PDA

View Full Version : The great season ticket swindle

Lofarl
31-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I have just posted this over on P&B and thought I'd post it here too.

Ive been doing a little research on Season Ticket prices. I have based the prices on a single adult, none of that family nonsense and using the early bird etc to see what the cheapest seat is per club. I may be a bit wrong on some of them but hey its been a long day, please correct any thats wrong.

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Kilmarnock 330 (Theres a non OF game one too)

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Celtic 364 (May be cheaper ones but the websites a pain to navigate)

Rangers ??? (Asks me to log in, aye so I will)

So inconclusion Petrie is ripping us off bigtime. Aberdeens are decent. I know that these are based on the cheapest seats, yet the old firms ones are awful to navigate so I cant tell whats the cheapest at Celtics.

Gatecrasher
31-05-2011, 03:08 PM
My ST for the east was £405

I dont mind paying it if I get my money's worth, it's a big season coming up for us.

Jim44
31-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Ive been doing a little research on Season Ticket prices. I have based the prices on a single adult, none of that family nonsense and using the early bird etc to see what the cheapest seat is per club. I may be a bit wrong on some of them but hey its been a long day, please correct any thats wrong.

Hibs 355
Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

So inconclusion Petrie is ripping us off bigtime. Aberdeens are decent. I know that these are based on the cheapest seats, yet the old firms ones are awful to navigate so I cant tell whats the cheapest at Celtics.

Poorest value for money in the SPL. But that's not important. It maintains Petrie's reputation and keeps us up there as one of the best run clubs in the League. Great consolation for having to suffer the dross that's been served up for a few years. :greengrin

green&left
31-05-2011, 03:21 PM
£425 for Rangers in the Broamloan, £470 for Celtic. Both have 'incentives' (pretty sure its a free ticket for a home friendly and a free euro match).

As of June 13th you can add an extra tenner to adult prices for Hibs so that £355 will become £365. East will be £415.

hibsbollah
31-05-2011, 03:23 PM
its overpriced, no doubt about it. Still got one though.

Mikey
31-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Very useful info. I think I'll buy one for Inverness this season.

Saorsa
31-05-2011, 03:25 PM

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

So inconclusion Petrie is ripping us off bigtime. Aberdeens are decent. I know that these are based on the cheapest seats, yet the old firms ones are awful to navigate so I cant tell whats the cheapest at Celtics.Sure somebody will be along soon tae tell you what great value we are. :agree:

marinello59
31-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Why don't you compare like for like seats? I would need paid to sit in some parts of the other clubs grounds. How many cheap seats are available at these grounds compared to their full price seats? Why ignore family deals? Most people at ER don't pay full price. In fact a better comparision might be the average price that people actually pay.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Sure somebody will be along soon tae tell you what great value we are. :agree:

Why would anybody do that when its much more fun to keep sticking the boot in to the club?:confused:

down the slope
31-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Why don't you compare like for like seats? I would need paid to sit in some parts of the other clubs grounds. How many cheap seats are available at these grounds compared to their full price seats? Why ignore family deals? Most people at ER don't pay full price. In fact a better comparision might be the average price that people actually pay.

Why do you support everything the board does even when it is obvious that in this instance it's not value for money , how about making prices cheaper when the product is poor ?.

BoltonHibee
31-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Why would anybody do that when its much more fun to keep sticking the boot in to the club?:confused:

They've stuck the boot into us for long enough!

No more ST for me, they have taken the piss for too long now.

Hainan Hibs
31-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Just think of the precious wages to turnover ratio and think of the damage it is currently doing to the balance sheet we like to chug one off to each year.

355 is a bargain.

:greengrin

Saorsa
31-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Why don't you compare like for like seats? I would need paid to sit in some parts of the other clubs grounds. How many cheap seats are available at these grounds compared to their full price seats? Why ignore family deals? Most people at ER don't pay full price. In fact a better comparision might be the average price that people actually pay.For those of us that do pay full price it's interesting. I'm not interested in family deals or what the average price is, I'm interested on how others compare tae what I'm being asked for.

Sprouleflyer
31-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Just done a quick comparison for an adult ticket between Hibs, Hearts, Dun Utd, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Killie.

I have looked at the cheapest adult ticket to the most expensive for early bird and those who have missed the early bird.

Hibs - £355-£405 and £365-£415

Hearts - £270-£445 and £305-£485

Dun Utd - £299-£420 and £365-£440

Aberdeen - £293-415 and £314-£436

Motherwell - £270-£370 and £280-£380

Kilmarnock - £330, just the one price for an adult ticket, no early bird as far as I can see.

Where Hibs fail is by offering a cheap adult ticket, we are between £20-£85 more expensive, this may be an area for the Hibs board to look at, maybe offering bronze (sections at the end of each stand, both upper and lower, these sections are not getting filled at the moment), silver (lower and upper tier middle areas for FF and penalty box sections for West and East) and Gold (lower and upper tier middle sections for West and middle sections in the East), however we do not offer the most expensive adult ticket, in fact Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd offer more expensive adults tickets ranging from £10-£70 more than Hibs.

GreenPJ
31-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Why do you support everything the board does even when it is obvious that in this instance it's not value for money , how about making prices cheaper when the product is poor ?.

I agree that prices should be cheaper, not just when the product is poor either, however, its unfair to criticise the club against other clubs when the comparison is not like for like.

PatHead
31-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hearts supporter advises me that the 270 tickets were early bird and really poor seats in the old stand. The "real" early bird price for his was £302 rising to £340 after early bird. (Still in the old stand)

Think quality of seat and view have to be taken into account...........surely

green&left
31-05-2011, 03:51 PM

I don't have a family. I'm not a student nor an OAP, therefore I have no interest in what other deals they have. The fact for me is that Hibs are charging £365-£415 for a season ticket when it appears to be considerably less elsewhere.

Jack
31-05-2011, 04:39 PM
These prices for watching Hibs twice a season is a scandal, much better value with an ER one – you get to see Hibs much more often :greengrin

darwenhibby
31-05-2011, 04:40 PM

No more ST for me, they have taken the piss for too long now.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Have you found something else to moan about now and gie us a' peace:shhhsh!:

PaulSmith
31-05-2011, 04:44 PM
A swindle he says, who's stealing the money then?

Gus Fring
31-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't have a family. I'm not a student nor an OAP, therefore I have no interest in what other deals they have. The fact for me is that Hibs are charging £365-£415 for a season ticket when it appears to be considerably less elsewhere.

I'm the same, I go on my own so recieve no discounts at all. I haven't decided if I'm renewing this season yet.

My own gripe to add is that because I missed the payment deadline this season (my own fault) but theres no option to pick it up later on. You also have to start paying for it a good 4 months before the season starts. I'd much rather pay more every month during the season to attend games.

bingo70
31-05-2011, 04:51 PM
So we should reduce ticket prices and at the same time show some ambition by increasing the playing budget?

We wouldn't sell many more season tickets if they were cheaper, if someone can't afford to pay £39p/month to pay it off then they probably shouldn't be getting a season ticket.

The only way to get more bums on seats is for the team to be less pish and the only way to do that is by getting better players on the park and unfortunately more often than not that costs money and it's got to come from somewhere.

Musselbound
31-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Hearts supporter advises me that the 270 tickets were early bird and really poor seats in the old stand. The "real" early bird price for his was £302 rising to £340 after early bird. (Still in the old stand)

Provided these seats are still facing the pitch at ER then we have been short-changed of late. If on the other hand you're talking about views out over the Firth of Forth to take our minds off what's happening on the pitch then you might have a point.

Gus Fring
31-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I think offering the corners of the West Upper at a slightly reduced rate would result in slight boost. I'd be very interested to know how many Category B ticket holders are upgrading to a full ticket this season.

Barney McGrew
31-05-2011, 05:14 PM
It would also be interesting to see a comparison between what other clubs charge for similar seats e.g. East/West Stand along the side of the pitch. A lot of the cheaper seats elsewhere seems to be for seats behind the goals and in corners.

Seats in the Wheatfield at the PBS for instance are more expensive than what we get charged for a similar viewing position - £455 as an early bird and £465 after for upper tier and £355/£400 for lower (the first ten rows or so).

Aberdeen's Main Stand is £415/£436.

The middle of the stand opposite the main Stand at Parkhead is £543 for lower tier and £482 for upper tier.

Lots of clubs have different pricing structures for different parts of the ground, while we have pretty much one price all round (in the main). For some parts of ER that's a huge bonus, for others it's not.

Arch Stanton
31-05-2011, 05:27 PM
You should really factor in the cup top-up as well - or do all clubs include that?

Andy74
31-05-2011, 05:36 PM
No real swindle. Like for like comparisons come our not too bad and the facilities are good. You can either buy or not and can see from the accounts where the cash goes.

scoopyboy
31-05-2011, 06:00 PM
The £270 Tynecastle effort is in the Asbestos Stand complete with pillars and wooden floors. Safety Certificate will bite them soon.

Compare the Gorgie with the FF or the Wheatfield with the East and you will see a different picture.

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2011, 06:12 PM
From a students point of view, my was cheap as chips. That's for West Upper, literally as central as you can get without buying the posh seats.

.Sean.
31-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I had to pay for mine myself, and as i've not attended college this year I haven't received a student card so my East stand seat has cost me £405.

It's easily affordable however, i'm paying via the payment plan which is something paltry like £37 a month. I've got a superb view from my spot in the East, the facilities are fine and I got my free cup top-up, so I don't feel hard done by in the slightest, to be honest.

sahib
31-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I had to pay for mine myself, and as i've not attended college this year I haven't received a student card so my East stand seat has cost me £405.

It's easily affordable however, i'm paying via the payment plan which is something paltry like £37 a month. I've got a superb view from my spot in the East, the facilities are fine and I got my free cup top-up, so I don't feel hard done by in the slightest, to be honest.

Why is the East so expensive? It should be the cheapest seats.
How long before this thread is terminated?

Dirkster23
31-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Why is the East so expensive? It should be the cheapest seats.
How long before this thread is terminated?

Out of interest, why should they be the cheapest?

Kaiser1962
31-05-2011, 07:02 PM
If folk don't want to pay, or don't want to go, then that's up to them. I don't get the moaning about it bit.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 07:07 PM

You could actually try to make a reasoned point rather than taking a cheap dig. A quick search will reveal that if you compare like for like seats Hibs don't come out of it that badly. You could try it. Or are you willing to blindly accept anything posted up on here which shows the club in a bad light?
As for the product being poor if your are saying what we saw last season wasn't worth what we paid then I would agree. However that is rather different from the club somehow swindling us. I take it you want us to compete in the SPL so are you able to explain how lowering prices would help improve the quality on the park?

Hibby Bairn
31-05-2011, 07:11 PM
More importantly can anyone give us a league table for relative costs of a pie and bovril please. This is especially important for us West standers as we get no sunshine to warm us up. Easties will clearly be more interested in ice cold cokes. Do you get ice cream over there as well?

Kaiser1962
31-05-2011, 07:14 PM
More importantly can anyone give us a league table for relative costs of a pie and bovril please. This is especially important for us West standers as we get no sunshine to warm us up. Easties will clearly be more interested in ice cold cokes. Do you get ice cream over there as well?

Pleny of comparison tables on this thread (if someone could do a hyperlink, I cant)

Hearts : The 3rd force (Hibs the 4th)

No pies though !!

A few posters on this thread should avoid it though.

leith_hibs
31-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Hibs 355

Hearts 270

Aberdeen 227

Dundee UTD 299

St Johnstone 295

St Mirren 250

Dunfermline 290

Motherwell 270

Inverness 240

Wonder what the player wages stats stand at :wink:

ancient hibee
31-05-2011, 07:18 PM
West Upper £140 for me-just get old -you've also got more to look back on:greengrin

down the slope
31-05-2011, 07:29 PM
You could actually try to make a reasoned point rather than taking a cheap dig. A quick search will reveal that if you compare like for like seats Hibs don't come out of it that badly. You could try it. Or are you willing to blindly accept anything posted up on here which shows the club in a bad light?
As for the product being poor if your are saying what we saw last season wasn't worth what we paid then I would agree. However that is rather different from the club somehow swindling us. I take it you want us to compete in the SPL so are you able to explain how lowering prices would help improve the quality on the park?

I never said they were swindling us but there are a fair few on here who think we are paying over the odds for what's on offer. Lowering prices might get more of the waverers back instead we hold prices when money has never been so tight for most folk in years. By the way there was never meant to be a cheap dig but i noticed you take the boards side quite a few times where i certainly do not , what do you think of the chances of Rods idea for the ten team league ?, looks like it's a no go.

IWasThere2016
31-05-2011, 07:35 PM

The only view that matters is what's on the park .. that's not been top of the priority list in recent years IMHO.

HibsMax
31-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I know I am on a hiding to nothing with this but season ticket prices are like anything else you spend your hard earned money on. Value is relative. Is a Porsche worth more than Mercedes? Is it worth more than a Ferrari? Is it worth more than a Kia? There is no right or wrong answer because it's subjective. I'll bet there are people out there who spend 10s of thousands on a car but end up spending more on maintenance than someone who buys a much cheaper car.

It's really difficult to rate season ticket prices objectively because not every stadium has the same quality of facilities. And then there is the human element too. You can't put a price on that.

Hibs can't raise the prices when we're doing good and then drop them when we're doing bad because recent history has shown us that we're not in it for the long haul. We get one or two good seasons and then drop off again.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I never said they were swindling us but there are a fair few on here who think we are paying over the odds for what's on offer. Lowering prices might get more of the waverers back instead we hold prices when money has never been so tight for most folk in years. By the way there was never meant to be a cheap dig but i noticed you take the boards side quite a few times where i certainly do not , what do you think of the chances of Rods idea for the ten team league ?, looks like it's a no go.

Nope, I just don't buy OTT arguments from either side.

I think there is a thread about the ten team SPL running elsewhere, no need to hijack this one.

Alfred E Newman
31-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Poorest value for money in the SPL. But that's not important. It maintains Petrie's reputation and keeps us up there as one of the best run clubs in the League. Great consolation for having to suffer the dross that's been served up for a few years. :greengrin

Nobody is forcing us to buy season tickets. Maybe those of us who support the club that way are looked on by some as daft but who cares.:greengrin

down the slope
31-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Nope, I just don't buy OTT arguments from either side.

I think there is a thread about the ten team SPL running elsewhere, no need to hijack this one.

Away ye go !.

snooky
31-05-2011, 07:52 PM
The only view that matters is what's on the park .. that's not been top of the priority list in recent years IMHO.

Bingo, TQM!
I would have stood on a dungheap - or even worse, Tynie - to watch the Ned's Tornados .

sahib
31-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Out of interest, why should they be the cheapest?

To fill it because empty it is a sad sight. I hoped they could have taken advantage of the greater capacity to charge a bit less per head but gain overall.

Saorsa
31-05-2011, 08:17 PM
To fill it because empty it is a sad sight. I hoped they could have taken advantage of the greater capacity to charge a bit less per head but gain overall.Winnae matter what they charge, the wouldnae fill it or even increase the crowds by a worthwhile % as long as the product on the park is a dire as it is.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Winnae matter what they charge, the wouldnae fill it or even increase the crowds by a worthwhile % as long as the product on the park is a dire as it is.

And that is all that matters. Not price, league size, kick off times etc. Produce decent football and tickets will be bought at any cost.

Holmesdale Hibs
31-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Blackburn Rovers season tickets are £225 - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets very good value given you get to see Man U, Cheski, Arsenal etc.

Don't live in Edinburgh so won't be getting one but if I lived locally I definitely would.

I fully accept that there's plenty evidence that its poor value compared to almost all other SPL clubs, both in terms of price and quality. But even when we are rank I'd still rather be at the games. Listening online is even more soul destroying.

brianmc
31-05-2011, 08:33 PM

£4.60 for a chicken balti pie at Wembley for the Champions League Final-now that's a rip off.Chuck in the £150 for the ticket,£150 for flights,£70 for hotel,£30 for travelling about London during the day,£10 for match program £xxx amount for "refreshments"and suddenly a WHOLE SEASON of having the pleasure of watching wee Lewis and his cronies for less than one game seems a bargain!
But here's the REAL issue: did i get value for money watching Barça? I'd say 'hell yeah'. Would you get value for money from hibs, based on the the performances over the last 12 months if they only charged £1 a game? NAW! The number that follows the £sign on the season ticket price list is just that, a number. What you have to do as a customer is decide: do I want to pay that much for a ticket (can i afford to pay that much for a ticket )? If the answer is no then don't pay it. Its really that simple.
I'd ****ing LOVE a Porsche 911,but I've got an astra. Do i mump and moan about how much Porsche charge? Do i compare their prices with Bentley or Ferrari? Christ,should i complain about vauxhalls prices cos my astra is more expensive than a similarly specced Ford or Nissan? Naw-I make a choice and get own wi it.
**** me,you get people on here moaning if they spend x amount for a ticket plus y amount fur a couple if pints its gaunnae be a dear day oot-well dinnae get the beer,or dinnae get a ticket-just make a ****in choice. Don't keep moaning about it ffs.

Hibs ARE expensive to watch,the team HAS been ***** for most of the 20odd years I've had a season ticket. But here's the thing,they're my team,and as long as i can manage it I'll be buying a season ticket and supporting them-EVEN if it means other things like a swally have to be left out. Everybody is free to make their own choices,and i for one won't criticise them whatever they may be. But ffs can we stop wi all the greeting faced pish about how everything would be fantastic if we charged the same as Caley??

.....and breathe!

Saorsa
31-05-2011, 08:39 PM
And that is all that matters. Not price, league size, kick off times etc. Produce decent football and tickets will be bought at any cost.Maybe for some, though I think there is a limit tae what people will pay, certainly for me if it ever gets tae £500 for a ST I'll be finding something else tae do. Also my stance on the 10 team league should it still happen winnae change.

The product on offer now though isnae even close tae being acceptable for the money being asked and hasnae been for a some time.

jabis
31-05-2011, 08:50 PM

No more petrol for me, they have taken the piss for too long now.

:agree:

sadly I need my car to work.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Blackburn Rovers season tickets are £225 - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets very good value given you get to see Man U, Cheski, Arsenal etc.

Don't live in Edinburgh so won't be getting one but if I lived locally I definitely would.

I fully accept that there's plenty evidence that its poor value compared to almost all other SPL clubs, both in terms of price and quality. But even when we are rank I'd still rather be at the games. Listening online is even more soul destroying.

That's good value there's no doubt but the money EPL clubs get means they can keep their prices low. :agree:

marinello59
31-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Maybe for some, though I think there is a limit tae what people will pay, certainly for me if it ever gets tae £500 for a ST I'll be finding something else tae do. Also my stance on the 10 team league should it still happen winnae change.[/B]

The product on offer now though isnae even close tae being acceptable for the money being asked and hasnae been for a some time.

OK, £500 would be a wee bit sore. maybe not any cost then :greengrin

The Falcon
31-05-2011, 09:02 PM
That's good value there's no doubt but the money EPL clubs get means they can keep their prices low. :agree:

As Caversham pointed out on that thread, matchday income accounted for only just over 10% of Blackburns income.

down-the-slope
31-05-2011, 09:03 PM
not that i'm underestimating how difficult finances are for a number of people right now, but for me i can afford it if i choose not to do other things, i wouldn't regularly support anyone else (although do go to watch other matches when opportunity arises)...and i catch up with my brother at matches, while it makes sure i take time away from work

Put it this way..given that the ticket is less than 4 fills of my van tank....its not that bad....the free cup top up is a real bonus / reduction..

Do i want better on the park :agree:...so i am glad we have not renewed contracts of a number of underpreformers....roll on the squad renewal

The Falcon
31-05-2011, 09:05 PM
not that i'm underestimating how difficult finances are for a number of people right now, but for me i can afford it if i choose not to do other things, i wouldn't regularly support anyone else (although do go to watch other matches when opportunity arises)...and i catch up with my brother at matches, while it makes sure i take time away from work

Put it this way..given that the ticket is less than 4 fills of my van tank....its not that bad....the free cup top up is a real bonus / reduction..

Do i want better on the park :agree:...so i am glad we have not renewed contracts of a number of underpreformers....roll on the squad renewal

Amen to that. :agree:

jabis
31-05-2011, 09:06 PM
£4.60 for a chicken balti pie at Wembley for the Champions League Final-now that's a rip off.Chuck in the £150 for the ticket,£150 for flights,£70 for hotel,£30 for travelling about London during the day,£10 for match program £xxx amount for "refreshments"and suddenly a WHOLE SEASON of having the pleasure of watching wee Lewis and his cronies for less than one game seems a bargain!
But here's the REAL issue: did i get value for money watching Barça? I'd say 'hell yeah'. Would you get value for money from hibs, based on the the performances over the last 12 months if they only charged £1 a game? NAW! The number that follows the £sign on the season ticket price list is just that, a number. What you have to do as a customer is decide: do I want to pay that much for a ticket (can i afford to pay that much for a ticket )? If the answer is no then don't pay it. Its really that simple.
I'd ****ing LOVE a Porsche 911,but I've got an astra. Do i mump and moan about how much Porsche charge? Do i compare their prices with Bentley or Ferrari? Christ,should i complain about vauxhalls prices cos my astra is more expensive than a similarly specced Ford or Nissan? Naw-I make a choice and get own wi it.
**** me,you get people on here moaning if they spend x amount for a ticket plus y amount fur a couple if pints its gaunnae be a dear day oot-well dinnae get the beer,or dinnae get a ticket-just make a ****in choice. Don't keep moaning about it ffs.

Hibs ARE expensive to watch,the team HAS been ***** for most of the 20odd years I've had a season ticket. But here's the thing,they're my team,and as long as i can manage it I'll be buying a season ticket and supporting them-EVEN if it means other things like a swally have to be left out. Everybody is free to make their own choices,and i for one won't criticise them whatever they may be. But ffs can we stop wi all the greeting faced pish about how everything would be fantastic if we charged the same as Caley??

.....and breathe!

:agree:
definetly best post.....and most lucid !

IberianHibernian
31-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Presumably club gave some thought to how to fill seats when deciding on new stands in last decade or so . More seats for away fans and cheaper tickets for non OF/Hearts away fans , price reductions to fill seats , school and other groups invited etc etc or did they just envisage even more empty seats than before ? Even at top of league with freeflowing football we wouldn`t fill stadium with current prices ( walk up and ST ) . Someone here described 37 pounds a month as " paltry " but not many fans ( or more important potential fans ) would think so .

jabis
31-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Presumably club gave some thought to how to fill seats when deciding on new stands in last decade or so . More seats for away fans and cheaper tickets for non OF/Hearts away fans , price reductions to fill seats , school and other groups invited etc etc or did they just envisage even more empty seats than before ? Even at top of league with freeflowing football we wouldn`t fill stadium with current prices ( walk up and ST ) . Someone here described 37 pounds a month as " paltry " but not many fans ( or more important potential fans ) would think so .

£9 a week...............3 drinks............one night a week,stay in............sorted !

so.. I'm one of your "not many" fans,where did you get you're stats ?

sleeping giant
31-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Im pretty pleased with what i paid for next year.

I think it was £340 for me and i got the boy his for £20 which both include cup top ups with 2 £10 vouchers for the new strip.

Pretty decent imo.

IberianHibernian
31-05-2011, 10:50 PM
[/B]

£9 a week...............3 drinks............one night a week,stay in............sorted !

so.. I'm one of your "not many" fans,where did you get you're stats ?It`s not just 37 pounds - its transport to matches and possibly tickets for kids or taking time off work etc . I`ve been supporting Hibs for 44 years so am happy to make sacrifices ( don`t even consider it a sacrifice ) but I`m sure many people who have no or little emotional attachment to Hibs will think twice before forking out 37 pounds a month or giving up their weekly night out to watch present team . And for many lifelong Hibbies , 37 pounds a month will not be "paltry " .

IWasThere2016
31-05-2011, 11:04 PM

:kettle: Have you not just told allez to go and support Hearts for having a view that is the opposite of yours? You'll tell me I don't go to Hibs games next and support the Arabs :rolleyes:

marinello59
31-05-2011, 11:06 PM
:kettle: Have you not just told allez to go and support Hearts for having a view that is the opposite of yours? You'll tell me I don't go to Hibs games next and support the Arabs :rolleyes:

It's a fair cop. I have no shame. :greengrin

(Although didn't actually mean he SHOULD go and watch hearts what I meant was......oh never mind.)

IWasThere2016
01-06-2011, 05:59 AM
It's a fair cop. I have no shame. :greengrin

(Although didn't actually mean he SHOULD go and watch hearts what I meant was......oh never mind.)

It is difficult to defend the shameless - I should know :wink: :greengrin

Geo_1875
01-06-2011, 07:46 AM
It`s not just 37 pounds - its transport to matches and possibly tickets for kids or taking time off work etc . I`ve been supporting Hibs for 44 years so am happy to make sacrifices ( don`t even consider it a sacrifice ) but I`m sure many people who have no or little emotional attachment to Hibs will think twice before forking out 37 pounds a month or giving up their weekly night out to watch present team . And for many lifelong Hibbies , 37 pounds a month will not be "paltry " .

I don't see where travel and time off work come into the "argument". If Hibs gave away STs for nothing you'd still have these costs. It all comes down to priorities. If you have other priorities then fair enough.

Jack
01-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Im pretty pleased with what i paid for next year.

I think it was £340 for me and i got the boy his for £20 which both include cup top ups with 2 £10 vouchers for the new strip.

Pretty decent imo.

Last year it cost me £390 for my ticket in the East, that and about £100 for walk ups for my daughter, about half a seasons worth.

This/next season I’ve got her a season ticket and together that was £500 – about a £90 discount.

With that I got cup top ups for us both (value £75); it was her first ST so I got shop vouchers (value £50); I reintroduced a lapsed ST holder so got more shop vouchers (value £100); I got 2 vouchers to buy the new top (value £20).

Face value £500 + £90 discount + £75 cup top ups = £665

So if I used all the vouchers (probably) my daughter and I will be watching Hibs for a net cost of about £250 between us. Now that is good value.

It you want cheaper football find a friend or get in with a ‘family’ group.

If you are a ST holder find a friend, or more than one, and split the £100/£50 between you. If you're not then find a friend who is and do the split.

Cheaper footy at Easter Road is a possibility.

Anyone else got GOOD news stories about STs? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
For what was on offer at ER last year £400 for an ST isnt value for money.

But for me a ST or paying at the gate for that matter is an emotional rather than a financial outlay. Hibs are my team and I look at each season on its merits I.E.
"that was a crap season" or "we were really good last season"

In the end I go coz I love the Hibs and in the hope that I will see, from time to time, some decent football.

Dont get me wrong. If Hibs are playing crap I will be on here bitching about it, but it will be because I watched them being crap, not cause I saw it on telly or heard it on the radio.

This is not a dig at folk who cant afford to go, which is a whole different thing.

I cant remember who said it, perhaps Bill Shankley, "Football without the fans is nothing"

Having said that I get bloody annoyed at these 12:30 kick offs, especially on a Sunday, that really does give the impression that the TV viewers matter more than the fans in the ground.

Anyway. GGTTH

hibbycha
01-06-2011, 08:54 AM
im a walk up supporter wi the laddie ,the wife worked out travel + 4 games (new year deby inc) she said i spent over £1900 with travel from n/castle + home +away kits for kids , most were spur of the moment when laddie played footie. would love to be ST again but cant afford outlay + another £300 on kits this year (me included,top only :greengrin). yet she went behind ma back + got him a s/land ST for £69 . she wont get me one 1 for ER

CabbageBoy
01-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Provided these seats are still facing the pitch at ER then we have been short-changed of late. If on the other hand you're talking about views out over the Firth of Forth to take our minds off what's happening on the pitch then you might have a point.

They've even taken that away with the giant advertising hoardings between the FF and East

After 23 years, no ST for me. I'm not paying to watch that clueless managers rubbish.

RIP
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
These prices for watching Hibs twice a season is a scandal, much better value with an ER one – you get to see Hibs much more often :greengrin

Brilliant!!

:faf:

Add to that most Hibs fans live in bought hooses, drive the poshest cars, sit in one of the best stadiums in Scotland and save a fortune each year in trips abroad and to Hampden

What else do we have to spend our money on? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Instead of comparing the most expensive tickets we should compare the cheapest tickets available. Where do we sit in that league table?

Average pricing was mentioned – is that a fair comparison? Do we have more or less folk scamming the system than the others? I’m sure the club said the average ticket price paid was £12 or something – that’s a lot of “students” eh?...

MyJo
01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
the problem is that hibs dont separate different parts of each stand into different price bands while other clubs do.

Hibs charge a flat fee of 415 (excluing any early bird deals) for an adult season ticket in the west stand,

Hearts charge (again excluding any early bird deals) £350 for lower tier, £410 for the end blocks of the upper tier and then £485 for the middle of the upper tier of the wheatfield.

Dundee United charge £365 for lower tier £410 for the ends of the upper tier and £440 for the middle upper tier of the George Fox stand.

Aberdeen's main, pitchside, stand is just one tier and operates a single price policy of £436 for any seat in there excluding early bird deals.

If your intention is to be a solitary adult season ticket holder choosing the best seat in the house on the halfway line then Hibs aren't too bad in comparison. When you factor in different categories of seats and sitting in different parts of the stands then Hibs become slightly worse of because of the single price policy we operate but realistically if we start selling season tickets for cheaper the further towards the end of the stand you sit then everyone will buy those and end up sitting in the middle of a half empty stand anyway because there is nothing to stop them wandering along to a better seat once they are in.

The only way a categorised pricing structure would work is if the club could successfully restrict people from moving outwith the designated season ticket areas

dangermouse
02-06-2011, 09:28 AM
the problem is that hibs dont separate different parts of each stand into different price bands while other clubs do.

Hibs charge a flat fee of 415 (excluing any early bird deals) for an adult season ticket in the west stand,

Hearts charge (again excluding any early bird deals) £350 for lower tier, £410 for the end blocks of the upper tier and then £485 for the middle of the upper tier of the wheatfield.

Dundee United charge £365 for lower tier £410 for the ends of the upper tier and £440 for the middle upper tier of the George Fox stand.

Aberdeen's main, pitchside, stand is just one tier and operates a single price policy of £436 for any seat in there excluding early bird deals.

If your intention is to be a solitary adult season ticket holder choosing the best seat in the house on the halfway line then Hibs aren't too bad in comparison. When you factor in different categories of seats and sitting in different parts of the stands then Hibs become slightly worse of because of the single price policy we operate but realistically if we start selling season tickets for cheaper the further towards the end of the stand you sit then everyone will buy those and end up sitting in the middle of a half empty stand anyway because there is nothing to stop them wandering along to a better seat once they are in.

The only way a categorised pricing structure would work is if the club could successfully restrict people from moving outwith the designated season ticket areas

Aberdeen price £436
Hibs price £415
Hearts average price = £415
United average price £405

We're not so hard done by after all and anyway would you rather watch Hibs all season :greengrin or United, Aberdeen or the yams? :na na:

Speedway
02-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Aberdeen price £436
Hibs price £415
Hearts average price = £415
United average price £405

We're not so hard done by after all and anyway would you rather watch Hibs all season :greengrin or United, Aberdeen or the yams? :na na:

That can't be right, we're supposed to be getting robbed blind in broad daylight as part of the 'great season ticket swindle', no?

Beefster
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
That can't be right, we're supposed to be getting robbed blind in broad daylight as part of the 'great season ticket swindle', no?

Hearts finished seven places above us in 2011.

Dundee Utd won the Scottish Cup in 2010 and finished above us in 2010 and 2011.

Aberdeen and Hibs finished in the bottom six in 2011 - let's call it quits.

It could be argued that the Yams and United fans are getting better value for money than we are.

Speedway
02-06-2011, 09:41 AM

It could be argued that the Yams and United fans are getting better value for money than we are.

They are paying similar money to watch the Yams and the Arabs. How could they possibly be getting better value for money?

Beefster
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
They are paying similar money to watch the Yams and the Arabs. How could they possibly be getting better value for money?

If this is humour or sarcasm, you're too clever for me.

MyJo
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Team performance doesn't really come into it. The thread was started to say that Hibs fans are being ripped off with the cost of our season tickets in comparison to other teams which it turns out we aren't really its just that other teams operate a pricing structure that differentiates sections of each stand while we operate a 1 price fits all policy and our discounts an cheaper season tickets are aimed at families.

Whats been shown is that the average price for a bog standard season ticket is six and half a dozen with the other clubs considered to be of a similar size & standing as us as. The season ticket does the same for everyone, Gives them access to 18/19 SPL games against the same opposition.

Speedway
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Team performance doesn't really come into it. The thread was started to say that Hibs fans are being ripped off with the cost of our season tickets in comparison to other teams which it turns out we aren't really its just that other teams operate a pricing structure that differentiates sections of each stand while we operate a 1 price fits all policy and our discounts an cheaper season tickets are aimed at families.

Whats been shown is that the average price for a bog standard season ticket is six and half a dozen with the other clubs considered to be of a similar size & standing as us as. The season ticket does the same for everyone, Gives them access to 18/19 SPL games against the same opposition.

So is there a swindle from money loving, pocket lining ambitionless Petrie regarding Season Tickets or isn't there?

marinello59
02-06-2011, 10:08 AM

Damn. Is there something else we can needlessly get our collective knickers in a twist over then?

MyJo
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Damn. Is there something else we can needlessly get our collective knickers in a twist over then?

no doubt there will be.......give it a couple of hours

Speedway
02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
no doubt there will be.......give it a couple of hours

I'm sorry but it's an absolute disgrace that there's actually no great season ticket swindle. What does the board think they are playing at when we all know that money is tight and they are supposed to be maximising commercial revenues.

Surely to goodness, the most gullable marketplace to draw money out of is the existing support and they can't even do that. Instead they choose to charge in line with other SPL clubs.

Absolutely ****less, no wonder our club's going 'doon the slope'.

Sammy7nil
02-06-2011, 11:42 AM
A swindle he says, who's stealing the money then?

The wage thieves? :wink:

Sammy7nil
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Ah but we saw lots of goals

Pity they were at the wrong end :wink:

The Falcon
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Ah but we saw lots of goals

Pity they were at the wrong end :wink:

:faf:

jabis
02-06-2011, 10:26 PM
It`s not just 37 pounds - its transport to matches and possibly tickets for kids or taking time off work etc . I`ve been supporting Hibs for 44 years so am happy to make sacrifices ( don`t even consider it a sacrifice ) but I`m sure many people who have no or little emotional attachment to Hibs will think twice before forking out 37 pounds a month or giving up their weekly night out to watch present team . And for many lifelong Hibbies , 37 pounds a month will not be "paltry " .

fair call.

Septimus
04-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Very useful info. I think I'll buy one for Inverness this season.

Where you will have just as much chance of seeing Hibs win as you will at ER

steakbake
04-06-2011, 06:09 AM

We missed out on Freidel.