PDA

View Full Version : NHC Chris Maguire

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Having a medical with Derby today.

Good to see another spl team being weakened.

stubru59
31-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Having a medical with Derby today.

Good to see another spl team being weakened.

Yes, but it doesn't say much for an already poor SPL. Mind you, at this rate we might make the top six.

allezsauzee
31-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I disagree entirely. I want Hibs to be challenging for the top 3 because they're a good team beating other decent teams, not because we are less crap than other poor teams. I would have liked to have seen us show a bit of ambition in signing Maguire, he's a good wee player

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2011, 09:04 AM
I disagree entirely. I want Hibs to be challenging for the top 3 because they're a good team beating other decent teams, not because we are less crap than other poor teams. I would have liked to have seen us show a bit of ambition in signing Maguire, he's a good wee player

We would not be able to match the wages Derby offer. plus they are paying £400k

marinello59
31-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Derby County will pay him at least three times what we can afford.

J-C
31-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Championship is the 3rd richest league going, we couldn't match any of their teams re wages, even the ugly sisters would struggle to match the wages there.

DH1875
31-05-2011, 10:54 AM
We would not be able to match the wages Derby offer. plus they are paying £400k

Why they paying £400K :confused:.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Why they paying £400K :confused:.

Aberdeen will be due compensation because he is under 24?

DH1875
31-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Aberdeen will be due compensation because he is under 24?

Does that apply though if he's moving down south? Is it not like when Clayton Donaldson moved up here. Remember all the commotion it caused cause we got him on a free.

LeithBoozy
31-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree with Allezsauzee I always thought he was a good player, the strange thing is most of the dons fans did not rate him.?????????? :confused:

Jones28
31-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Dons fans thought he was a headless chicken and most will be delighted to get £400k for him.

As for me, I thought he would have been an excellent signing...ah well...such is Hibs

allezsauzee
31-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure that there is quite the gulf in salary that we could in theory pay to a few quality players in our squad and what the championship clubs pay. I think the difference is that they will pay a squad of 20 that salary. I think our best hope is to sign 3 or 4 quality players and bring some of the youngsters through to learn from these guys.

marinello59
31-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Does that apply though if he's moving down south? Is it not like when Clayton Donaldson moved up here. Remember all the commotion it caused cause we got him on a free.

It seems to be a bit of a grey area so I am not sure to be honest. Aberdeen are already threatening to go to FIFA if Derby don't pay up so it may not apply.
Personally I hope it doesn't so they get nowt.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure that there is quite the gulf in salary that we could in theory pay to a few quality players in our squad and what the championship clubs pay. I think the difference is that they will pay a squad of 20 that salary. I think our best hope is to sign 3 or 4 quality players and bring some of the youngsters through to learn from these guys.

Think there is a lot of truth in that. When I was watching the Man U v Blackpool game, the commentator was going on about how well the Seasiders had done given their much publicised salary cap of £10K across the board. I then saw a bit in the papers at the weekend about the defender Stephen Crainey knocking back a new deal because he had been offered 50% of his previous terms. And that was from a team coming down with a parachute payment as well as getting decent TV cash.

Cropley10
31-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Derby County will pay him at least three times what we can afford.

What he's getting around £6k per week?