PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Season Ticket Renewal - Cut Off 4th June, 3pm

Mikey
31-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Just in case anyone didn't get their reminder through the post this morning, you have until Saturday to renew.

Don't roll up at the ticket office at 2:45pm and then post on here complaining that you're having to stand in a long queue. Get there through the week if you can :wink:

Remember, the more renewals the bigger the manager's budget.

:cgwa

down the slope
31-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I have helped the managers budget for fifty years, this time i will let the board go first with the spending !.

Mikey
31-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I have helped the managers budget for fifty years, this time i will let the board go first with the spending !.

They won't spend money they don't have.

green&left
31-05-2011, 12:55 PM

They could maybe spend the half million they take out every season?

Just a thought.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 12:57 PM

Just a thought.

So our employed board members could work for free? I think you might be on to something.

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Just a thought.

A silly one. :wink:

Mikey
31-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I have a feeling I've had this conversation before so I'm out :greengrin

green&left
31-05-2011, 01:01 PM
So our employed board members could work for free? I think you might be on to something.

No, course not. That would be stupid.

However, as a percentage of the money coming in to Hibs, our board pay around three times higher than anyone else in the league.

Just a thought.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 01:11 PM
No, course not. That would be stupid.

However, as a percentage of the money coming in to Hibs, our board pay around three times higher than anyone else in the league.

Just a thought.

Well we could downsize the board and employ finance managers, communications managers etc instead. That's what other clubs do. It will cost roughly the same to run the club and the same people will be in position but at least it will stop this old chestnut raising its head every week or so.

CropleyWasGod
31-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Well we could downsize the board and employ finance managers, communications managers etc instead. That's what other clubs do. It will cost roughly the same to run the club and the same people will be in position but at least it will stop this old chestnut raising its head every week or so.

Oh you old stick in the mud. Old chestnuts help to keep this site going :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
31-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I have a feeling I've had this conversation before so I'm out :greengrin

You started it :tee hee:

Big Frank
31-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Our chairmans' gots loads :wink:

(£136,000,000) :greengrin

marinello59
31-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Oh you old stick in the mud. Old chestnuts help to keep this site going :greengrin

True. :greengrin

Beefster
31-05-2011, 01:35 PM

Irrespective of whether the executives are on the Board or not, I don't believe that there are any other clubs in Scotland where the 'executive team/board' is responsible for using up more than 10% of the total wage bill. Bearing in mind that two of the Board are non-executive (if you count the Chairman as an executive) so there are only four execs, it's even worse than it looks at first glance.

For a club with our turnover, wage bill and performance, the wages paid to those running the club are excessive. No question.

PS This is a response I gave to another post earlier in the month but it applies perfectly here too.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Irrespective of whether the executives are on the Board or not, I don't believe that there are any other clubs in Scotland where the 'executive team/board' is responsible for using up more than 10% of the total wage bill. Bearing in mind that two of the Board are non-executive (if you count the Chairman as an executive) so there are only four execs, it's even worse than it looks at first glance.

For a club with our turnover, wage bill and performance, the wages paid to those running the club are excessive. No question.

Three times higher than anybody else which is the statement I challenged? It could be argued that people are being over paid but at least it should be a sensible argument.

Wheat Hound
31-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Chicken and egg scenario but this time the board must act first, even if that means taking a bit more debt than RPs sphincter may be comfortable with to accrue better quality on the park. Otherwise, the recent downward spiral of attendances shall continue apace. Fans are rightly fed up, bored and looking at attending games almost as a chore.

Over to you tache..........

JimBHibees
31-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Could do with a bit of good signing news to hurry along a few season tickets.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Could do with a bit of good signing news to hurry along a few season tickets.

Surely the Sproule signing would have got the juices flowing and moved a few thousand renewals:devil:

3pm
31-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Accumulate to speculate!

scoopyboy
31-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Surely the Sproule signing would have got the juices flowing and moved a few thousand renewals:devil:

I once was a parrot but I'm alright now.I once was a parrot but I'm alright now.
I once was a parrot but I'm alright now.I once was a parrot but I'm alright now.

TrinityHibs
31-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I got the reminder despite having renewed. CC says he will spend every £ I give him on players. This was after Ivan so what do I get for the £500 I just handed over? That would be a a Messi toe nail I think

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Did you used to get lots of punishment exercises at school?? Lines:wink:

scoopyboy
31-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Did you used to get lots of punishment exercises at school?? Lines:wink:

No lines for Scoopyboy, but the belt was a regular occurance.

Lines at schools is now uptake of white powder through nose isn't it?

HibsMax
31-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Chicken and egg scenario but this time the board must act first, even if that means taking a bit more debt than RPs sphincter may be comfortable with to accrue better quality on the park. Otherwise, the recent downward spiral of attendances shall continue apace. Fans are rightly fed up, bored and looking at attending games almost as a chore.

Over to you tache..........

Noooooooo. What a terrible waste it would be to get the debt manageable only to throw caution to the wind. I hear what you're saying and I wish there was more money to spend but if we were going to get into debt by signing players we can't afford, why did we wait all this time to do it?

Right now, for me, the "slow and steady" approach is just fine. But what happens this close season and all of next season is vitally important for the club (purely my opinion and I'm sticking to my guns - infrastructure then team).

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Noooooooo. What a terrible waste it would be to get the debt manageable only to throw caution to the wind. I hear what you're saying and I wish there was more money to spend but if we were going to get into debt by signing players we can't afford, why did we wait all this time to do it?

Right now, for me, the "slow and steady" approach is just fine. But what happens this close season and all of next season is vitally important for the club (purely my opinion and I'm sticking to my guns - infrastructure then team).

What if slow and steady means another tenth place finish, the fans that are swithering on season tickets could be lost forever?

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 07:38 PM
No lines for Scoopyboy, but the belt was a regular occurance.

Lines at schools is now uptake of white powder through nose isn't it?

Did they belt you in the coupon, just that you have a face like a well skelped bahookie?:devil:

Saorsa
31-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Right now, for me, the "slow and steady" approach is just fine. But what happens this close season and all of next season is vitally important for the club (purely my opinion and I'm sticking to my guns - infrastructure then team).Slow and steady tae where exactly? Tae crowds of seven or eight thousand? as the downward spiral continues. What's the point of infrastructure when ultimately there are and less and less people want tae buy the crap product they are selling.

Maybe easy for somebody in Boston tae say slow and steady as they arenae paying hundreds of ££££'s away on dross every year. (apologies if you do still buy one or contribute a similar amount while staying there).

scoopyboy
31-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Did they belt you in the coupon, just that you have a face like a well skelped bahookie?:devil:

ooh, hark at the looker.

just because you get surrounded at half time by a posse of pleasantly plump ladies you don't have to take a pop at the ordinary guy in the street.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2011, 07:49 PM
ooh, hark at the looker.

just because you get surrounded at half time by a posse of pleasantly plump ladies you don't have to take a pop at the ordinary guy in the street.

:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 07:58 PM
ooh, hark at the looker.

:greengrin

No response to that:wink:

Beefster
01-06-2011, 06:51 AM

Sorry HM but another 'slow and steady' season like the last one and I'll be far from the only one deciding to spend the weekends doing other, more productive stuff instead. Attending most of the games last season was a chore and I won't be paying for that feeling when Mrs Beefster will provide it for free.

Keith_M
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
The more I read his posts, the more convinced I am that Mikey works for the club, probably in the ticket office.

Anyway, have you all renewed yet? Remember, the more Season Tickets sold the more CC has in his budget. It's a Chicken and Egg scenario, dontcha know.

or is it horse and cart, or two birds in the bush, or......

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
What if slow and steady means another tenth place finish, the fans that are swithering on season tickets could be lost forever?

That's why I said this close season and all of next season are vitally important.

The "Slow and Steady" approach has the exact same goals as the quicker approach, just a different...umm, approach. :) We have East Mains. We have the new Stand. The fans have been patient while all of this goes on. Now is the time to invest in the squad........unless we have some other venture to fund?

I would lose a lot of respect for Hibs if they ploughed all this money into the infrastructure only to totally forget about the team now and I feel that now is the time for us to get the team sorted. If we didn't invest in the team, what would our excuse be?

10th place is not an option. I'm sure of that.

Top 6 would be nice but for no sound reason that I can actually give, I expect more than that and that's without even seeing who is playing next year. I just think that the time is now.

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Slow and steady tae where exactly? Tae crowds of seven or eight thousand? as the downward spiral continues. What's the point of infrastructure when ultimately there are and less and less people want tae buy the crap product they are selling.

Maybe easy for somebody in Boston tae say slow and steady as they arenae paying hundreds of ££££'s away on dross every year. (apologies if you do still buy one or contribute a similar amount while staying there).
Slow and steady to exactly the same place as any other approach would take us. Why would different approaches have different goals? The ultimate goal is for us to finish as high up the league as possible and ideally grab some silverware at the same time, every now and again. Splitting the Old Firm is another goal. European nights another. It doesn't matter if your approach is to break the bank or take your time, the goals are still the exact same. We've been taking it slowly for the last several years and I've supported that approach. I'm not going to change my tune now other than to say now that the major projects are complete (East Mains and East Stand) I think it's time to start injecting money into the team.

I don't know what plan the board is following but if they are planning on taking things slowly AND they do plan on investing in the team then I am on board with that. However, if all their other investments (infrastructure) signal the end of the spending then I will be upset.

I don't know who was all around several years ago but there were discussions on here about what the best way forward is / was. Invest in the team or invest in the infrastructure. I've always supported the latter approach but not ultimately at the expense of the team. I knew that investment in the team would be affected by redirecting funds elsewhere but I also knew (maybe I should say "hoped") that once those projects were complete we would see more money being spent on players. We haven't seen that yet but that's definitely my hope.

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Sorry HM but another 'slow and steady' season like the last one and I'll be far from the only one deciding to spend the weekends doing other, more productive stuff instead. Attending most of the games last season was a chore and I won't be paying for that feeling when Mrs Beefster will provide it for free.
When I say "Slow and Steady" I'm talking about over a period of several seasons, not one. I think we are close to the end of that period and now is the time to start investing in the team unless the board comes up with some other project that requires us diverting funds to somewhere other than players.

I am terrible with dates but for the sake of argument, let's say that I started supporting the "slow and steady" approach in 2004 (purely fictional number). Well 6 or 7 years later, it's time for us to start investing in the team. We cannot continue to operate like this, it just won't work. We have the training facilities. We have the new stand. We have a new manager (jury is out but we have to stick with him for the sake of consistency). Now I want to see the team being invested in. :)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Just renewed online but cant see an option for buying a cup top up :confused:

Saorsa
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Slow and steady to exactly the same place as any other approach would take us. Why would different approaches have different goals? The ultimate goal is for us to finish as high up the league as possible and ideally grab some silverware at the same time, every now and again. Splitting the Old Firm is another goal. European nights another. It doesn't matter if your approach is to break the bank or take your time, the goals are still the exact same. We've been taking it slowly for the last several years and I've supported that approach. I'm not going to change my tune now other than to say now that the major projects are complete (East Mains and East Stand) I think it's time to start injecting money into the team.

I don't know what plan the board is following but if they are planning on taking things slowly AND they do plan on investing in the team then I am on board with that. However, if all their other investments (infrastructure) signal the end of the spending then I will be upset.

I don't know who was all around several years ago but there were discussions on here about what the best way forward is / was. Invest in the team or invest in the infrastructure. I've always supported the latter approach but not ultimately at the expense of the team. I knew that investment in the team would be affected by redirecting funds elsewhere but I also knew (maybe I should say "hoped") that once those projects were complete we would see more money being spent on players. We haven't seen that yet but that's definitely my hope.It matters if there's very few left by the time you get there

so do I, it's time we started.

and it hasnae been at the expense of the team?

dinnae haud yer breath waiting

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 11:28 PM
It matters if there's very few left by the time you get there

so do I, it's time we started.

dinnae haud yer breath waiting

There are pros and cons for either approach. If we invest in the team we can start winning and turn Hibs into a team that other players will be attracted to. But as we all know, teams only last so long. At least the players do.

If we invest in the infrastructure then we can build a solid foundation that will be around for years. A state of the art training facility and a completed stand might be the sort of things that potential signings might be looking at.

It's all speculation and nobody knows what would have happened if we took the other path. All we know for certain is that we couldn't afford to develop both the team and the infrastructure at the same time, a choice had to be made. Whichever choice was made would have its opponents and supporters. I am one of the supporters of the approach we took BUT I also expect improvements to be made ON the pitch, and that time has come.

EDIT: damn, you edited your post. :wink:. I said "ultimately at the expense of the team". We're still around. We're still in the SPL. Even if we invested in the team 4 or 5 years ago, what guarantees do we have that (a) they would have worked out, or (b) they would still be here today? The point I am trying to make here is that Hibs decided to look after the business OFF the park before the business ON the park. But both needed to be addressed. Now that business OFF the park has been seen to, now to the business of what's ON the pitch.

Saorsa
01-06-2011, 11:32 PM
There are pros and cons for either approach. If we invest in the team we can start winning and turn Hibs into a team that other players will be attracted to. But as we all know, teams only last so long. At least the players do.

If we invest in the infrastructure then we can build a solid foundation that will be around for years. A state of the art training facility and a completed stand might be the sort of things that potential signings might be looking at.

It's all speculation and nobody knows what would have happened if we took the other path. All we know for certain is that we couldn't afford to develop both the team and the infrastructure at the same time, a choice had to be made. Whichever choice was made would have its opponents and supporters. I am one of the supporters of the approach we took BUT I also expect improvements to be made ON the pitch, and that time has come.well we'll agree on that because more and more people are getting fed up with spending money on rubbish and less and less are inclined tae do so, the rot has tae be stopped and soon

HibsMax
01-06-2011, 11:38 PM
well we'll agree on that because more and more people are getting fed up with spending money on rubbish and less and less are inclined tae do so, the rot has tae be stopped and soon
Agreed.

The way I see it, Hibs have had an "excuse", if they choose to look for one, and say that money has been spent elsewhere. If we don't have any money pit projects in the pipeline then that excuse effectively disappears up its own erse. LOL.

It's like saying to your spouse, "We didn't go on holiday last year because we bought a new car. And we didn't go on holiday this year because we had to replace all the kitchen appliances.". If you don't have any more big ticket projects to take care of then your spouse would be quite justified in thinking that there is no reason for no holiday next year.

And I'm hoping for a private beach on a tropical island somewhere. :D