PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC - Whats to like?

Greentinted
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I am as bad as the next guy for mumping and moaning, laying forth my ill-informed, out of the know opinions on all things Hibs (and football chat in general :greengrin) so I got to wonder what it is that I actually like about being a Hibby.

In no particular order:

The colour green, the sense of belonging every time I am inside Easter Road, that indescribable thrill I get when the team runs out prior to kick-off, memories of the huge east terrace and kicking down the slope in the second half, the fact that when we win something of substance it REALLY matters and we can celebrate unlike the nasty weegie bigots, Turnbull and his Tornadoes, Pat Stanton, Erich, Arthur Duncan, Frank Sauzee and Russell, the illuminated skyline above EH7 on a dreich November mid-week, the flair myth which when it happens - it truly happens, we are not Hearts and will never be as disparate and disorientated as them, my collection of home strips and the memories they trigger, being part of something which defines both Edinburgh and Leith and knowing that regardless of diaphanous performances, disappointments and surprises I will be there for Hibs as Hibs will be there for me.
Altogether its really a win-win; even when we lose!

Jack
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
And remember all your Hibby mates, salt of the earth. :aok:

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
A club with proper tradition and history and, to this day, a club that acts with dignity.

SRHibs
01-06-2011, 06:40 PM
There's still a lot of stuff to like, but I do feel that the longer this current trend of poor form, 'manager in, manager out' and just the general feeling of apathy last, the more disinterested I become in Hibs. Being at the games just doesn't hold the same ambiance it used to. The general mood at games is pretty dire, and the feeling of 'forced atmosphere' that the 12th man brings to the table just doesn't do that much for me if truth be told (good on them for trying though).

Obviously I'll never stray from Hibs, but I can see my interest in football dwindling quite a bit unless there's a pretty big turn of events at Easter Road.

Here's hoping we've hit rock bottom, and we're on the up from now on. Praying that Rod Petrie loosens the purse strings a bit so we can get a little bit of quality in the team, or at least a player or two that'll invoke a bit of excitement - and sell a few hundred extra season tickets.:agree:

ScottB
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
As Ian Murray said on Reporting Scotland, we need to stop making negativity out of positivity all the time.

Plenty to like!

Kaiser1962
01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
A club with proper tradition and history and, to this day, a club that acts with dignity.

And honesty and transparency.

Kaiser1962
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
As Ian Murray said on Reporting Scotland, we need to stop making negativity out of positivity all the time.

Plenty to like!

I suspect most other clubs are just as bad although, when we have a season like the last, the trickle of dissent becomes a flood.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
The New East, the Old East, the even Older East. The cowshed.

1two
01-06-2011, 10:24 PM
We may never have the greatest team in the world but we are and always will be the greatest club in the world - bar none.

TrickyNicky
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Everything!
I love Hibs, my Great Grandad did, my Grandad did, my Dad does, I do and so do my kids (and they've never even seen them play at ER ).

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Whats to like?

Knowing that when you are at ER the folk sitting around you are there out of a genuine passion for their club and not just a bunch of glory hunters.

The thought that though we are bad just now there will be a period sometime in the not ( I hope ) too distant future where things come together for a season and we are great to watch. its happened before.

The fact that though we are rubbish in the Scottish cup over 1000 fans are still prepared to travel all the way to Dingwall in the middle of the week to support the team, not to ention over 3000 following the team to Bolton just for the fun of it.

The best strip in the SPL and one of the best stadiums in the UK never mind Scotland.

Knowing that we have been at the forefront of many things which are now standard in the game.

Not being a Yam :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
02-06-2011, 02:40 PM
The thought that no matter how bad a weekend I have had or how bad a day at work, I can look in that mirror in the morning and say " GT, at least you are still a Hibby my son". Good enough for me.

LeithBoozy
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Knowing, we might not be the greatest, but will always be the finest. :greengrin :flag::wink:

iwasthere1972
02-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Knowing that we don't have to budget for Europe, Scottish Cup ties, League Cup ties or even that useless Festival Cup.

Hibs I luv ya.