PDA

View Full Version : New shirt day!!!!!

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Away from alll the doom and gloom.....

Its the release day of the new home top! :flag:

I know its not everybody's cup o' tea but lets get behind the team and the manager. Buy it and buy it early. Give CC as much monney as possible to improve the team.

Glory glory to the Hibees!!!

p.s. Are there extended opening hours from the club store. :wink:

Tricla
01-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Away from alll the doom and gloom.....

:tsk tsk::rules:

Give CC as much monney as possible to improve the team.

I think if we knew this would happen we'd all buy one even if considered bowfin by some.

I like it FWIW and will be getting one.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-06-2011, 07:45 AM
If i were going on hols id buy it, but sadly thats not happening

Bohemian_Hibee
01-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Safe to assume the club posted jersey's yesterday...for arrival today (in Scotland) soooooo......I should expect mine to arrive in Dublin tomorrow?

Once it arrives by Friday anyway, off to sunny Seville on Saturday and hoping to give the top it's first european outing. Spain won't know what's hit it :na na:

Big Frank
01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
I know CC will get everypenny spent on season tickets to invest in the playing squad, but didn't know that he would receive our money for strips aswell.

Is this the case :confused:

marinello59
01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I know CC will get everypenny spent on season tickets to invest in the playing squad, but didn't know that he would receive our money for strips aswell.

Is this the case :confused:

I don't think the OP has said that. Probably thinking more along the lines of the more income the club has the better. It's not unreasonable to assume this could lead to slightly more investment in the team.

Big Frank
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't think the OP has said that. Probably thinking more along the lines of the more income the club has the better. It's not unreasonable to assume this could lead to slightly more investment in the team.

No probs marinello.

OP was on about buying strips and buying them early and giving CC as much money as possible to improve the team.

It reads that if you buy the strip, CC gets the cash.

Glad you've sorted my confusion :thumbsup:

callumstewart
01-06-2011, 09:44 AM
just got the top i like it but do not like the crabbies on the back of the top :no way:

SteveHFC
01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
No socks in the shop. They are bringing them in at the end of the month.

bobhfc
01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Do you know if they are doing shirt printing today?

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Is Sproule going to be 17?

California-Hibs
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Not a huge fan of the new top, but i will be buying both the home and away as usual reguardless! :agree:

Off to Berlin for 5 days at the end of June and then Malaga for 2 weeks at the end of July, the top will be getting worn on both holidays! :thumbsup:

There's just something about getting hold of the new top's and having them for your summer holiday, walking about the streets! :agree:

AndersonGGTTH
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
i was the first prerson to buy/wear new strip :na na:

And am now famous on the hibs website (thats me in the middle:agree::agree:)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110601/hibernian-home-kit-launched_2262950_2369962

LancashireHibby
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM
For those who have already bought it - is it the same 'clingy' material as last season's home strip? If so, I won't be bothering (bit strange that last year's strips were completely different in the away one being a decent fit and the home one fit for only pro footballers, and even then not many of the Hibs team!)

AndersonGGTTH
01-06-2011, 11:00 AM
For those who have already bought it - is it the same 'clingy' material as last season's home strip? If so, I won't be bothering (bit strange that last year's strips were completely different in the away one being a decent fit and the home one fit for only pro footballers, and even then not many of the Hibs team!)

good word choice , and yeh afraid so man but maybe not as bad !

LancashireHibby
01-06-2011, 11:04 AM
good word choice , and yeh afraid so man but maybe not as bad !

I'll wait for the away strip to come in that in that case and see if that ones any better!

Hibstrooper
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
I'll wait for the away strip to come in that in that case and see if that ones any better!

:agree:

This top is actually the opposite of a grower for me. I'm not liking it as much as when I first saw it. If the new away top is indeed black I'll probably opt for that.

AndersonGGTTH
01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
i have proudly got it on my body just now and think it looks smarter when its actually on you !

Kojock
01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Got a £50 voucher for the Hibs shop for my birthday. Went to buy the new top today and handed over the voucher and my £10 off coupon. The girl said "Im sorry but I cant give you any change" I said I was not expecting money back but would take vouchers. "Cant do that either," she replied, "You will have to buy something else or lose £20."

So Im now back home without the new top. :grr:

SaulGoodman
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Anyone got a picture of Crabbies logo on the back of the shirt? I've heard about it but never seen it.

Kojock
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Take it from me it does not flatter the fuller figure. :wink:

Hibs90
01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Got a £50 voucher for the Hibs shop for my birthday. Went to buy the new top today and handed over the voucher and my £10 off coupon. The girl said "Im sorry but I cant give you any change" I said I was not expecting money back but would take vouchers. "Cant do that either," she replied, "You will have to buy something else or lose £20."

Couldn't you just have got something else? :wink:

EH6 Hibby
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
No socks in the shop. They are bringing them in at the end of the month.

Not impressed with that at all, I went up earlier for my sons new strip and got told the same, so he's not got any socks to wear with it till the end of the month, he's not even got last years because he got the away strip and the goalie strip last year and the socks for them are black. I'm going to have to see if I can buy him a plain green pair till the end of the month to wear to football training. :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2011, 12:04 PM
The club store is only open 9am until 5pm tonight.

A little short sighted considering this is shirt release day.

Opening for another 2 hours i.e. 8-6 or 9-7 could have seen a lot more tops sold. Especially me as I can't get to the store until Saturday now.

IMO

Thoughts?

Kojock
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Couldn't you just have got something else? :wink:

Had a look round but didnt see anything that I fancied, apart from the attractive looking girl from STV. :drool::aok:

Kojock
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Opening for another 2 hours i.e. 8-6 or 9-7 could have seen a lot more tops sold. Especially me as I can't get to the store until Saturday now.

IMO

Thoughts?

The shop staff were willing to work overtime but Petrie wouldn't pay them as Hibs are cutting back on staff costs. :devil:

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
The shop staff were willing to work overtime but Petrie wouldn't pay them as Hibs are cutting back on staff costs. :devil:

Oh yeah. Wasn't trying to blame the shop staff.

Still seems very silly to me.

.Sean.
01-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Hearts have unveiled their new home kit today too. Although it's obviously a bogging maroon, they've opted for a simplistic and traditional design - something i'd have loved to have seen Hibs pick ahead of this generic abortron of a kit Puma have left us with.

DrSpaceMonkey
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Anyone got a picture of Crabbies logo on the back of the shirt? I've heard about it but never seen it.

here you go

Calvin
01-06-2011, 01:01 PM

I just bought the strip with my vBookie vouchers so go back now and they should have some in the till to give you as change!

I was the only person in the shop, but then again it's hardly a peak shopping time.

California-Hibs
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
here you go

Without trying to sound stupid, but where is the players name going to be now then? :confused: Just under the 'Crabbies' logo? That will look abit daft surely because the name will be near enough in the middle of the top!

marinello59
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Without trying to sound stupid, but where is the players name going to be now then? :confused: Just under the 'Crabbies' logo? That will look abit daft surely because the name will be near enough in the middle of the top!

This is an unfortunate design flaw. Every player has therefore been obliged to change their name to' Crabbies' by deed poll.

Hibs90
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn. Got the wrong size. If I take it back will they swap it for a larger one?

Bristolhibby
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Take it from me it does not flatter the fuller figure. :wink:

Nooooooooooo!!!! Don't they know that most Scottish men are bloaters?

Or is it just me?

J

Greentinted
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Hearts have unveiled their new home kit today too. Although it's obviously a bogging maroon, they've opted for a simplistic and traditional design - something i'd have loved to have seen Hibs pick ahead of this generic abortron of a kit Puma have left us with.

Have to agree here. Although it's balanced out by the ridiculously crass sponsor's logo.

Having seen our home shirt in the flesh (as it were) my opinion has only been compounded. Horrid. Roll on 2012/13

SteveHFC
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Not impressed with that at all, I went up earlier for my sons new strip and got told the same, so he's not got any socks to wear with it till the end of the month, he's not even got last years because he got the away strip and the goalie strip last year and the socks for them are black. I'm going to have to see if I can buy him a plain green pair till the end of the month to wear to football training. :rolleyes:

Hibs and Puma - Useless

Ritchie
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
here you go

thats totally gash!

will the names be printed below the numbers like in some other continental leagues?? :confused:

hibsbollah
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
thats totally gash!

will the names be printed below the numbers like in some other continental leagues?? :confused:

I think they'll go above the crabbies...looks like theres room (just).

Ritchie
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM

only if they tattoo the name on their necks.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
thats totally gash!

Was talking to the young boy in the shop.

We got ALOT more money for having the sponsor on our back.

He didn't say the ammount but as long as it makes business sense.

Glory glory

erin go bragh
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
here you go

Why why why put crabbies on the back? out of order and just looks plain stupid :confused:
Total piss take and i wont be buying it .
ggtth

Bristolhibby
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Why why why put crabbies on the back? out of order and just looks plain stupid :confused:
Total piss take and i wont be buying it .
ggtth

See above post

Cocaine&Caviar
01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
The sponsor on the back has put me off buying it, so thats £40 less for them.

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm unsure about it now, still think I will get it anyway...

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Below, seen Murray was wearing it on TV, with Murray and 6 underneath logo....

Kojock
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Why :confused: If Hibs make more money from Crabbies then thats fine by me.

wick hibby
01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Damn. Got the wrong size. If I take it back will they swap it for a larger one?

Yes thay did the same 2 me :aok:

Cocaine&Caviar
01-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Why :confused: If Hibs make more money from Crabbies then thats fine by me.

Because it looks absolutly gash. Have it on the match day shirts by all means, but not the ones for the supporters to walk around in.

Kojock
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Because it looks absolutly gash. Have it on the match day shirts by all means, but not the ones for the supporters to walk around in.

Thats the whole point of shirt sponsorship, its not just for match day. They want the brand to get as much exposure as possible and that means supporters wearing the top out and about.

DAVE1875
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Seems more people would rather go for looks over money. Personally if we had to play in a bright pink top but it gave usmoney to buy in top quality SPL players I'd think "Meh, it's only a colour", so if this sponsor on the back of the shirt gives us money to possibley buy good players I'd still think "Meh, it's getting us money"

Cocaine&Caviar
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Seems more people would rather go for looks over money. Personally if we had to play in a bright pink top but it gave usmoney to buy in top quality SPL players I'd think "Meh, it's only a colour", so if this sponsor on the back of the shirt gives us money to possibley buy good players I'd still think "Meh, it's getting us money"

So you'd buy it then?

LancashireHibby
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd expect the profit margins on selling x number of strips would be tiny compared to the sponsorship deal.

ALF TUPPER
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I would like a strip with no sponsors name on it. Do the Hibbys do such a thing ? Anyone know ? :greengrin

DAVE1875
01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
So you'd buy it then?

Yes I would

Big Frank
02-06-2011, 09:06 AM

I would say "meh" to pink.

You've got to draw the line somewhere! We are the famous greenjerseys.

Makaveli
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I know that it must make 'business sense' but the sponsor on the back has put me right off getting it... boggin.

Ritchie
02-06-2011, 11:11 AM
i hope we dont sign an Eastern European player with the surname of "IVGOT"........

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
:agree:

This top is actually the opposite of a grower for me. I'm not liking it as much as when I first saw it. If the new away top is indeed black I'll probably opt for that.

Me too. At first I thought it was not too bad and was going to get it, but the more I see of it the less I fancy it. Also have noticed that the last few home tops I have bought seem to have an ever bigger sticky out bit in the front, no sure what thats aboot :greengrin

Will only think of buying any away top if its white or puple. Black is soooo boring.

After all that I probably will end up getting it :confused:

Pete
02-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Still really like it.

I would go down to the shop tomorrow and get a top for me and a junior kit for the wee man but I can't. I reassured the other half that all that stuff I got for a tenner a few months ago was the new kit and he would still be in the latest gear during the summer.

Looks like I'll have to wait until next year...when its all about a tenner again.

DrSpaceMonkey
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Anyone else's back logo stick to the leather sitee? Had to change t-shirts cos every time I moved it sounded like peeling velcro, could of just been with todays heat

Hibeesb0unc3
02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
i'm waiting till the away strip comes out so i can then choose which i like better out of the away and home top

The Harp Awakes
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Wasn't keen on the home shirt when I first saw it and still not keen.

Hoping for a decent away top preferably in white/green. Anybody know when the away top is due out?

California-Hibs
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Wasn't keen on the home shirt when I first saw it and still not keen.

Hoping for a decent away top preferably in white/green. Anybody know when the away top is due out?

I was wondering about this also, anyone shed any light?

LaMotta
02-06-2011, 10:50 PM
the sponsor logos are a total disgrace! It would be so easy to make it look half decent - something other than horrendous looking iron on plastic logo which will come off in the wash after six months.

cant believe that a global sports brand and Hibernian manage to make such a cheap looking outfit
:grr:

marleyhib
02-06-2011, 11:08 PM
OMG that is totally minging, and no I am not a yam

bingo70
03-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Got to laugh at people that aren't buying it because of the sponsors logo on the back of it, is everyone aware that replica football strips on grown adults look ridiculous whether there's a sponsors logo on the back of it or not? The fact it says crabbies on the back won't make one little bit of difference to how good it looks on you i'm afraid.

If the club make an extra pound a year out of it the board wouldn't have been doing their job right by not getting advertising on the back.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Got to laugh at people that aren't buying it because of the sponsors logo on the back of it, is everyone aware that replica football strips on grown adults look ridiculous whether there's a sponsors logo on the back of it or not? The fact it says crabbies on the back won't make one little bit of difference to how good it looks on you i'm afraid.

If the club make an extra pound a year out of it the board wouldn't have been doing their job right by not getting advertising on the back.

Probably right mate, 50 odd year old saddos like me for instance should know better and every year I tell myself that "this will be the last year".

But then I think "Oh sod it, who cares what other folk think" when you look at some of the fashion disasters that folk wear in day to day life wearing a fitba top for a few hours on a Saturday ( and it is only to matches ) aint that bad.

:greengrin

bingo70
03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Probably right mate, 50 odd year old saddos like me for instance should know better and every year I tell myself that "this will be the last year".

But then I think "Oh sod it, who cares what other folk think" when you look at some of the fashion disasters that folk wear in day to day life wearing a fitba top for a few hours on a Saturday ( and it is only to matches ) aint that bad.

:greengrin

Exactly my point though, if you or others want to say "who cares what others think" then why worry what they think about a wee sponsorship logo on the back, thats the least of your worries :greengrin

I used to wear football strips to matches in the hope if someone never turned up i could get a game, i think at 29 though they'd probably find someone a bit younger than me now (:boo hoo:) so i no longer buy football strips other than for playing fives or to show support to teams that are playing england at world cups etc

sambajustice
03-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Got mine today. The reason? Its different!

I've hardly bought any home tops over the years because there's very little difference in them. The last 3 I have had are, The "Sauzee" Carlsberg one, the Whyte & Mackay with the badge inside the collar and the new one.

i only bought the Whyte & Mackay one because I hadnt bought a home one in so long.

The logo on the back? Preference would be not to have it but to be honest it doesnt make too much difference.

i would also like something fairly radical for an away strip. Hoops? Red? Anything but black!!!

.Sean.
03-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I was wondering about this also, anyone shed any light?The photoshoot was done last month, around the same time as the home. I reckon that as normal they had planned to unveil the away first but as the home was leaked they decided to show off that first.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The photoshoot was done last month, around the same time as the home. I reckon that as normal they had planned to unveil the away first but as the home was leaked they decided to show off that first.

Thats what I thought.

The home shirt being revealed/released first seems to have bucked the trend of the last few years.

Austinho
03-06-2011, 11:43 AM
This shirt is up there with the worst we've had, and that is before they added the sponsors logo on the front and back (which incidentally makes Hibs look very amateur). I read somewhere the Crabbie's logo will also be going on the shorts once the current shorts deal is over – I'm praying that is in place of having it on the back, otherwise the logo overkill will continue to make us look like some awful French team.

I'm all for trying something a bit different, but only if it actually looks alright! And why are the sleeves about 3 inches too long on all the Puma templates? Sooner we get rid the better in my opinion.

Hibstrooper
03-06-2011, 12:01 PM
is everyone aware that replica football strips on grown adults look ridiculous whether there's a sponsors logo on the back of it or not?

i no longer buy football strips other than for playing fives or to show support to teams that are playing england at world cups etc

You must look pretty ridiculous when you are playing :na na:

I tend to just let my skills on the ball show me up as looking ridiculous :greengrin

Bohemian_Hibee
03-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Safe to assume the club posted jersey's yesterday...for arrival today (in Scotland) soooooo......I should expect mine to arrive in Dublin tomorrow?

Once it arrives by Friday anyway, off to sunny Seville on Saturday and hoping to give the top it's first european outing. Spain won't know what's hit it :na na:

:grr::brickwall:grr::brickwall

3 days after 'launch' and STILL no sign of jersey, so doesn't look like I'll be wearing it this weekend in Spain.

Disgusted