when we've had a drink? Tabloids only interested because he's a footballer As to your other remarks about his mental capabilities and being just another schemie I mean wtf? I was brougjht up in a 'scheme' and it ain't done me any harm. I've met Deek a few times and always found him to be a bright guy. Certainly doesn't deserve the abuse you're dishing out just because he's decided to move on

HibbyAndy
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm a schemie! Nothing wrong with that - what's your point? Straight out of Gracemount I am!

Ill raise you Burdiehouse :cool2:

Keith_M
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Bit of a foxes paw there keekaboo?

You mean HibyAndy I take it :greengrin

Oops!

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Oops!

He's oan aboot me and i had nae say in the Avatar picture change :greengrin

I quite liked my GOC in a kilt pic i had for 6 years :boo hoo:

Andy74
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM

Ahem!

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Ahem!

Dinnae worry Andy I've set the record 'straight' :greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Bit harsh G, no?

Derek might have been daft in getting his name on the front pages but who amongst us can say we've never done anything daft when we've had a drink? Tabloids only interested because he's a footballer As to your other remarks about his mental capabilities and being just another schemie I mean wtf? I was brougjht up in a 'scheme' and it ain't done me any harm. I've met Deek a few times and always found him to be a bright guy. Certainly doesn't deserve the abuse you're dishing out just because he's decided to move on

:agree:

Good luck tae him!

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2011, 07:53 PM
not to fussed to be honest......he will no doubt return at some point

marinello59
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Bit harsh G, no?

Well said. Who needs enemies when you can have fans like us? Best of luck to him wherever he goes, he has left us with plenty of magical moments to replay in our minds.

MrSmith
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM

Good one, I'll raise you the Inch right now!

silverhibee
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM

And whats the matter with coming from a scheme Mr silver spoon, you are coming across as a bit of a prat with your comments regarding Derek, the press were maybe p---ed off that they were the only ones that ended up with a previous conviction regarding there constant harassment of Derek. :wink: :na na:

HibbyAndy
01-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Eh .Naw..Its awrite... You win :greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM

Which side though? :wink:

Kojock
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Bit harsh G, no?

I was brought up in a scheme (and still live in one) as well and done some daft things when pished. Believe me I aint no snob but I did know where to draw the line. Deeks crossed that line and brought Hibs into disrepute.

I really don't care if he stays or not, players come players go, I have been watching Hibs longer than Deeks has been alive. Hibs will go on with or without Deeks.

Greentinted
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
A cursory read of that suggests just what it says, he's now out of contract and will weigh up his options as and when he receives any. Not sure its a definite offski...
I could be wrong though as I'm not fully conversant with the nuances of football doublespeak.

MrSmith
01-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Which side though? :wink:

No sure, think its the bottom side?? Just off Glenallan Drive.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
No sure, think its the bottom side?? Just off Glenallan Drive.

So, the 'other side' as we called it when I was growing up in Northfield (Claverhouse Drive) - sounds sinister now mind :greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
I was brought up in a scheme (and still live in one) as well and done some daft things when pished. Believe me I aint no snob but I did know where to draw the line. Deeks crossed that line and brought Hibs into disrepute.

I really don't care if he stays or not, players come players go, I have been watching Hibs longer than Deeks has been alive. Hibs will go on with or without Deeks.

So let him go, without the abuse :wink:

Kojock
01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
, he has left us with plenty of magical moments to replay in our minds.

He has also left us with many couldn't give a toss performances. Derek Riordan was only ever interested in Derek Riordan he seemed to forget its a team game.

marinello59
01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
He has also left us with many couldn't give a toss performances. Derek Riordan was only ever interested in Derek Riordan he seemed to forget its a team game.

You remember what you like. I'll remember the bits of skill that left you stunned at the audacity of the guy. Football at its best is a joyous experience, Derek Riordan at his best added to that.

Kojock
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Can I just apologise for referring to Deeks as a schemie. It was unwarranted and uncalled for. Shouldn't drink on an empty head DOH!

ancient hibee
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
That'll be why he had the most assists and crosses I suppose?

Dr Jimmy
01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
You remember what you like. I'll remember the bits of skill that left you stunned at the audacity of the guy. Football at its best is a joyous experience, Derek Riordan at his best added to that.
Couldn't agree more, he is one of the few players that can get you jumping out of your seat in applause with a moment of magic.
Good luck Deeks and thanks for the memories!

Jonnyboy
01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Can I just apologise for referring to Deeks as a schemie. It was unwarranted and uncalled for. Shouldn't drink on an empty head DOH!

:thumbsup: Good on ya G

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2011, 08:37 PM
We are a strange support, we've got people having a dash at Riordan on this thread whilst at the same time theres people pulling Maka's dangler on another thread!

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
While I don't think anyone is doubting what Deek is / was capable of and you can't argue with his goal tally but I can't find it in myself to say that's enough for the times he didn't pull his weight. A player can be talented AND lazy. It just strikes me as being a waste of talent. Imagine what he might have achieved if he didn't take his foot off the gas? I'm not saying that Deek is an older version of Messi but I think that one of the differences between a good player and a great player is how you apply yourself and whenever I've watched Messi he's always in the game. Having talent is only part of the package.

So I am grateful for all that he did but I find myself lamenting at what might have been.

Ray_
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Well said. Who needs enemies when you can have fans like us? Best of luck to him wherever he goes, he has left us with plenty of magical moments to replay in our minds.:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
01-06-2011, 09:03 PM
And whats the matter with coming from a scheme Mr silver spoon, you are coming across as a bit of a prat with your comments regarding Derek, the press were maybe p---ed off that they were the only ones that ended up with a previous conviction regarding there constant harassment of Derek. :wink: :na na:

Well said :agree:

I'd love Derek to sign again with us but don't blame him for wanting to get out of the SPL especially after he's had to endure playing with probably the worst group of players he's ever experienced..

Never again will a player score over 100 goals for Hibernian FC, pity some folk never ever appreciated him whilst he was here and let petty, pathetic grudges/problems cloud their judgement...

All the best Deek :not worth

hibsbollah
01-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Never again will a player score over 100 goals for Hibernian FC,

????? REALLY? oh no.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes, yes, this is all fair and well, but is Andy bent? :greengrin

Tricla
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
If he is gone then it's the departure of a Hibs legend IMO.

I'd have him in a Hibs jersey any day of the week.

We'll be very, very lucky if we ever see another player reach half his tally for Hibs or have half his ball striking ability.

All the best if you go. Come back one day if you do.

GGTTH.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Bit harsh G, no?

:agree: I won't hold a grudge if Derek leaves this time and wish the club would make it possible for him to stay, or at least satisfy me that they had done their best.

I do think he could have done better this past season but he can't do it all on his own, its been a dire couple of years and I prefer to try and look beyond them into next season, no player is bigger than the club, especially one who leaves.

If it was about him just being p'd off by Scottish football or the dross around him recently or maybe not being valued by the club, then as one former "schemie" who has moved for better rewards, working conditions and standards I find it hard to throw much stick his way if he can get what he aspires to.

marinello59
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
If he is gone then it's the departure of a Hibs legend IMO.

I'd have him in a Hibs jersey any day of the week.

We'll be very, very lucky if we ever see another player reach half his tally for Hibs or have half his ball striking ability.

All the best if you go. Come back one day if you do.

GGTTH.

Wow. You really are a fan. :greengrin

aberhibsfc
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Guess it was inevitable given the signs.

Still gutted if true, I always held onto the smallest hope that he would opt to finish his career with us.

Tricla
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow. You really are a fan. :greengrin

:na na:

hibeemikey21
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Well said :agree:

I'd love Derek to sign again with us but don't blame him for wanting to get out of the SPL especially after he's had to endure playing with probably the worst group of players he's ever experienced..

Never again will a player score over 100 goals for Hibernian FC, pity some folk never ever appreciated him whilst he was here and let petty, pathetic grudges/problems cloud their judgement...

All the best Deek :not worth

Do you genuinely believe that never again in our clubs future/history, will a player score over 100 goals?!

You must be one of those "glass is half empty" types, no? :greengrin

PC Stamp
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Maybe we'll appreciate what we had once it's gone and maybe even more so depending on what it's replaced with.

Tricla
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
????? REALLY? oh no.

I think it's sad that we'll never be the type of club to have someone that good for long enough to score 100 goals again.

That's why Deeks leaving is sad IMO and that of many others.

snooky
01-06-2011, 09:56 PM

I bet they draw The Dole in the cup.

Tricla
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Maybe we'll appreciate what we had once it's gone and maybe even more so depending on what it's replaced with.

Hopefully we can appreciate what we had without what it's replaced with having a say!

BroxburnHibee
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Sit down shut up the lot of you. :greengrin

When you've suffered Westerhailes for 20 odd year there's no contest.

FFS I moved to Broxburn for a bit 'o peace :tee hee:

Tricla
01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Do you genuinely believe that never again in our clubs future/history, will a player score over 100 goals?!

Perhaps they will but how long will we wait.

Hasn't it been 30 odd years prior to Deeks?

hibsbollah
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I think it's sad that we'll never be the type of club to have someone that good for long enough to score 100 goals again.

That's why Deeks leaving is sad IMO and that of many others.

We'll have plenty 100+ scorers again, id guess we'll have another within 7 years. Football, like everything else, goes in cycles and Hibs will be around for a long time to come. Dont worry so much :-)

Judas Iscariot
01-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Ok, so before DR did who came close?

BEEJ
01-06-2011, 10:26 PM
We'll have plenty 100+ scorers again, id guess we'll have another within 7 years. Football, like everything else, goes in cycles and Hibs will be around for a long time to come. Dont worry so much :-)
Any player scoring over 100 goals for one club will have to be scoring at a rate of at least 12 a season. Once they do that for two or three consecutive seasons, the player will be tempted away by a club able to offer him greater rewards for his talents.

It's no longer financially viable for a club like Hibs to resist the offers coming their way in order to hold on to a player like that for 8 - 10 seasons.

So I believe Tricia will be proved correct on this one. :greengrin

hibeemikey21
01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Ok, so before DR did who came close?

Im not sure, but I think its a bit mental to suggest Riordan will be our last ever player who scores 100+. Who knows, maybe if O'Connor does come back and finishes his career here, it could be him next.

sleeping giant
01-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Sit down shut up the lot of you. :greengrin

When you've suffered Westerhailes for 20 odd year there's no contest.

FFS I moved to Broxburn for a bit 'o peace :tee hee:

I loved Westerhailes!

Glad i don't stay there now though :greengrin

TPAKA
01-06-2011, 10:48 PM

Fairly derogeratory remark to make in general terms, never mind aimed at Riordan in particular. :rolleyes:

Can't be doing with people who make generic references to where people are brought up. Which the word "schemie" infers to me.

Anywho, if he's gone all the best. I doubt I'll ever see another player score 100+ goals for the Hibs, though one can hope.

silverhibee
01-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Guess it was inevitable given the signs.

Still gutted if true, I always held onto the smallest hope that he would opt to finish his career with us.

Who says he wont. :wink: :greengrin

TPAKA
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM

:agree: Funnily enough one of the best goals, IMO, he ever scored wasn't even a goal. The disallowed 35yd (ish) left foot volley from the West Stand touchline, 4-4 game v Dundee. Stunning, stunning strike and as you state the audacity to even try it. Quality.

Best was 1st ever goal against the Yams at ER. "Shaping for the shottttttttt......."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMPpUe2TZU

Fair play big man. :agree:

sahib
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=TPAKA;2818699]:agree: Funnily enough one of the best goals, IMO, he ever scored wasn't even a goal. The disallowed 35yd (ish) left foot volley from the West Stand touchline, 4-4 game v Dundee. Stunning, stunning strike and as you state the audacity to even try it. Quality. QUOTE]

:agree: I think I have mentioned that strike on here myself.
A nice little side we had shaping up then. What a pity those controlling the club did not have the ambition or wit to realise, that then was the time to invest in a talented young team and manager - not ****ing well cash in.

snooky
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM

You can be a right :stirrer: at times.

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 11:39 PM

Who says he hasn't? :wink:

Saorsa
01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Well if he's gone he'll go with best wishes for His future and thanks from me for many great goals and great memories. We'll do well tae get another like him, in fact I cannae wait tae see what we replace him with.

TrickyNicky
01-06-2011, 11:45 PM

Does Niddrie, Greendykes get any points ?

Judas Iscariot
01-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Im not sure, but I think its a bit mental to suggest Riordan will be our last ever player who scores 100+. Who knows, maybe if O'Connor does come back and finishes his career here, it could be him next.

Ifs, buts and maybes..

Anyone who plays for us and looks like they could do the ton would be sold within 2 seasons MAX!

Like Stokes..

Sodje, Donaldson, MAC, Nish, Vaz Te, Duffy etc, these are the norm over the last few years for us and will continue to be for seasons to come!

Riordan is the last of a dying breed, not just for Hibs but for any team outwith the OF..

hibernia_inn
02-06-2011, 12:34 AM

Oooops that will learn me to read through all the posts.....Apologies

TrickyNicky
02-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Oooops that will learn me to read through all the posts.....Apologies

Well done - that's the first time I've ever seen " a triple " !:greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
02-06-2011, 04:46 AM

Riordan was one of the most talented players we've had at the club in the last 30 years. His scoring record and quality of goals was exceptional and it will be years before we see the likes again.

If Riordan underperformed in the last few months at Hibs or had attitudinal problems, then we can only blame his managers who's job it is to motivate, develop and maximise the potential of each player. Hughes and CC in particular seem to have been unable to properly manage DR and get the most out of his talent. We can all point at the player being lazy, disinterested and having poor body language, but I'd always blame the manager for their lack of ability to do their job.

Bets of luck to DR, wherever he goes. It has been a pleasure watching him ply his trade in the Hibs G&W.

soupy
02-06-2011, 05:14 AM

Aye I remember you scraping all the chewing gum off the streets when Ye were a boy......

Tricla
02-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Any player scoring over 100 goals for one club will have to be scoring at a rate of at least 12 a season. Once they do that for two or three consecutive seasons, the player will be tempted away by a club able to offer him greater rewards for his talents.

It's no longer financially viable for a club like Hibs to resist the offers coming their way in order to hold on to a player like that for 8 - 10 seasons.

So I believe Tricia will be proved correct on this one. :greengrin

:grr::greengrin

Ifs, buts and maybes..

Anyone who plays for us and looks like they could do the ton would be sold within 2 seasons MAX!

Like Stokes..

Sodje, Donaldson, MAC, Nish, Vaz Te, Duffy etc, these are the norm over the last few years for us and will continue to be for seasons to come!

Riordan is the last of a dying breed, not just for Hibs but for any team outwith the OF..

I agree folks. We'll be lucky to see another with 100+ potential and if we do he'll be another export well before the milestone is reached unless there are drastic changes in the clubs approach.

Andy74
02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Who cares if we get anyone who will score 100 + goals over a career with us?

If we had a striker here for ten years that score ten goals a season that wouldn't really excite me.

What we could do with is a striker that will score 15 to 20 goals a season and IF we can keep getting a supply of them I don't care how long they stay.

Sodje has been scoring at that rate, Stokes was scoring at that rate, Killen could score at that rate, Fletcher maybe, O'Connor.

Riordan recently was not scoring at that rate so his grand total makes no real odds to the future of this team.

Riordans Boots
02-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I would just like to say a humungus thank you for the Hibernian goals :not worth:flag: and I wish Derek the very best of luck in whichever club he plays for :agree:

Derek Riordan - 104 Hibernian goals = LEGEND :agree::not worth

And I'm keeping my avatar and signature :greengrin

khib70
02-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Riordan was one of the most talented players we've had at the club in the last 30 years. His scoring record and quality of goals was exceptional and it will be years before we see the likes again.

If Riordan underperformed in the last few months at Hibs or had attitudinal problems, then we can only blame his managers who's job it is to motivate, develop and maximise the potential of each player. Hughes and CC in particular seem to have been unable to properly manage DR and get the most out of his talent. We can all point at the player being lazy, disinterested and having poor body language, but I'd always blame the manager for their lack of ability to do their job.

Bets of luck to DR, wherever he goes. It has been a pleasure watching him ply his trade in the Hibs G&W.
:rolleyes:Astonishing, if typical, Riordan post. Basically it reads, when he's good it's all down to him, but when he underachieves, it's the manager's fault. A sterling example of the utterly uncritical attitude to DR exhibited on a board where the slightest lapse from brilliance by any other player generates a torrent of abuse.

If he's the great, "one of us" Hibee his love-in crew believe him to be, he won't need a manager or anyone else to motivate him to play for the jersey. Something he hasn't done for quite some time now.

He's a player gifted with a great natural talent. At his best, certainly one of the real stars of his generation. At his worst, though, selfish, lazy and petulant. He has wasted his talent all by himself, without any help from managers. Every manager he's ever had has had their doubts about him and how he applies and manages his huge talent. Are they all useless? Of course not.

I feel sad that he never realised his huge potential and glad that at least we had the best of him. I wish him success wherever he finds himself, but that's down to him - the list of others who can be blamed for his underachievement has run out.

Beefster
02-06-2011, 08:42 AM
:rolleyes:Astonishing, if typical, Riordan post. Basically it reads, when he's good it's all down to him, but when he underachieves, it's the manager's fault. A sterling example of the utterly uncritical attitude to DR exhibited on a board where the slightest lapse from brilliance by any other player generates a torrent of abuse.

If he's the great, "one of us" Hibee his love-in crew believe him to be, he won't need a manager or anyone else to motivate him to play for the jersey. Something he hasn't done for quite some time now.

He's a player gifted with a great natural talent. At his best, certainly one of the real stars of his generation. At his worst, though, selfish, lazy and petulant. He has wasted his talent all by himself, without any help from managers. Every manager he's ever had has had their doubts about him and how he applies and manages his huge talent. Are they all useless? Of course not.

I feel sad that he never realised his huge potential and glad that at least we had the best of him. I wish him success wherever he finds himself, but that's down to him - the list of others who can be blamed for his underachievement has run out.

Well said.

lucky
02-06-2011, 09:12 AM
DR when playing well is outstanding but in the last season it just never happened. It also grates me that he had walked away from Hibs again. This is second time he has done this. Whilst many claim he is a legend for me he is not. Hibs have given more to him than he has to us. It cost us more to get him back from the spin offs than we got for him. So whilst he can score goals I'm sure Hibs will be more successful than he will be over the next few years.

marinello59
02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
DR when playing well is outstanding but in the last season it just never happened. It also grates me that he had walked away from Hibs again. This is second time he has done this. Whilst many claim he is a legend for me he is not. Hibs have given more to him than he has to us. It cost us more to get him back from the spin offs than we got for him. So whilst he can score goals I'm sure Hibs will be more successful than he will be over the next few years.

Eh? What was he supposed to do this time? His contract has ended and by the way it has panned out it seems to suit both parties for the time being.

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 11:31 AM

You're right Andy. I would raise Burdiehouse if I was the City Council.

It was such a nice area with decent folk when I lived there. Looks like it went right downhill somewhere around about the early 90's. :greengrin

YBS Ya Bass. :aok:

Keith_M
02-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Ahem!

My apologies

Too many Andys

seanraff07
02-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Cheers Derek for the memories and good luck.

Best Deek moment since he returned in 2008 has got to be THAT penalty at PBS :agree:

Jim44
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM

The first time left a bad smell but this time is completely understandable for me. Hibs simply can't offer anything near the money he'll be looking for, so it's unfair to blame him. :dunno:

silverhibee
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM

WTF. :rolleyes:

dangermouse
02-06-2011, 12:38 PM
While I don't think anyone is doubting what Deek is / was capable of and you can't argue with his goal tally but I can't find it in myself to say that's enough for the times he didn't pull his weight. A player can be talented AND lazy. It just strikes me as being a waste of talent. Imagine what he might have achieved if he didn't take his foot off the gas? I'm not saying that Deek is an older version of Messi but I think that one of the differences between a good player and a great player is how you apply yourself and whenever I've watched Messi he's always in the game. Having talent is only part of the package.

So I am grateful for all that he did but I find myself lamenting at what might have been.

Why oh why oh why is Deek still labelled with the LAZY tag? Since his return from the lesser greens he has been far from lazy. Too many people believe what they read in the papers or listen to the crap that Craig Levin spouts about him. Maybe if they took time out to watch Deek and what he does for the team during a game maybe they would change their minds. His frustration was obvious in games but lazy, have a word.

Riordans Boots
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Cheers Derek for the memories and good luck.

Best Deek moment since he returned in 2008 has got to be THAT penalty at PBS :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKZZaGUZk4&feature=related :thumbsup::not worth

Beefster
02-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Why oh why oh why is Deek still labelled with the LAZY tag? Since his return from the lesser greens he has been far from lazy. Too many people believe what they read in the papers or listen to the crap that Craig Levin spouts about him. Maybe if they took time out to watch Deek and what he does for the team during a game maybe they would change their minds. His frustration was obvious in games but lazy, have a word.

Ian Murray, in his BBC interview this week, effectively said Riordan was lazy too.