PDA

View Full Version : Yams They even have their own flute band........ but it is a minority.

scott7_0(Prague)
31-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I've seen it all now.

The Heart of Midlothian Flute Band in all it's glory marching through Dalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkw66Kvtn8&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naA6Hn-fYuU&feature=share

steakbake
31-05-2011, 08:21 AM
WTF?:confused::confused:

That's going on the facebook. See how many yam friends bite...

Strangely, I'm outraged. If you'd told me it existed, I probably wouldn't have believed you until I saw it with my own eyes.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Mini Rangers....Shower of bigots

Cabbage East
31-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I, for one, am shocked by this news.

stoneyburn hibs
31-05-2011, 08:58 AM
that lot never fail to amuse me , clowns

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I highlighted this to several Yams in denial a couple of months ago (before the Lennon thing kicked off) after being challenged about my claims that Hearts have a significant sectarian element in their following. On producing similar videos the moronic hoardes rapidly returned to their sewers.

These knuckle dragging cretins marched through the backstreets of Gorgie on Saturday, no doubt to pay homage at the Asbestos Altar of Abasement.

Vile, putrid, shameful organisation with a nasty, ******ed, verminous support.

HMFC - Rancid to the core from 1874 to the present day.

Hibernia Na Eir
31-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I simply hate HMFC.

There is nothing else to say.

linlithgowhibbie
31-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Love the way they can't even march in step, all 100 of them,
In fairness to them what was the tune, I didn't recognise it from my extensive knowledge of "Marching" ditties.
Maybes a new one written in time to honour Mad Vlad opening the new stand.
:aok:

TrinityHibs
31-05-2011, 10:13 AM
28 seconds in on the second one. The fat boy is having a real bad belt day.:faf::lolyam:

hibs0666
31-05-2011, 10:18 AM
28 seconds in on the second one. The fat boy is having a real bad belt day.:faf::lolyam:

I had no idea that Duane Doberman was a bigot yam. :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I simply hate HMFC.

This..

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I simply hate HMFC.

:agree::top marks

Kojock
31-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Do HMFB have any affiliation to the Hertz ?? Watched the two videos and never saw any Hertz scarfs or badges.

From the HMFB website:

The band was originaly formed in the late 70's early 80's but like most other bands fell by the wayside. However as stories of the past reached a new and up and comming young Orange Community, the young loyalists (and some old) of Edinburgh (and after three short meetings) reformed the band on Sunday the 25th July 2009.

The name of the band comes from the Heart of Midlothian stones, a memorial just outside the entrance of St Gilles Cathedral on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
It comemorates an old prison and where all the hangings took place on a daily basis. Although the band is named the Heart of Midlothian we are not a Hearts band, the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh, with band members from the ABOD. The Orange Order and RBP in it's ranks.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
31-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Mini Rangers....Shower of bigots
The HMFC FB has been around for around 30yrs ,maybe not in it's present form but around none the less.Many years ago I was invited to a function at Lrith town hall by a Hertz mate(now dead) big Hoody Fae Clerrie, he was a bit into all that *****.
Any how me and another Hibby decided to go along and see what it was all about,stupidly my mate wore a green shirt, not the most popular colour there that night lol. We were greeted at the door by a woman collecting for loyalist prisoner associations,to say a refusal oftenoffends was an under statement.
Within about an hour and a half and 5/6 more pints on trooped the above band....most of the crowd went wild, the rest pissed themselves with excitement. However my mateheld out his shirt and kissed the GREEN,:flag:withn seconds he was lying under the table with orcs laying ito him,I was chased towards the door,luckily one or two Hertz guys saved my mate from a real doing by pulling the radges off.
We still laugh about this ,but realise we were lucky to survive it. So this is nothing new for the half wits at the PBS,perhaps just history repeating.
For what it's worth I could not care less about the band, having no religious beliefs, just the same as James connoly bands ,but wearing different uniforms.

Geo_1875
31-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Do HMFB have any affiliation to the Hertz ?? Watched the two videos and never saw any Hertz scarfs or badges.

From the HMFB website:

......the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh....

Just like the home support at Tynie then?

Sprouleflyer
31-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I highlighted this to several Yams in denial a couple of months ago (before the Lennon thing kicked off) after being challenged about my claims that Hearts have a significant sectarian element in their following. On producing similar videos the moronic hoardes rapidly returned to their sewers.

These knuckle dragging cretins marched through the backstreets of Gorgie on Saturday, no doubt to pay homage at the Asbestos Altar of Abasement.

Or there about!

Kojock
31-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Just like the home support at Tynie then?

I would imagine we have some Republicans in our support.

Sprouleflyer
31-05-2011, 10:58 AM

From the HMFB website:

The band was originaly formed in the late 70's early 80's but like most other bands fell by the wayside. However as stories of the past reached a new and up and comming young Orange Community, the young loyalists (and some old) of Edinburgh (and after three short meetings) reformed the band on Sunday the 25th July 2009.

The name of the band comes from the Heart of Midlothian stones, a memorial just outside the entrance of St Gilles Cathedral on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
It comemorates an old prison and where all the hangings took place on a daily basis. Although the band is named the Heart of Midlothian we are not a Hearts band, the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh, with band members from the ABOD. The Orange Order and RBP in it's ranks.

You really just can't make things like this up!!

The Heart of Midlothian, a stone mosaic built into the cobbles of the Royal Mile, was laid down around 1817 and marks the spot formerly occupied by the notorious Tolbooth prison. Also serving as a tax collection office, the old Tolbooth was a squalid building that was unpopular with the working classes of Edinburgh, as this is where they would normally grudgingly hand over their taxes to the city council. In a room at the back of the Tolbooth was an area used to hang prisoners.

Cabbage East
31-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I would imagine we have some Republicans in our support.

We do but what does that have to do with what he said?

hibs0666
31-05-2011, 11:02 AM

From the HMFB website:

Got to say, it's a bit bizarre to name yourselves after a few gobbed-on cobbles, but each to their own.

I wonder why they picked blooded turd as the colour of their uniform if they feel no affinity to the yams. Might be bus-spotters right enough.

I wonder why they decide to march through Gorgie/Dalry if they have no affinity with the yams. Might be the scenic views right enough.

Kojock
31-05-2011, 11:04 AM
the band has just as many Rangers as Hearts fans but the comon bond is Loyalism in Edinburgh

Just like the home support at Tynie then.

My comment refers to the bit in bold.

DH1875
31-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm :confused:. Is it marching season already? Dirty Yam ****.

Golden Bear
31-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I've a feeling that this thread will be more suited to "The Holy Ground" but as far as I'm concerned ALL marching bands (whether they be orange or republican) should be banned from our streets forthwith.

And I couldn't care a monkeys about infringing "human rights."

Vini1875
31-05-2011, 11:52 AM
There are a lot of Hibernian bands too and still a few Hibs walks. I think this band is clear attempt to recruit from the deluded ones.

Kojock
31-05-2011, 12:05 PM
There are a lot of Hibernian bands too and still a few Hibs walks. I think this band is clear attempt to recruit from the deluded ones.

Having worked at the James Connolly marches in Edinburgh I can tell you there were a fair few Hibs tops in attendance.

degenerated
31-05-2011, 12:13 PM
it's a minority in the same way as the huns have their minority of bigots :hilarious. It shouldn't really be news to anyone, all it takes is a look at the away end at ER when they visit and one can see the union flags and red hand flags. And the club themselves pander to this by issuing commemorative royal wedding strips and mugs - for the mugs.

Let's not forget they also made the worldwide press for their behaviour during that minutes silence for the pope, it's also hard to imagine that the attack on neil lemon was not motivated by sectarian hatred (and a fair degree of stupidity)

it's not just catholics that get it though, just ask mark walters and kevin harper who were racially abused by both the supporters and an employee of the club respectively.

if oswald mosley made football clubs...................

dangermouse
31-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Having worked at the James Connolly marches in Edinburgh I can tell you there were a fair few Hibs tops in attendance.

But wasn't he a Hibs fan?:devil:

1two
31-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Is that a biggoted march?

heretoday
31-05-2011, 01:34 PM
It's a Wonga band!

primrose123
31-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Sadly HMFC do have an element in our support, but is a very slim slice of what we are. Most jambos hate them and call them HWTBF. Personally I am ashamed to be associated with these cretins and actually feel guilty of that association in that we support the same team. This band have nothing to do with HMFC of course, but as some have said we do have a traditional element in our support. I am sure there is also something similar on your side, although perhaps not in the same numbers.

Those of you who know many Jambos will recognise its just not what we are, those of you who think this is what we are, will see it as another reason to hate HMFC. This is nothing to do with us and nothing to do with football.

The bigots shame us, but they are very much a vocal minority. All in all just sad wee w****rs who have bolted themselves on to a cause.

Kojock
31-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Is that a biggoted march?

Is the HMFB march through Dalry bigotted. Thought the tune in the second clip was an old Scottish Folk song called "These Are My Mountains"

JimBHibees
31-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Sadly HMFC do have an element in our support, but is a very slim slice of what we are. Most jambos hate them and call them HWTBF. Personally I am ashamed to be associated with these cretins and actually feel guilty of that association in that we support the same team. This band have nothing to do with HMFC of course, but as some have said we do have a traditional element in our support. I am sure there is also something similar on your side, although perhaps not in the same numbers.

Those of you who know many Jambos will recognise its just not what we are, those of you who think this is what we are, will see it as another reason to hate HMFC. This is nothing to do with us and nothing to do with football.

The bigots shame us, but they are very much a vocal minority. All in all just sad wee w****rs who have bolted themselves on to a cause.

Totally agree, it is up to your club and the decent fans to deal appropriately with them as they are shaming your club.

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 02:51 PM
The cast of "The Scheme" get in some much needed practice.
Check out the skinny "it's a seet in" wumman and wee Chrissie twirlin his girlie stick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuLLfTaZEo&feature=related

And the Hearts apologists can attempt to fudge or deny all they like but the livery is in situ for all to see.
Frankly sick to the back teeth hearing the so-called (and oxymoronic) 'decent' Jambos crying 'minority'.
If this significant element of Hearts fans shame you so much, stop just bumping yer toothless gums and actually do something to rid your once proud club (or so you tell us) of this cancer!

hibs0666
31-05-2011, 03:02 PM

I could have sworn there were thousands booing the pope at Hampden.

Sprouleflyer
31-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Fair play for coming on and condemning that element of your support, I wish there were more Hearts supporters like you. But from my point of view, you are very much in the minority with the Hearts support. You just need to look back at the last derby when 3800 (a large cross section of the Hearts support) were more than happy to sing about being up to their knees in fenian blood……what does that say about your support? Oh and don’t say that most Hearts fans miss out that line, because they don’t.

You stated that there is something similar on our side, and while I agree that there may well be a small republican element with in the Hibs support, you just do not hear it being sung about in the stands and these type of political songs (as the tic fans claim they are) are now kept well away from ER and football.

Lofarl
31-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Fair play for coming on and condemning that element of your support, I wish there were more Hearts supporters like you. But from my point of view, you are very much in the minority with the Hearts support. You just need to look back at the last derby when 3800 (a large cross section of the Hearts support) were more than happy to sing about being up to their knees in fenian blood……what does that say about your support? Oh and don’t say that most Hearts fans miss out that line, because they don’t.

You stated that there is something similar on our side, and while I agree that there may well be a small republican element with in the Hibs support, you just do not hear it being sung about in the stands and these type of political songs (as the tic fans claim they are) are now kept well away from ER and football.

This kind of arguement could go on all day. Half the east stand hailed Deeko as sort of hero when he chopped down Skacel and got himself sent off, plus the load of coins thrown, mercer songs etc. I've no doubt that Hearts secterian problem is a small but growing one. But the best thing from out point of view is to let them makes fools of themselves as Mini-Huns or watch in disbelief as a few of the jakey fans charge onto the pitch.

That whitewash BBC program, bombs bigotry and parcel bombs may have been a farce but there was zero coverage of Hibs. Its up to the decent Hearts fans to stamp the bigots out. Untill they do we will take the piss.

Renfrew_Hibby
31-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I work in Inverclyde and there is a very large Hibernian club in Port Glasgow aka 'Little Dublin' who have many Hibs Walks in the Port, Greenock and even over in Belfast. I know a few of the boys that go and from the many members, not one will be a Hibs fan. All green brigade types.
So a HMFB could exist but have absolutly nothing to do with Hertz.

Gettin' Auld
31-05-2011, 04:11 PM
:faf:

Oh it's a belt? - I thought he'd put his bra on back to front.

HibeeMG
31-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I work in Inverclyde and there is a very large Hibernian club in Port Glasgow aka 'Little Dublin' who have many Hibs Walks in the Port, Greenock and even over in Belfast. I know a few of the boys that go and from the many members, not one will be a Hibs fan. All green brigade types.

Yeah, but the word Hibernian has an altogether more relevant meaning to these things than, as said before, a pile of gobbed on cobblestones!

primrose123
31-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I could have sworn there were thousands booing the pope at Hampden.

I have already had my say on this, but if you will indulge me I will say a bit more.

I come from a mixed family myself, with 2 of my sisters practising catholics and also Hibs fans. Its not an issue for them or for me, in fact we laugh at the chavs with the red hands and the union flags as well as those who bless themselves in the away end at derby games. My mums side of the family are all Hibbys. You mention booing the Popes 1 minute silence, I was disgusted by that and I was also there in person. It should never have happened and there should never have been a minutes silence for His Holyness anyway. Politics and religion have no place in sport. But since you did bring it up, I must have made as much noise as anybody. A bigot? No, I was shouting down the idiots who started it, as were lots of other decent Hearts fans. It was a set up, and yet it is still shamefull and again I do feel guilty by association.

Whilst I fully admit that Hearts do have an element with traditional views I will never subscribe to the fact that it is a majority. The hullo hulo song is terrible and I never take part in it, im not interested in being up to my knees in anybodys blood. Some sing the Rangers versions lots more sing Hibbys as if that makes it alright. Personally Hearts have enough songs of their own without resorting to that. ( I wont mention marching through Gorgie as the original song as it only confuses matters.)

Now you guys can have a pop and console yourselves that HMFC are mini huns or whatever tag you choose to give us, but as one of them, Im telling you, its not right, its a problem but only a small problem. Somewhere along the line HMFC may have to take a stance on this, personally as my kids get older I will find it harder to expose them to that, if it gets worse,. So they may lose fans and season tickets holders. However lets keep this in the proportion that it is actually at during this time. Edinburgh has enough issues wth its football teams without adding bigotry to the mix.

And for clarity lets be clear the HM band has nothing to do with the football club, there are supporters of HMFC in the band. But as I said earlier, not loyalsists, royalists, freedom fighters or defenders of the crown, just sad wee w****rs who have found a sad wee club where anyone can join. Roasters one and all.

Nothing to do with the vast majority of Hearts fans.
And nothing to do with HMFC.

hibs0666
31-05-2011, 04:46 PM

They have nothing to do with Hearts in the same way as all the other supporters have nothing to do with Hearts.

There is no doubt that Glasgow is Butlins for bigots on matchdays. However, if you want to do bigotry and football in Edinburgh, you will find a home at Tynecastle.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2011, 04:53 PM
This kind of arguement could go on all day. Half the east stand hailed Deeko as sort of hero when he chopped down Skacel and got himself sent off, plus the load of coins thrown, mercer songs etc. I've no doubt that Hearts secterian problem is a small but growing one. But the best thing from out point of view is to let them makes fools of themselves as Mini-Huns or watch in disbelief as a few of the jakey fans charge onto the pitch.

That whitewash BBC program, bombs bigotry and parcel bombs may have been a farce but there was zero coverage of Hibs. Its up to the decent Hearts fans to stamp the bigots out. Untill they do we will take the piss.

Great post, and I agree with every word except the last line. Even if they did stamp it out (which they won't) we will still take the piss. You can rest assured the Yams will always provide laughing stock in one way or another.

1two
31-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Is the HMFB march through Dalry bigotted. Thought the tune in the second clip was an old Scottish Folk song called "These Are My Mountains"

Who suggested they were?

:goingroundincirclessmiley:

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I have already had my say on this, but if you will indulge me I will say a bit more.

I come from a mixed family myself, with 2 of my sisters practising catholics and also Hibs fans. Its not an issue for them or for me, So why mention it? in fact we laugh at the chavs with the red hands and the union flags as well as those who bless themselves in the away end at derby games. My mums side of the family are all Hibbys. You mention booing the Popes 1 minute silence, I was disgusted by that and I was also there in person. It should never have happened and there should never have been a minutes silence for His Holyness anyway. Politics and religion have no place in sport. But since you did bring it up, I must have made as much noise as anybody. A bigot? No, I was shouting down the idiots who started it, as were lots of other decent Hearts fans. It was a set up easy to claim a 'set up' than actually admit that there is a LARGE section of the Hearts support who are sectarianly fueled bigots, how can a 'set up' be established if a core problem doesn't exist - easy to blame someone else than accept responsibility for your own actions - the world witnessed your despicable club's actions that day - no excuses or shifting of blame. Your fans were nailed fair and square because they consist a large (maybe not a majority but large nevertheless) element of vile bigots, and yet it is still shamefull and again I do feel guilty by association. And so you should until you pay more than lip-service to it anonymously on a rival fans messageboard.

Whilst I fully admit that Hearts do have an element with traditional views Why the euphimism? Cant you say what it truly is - divisive, crass, toxic and ignorant. I will never subscribe to the fact that it is a majority. The hullo hulo song is terrible and I never take part in it, im not interested in being up to my knees in anybodys blood. Some sing the Rangers versions Not sure if the Rangers version contains the word 'Gorgie' lots more sing Hibbys as if that makes it alright. Personally Hearts have enough songs of their own without resorting to that. ( I wont mention marching through Gorgie as the original song as it only confuses matters.)

Now you guys can have a pop and console yourselves it's no consolation to share a city with such a malificarious organisation as your vulgar excuse of a club that HMFC are mini huns or whatever tag you choose to give us, but as one of them, Im telling you, its not right, And I am telling you it is entirely accurate -I think the multitudinous evidence to the contrary illustrates that you, as a representative of HMFC as per your claims, are in deep denial its a problem but only a small problem Contradiction no? A problem is a problem is a problem. Somewhere along the line HMFC may just may? have to take a stance on this several times the powers-that-be at Tynecastle (Mercer, Robinson, Purdie) have attempted to quash the bigots in the Hearts support but to no avail - it should have been dealt with a long time ago instead of so called decent fans having to attempt a defense of the indefensible, personally as my kids get older I will find it harder to expose them to that, if it gets worse,. So they may lose fans and season tickets holders. However lets keep this in the proportion that it is actually at during this time. Edinburgh has enough issues wth its football teams without adding bigotry to the mix. Bigotry has not been 'added' to the mix - the sizable element of lowlife in your fan base has ensured that it continues as a staple part of the HMFC matchday experience

And for clarity lets be clear the HM band has nothing to do with the football club, there are supporters of HMFC in the band. So why do they wear that disgusting dark red colour as their hue of choice? Why not adopt a more (relatively) benign appellation - say "The Gorgie/Dalry Halfwit Loyal". Why do they practice their 'traditional' musical ditties in a hall bedecked with Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL CLUB favours, flags, banners and scarves? I'm not convinced that these cretins are able to read far less being conversant with the canon of Sir Walter Scott or have intimate knowledge of the historical ramifications of the phrase 'Heart of Midlothian' and so please, don't embarrass yourself any further by attempting to distance your tawdry wee club from the stercoraceous, toxic sectarianism that is a deeply entrenched defining factor of it. But as I said earlier, not loyalsists, royalists, freedom fighters or defenders of the crown, just sad wee w****rs who have found a sad wee club where anyone can join. Roasters one and all As are those who allow it to flourish on their watch.

Nothing to do with the vast try 'slight'majority of Hearts fans So again, I ask why do you tolerate it?.

And nothing to do with HMFC. Oh wid some pow'r the giftie gie us, tae see oorsels as ithirs see us

A reasonably constructed and eloquent post but sadly, deeply flawed.

Brizo
31-05-2011, 06:15 PM
The denial among the Hertz support about their bigot element is quite incredible. Its the vast majority of the away support who come to ER , lets say 3000. Thats a fifth of their home support unless you believe theyve 400,000 fans. Hardly a tiny minority ,more like a substantial minority.

We self policed the rebs out of ER 30 years ago. The Hertz have never self policed the loyalist stuff out of Tynie because their bigot element is too big for the "decent" JTs to do that.

As for the flute band the old saying if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck you usually find its a duck springs to mind. If it calls itself the HMFB , dresses in maroon and parades about the Gorgie / Dalry area ....

sahib
31-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Be fair! It has got to be a minority. Who ever heard of a 400,000 piece flute band.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Greentinted :top marks

An excellent post from a truly excellent poster.

You did spell euphemism wrong though..................

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 08:17 PM
A humble thanks for the endorseent.

The reason I am fervent about this issue is a personal one. Almost 20 years ago after a derby at ER I became unwittingly embroiled in a violent altercation simply because, unknown to me, I was in the company of Hearts supporters (it was a mixed group) who were, up to their knees in Loyalist culture.
I, and several others in the group, had no idea as to the involvement of the Hearts guys with various sectarian organisations (The Orange Institution, Freemasonry, Flute Bands, BNP/NF Membership, etc) and from then on I have denounced and frankly despised all forms of 'religious' bigotry. It was a horrible experience resulting in several innocents being injured - all because a bunch of overgrown, ill-informed, silly wee laddies thought it big and clever to embrace a philosophy they had (and still have) no idea about.

(Note to self - must improve spelling...)

Iggy Pope
31-05-2011, 08:29 PM
it's a minority in the same way as the huns have their minority of bigots :hilarious. It shouldn't really be news to anyone, all it takes is a look at the away end at ER when they visit and one can see the union flags and red hand flags. And the club themselves pander to this by issuing commemorative royal wedding strips and mugs - for the mugs.

Let's not forget they also made the worldwide press for their behaviour during that minutes silence for the pope, it's also hard to imagine that the attack on neil lemon was not motivated by sectarian hatred (and a fair degree of stupidity)

it's not just catholics that get it though, just ask mark walters and kevin harper who were racially abused by both the supporters and an employee of the club respectively.

Agree with every word, but without being a pedant, Kevin Harper is catholic and black.
A bit like Phil Lynnott - another genius they could never hope to understand. What a shower.

surreyhibbie
31-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Fortunately, I know very few of the Yammish persuasion, probably due to living down south for so long, but sorry, my pink friend, almost all the ones I do know are not only inclined to hate Catholics, but actively take part in Orange walks. To my eternal shame and disgust I am related to them too.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-05-2011, 08:44 PM
:faf:

Oh it's a belt? - I thought he'd put his bra on back to front.

:not worth

Looks like a suitcase luggage strap

HMFB - Heart of Midlothian Fat Barstewards..... :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Fair Comment.

RickyS
31-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Fortunately, I know very few of the Yammish persuasion, probably due to living down south for so long, but sorry, my pink friend, almost all the ones I do know are not only inclined to hate Catholics, but actively take part in Orange walks. To my eternal shame and disgust I am related to them too.

u can't pick your family mate, i have a close family member who has a red hand tattoo on his forearm. but as i point out regularly his face is not symetrical, his eyes are too close together and he has a scar on his hand which proves he had a sixth finger removed at birth:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-05-2011, 08:59 PM

Nice turn of phrase :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
31-05-2011, 09:03 PM
See Big Laurel and Hardy fatty near the back! he'll be lucky to see anther march, fat ****!

Whack em all down with a little armalite. Easy. :greengrin

McIntosh
31-05-2011, 09:49 PM

The man's name is David Pugh who funnily enough went to school with me at Royston Primary and Ainslie Park.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2011, 09:59 PM
A wonderful clip, great to know what the beautiful people are up to. I don't know whose address I'd rather NOT have, the tailor of this tawdry bunch, or their dietician.

H113EE5
31-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Like a fat Simon Cowel. Not sure if it's to keep his manboobs up or his fat belly down :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

The Harp Awakes
31-05-2011, 10:40 PM

I come from a mixed family myself, with 2 of my sisters practising catholics and also Hibs fans. Its not an issue for them or for me, in fact we laugh at the chavs with the red hands and the union flags as well as those who bless themselves in the away end at derby games. My mums side of the family are all Hibbys. You mention booing the Popes 1 minute silence, I was disgusted by that and I was also there in person. It should never have happened and there should never have been a minutes silence for His Holyness anyway. Politics and religion have no place in sport. But since you did bring it up, I must have made as much noise as anybody. A bigot? No, I was shouting down the idiots who started it, as were lots of other decent Hearts fans. It was a set up, and yet it is still shamefull and again I do feel guilty by association.

Whilst I fully admit that Hearts do have an element with traditional views I will never subscribe to the fact that it is a majority. The hullo hulo song is terrible and I never take part in it, im not interested in being up to my knees in anybodys blood. Some sing the Rangers versions lots more sing Hibbys as if that makes it alright. Personally Hearts have enough songs of their own without resorting to that. ( I wont mention marching through Gorgie as the original song as it only confuses matters.)

Now you guys can have a pop and console yourselves that HMFC are mini huns or whatever tag you choose to give us, but as one of them, Im telling you, its not right, its a problem but only a small problem. Somewhere along the line HMFC may have to take a stance on this, personally as my kids get older I will find it harder to expose them to that, if it gets worse,. So they may lose fans and season tickets holders. However lets keep this in the proportion that it is actually at during this time. Edinburgh has enough issues wth its football teams without adding bigotry to the mix.

And for clarity lets be clear the HM band has nothing to do with the football club, there are supporters of HMFC in the band. But as I said earlier, not loyalsists, royalists, freedom fighters or defenders of the crown, just sad wee w****rs who have found a sad wee club where anyone can join. Roasters one and all.

A decent post mate and good on you for coming on here and giving your opinion.

I don't think you are far off the mark to be fair but I do think you are underestimating the problem with bigotry in the Hearts support. As someone pointed out in an earlier post, the Billy Boys rendition at the last derby at Easter Road was sung by the large majority of the Hearts support, not the minority. The other problem Hearts have is that the sectarian element of their support appears to be increasing at a time when the authorities are about clamp down on it for the 1st time.

I grew up supporting Hibs in the late 70s and 80s when it was common to hear the republican ditties amongst our support but thankfully today these songs are no longer sung.

I do think that the problems Hearts are facing with sectarianism are partly due to an identity issue which some Hearts fans have. They are keen to display Hearts as being loyalist and protestant when the Club and it's origins clearly are not. Lets not forget that way back in the 1870s, Hearts were the Club to break the ranks of the bigoted Edinburgh establishment and agreed to recognise Hibs as a Club and play us in a competitive match.

Hibs on the other hand to this day still display our Irish origins and identity in name, colours and Club badge. Perhaps for this reason Hibs fans don't see the need to play up this image any more and therefore we don't have the same sectarian problem in our support.

McIntosh
31-05-2011, 10:55 PM

A great little story about one of the marchers. Their grandmother was something else when you went into her house in Leith apart from the Orange sash and heart scarf there were three pictures on the wall, the obligatory picture of HM The Queen, Pastor Jack Glass and the leader of Protestant Action, John Cormack.

John Cormack was a 1930s politician so extreme that he famously picketed the Oswald Mosley when he was speaking at the Usher Hall for being too liberal in supporting a United Ireland!!!

primrose123
31-05-2011, 11:01 PM
A reasonably constructed and eloquent post but sadly, deeply flawed.

Seems to me like youve spent your time playing to the masses and showing how smart you are, rather than construct a balanced reply to the debate. As far as Im concerned if it lacks balance then it lacks credibility.

Your own experience seems like a reasonable driver for you to hold such a view, so fair do's, I will leave it at that.

McIntosh
31-05-2011, 11:13 PM
I do think that the problems Hearts are facing with sectarianism are partly due to an identity issue which some Hearts fans have. They are keen to display Hearts as being loyalist and protestant when the Club and it's origins clearly are not. Lets not forget that way back in the 1870s, Hearts were the Club to break the ranks of the bigoted Edinburgh establishment and agreed to recognise Hibs as a Club and play us in a competitive match.

Hibs on the other hand to this day still display our Irish origins and identity in name, colours and Club badge. Perhaps for this reason Hibs fans don't see the need to play up this image any more and therefore we don't have the same sectarian problem in our support.

I think that it is a little bit more complicated that this. The central issue is the residual self-image that Heart's fans have of themselves. The perception that they are the establishment club in the city which to all intense purposes they have been and are is indicative of a crisis in identity.

In their language games, their narrative concerning their need to be considered the 'big club' only exposes this fundamental lack of self-confidence. It is unsurprising that they dress themselves either implicitly or tacitly in sectarianism as this defines them against an illusionary other.

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Seems to me like youve spent your time playing to the masses and showing how smart you are, rather than construct a balanced reply to the debate. As far as Im concerned if it lacks balance then it lacks credibility.

Your own experience seems like a reasonable driver for you to hold such a view, so fair do's, I will leave it at that.

Such a loaded term utilised to mobilise a shift in emphasis rather than construct a rational counter argument and therefore self-reflexively imbalanced.
There are no masses to play to, only that of a moral viewpoint evaluated judiciously in order to highlight a flimsy rationale created to distort and deny an obvious truth - ie that the Hearts support is chronically infected with a weighty millstone in the shape of explicit sectarianism.
Come along to Tynecastle and sit with me in Sections N or G. Y'know, those heinous areas rife with wannabe neo-nazis, sectarian bigots and general sub-human inebriates. And I challenge you to shout them down - anything less and it's just quasi-apologetic posturing.

capitals_finest
01-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Silly wee men. With clearly not much going for them and no respect to be lost by marching.

I suspect a good swift kicking CCS style could be all they require to redeem themselves.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Theres a funny vid doing the rounds on youtube of orangemen takin a hit from Celtic casuals, quality seeing those daft bowler hats flying around and chins being smacked!

AndyM_1875
01-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Theres a funny vid doing the rounds on youtube of orangemen takin a hit from Celtic casuals, quality seeing those daft bowler hats flying around and chins being smacked!

One bunch of ******ed pricks fighting another? No thanks, I'll pass.

I've seen enough pseudo-football related violence instigated by the terminally brain-dead to last me a lifetime.

blueisthecolour
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM

From the HMFB website:

No they don't have anything to do with the football team

blueisthecolour
01-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Love the way they can't even march in step, all 100 of them,
In fairness to them what was the tune, I didn't recognise it from my extensive knowledge of "Marching" ditties.
Maybes a new one written in time to honour Mad Vlad opening the new stand.
:aok:

we'll fight in the bogside

degenerated
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
No they don't have anything to do with the football team

in exactly the same way as hearts supporters don't have anything to do with the football team :agree:

Dashing Bob S
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I think that it is a little bit more complicated that this. The central issue is the residual self-image that Heart's fans have of themselves. The perception that they are the establishment club in the city which to all intense purposes they have been and are is indicative of a crisis in identity.

In their language games, their narrative concerning their need to be considered the 'big club' only exposes this fundamental lack of self-confidence. It is unsurprising that they dress themselves either implicitly or tacitly in sectarianism as this defines them against an illusionary other.

Quite.

Phil MaGlass
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM

so why dont you police yourselves like you did when the hertz casuals reared their ugly mugs, theres enough of you fitba supporters to take them on?

Since90+2
01-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I was always under the impression that the right wing / extreme elements of club supports in Britain are also linked to the clubs hooligan element aswell. Not sure if if the case with Hearts.

Fannies the lot of them anyway.

Dinkydoo
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM

This. :agree:

Yeah, but the word Hibernian has an altogether more relevant meaning to these things than, as said before, a pile of gobbed on cobblestones!

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Do we allow clubs to "celebrate thier history" which most likely leads to bigotted behaviour - certainly in the case of Hibs, Hearts, Celtic and Rangers - or not?

The name Hibernian may have more of a connection to the Rebulic of Ireland than Heart of Midlothian does to Orange Walks but where are you supposed to draw the line?

This is football; if people want to take part in debating political and/or historical matters then join a bloody debating club.

If people want to go a step further and kill each other over it then they should be locked up.

Why I am not surprised by this post. :rolleyes:

capitals_finest
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
There is a study revealing that these gentlemen were actually born without genitalia. After a difficult childhood questioning why they were different from other kids followed by a troublesome adulthood, at some point they eventually discover that they do have genitals but they are so small they can only be seen with an industrial microscope. At this stage, the insecurity drives the individual to join Heart of Midlothian Flute Band. Dressing up like a cheap looking soldier, making a noise and marching up a road in a ‘safe area’ with police protection disrupting traffic and locals, gives the individual some sense of importance.

dangermouse
02-06-2011, 02:22 PM
The denial among the Hertz support about their bigot element is quite incredible. Its the vast majority of the away support who come to ER , lets say 3000. Thats a fifth of their home support unless you believe theyve 400,000 fans. Hardly a tiny minority ,more like a substantial minority.

We self policed the rebs out of ER 30 years ago. The Hertz have never self policed the loyalist stuff out of Tynie because their bigot element is too big for the "decent" JTs to do that.

As for the flute band the old saying if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck you usually find its a duck springs to mind. If it calls itself the HMFB , dresses in maroon and parades about the Gorgie / Dalry area ....

A decent post mate and good on you for coming on here and giving your opinion.

I don't think you are far off the mark to be fair but I do think you are underestimating the problem with bigotry in the Hearts support. As someone pointed out in an earlier post, the Billy Boys rendition at the last derby at Easter Road was sung by the large majority of the Hearts support, not the minority. The other problem Hearts have is that the sectarian element of their support appears to be increasing at a time when the authorities are about clamp down on it for the 1st time.

I grew up supporting Hibs in the late 70s and 80s when it was common to hear the republican ditties amongst our support but thankfully today these songs are no longer sung.

At least one has made a comeback with the singing section this season but hopefully it will be deleted from their play list for next season.

green&left
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM
At least one has made a comeback with the singing section this season but hopefully it will be deleted from their play list for next season.

Such as.... ?
'Forever and ever'? Wouldn't really class that as a Republican song?

Phil D. Rolls
02-06-2011, 06:43 PM
What a sad little bunch of fudleys. I see they are marching past Dickens Bar, and wonder if anyone with a Russian hat is joining in.

Yep, it's dignity like that flute band that MacRae's Batallion fought for. They must all be so proud.

hailhail22
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
One of the boys in this video is in my college class and in another video his dad is also in it as far as i know they are die hard rangers fans.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Dont want to see flute bands in Edinburgh on either side.

James Connolly was an important figure in Irish history and therefor is historically interesting because he was from Edinburgh. But thats in the past and marches in his memory just add to the bigotry these days.

Leave all that sheeoit to the weegies and the Irish folk who think its important, but leave it out of Edinburgh and especially Edinburgh football.

steviehfc
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I simply hate HMFC.

There is nothing else to say.:agree: :top marks :thumbsup: