PDA

View Full Version : the striker that calderwood is after..

Leitherhibs
31-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Was speaking to a motherwell supporting mate from work, who says we are one of a few clubs interested in chris porter (who he reckons has been released by derby county). He speaks to chris still as they lived together in the area when chris was at motherwell.
Thoughts?

Aldo
31-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Is this one of the 2...that CC is really excited about???

Hope not but was ok when he played for motherwell.

RickyS
31-05-2011, 12:26 PM
would be an improvement on Nish but as much as he scored goals
was he not injury prone?

bandylegs_jLeighton
31-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I think Porter would be a really good signing. I was impressed with him at Motherwell.

Put it this way, to everyone who keeps saying how wonderful a signing Sutton is, I would say the potential capture of Porter would be equally good - if not better.

allezsauzee
31-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I think Porter would be a really good signing. I was impressed with him at Motherwell.

Put it this way, to everyone who keeps saying how wonderful a signing Sutton is, I would say the potential capture of Porter would be equally good - if not better.

I'd agree with that. He was a very good player for Motherwell and I'd be happy to see him sign for us.

HibbyAndy
31-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Always rated him at Motherwell, Would be a good qaulity addition.

col02
31-05-2011, 07:17 PM
If Hibs were to sign Porter and he could recapture the form of his Motherwell days then Hibs would have a very handy player on their books and a far better potential signing than O'Connor imho!

Cropley10
31-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I'd only be happy if we signed him on a pay as you play basis.

matty_f
01-06-2011, 12:51 AM

I don't think there are many players out there who would accept a pay as you play contract. I see this mentioned a fair bit, but with the greatest respect, it's pure fantasy that someone would come to Hibs on that basis, IMHO.

joe_hfc
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't think there are many players out there who would accept a pay as you play contract. I see this mentioned a fair bit, but with the greatest respect, it's pure fantasy that someone would come to Hibs on that basis, IMHO.

Agree 100%, good post

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Would be happy with this:agree:

Leitherhibs
01-06-2011, 10:52 AM

If theres a number of clubs interested in him, which is a possiblity then i'd have thought it would be highly unlikely, he'd be considering a deal of that nature, if they even exist at this level of the game.