PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen (+ A90 areas) Hibs fans look in here.

Hibernian Verse
30-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Alright,

A couple of us were thinking about setting up a bus for games and getting some get-togethers, just looking to find out how many people would be interested. Idea being that those from Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth would then find it more affordable to get to games due to a shared bus price rather than individual petrol costs, and a better overall matchday experience getting the bus with other Hibees.

If you would be interested in this becoming a common occurrence then could you pm me with your name, contact number and e-mail address?

Cheers!

The Harp
30-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Doesn't apply to me but best of luck with that - with the kind of season we've just had you might need it. Still have so many happy memories of nights out in Aberdeen after Hibs games up there in the 60's. Still my favourite away fixture.

stokesmessiah
30-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Doesn't apply to me but best of luck with that - with the kind of season we've just had you might need it. Still have so many happy memories of nights out in Aberdeen after Hibs games up there in the 60's. Still my favourite away fixture.

You dont have to live here :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Some good interest in this, got 7 or 8 names so far. Hopefully a few more and we can start thinking about it happening.

:hnet:

Jack
31-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry to maybe get you excited with another post but I’ve not seen this on the HibeesBounce – you might also want to try there.

Another thought might be to run any potential bus through Perth, which isn't that too far out your way. I know there are a lot of Hibbies there, or thereabouts.

Sylar
31-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry to maybe get you excited with another post but I’ve not seen this on the HibeesBounce – you might also want to try there.

Another thought might be to run any potential bus through Perth, which isn't that too far out your way. I know there are a lot of Hibbies there, or thereabouts.

Even stopping at the Broxden Services on the way down would perhaps be a good idea :agree:

marinello59
31-05-2011, 01:03 PM

Last time somebody to organise this there were about 8 stops en route suggested that ''wouldn't be too far out of your way.'' :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2011, 01:12 PM

I thought there was a bus that runs from Perth? If not then definitely, as we need to pass Perth anyway.

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Tried to change the thread title but failed miserably :greengrin is it possible?

marinello59
31-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Tried to change the thread title but failed miserably :greengrin is it possible?

Ask an admin.:agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
31-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Tried to PM you but got the following ...

Tó Madeira has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Count me in . . possibly ! :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Tried to PM you but got the following ...

Tó Madeira has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Count me in . . possibly ! :greengrin

Should be ok now if you want to give me your email address.:hnet:

Bobby's Cinema
31-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Done :thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
12 interested so far, roughly 20 makes it viable as it allows for as many drop outs as we can afford.

Bump for Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth and surrounding areas...get in touch!

:flag:

frazeHFC
01-06-2011, 01:49 PM
IF i get into University, which will be Dundee, i would be very interested. So no point in taking my name because maths went very bad so i might not get in. :rolleyes: But if i do then i would definately be interested in this.

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Can someone who has an account on the Bounce please post a link to this thread with the thread title of "Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Hibees in here" or something similar?

I tried to sign up but apparently you need to get approved by the admin which they haven't done yet.

Cheers!

hibeedonald
01-06-2011, 02:54 PM
does Stirling count? if it does im in.

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
does Stirling count? if it does im in.

Stirling's a bit far off the route, that's down the road to the weej. If you were able to get to Perth then yes, but I don't know if you're just better off going straight to ER?

Jack
01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Can someone who has an account on the Bounce please post a link to this thread with the thread title of "Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth Hibees in here" or something similar?

I tried to sign up but apparently you need to get approved by the admin which they haven't done yet.

Cheers!

I'll do it. Do you want to PM me your email address so they can PM me and I'll pass on the info.

RIP
01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
IF i get into University, which will be Dundee, i would be very interested. So no point in taking my name because maths went very bad so i might not get in. :rolleyes: But if i do then i would definately be interested in this.

Sorry to hear that Fraze mate - never mind - you can always reply on your English :duck:

I can vouch for the fact there's a Perth Branch (the Mighty Perth Paul Kanos) but nae bus - we all take our jam jars. It's only £10-£15 in fuel for the round trip so a Perth fare on this new Aberdeen bus would have to be £5/£6 return before the drivers would swap from the car

I like travelling wi fellow fans so put me down as yer Perth Branch contact and I'll test the water. My brother and his family are in Dunfermline so you could make a pick up at Halbeath?

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Fraze mate - never mind - you can always reply on your English :duck:

I can vouch for the fact there's a Perth Branch (the Mighty Perth Paul Kanos) but nae bus - we all take our jam jars. It's only £10-£15 in fuel for the round trip so a Perth fare on this new Aberdeen bus would have to be £5/£6 return before the drivers would swap from the car

I like travelling wi fellow fans so put me down as yer Perth Branch contact and I'll test the water. My brother and his family are in Dunfermline so you could make a pick up at Halbeath?

Didn't read this before I read the PM you sent. I'll contact a few coach companies but it might be worth you doing that yourself? I'll be hard pushed to find a coach from Aberdeen that will allow Perth Hibees to only pay £6 return. Maybe though, if there's enough of you. Disregard my PM and I'll call some companies tomorrow.

Cheers

Fraser

RIP
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Didn't read this before I read the PM you sent. I'll contact a few coach companies but it might be worth you doing that yourself? I'll be hard pushed to find a coach from Aberdeen that will allow Perth Hibees to only pay £6 return. Maybe though, if there's enough of you. Disregard my PM and I'll call some companies tomorrow.

Cheers
Fraser

Ignore my PM Fraser. However if Aberdeen/Edinburgh is 250 mile round trip, Dundee/Edinburgh is 125 mile round trip and Perth/Edinburgh is 84 mile round trip you should be looking at fares of £27 return for Aberdeen, £13 return for Dundee and £9 for Perth otherwise one city is subsidising another

If however the cost rises to above £30, £15 and £10 - this would knock me back £30 for the 3 of us when my car only cost us £12-£15. It would be the odd one-off but not a regular commitment

Hibernian Verse
02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Ignore my PM Fraser. However if Aberdeen/Edinburgh is 250 mile round trip, Dundee/Edinburgh is 125 mile round trip and Perth/Edinburgh is 84 mile round trip you should be looking at fares of £27 return for Aberdeen, £13 return for Dundee and £9 for Perth otherwise one city is subsidising another

If however the cost rises to above £30, £15 and £10 - this would knock me back £30 for the 3 of us when my car only cost us £12-£15. It would be the odd one-off but not a regular commitment

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll get onto companies today.

Hibernian Verse
07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Last call...

Jack
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
On cost. As far as I am aware most busses running from ER to away matches charge £10, or more. They also run fund raisers / football cards to keep costs down. Maybe you could get in touch with some bus experts and see what they think is fair. :confused: