PDA

View Full Version : Potter, Fletch and the strange case of Pelé comparions

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2011, 11:20 PM
So is Hunt suggesting that Fletch thinks he's Pelé then???!

Regardless Levein needs to have a word and see if differences can be sorted for the good of the nation.

From the Scotsman http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Craig-Levein-progress-lacking-cutting.6777118.jp?articlepage=2

Steven Fletcher's current omission from the squad, sparked by his frustration at sitting on the bench during the infamous 1-0 defeat in Prague seven months ago, remains a thorny subject for the manager who issued a terse reply of "nothing has changed" when asked about the Wolves striker at the weekend.

It would clearly be in the best interests of everyone concerned, however, if the 24-year-old could be brought back into the fold. Fletcher's form at the end of the season underlined his potential to be a high-quality international striker, something Levein hardly has in abundance.

Stephen Hunt, Fletcher's team-mate at Molineux, was instrumental in the Irish defeat of the misfiring Scots on Sunday and has no doubts Levein would be well served by ending his Mexican stand-off with the former Hibernian striker.

"I don't know the ins and outs of what has happened with Steven and Scotland," said Hunt. "But I do know that Steven is a really good player.

"For the last six or seven games at Wolves he was fantastic. He was a legend and played a huge part in us staying in the Premier League.

"I hope that one day maybe he can come back for Scotland. He's a hell of a good player and it would be a shame if he didn't play for his country again. I hadn't really seen much of Scotland before we played them but if they keep that team together and build on it, then they can grow.

"They have some quality players, but the key thing is to stay a team. You don't want certain individuals thinking they are Pele. I won't mention any names. Put two and two together and you can work it out.

Shrekko
30-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Hunt more likely to be talking about Scott Brown who he had a wee spat with during the game?

Don't think he'd be talking up a team-mate then finishing by saying 'he thinks he's Pele' surely?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Hunt more likely to be talking about Scott Brown who he had a wee spat with during the game?

Don't think he'd be talking up a team-mate then finishing by saying 'he thinks he's Pele' surely?

Didn't see that incident - found it rather odd but after a few glasses of wine thats the way it is if you're out of practice :wink::greengrin Should stick to the beers!

Hiber-nation
31-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Must be Charlie Adam he's referring to after his awful peformance the other night.

Broken Gnome
31-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Definitely 100 percent Charlie Adam. He speaks about Broon and Fletcher separately in the interview without criticism or any digs.

Fletcher or his agent really needs to sort this out now, it's benefiting no one..

down-the-slope
31-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Must be Charlie Adam he's referring to after his awful peformance the other night.

Definitely 100 percent Charlie Adam. He speaks about Broon and Fletcher separately in the interview without criticism or any digs.

Fletcher or his agent really needs to sort this out now, it's benefiting no one..

:agree: anyone else think that Adam was trying to keep his profile up in the hope EPL teams bid for him and put pressure on Blackpool to seel after they excercised their right to a 12 month extension on his contract......

lead to a less than 'for the team' display

hibeemikey21
31-05-2011, 02:22 PM
The Sun thinks its Adam:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3609701/Charlie-thinks-hes-Pele.html

Bayern Bru
31-05-2011, 02:30 PM
The interview with the Scotsman suggests Brown/Adam.

Probably more likely to be Adam - delusions of grandeur with the talk of Liverpool et al keen for his signature?

Seveno
31-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Potter needs Fletch more than Fletch needs Potter. Potter is too much of a dick to own upmto it.

AgentDaleCooper
31-05-2011, 07:18 PM
The Sun thinks its Adam:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3609701/Charlie-thinks-hes-Pele.html

i love how they didn't actually give a single premise for believing it was charlie adam. (not saying it wasn't - just that it's hilariously crap reporting)