PDA

View Full Version : What's the daftest or funniest thing you've witnessed at Easter Road

iwasthere1972
30-05-2011, 01:57 PM
The daftest. A Hibs fan throwing a pizza (including the box) onto the pitch when there were no players even in the vicinity. Not only had he spent good money on a pizza but he also got ejected from the ground.

Sammy7nil
30-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Thicot

The Gorf
30-05-2011, 02:05 PM
The daftest. A Hibs fan throwing a pizza (including the box) onto the pitch when there were no players even in the vicinity. Not only had he spent good money on a pizza but he also got ejected from the ground.

Russell Latapy asking the referee to be excused during play as he needed a pee.:agree:

silverhibee
30-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Remember long long long time ago i was at ER, old terracing at the floodlight at the FF end and a guy(obviously drunk) climbed up the floodlight and was dangling about at the top, i was very young so was funny at the time, but looking back was very dangerous, the police had no intention of going up after him. :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Guy thowing the rugby ball at Craig Gordon.

iwasthere1972
30-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Russell Latapy asking the referee to be excused during play as he needed a pee.:agree:

Seriously.

blairwallace
30-05-2011, 02:09 PM
st johnstone player falling over the advertising boards at the west stand

Westie1875
30-05-2011, 02:10 PM

This :agree::thumbsup:

The Gorf
30-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Seriously.

Seriously. It;s the first and last time I have ever seen that happen.

RIP
30-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Game aginst Rangers
Dug runs onto pitch
Within a split second Hibs fans started a chant

"John Greig - Cha Cha Cha!"

Lofarl
30-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I forgot what game it was but it was the prematch warmup when this happened. Pat mcginley was taking pot shots at goal, one in typical fashion sailed a few meters wide. This rocket of a shot absolutely skelped a policeman on the back of the head, causing said bobby to fall over the advertising boards.

Pat realising this sheepishly melted back into the others doing streches.

BSEJVT
30-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Stevie "booked for being ugly" Fulton

Old drunk guy in old terracing below old Main Stand, losing his false teeth onto the track, singing Jingle Bells

Not at ER but at Killie one new year

Dylan Kerr ex Killie trying to be a wide boy with the Hibs support and then having his microphone speech drowned out for the whole of half time by the travelling Hibs Support singing.

In the Mowbray days, what would we do for a team like that now?

Hibee87
30-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Never witnessed it but heard a story about george best going to take a corner v the current buns, someone throws a can of beer at him, best apparently picked it up took a swig and got on with the game.

can anyone confirm this story as would have been pretty funny if true

NthCarolinaHibs
30-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Never witnessed it but heard a story about george best going to take a corner v the current buns, someone throws a can of beer at him, best apparently picked it up took a swig and got on with the game.

can anyone confirm this story as would have been pretty funny if trueYep, true :agree:

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Old drunk guy in old terracing below old Main Stand, losing his false teeth onto the track, singing Jingle Bells

Dylan Kerr ex Killie trying to be a wide boy with the Hibs support and then having his microphone speech drowned out for the whole of half time by the travelling Hibs Support singing.

In the Mowbray days, what would we do for a team like that now?:faf: That was class.

Calvin
30-05-2011, 03:24 PM
:faf: That was class.
:agree:

Probably the noisiest I've ever heard the Hibs away support!

hibeemikey21
30-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Steven Thompson did something similar pre-season with Burnley:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/burnley-striker-thompson-fined-having-beer-during-game-260619

That would have been one expensive sip!!

hibeemikey21
30-05-2011, 03:27 PM

:tee hee:

Before my time, but that made me laugh

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Probably the noisiest I've ever heard the Hibs away support!Sure he looked over about half way through and said somthing like ''come on guys give it a rest'' and we just got louder.

Hal Jordan
30-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Joe Tortolano sending Gordon Strachan into row F of the cowshed about 2 minutes into Gordon Rae's testimonial v Man U.

And Steve Fulton getting booked for being ugly.

Oh, and "I'll be here as long as you want me" from Judas.

NthCarolinaHibs
30-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Sure he looked over about half way through and said somthing like ''come on guys give it a rest'' and we just got louder.He said, pointing to the Hibs fans.."Dunno who they are"

R'Albin
30-05-2011, 04:01 PM

TamHibs
30-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I mind a match at Easter Road during the Mowbray days against Killie. Scott Brown had been having a bit of needle with one of the Killie players, both go to challenge for the ball down near the FF/West Stand corner, ball goes out for a throw in after the killie player tried to keep it in play. Broony making it look like he was trying to clear the ball just melted it full force into the guys face.

Please tell me someone else remembers this (although I dont actually know even why I remember it)

Jones28
30-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Gary Caldwell getting it tight: "What's it like to **** a hun?"

Paul Telfer getting nailed right infront of me after injuring Scott Brown a few seasons back, Brown clatters him and the look he gave him was classic

KWJ
30-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Booked for being ugly was epic.

I remember one of the rainy intertoto games where Paul Dalglish went to cross the ball in by the corner of the south/west and fell on his arse missing the ball as it was so wet.

Minutes later Broonie is running down the same corner looking to get a cross in and pings one perfectly by doing the David Dunn falling over thing crossing the ball with his wrong foot. Making Dalglish look like even more of a plum.

totalfootball
30-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I mind a match at Easter Road during the Mowbray days against Killie. Scott Brown had been having a bit of needle with one of the Killie players, both go to challenge for the ball down near the FF/West Stand corner, ball goes out for a throw in after the killie player tried to keep it in play. Broony making it look like he was trying to clear the ball just melted it full force into the guys face.

Please tell me someone else remembers this (although I dont actually know even why I remember it)

Something similar...I remember we were playing the yams and broony went running to close someone down in front of whats now the home dugout and the hearts boy melled the ball straight into broonys genetal area.....Broony went down in a heap and when he got up his face was bright red, probably through pain and rage! Came back on straight away and when the hearts defender went to shake his hand to apoligise,its fair to say broony rebuffed it and gave him one of those famous 'I'll get you' stares! Very funny thinking back but at the time, I was whincing for him

.Sean.
30-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I remember back in the Mowbray days, a game versus Dundee United IIRC, I think it was Brown and Thomson had just been subbed off and were warming down in front of the Famous 5 stand. Loads of wee laddies went down for autographs, pictures etc and Brown was more than happy to oblige. This dobber steward comes across and sends all the wee ones away and Scott Brown's trying to talke sense to this steward. By now the guys getting absolute pelters from the support, and he turns round giving it the 'COME ON'!' stance, arms out and shouting. Some guy ran down to confront him, it was pretty sureal. Suffice to say, the steward wasn't seen again!

Lmc2105
30-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Steven Rennie in the 10 Second Challenge :greengrin:not worth

BT58
30-05-2011, 04:44 PM
We used to stand in the old north enclosure
My mate ( whos sadly passed) arnie thomson
shouted to us all to leave a high ball booted
into the enclosure,,, we all waited, he caught it alright
but landed on his erky,,,jeez the howls of laughter that day
he got ribbed big style !!!!!!

MWHIBBIES
30-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Anyone remember Brown and Thomshun taking the piss out of Dunfermline by just passing the ball between each other about 7 or 8 times inside the centre circle.

heidtheba
30-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Apologies if the bloke that did this is on hibs.net but it was quite funny...

Some bloke coming on to the centre circle for a home game against Motherwell (0-0 IIRC, sleet and nothing to get excited about), brings this girl onto the circle with him, she looks mortified, he gets down on one knee and, with the mic in his hands, proposes to her.

Cue the away and home support shouting helpful things like 'say naw - hes ugly' and 'I could be much better for you' etc etc

It was the only thing that cheered me up all day. Never did get to hear what she said!

Calasandro
30-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Eric Skora I think the Killie player was.....

I remember it too. It was a rasper to say the least. He done it up at ICT as well but got booked on that occasion.

SaulGoodman
30-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Even though there's no doubt he's been a decent goalscorer for us, Sodjes got to go in there somewhere. :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
30-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Seriously. It;s the first and last time I have ever seen that happen.

I think Mikolooneytunes did that a few seasons ago during a game I was listening to on the radio, that was the first time I'd heard of that happening. :greengrin

A couple of years ago, I saw a guy along the row from me in the East Stand lying across about 5 seats sleeping, which I thought was quite funny. :greengrin

3pm
30-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Kevin Thomson pissing all over Barry Ferguson, who was eventually sent off, is up there! However, my all time favourite was the old boy who sat behind me on the terracing. Tortolano was having a 'mare and someone shouted 'useless c Tortolano' to which the old boy jumped up dead pan told him to 'F off, he's playing on his bogey ground'.

Twiglet
30-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I've only been going regularly in the last couple of seasons, but there was a funny incident the other season there.
It was just after the old East was knocked down, can't remember who we were playing, but Rankin and, I think it was Miller, but is could have been McBride, both go for this high ball. Both are looking up for the ball and smack into each other at full pelt. They literally bounced off each other and landed on their backs. It was one of those moments where you really shouldn't laugh because people are hurt, but the whole thing was just so funny I, and those around couldn't help it.

The Harp
30-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Top three for me in chronological (Ooooh) order:
1. Many years ago during a diabolical game against Airdrie at ER the ball goes out of play opposite the main stand. Disgusted Hibee picks it up carries it to the top of the old ultra high east terracing drops the ball and wellies it out of the stadium. He was arrested for his trouble but got the biggest cheer of the day. IIRC Tom Hart rewarded him for his good judgement by giving him a complimentary season ticket.

2. The 'booked for being ugly' chant at Stevie Fulton

3. The rugby ball thrown getting thrown on at Tynie

All years apart but never to be forgotten. :not worth

mim
30-05-2011, 05:27 PM
A couple of thousand years ago, the teams were having their pre-match warm up (which consisted of lashing the ball past the keeper in those days).

I can't remember who we were playing - it might have been St Mirren - in any case they had a goalkeeper who was about 5' 0" tall and quite portly (to be kind).

We were all a bit gobsmacked and couldn't wait for the game to start.

When the ref had tossed the coin and the teams were changing ends, the wee fat guy runs off and the real keeper emerges from the tunnel.

Apparently, it was all part of Edinburgh Unversity Rag Week.

Clever tho. :agree:

Niffy
30-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Mines was when I arrived at ER early so stotted about the front as the Dundee Utd bus pulled in and the players started getting off.

A grgoup of 7-10 year old Hibby lads gathered around the front of the bus and collected autographs... big Freddy Van Der Hoorn and all that keech... the UTD players were very nice to the Hibby bairns,

then Scott Crabbe got off , walked up to the first young lad to sign his book and the lad looked up at him and said straight to his face "F*** off ya hearts ba*****."

Bloody quality, I just stood and guffawed for ages.

Kaiser1962
30-05-2011, 05:59 PM
A game a few days before Christmas against Rangers about the mid eighties and guy gets lifted in a full Santa outfit. Was with my young nephew at the the time and his, and all the other bairns, faces were a picture. Think the photo made the papers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Sure I can remember the wooden shed in the corner catching on fire during a game?
Spontaneous " two-nil, then you f***ked it up" during a 4-2 game with Gretna.
Pre-season game (inter-toto?) when thousands of seagulls turned up a half-time.
Personal Hibs fave is from the pre-season at Raith, when the ball was lumped over the lower side of the ground and hit a house front door, and a wee while later, the boy opened the door to see who was there.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Kenny Waugh taking over...:rolleyes: :grr:

ancient hibee
30-05-2011, 06:05 PM
After Baker and Macleod were replaced by Baker and McLeod it would be true to say that there was a distinct drop in goal scoring ability-though Gerry tried hard.One game he managed to put the ball over the bar from about 6 inches and lay beating the turf(which he did a lot).Guy next to me shouts"Will it help if we call you Joe".

In Bobby Johnstone's first game back-against Killie-there was a gasp when he came onto the field as he was no longer the wee slim guy.A minute in he got the ball in the centre circle,beat two guys and chipped a wonderful pass up the wing to Joe.At this stage of his career most of Baker's passes came from big hoofs from the goalie-so he was so astonished he fell over the ball.Later in the game we had a free kick about 25 yards out Bobby was organising everybody into position and Jimmy Brown the Killie goalie was setting the defence-nobody noticed John Baxter who started running from halfway waving and shouting to the ref and walloped the ball int the net.Not sure who was most annoyed Jimmy or Bobby.

Sodje_18
30-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Stacky and the huddle.
The you're no unbeatable chant.
When Paul Hartley was in the setanta box next to the east terracing, all you could hear is 'Paul Hartley is gaaaay', thats the game that 'Valdimir Romanov he sucks Paul Hartley off' song was made up IIRC :greengrin

Hal Jordan
30-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Somebody once shouting 'Haw McCluskey your arse is offside!' at George McCluskey.

And finally; me and my brother up the back of the old stand in front of the press boxes making faces at Murdo MacLeod and making him laugh when he was talking on the radio. Not funny to anybody else, but funny to me.

stanton_4
30-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Game aginst Rangers
Dug runs onto pitch
Within a split second Hibs fans started a chant

"John Greig - Cha Cha Cha!"
I remember it well lol :greengrin

Mac
30-05-2011, 06:55 PM
memory is going but im sure it was at Raith Rovers a few years ago, boy behind was slating Orman the whole of the first half, no matter if he was on the ball or not he was giving him pelters the whole time, second half kicks off and the boy starts again on Orman until someone points out that they switch sides at half time and he was now shouting at Murray and not Orman, the boy got pelters as you can imagine and we were pissing ourselves.

stanton_4
30-05-2011, 07:07 PM
George Best pretending to bum Danny McGrain with a flag at Hampden.
Indefensibly childish... but funny as.

stanton_4
30-05-2011, 07:11 PM
The first time I heard the Hibs support singing "Davie Dodds, elephant man" stands out. So cruel yet so funny. I think I spat my bovril out when I heard that one. Still makes me smile when ever I think of it. :greengrin

monteddie
30-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Many years ago when I was a kid I used to be in the ground around 2pm as the players where warming up this ass hole was giving the Legendary Benny Brazil some verbal Benny got so pissed off he offered the guy a square go, Benny was at the point where he was going to climb the fence to get at him the abuser who will remain unnamed **** himself and disappeared.

S.sct
30-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Paul Hartley I (in his Hibs days) was a subbie warming up when the ball comes toward him (going out of play) the twat picked it up and threw it back before it had gone out. He was booked for being thick.

soupy
30-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Hibbyandy bursting into Joe Joe super Joe, for about 10 minutes thinking mcbride had scored when infact it was Gordon chisolm.

I guess you had to be there :)

Saorsa
30-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Hibbyandy bursting into Joe Joe super Joe, for about 10 minutes thinking mcbride had scored when infact it was Gordon chisolm.

I guess you had to be there :)Nah, still quite funny :hilarious even if I wisnae there :greengrin

Eaststand
30-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Fulton being booked for being ugly was a classic and still makes me smile

What about Charlie Adam at the pre season friendly with Blackpool, he came over clapping our support...he maybe forgot he was a Hun and got the usual Hun Bast4rd chants, then the classic song.....Charlie Charlie show us your teeth
His face was a picture as he walked away :na na:

Mixxu, and Russell's smiling faces at our 6th goal in the 6 -2 game

GGTTH

soupy
30-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Fulton being booked for being ugly was a classic and still makes me smile

What about Charlie Adam at the pre season friendly with Blackpool, he came over clapping our support...he maybe forgot he was a Hun and got the usual Hun Bast4rd chants, then the classic song.....Charlie Charlie show us your teeth
His face was a picture as he walked away :na na:

Mixxu, and Russell's smiling faces at our 6th goal in the 6 -2 game

GGTTH
Charlie Charlie, gees a smile:)

fat freddy
30-05-2011, 07:41 PM
a hibs v celtic reserve game back in the eighties...theres a mob of loud celtic fans in the stand being loud celtic fans...a bit aggressive in the way that weedgies are when they think theres no one to stand up to them...but they must have wound up a few hibbies a wee bit too much as a scene developed where in the midst of the game the celtic fans got chased down to the enclosure, over onto the running track, round by the seated enclosure, onto the east terracing (which was closed to fans)and down the steps at the back of the east terrace never to be seen again...the hibbies doing the chasing never came back either and i've no idea what happened when they inevitably caught up with the celtic fans but it was a surreal interlude to an otherwise forgetable game...

oh aye...the guy on the floodlights that was mentioned earlier...i was under the lights that night and i remember the guy was a well known face who i think travelled with a bus that ran from the doocot..

TRC
30-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Remember sitting in the east one day, playing Dundee United and they scored Billy Dodds. He ran over to the east arms aloft guy behind me who looked like Shaun Dennis has a full pie and launches it at him brown sauce an all sliding down dodds shirt very amusing to me when i was that age funnier still i don't think dodds even noticed :thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
30-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Hibs away at parkhead,celtic players come out of the huddle,only to find out every hibs player lined up on the half way line.

I'm sure yogi had something to do with that.

budgiemcb
30-05-2011, 08:02 PM
In the East a few years back.....a boy was giving it big licks for about 30 seconds about how pish Brian Kerr is after a wayward pass.

As soon as he's done, another boy shouts "Brian Kerr is no playing the day Pal, that's Alan O'Brien!" which was quickly followed by howls of laughter all round.

Not a peep was heard from the first boy for the rest of the game.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2011, 08:03 PM

I guess you had to be there :)

HAHAHAHAHAH I remember that like it was yesterday :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gus Fring
30-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I forget who it was against but a steward had the hump because a Hibby was at the back of the stand and kept standing up. The steward demanded repeatedly that he sit down, each time he did but then got back up next time something happened on the pitch. Eventually the steward lost the rag and said if he seen the guy standing again he would chuck him out. Steward then walks back down the steps, and from the middle distance you could just hear a solitary voice shout...

STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE HEARTS!

surreyhibbie
30-05-2011, 08:32 PM
standing on the East terracing beside the Cave, my usual spot, there were 3 drunk guys with a paper carrier bag with Pomagne in it (you were allowed such things in them days!)

Hibs score, they start jumping up and down like loonies and the Pomagne exploded. The guy holding it looked down at the plastic handles and the soggy remains of the bag, while the pomagne poured all over the terracing.

He looked down, horrified and just said a heartfelt "Ah...F%$£!"

Almost wet myself.

Never found out their names but they were there most weeks, usually paralytic.

CapitalHibs
30-05-2011, 08:43 PM
After Baker and Macleod were replaced by Baker and McLeod it would be true to say that there was a distinct drop in goal scoring ability-though Gerry tried hard.One game he managed to put the ball over the bar from about 6 inches and lay beating the turf(which he did a lot).Guy next to me shouts"Will it help if we call you Joe".

In Bobby Johnstone's first game back-against Killie-there was a gasp when he came onto the field as he was no longer the wee slim guy.A minute in he got the ball in the centre circle,beat two guys and chipped a wonderful pass up the wing to Joe.At this stage of his career most of Baker's passes came from big hoofs from the goalie-so he was so astonished he fell over the ball.Later in the game we had a free kick about 25 yards out Bobby was organising everybody into position and Jimmy Brown the Killie goalie was setting the defence-nobody noticed John Baxter who started running from halfway waving and shouting to the ref and walloped the ball int the net.Not sure who was most annoyed Jimmy or Bobby.

"The Chin" did it twice in that game - two absolute belters into the bottom corner - never managed to do it even once again in his whole career IIRC.

R'Albin
30-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but aberdeen 2-1 hibs last day of the season, someone launches a ball into the crowd, this big guy jumps up and makes a stunning catch and shouts"see Makalambay this is how you catch a ****ing ball!" Haha was class :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
30-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Some radge who confronted the singing section and then attempted to punch one of us away to Motherwell.....hilarious as he was led away by stewards :greengrin

hibeedonald
30-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Towell's miss last week.

St mirren away at half-time when the tune to "do do do do makalamby" came on, he wasnt even playing but came over to the hibs support to dance to it and everyone joined in.

Boruc's gloves, surprised it hasn't been mentioned

At Tynecastle, not sure if he has a problem, but one solitary hearts fan stayed at the end to the amusement of the hibs support, who watched him do some crazy kicks and dance moves to hearts fans.

This was quality aswell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_CSQUlpKVQ although thats what buckfast does. (skip the start)

"the sheep was on fire"

all of nades missed chances, his goalscoring record, and everything we sang about him!

HibbyAndy
30-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Konte trying to win a penalty against Celtic at Easter road, The delayed reaction was about 10 seconds when he then fell to the turf.Utterly cringeworthy.

BroxburnHibee
30-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Not sure if I've got the right game but was it the day Rangers won the league?

When it became obvious there were away fans in one of the boxes in the FF stand so all the fans down there stood in front of the window so they couldn't see.

That was hilarious - kudos to anyone involved in that :hilarious

jakki
30-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Been there but never seen it!

My first Hibs game. In 1962 against Dundee, I was behind the goals , north terracing. A wayward shot comes heading for my direction and I duck. The ball speeds over my head and I stand up erect and announce " that was a close call".
Little did I know because of the sparse crowd, the ball bounced about 3 rows behind me and it was BAM when it hit off the back of my head sending my specs into orbit. I spent the rest of the game on my hands and knees searching for said specks much to the laughter of the north terracing Yes I did find them and surprisingly enough they weren't broken!

BEEJ
30-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Alan Freeland - September 2006.

He was playing the role of referee that day, apparently.

Hibs90
30-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Sure I can remember the wooden shed in the corner catching on fire during a game?
Spontaneous " two-nil, then you f***ked it up" during a 4-2 game with Gretna.
Pre-season game (inter-toto?) when thousands of seagulls turned up a half-time.
Personal Hibs fave is from the pre-season at Raith, when the ball was lumped over the lower side of the ground and hit a house front door, and a wee while later, the boy opened the door to see who was there.

Remember the fire thing, was a bit random. The Raith one is a cracker :agree:

zlatan
30-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Konte trying to win a penalty against Celtic at Easter road, The delayed reaction was about 10 seconds when he then fell to the turf.Utterly cringeworthy.

Remember that well, went for a header and it bounced off his back so he falls to the ground looking for a penalty. Stunned silence before the entire stadium starts laughing.

hibee bouncer
30-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Dave McPherson playing for the current buns, goes to take a throw-in but doesn't lift the ball above his head and it cracks him off the back of his head! Clown!

HibbyAndy
30-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Remember that well, went for a header and it bounced off his back so he falls to the crowd looking for a penalty. Stunned silence before the entire stadium starts laughing.

Says it all eh :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I forget who it was against but a steward had the hump because a Hibby was at the back of the stand and kept standing up. The steward demanded repeatedly that he sit down, each time he did but then got back up next time something happened on the pitch. Eventually the steward lost the rag and said if he seen the guy standing again he would chuck him out. Steward then walks back down the steps, and from the middle distance you could just hear a solitary voice shout...

STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE HEARTS!

The very same thing happened to my brother @ East End Park!
He still got chucked out though.

Allant1981
30-05-2011, 10:28 PM

Probably the noisiest I've ever heard the Hibs away support!

Didnt he come away with some daft statement saying he didnt know who we were

just seen another reply that confirmed it

givescotlandfreedom
30-05-2011, 10:39 PM

Even better/worse I'm sure we were 3 or 4 down in the closing stages of the game.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone remember Konte taking a dive against Celtic? It was at the FF end.

IIRC his shoe laces might have got caught in a guys studs but at the time it looked like the worst dive ever. Whole stand was laughing.

HibbyAndy
30-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Anyone remember Konte taking a dive against Celtic? It was at the FF end.

IIRC his shoe laces might have got caught in a guys studs but at the time it looked like the worst dive ever. Whole stand was laughing.

Post 68 :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
30-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Towell's miss last week.

St mirren away at half-time when the tune to "do do do do makalamby" came on, he wasnt even playing but came over to the hibs support to dance to it and everyone joined in.

Boruc's gloves, surprised it hasn't been mentioned

At Tynecastle, not sure if he has a problem, but one solitary hearts fan stayed at the end to the amusement of the hibs support, who watched him do some crazy kicks and dance moves to hearts fans.

This was quality aswell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_CSQUlpKVQ although thats what buckfast does. (skip the start)

"the sheep was on fire"

all of nades missed chances, his goalscoring record, and everything we sang about him!

What a ****in dafty

Sas_The_Hibby
30-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Benny Brazil trying to trap the ball between his head and his knee - try it sometime!

First guy on terracing shouts out, during yet another dreadful Hibs performance, "f*** me, Hibs"
Second guy calls out "what, all 11 of them?"
First guy replies, with a leering smile on his face, "Yeah, AND the substitutes". :wink:

marleyhib
30-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Guy hitting John Greig square on the back of the head with a pie from the old Main Stand.

"Robbo Robbo Where's Your Wife? She's getting ahemd by a hibby ..."

John Robertson pretending to eat a pie chucked at him from the East

"Booked for being ugly"

Boruc getting wound up by chants from the East and then gifting us two goals

Cowshed roof falling in

Pierce O'Leary skying a penalty over the cowshed against Celtic, wasn't that funny at the time TBH

Bookkeeper
30-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Donkeys years ago, Doug Rougvie using his 'strength' to keep back Mickey Weir and the ball goes out for a throw. Rougvie goes to take the throw and Mickey pulls his shorts doon on the way past.

An away match at the pbs and the refs favouring them as usual. Somebody roars at the ref "ya dirty orange, maroon, black b******" :greengrin

hibeedonald
31-05-2011, 12:03 AM
What a ****in dafty

I know, thought it was hilarious though

Auckland Hibs
31-05-2011, 01:28 AM
There's been a few......a couple mentioned in earlier posts but my favourites being;

1. "Booked for being ugly" - even after all this time it still makes me laugh - even the Hearts players where laughing at Fulton. Class!

A couple away from ER;

2. Gazza booking the ref at Ibrox and then being booked was funny at the time (what a twat the ref was!).

3. Dickie from the IEC bus jumping over the advertising boards and warming up with the Hibs players before a SC game (@ Queen of the South?) was pretty mental.

4. Willie Miller jumping up and catching a wayward pass whilst being at least 10 meters on the park (East End Park) literally 2 seconds after being booked for a shocking tackle, he got a second yellow and was off. Plum.

5. After an away game at Partick Thistle, stuck in traffic heading through Glasgow on the IEC bus some little ned tried to throw a brick through the bus window. He was around 5ft from the bus and the brick bounced back off the window mullion and knocked the ned straight out. Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Dashing Bob S
31-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Two friends on a marathon three day bender, birthday's on consecutive days, the culmination of which was to be the derby game at Easter Road. When they staggered comatose out of a nearby flat in Iona Street, the surrounding streets were eerily deserted. They checked their tickets again, only to find the game was at Tynecastle.

Cue a drunken taxi ride across the town.

Hibee87
31-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Mines was when I arrived at ER early so stotted about the front as the Dundee Utd bus pulled in and the players started getting off.

A grgoup of 7-10 year old Hibby lads gathered around the front of the bus and collected autographs... big Freddy Van Der Hoorn and all that keech... the UTD players were very nice to the Hibby bairns,

then Scott Crabbe got off , walked up to the first young lad to sign his book and the lad looked up at him and said straight to his face "F*** off ya hearts ba*****."

Bloody quality, I just stood and guffawed for ages.

Haha that just reminded me of when I was a laddie, Hibs were playing ranfger way back in 96 97 ish and me and my mates for somereason had gathered roung the side where the team bus came in. As gazza got off the bus he was shakiung everyone hands in a line when it came to my mate who was only about 9 or 10 he gobed in his hand then wiped it right accross gazzas on the handshake all we heard was somthign liek dirty little bas*ards as we ran away

realise it was pretty rank and immature now but hey we were all like 9, 10 ,11 and was funny then :greengrin

dangermouse
31-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Paul Hartley I (in his Hibs days) was a subbie warming up when the ball comes toward him (going out of play) the twat picked it up and threw it back before it had gone out. He was booked for being thick.

Ball was going out for a throw in and Willie Miller picked it up before it crossed the line. He got sent off for deliberate hand ball.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Guy hitting John Greig square on the back of the head with a pie from the old Main Stand.

"Robbo Robbo Where's Your Wife? She's getting ahemd by a hibby ..."

John Robertson pretending to eat a pie chucked at him from the East

"Booked for being ugly"

Boruc getting wound up by chants from the East and then gifting us two goals

Cowshed roof falling in

Pierce O'Leary skying a penalty over the cowshed against Celtic, wasn't that funny at the time TBH

Twice. :faf: Watching the horrible hun picking mince out his curly perm all throught the 2nd half was priceless, wonder who did it? :wink:

marleyhib
31-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Twice. :faf: Watching the horrible hun picking mince out his curly perm all throught the 2nd half was priceless, wonder who did it? :wink:

I salute whoever it was :)

silverhibee
31-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Some radge who confronted the singing section and then attempted to punch one of us away to Motherwell.....hilarious as he was led away by stewards :greengrin

Will that be the singing section who were telling the guy to sit down shut up that day, you's were a right good credit to Hibs supporters that day, mocking your own fans and taking the Colin Nish out of the team.

Aye it was hilarious right enough that day. :rolleyes:

Hal Jordan
31-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Just remembered another - Andy Goram's first game for us, and some old boy in the cowshed wasn't best pleased at Roughie losing his place, so every time Goram pulled off a save, he'd be going "Aye Roughie would've had that".
Next thing Goram pulls off a spectacular one-handed save whilst springing across the goals and flying gracefully through the air like a trapeze artist, and everybody in the shed just turned and looked at the boy to see what he'd say about Roughie - he just looked at his feet and kept quiet for the rest of the game. :thumbsup:

Teo10
31-05-2011, 12:55 PM

It was the fact we ran out of things to sing so started just laughing at him and random shouting!!

Dan Sarf
31-05-2011, 01:01 PM
"The Chin" did it twice in that game - two absolute belters into the bottom corner - never managed to do it even once again in his whole career IIRC.

Was one of them from about half way near the terracing touch line (where I was standing) playing up the slope? Flew in the net like an exocet. The goalie never moved.

Or did I imagine it?

Broken Gnome
31-05-2011, 01:02 PM

I know we didn't win that day, but that genuinely helped us turn that game around I reckon. Pumped everyone up and we were level within minutes, despite being absolutely keech in the first half....

TrickyNicky
31-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Hibs,Hertz, last game of 2001 maybe, Mixu skied the penalty in injury time.

The game started at 4pm and everyone was wellied it seemed!

Wee laddies were water-bombin punters coming out the pubs, so there were guys walking to the match looking like they had pyshed themselves !

We had the European spot and someone in the front row of the ET was flashing his passport at the Jambo's, he was trying so hard, he fell over the barricade and onto the pitch.

There was a fight at the bovril stand behind the East just after half-time anaw - me and one other guy in the queue, he asks fir 2 bovrils and the guy sais " there's only one left, he goes spare and abuses him, he gives it big licks back and get's two slaps for his trouble, the police are there in a flash, grab the assailant, who whilst being held by the police is punched three times by the bovril attendant, they both get hauled off, I take the bovril ( for free ) and spilled it whilst running back to tell mah story!

A group of little buggers then started throwing half-bricks on the roof ay the shed whilst riding round the back on their BMX's.

We don't do great fitbaw at times but we do great laughs!

SneakersO'Toole
31-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Whittaker's first game back at ER after joining Rangers. Goes to collect the ball from the Hibs fans down the front of the East Stand after it had gone out for a throw in.

Boy behind me stands up and bellows - "Oi Whittaker ya judas, away back to Glasgow and get a hair transplant ya bald C".

Very immature but very funny. Even he smiled.

hailhail22
31-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Before the new year derby at tynie this season standing outside the murrayfield hotel before it opens, this lassie walks past havin to do her walk of shame infront of loads of fans with her skirt half way up her erse carrying her heals with a large group of hibs fans singing get yer tIts out for the lads.

Before i think the 4-4 game at tynie a fat hearts fan is running down the stairs at the corner of the wheatfield stand to abuse the hibs fans, he slipped and fell down all the stairs haha.

CapitalHibs
31-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Was one of them from about half way near the terracing touch line (where I was standing) playing up the slope? Flew in the net like an exocet. The goalie never moved.

Or did I imagine it?

Memory getting a bit hazy now but for sure he scored going up the slope first and down the slope in the second half. Both were (I think) were from a central position about twenty five yards out. You're right though - The big fat ex jambo goalie Jimmy Brown never moved. Thought that in Baxter, Hibs had found a new secret weapon:greengrin

O'Rourke3
31-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Andy Goram scoring direct from a kick out against Morton. TBF their goalie was nutted by Beastie Boy a minute or two before in a collision.

While I and a few thousand witnessed this - it turns out few actually realise. Mid to late 70's Midweek game versus Motherwell that was abandoned 0 -1 after about 20 mins. The Motherwell goalie Stuart Rennie was on the pitch for another 10-15 mins thinking "We must be parked in their area" Finally they(Well) sent a subby out to see where the hell he was.

frazeHFC
31-05-2011, 02:59 PM
The women who dances all the time. She has brought props such as skipping ropes too. She used to go the bottom of the FF and dance and we all used to sit pissing ourselves.

ancient hibee
31-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Memory getting a bit hazy now but for sure he scored going up the slope first and down the slope in the second half. Both were (I think) were from a central position about twenty five yards out. You're right though - The big fat ex jambo goalie Jimmy Brown never moved. Thought that in Baxter, Hibs had found a new secret weapon:greengrin
He also scored another for Edinburgh Select against Chelsea at Tynecastle-Rex in the Sunday Mail described it as "Baxter roaring like a wounded bull"-the goalie just managed to get out of the way.This was the game where Bobby Evans had just signed for Chelsea from Celtic and they were trying him at centre half-Baker destroyed his career there before it started by running him ragged.

CapitalHibs
31-05-2011, 03:17 PM
He also scored another for Edinburgh Select against Chelsea at Tynecastle-Rex in the Sunday Mail described it as "Baxter roaring like a wounded bull"-the goalie just managed to get out of the way.This was the game where Bobby Evans had just signed for Chelsea from Celtic and they were trying him at centre half-Baker destroyed his career there before it started by running him ragged.

Was at that game too! 5-4 for the Selects Great game!! - George Thomson two beautifully struck penalties past Peter Bonneti, Joe with a wee shifty glancing back header after outjumping Evans, Remember Baxter's as a hooked rocket shot from near the byeline as the ball looked to be going out. Cannae for the life of me remember who got the other goal. Wisnae Jimmy Greaves and some other England international whose name I forget playing in that game?

Wheat Hound
31-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Away intertoto tie v Elfsborg when a certain hibee decided to streak straight into tge arms of the bemused Swedish polis. Never even made it onto the pitch!!!

Dan Sarf
31-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Was at that game too! 5-4 for the Selects Great game!! - George Thomson two beautifully struck penalties past Peter Bonneti, Joe with a wee shifty glancing back header after outjumping Evans, Remember Baxter's as a hooked rocket shot from near the byeline as the ball looked to be going out. Cannae for the life of me remember who got the other goal. Wisnae Jimmy Greaves and some other England international whose name I forget playing in that game?

That was the one! There was a stunned silence. No one moved - including the goalie. Then a roar of laughter and riotous cheering. I'm sure that was the one I saw!

I think...

PatHead
31-05-2011, 04:17 PM
A couple from the Scottish Cup v Rangers at Ibrox..........We are the people chant when we were 3-0 up. Best feeling ever at the football and

Boy behind me had put £5 on Hibs to win 3-0 at half time. Got a 100-1. Killen only had goalie to beat to make it 4-0 and boys screaming "Miss ya C%@$, miss". Don't know who he was but left the stadium a happy man.

just_joe
31-05-2011, 04:24 PM
For me the funniest thing i have seen at easter Road Doesn't involve any of the players - Well maybe Konte's overhead kick attempts but personally the funniest thing I have seen is the pre match "entertainment" before the festival cup game against the ****bos. Anyone remember THAT singer? :greengrin

Greentinted
31-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Not at Easter Road but Kilbowie, 14th Feb 1992. We won 5-1 (I think).

One pie stand with a huge queue and I engaged in some 'banter' with the lassie serving, giving her pelters to which she gave as good as she got. Obviously, half-pished, I'm a bit cocky, playing to gallery and eventually after waiting in line for around half an hour in the freezing drizzle I requested several pies, bovrils, etc. The lass just looked down from her elevated position and loudly told me, with a cheeky yet smug grin slashing her face - "You're barred, now ****** off".
Fair play, even I laughed (along with everyone else)!

soupy
31-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Away intertoto tie v Elfsborg when a certain hibee decided to streak straight into tge arms of the bemused Swedish polis. Never even made it onto the pitch!!!

Haha, remember it well, worst attempt at a streak I've seen in my life.

Hiber-nation
31-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Great thread.

The look on Yogi's face when the physio dislocated his finger back into place was a picture. It was at ER, in 1st division I think.

Simpson
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Steven Rennie in the 10 Second Challenge :greengrin:not worth

The_Todd
01-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Daftest thing I've ever seen at Easter Road is undoubtedly that girly scarf-twirlying thing the Yams seem to be obsessed with doing. 4000 Yams waving pink scarves about... strange.

Hermit Crab
01-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Will that be the singing section who were telling the guy to sit down shut up that day, you's were a right good credit to Hibs supporters that day, mocking your own fans and taking the Colin Nish out of the team.

Aye it was hilarious right enough that day. :rolleyes:

Yeh i remember they were singing we are sh**e and we know we are. Real encouraging singing eh:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Haha, remember it well, worst attempt at a streak I've seen in my life.

It was a shocker! Very funny though :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeh i remember they were singing we are sh**e and we know we are. Real encouraging singing eh:rolleyes:

Or having a laugh on a ***** day out where Hibs underperformed again? Why dig up the past anyway? Anything to have a pop at the singing section I guess.

SteveHFC
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Agreed

R'Albin
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Not meaning to sound adminish but can't we save the singing section arguments for somewhere else ? Was quite enjoying this thread beforehand..

marinello59
01-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Or having a laugh on a ***** day out where Hibs underperformed again? Why dig up the past anyway? Anything to have a pop at the singing section I guess.

Good point. The person who dug that day up on here should be banned. Who was it? :greengrin

Kaiser1962
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Kilbowie again Feb 87 and me and a couple of guys left work and headed to the game. Its about 100 miles to Kilbowie from where I live so we'd had nowt to eat. Big queues to get in so we will get a pie when we get in. Once in the ground the pie stalls are heaving so one of us waits while we go to find seats. By now its probably about 20 minutes into the first half and my mate arrives back with no pies, sold out. About 5000 hibbys that day.

Anyway those that remember Kilbowie will tell you it was like an oval dug into the ground with planks for seats. Clydebank score (only goal of the game) and Bankie player does his wee run along the front of the Hibs fans(which was most of the ground tbh), one arm held aloft in his moment of glory, and my mates and I watch in horror as hundreds, what seem like literally hundreds, of pies getting thrown at said Bankie player.
Corner of the pitch was covered in pies. No pizza in those days young un's...Oh no...It was a pie or nothing.

I was in heaven, it was raining pies. Didnt get one though.

Not at Easter Road but Kilbowie, 14th Feb 1992. We won 5-1 (I think).

One pie stand with a huge queue and I engaged in some 'banter' with the lassie serving, giving her pelters to which she gave as good as she got. Obviously, half-pished, I'm a bit cocky, playing to gallery and eventually after waiting in line for around half an hour in the freezing drizzle I requested several pies, bovrils, etc. The lass just looked down from her elevated position and loudly told me, with a cheeky yet smug grin slashing her face - "You're barred, now ****** off".
Fair play, even I laughed (along with everyone else)!

McIntosh
01-06-2011, 10:12 PM
In 1986 Hibs knocked Celtic out of the Scottish cup 4-3, there was a pitch invasion. I was on the pitch and this very smartly dressed man appeared from no where and ran up the tunnell with the team. A couple of mins later he was getting being removed by the very kindly Jackie Auld (the old kitman and a real gent) saying to him "you cannae go in the shower with the players what will your wife say!!!!""

Forza Fred
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
A couple of thousand years ago, the teams were having their pre-match warm up (which consisted of lashing the ball past the keeper in those days).

I can't remember who we were playing - it might have been St Mirren - in any case they had a goalkeeper who was about 5' 0" tall and quite portly (to be kind).

We were all a bit gobsmacked and couldn't wait for the game to start.

When the ref had tossed the coin and the teams were changing ends, the wee fat guy runs off and the real keeper emerges from the tunnel.

Apparently, it was all part of Edinburgh Unversity Rag Week.

Clever tho. :agree:

I was at that game and they actually kicked off...a punt down the slope.

I thought there was something up as a few of the players had beards - something that you didnt see on t'he park with professional outfits at that time.

blairwallace
02-06-2011, 12:20 AM
"your only here for the shower" :greengrin

Speedway
02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Thought the 'Two Andy Gorams' at Ibrox circa 1995 was pretty amusing if cruel.

Also remember Fir Park 1991, at the time Motherwell keeper Billy Thompson had stopped being included in the Scotland Squads.

Hibs fans were in what was then open terracing behind the goal. Bily The Fish Thompson goes to take a goal kick and someone shouts, ' SCOTLAND'S NUMBER 20!!!!'

To be fair to Thompson, he had a good laugh at it which the Hibbies appreciated.

dangermouse
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Kilbowie again Feb 87 and me and a couple of guys left work and headed to the game. Its about 100 miles to Kilbowie from where I live so we'd had nowt to eat. Big queues to get in so we will get a pie when we get in. Once in the ground the pie stalls are heaving so one of us waits while we go to find seats. By now its probably about 20 minutes into the first half and my mate arrives back with no pies, sold out. About 5000 hibbys that day.

Anyway those that remember Kilbowie will tell you it was like an oval dug into the ground with planks for seats. Clydebank score (only goal of the game) and Bankie player does his wee run along the front of the Hibs fans(which was most of the ground tbh), one arm held aloft in his moment of glory, and my mates and I watch in horror as hundreds, what seem like literally hundreds, of pies getting thrown at said Bankie player.
Corner of the pitch was covered in pies. No pizza in those days young un's...Oh no...It was a pie or nothing.

I was in heaven, it was raining pies. Didnt get one though.

Was that a Scottish Cup tie? We had beaten the Bankies 4 - 1 the week before at ER having been 1 - 0 down at half time. What made the day worse was driving back to Auld Reekie listening to the Yams beat the Tic as their KO had been delayed due to rugby at Murrayfield.

PeeJay
02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Way back in the 1970/71 season I remember us playing Forfar in a cup game. They had a throw-in and I seem to remember the Forfar guy picking up the ball for this throw-in and taking it by bouncing the ball of the back of a Hibs player who was looking in the other direction (the sort of thing a kid might try!) - ref. let it go too - it did happen, just no longer sure of the actual players involved.:faf:

He was probably just miffed because we won 8-1!

CA Hibby
02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Donkeys years ago, Doug Rougvie using his 'strength' to keep back Mickey Weir and the ball goes out for a throw. Rougvie goes to take the throw and Mickey pulls his shorts doon on the way past.

An away match at the pbs and the refs favouring them as usual. Somebody roars at the ref "ya dirty orange, maroon, black b******" :greengrin

The Mickey Weir shorts was with big John Mclelland when he played for St Johnstone.... just about got booked for it

eastmainsmsh
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Willie Gilles from Saltoun

Willie Miller under pressure Gill shouts "Time willie Time" ....

Miller Blasts the Ball in to the east Turns Round AND pints Finger gill and shouts

That was your ****ing fault lol :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
02-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Before the new year derby at tynie this season standing outside the murrayfield hotel before it opens, this lassie walks past havin to do her walk of shame infront of loads of fans with her skirt half way up her erse carrying her heals with a large group of hibs fans singing get yer tIts out for the lads.

Before i think the 4-4 game at tynie a fat hearts fan is running down the stairs at the corner of the wheatfield stand to abuse the hibs fans, he slipped and fell down all the stairs haha.

Sexual harassment - how hilarious! :rolleyes:

heretoday
02-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Sexual harassment - how hilarious! :rolleyes:

And I thought we'd all moved on from the shameful half-time majorettes farrago of the late 70s.

It would appear not.

bandylegs_jLeighton
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
During the Scotland - Canada friendly at Easter Road I was sitting below the tv gantry in the old East stand. After a slack piece of play I looked upwards feeling exasperated, only to notice an extremely drunken fellow in a kilt stumbling along the high level walkway overhead. Curious as to how he'd managed to get up there, I continued to watch him slowly progress toward the gantry when all of a sudden he stopped dead in his tracks and stared down at his feet.

After a moment, he then bent down temporarily out of view, before remerging with a look of absolute triumph on his face...and a newly acquired pie in hand.

I dreaded to think how long it had been up there when he started tucking into it.

TrickyNicky
03-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Didn't one of the carers' - of a fan in a wheelchair, jump the fence a couple of years ago at Hibs, Hertz, to abuse the ref and ended up gettin lifted by the polis?

Obviously someone gave thum a push hame, but you know you're angry when you do things like that.

Bayern Bru
03-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Didn't one of the carers' - of a fan in a wheelchair, jump the fence a couple of years ago at Hibs, Hertz, to abuse the ref and ended up gettin lifted by the polis?

Obviously someone gave thum a push hame, but you know you're angry when you do things like that.

Yep. It was Stuart Dougal and he'd just sent off Brebner. IIRC Garry O scored a last minute winner.

1959 Hibby
03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Benny Brazil scoring a hat-trick (winter friendly against Celtic) - didn't know whether to laugh or cry

steakbake
03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Scotland v Iceland U21s game.

I could see the Maguire lining up to take a dig from the halfway line and I said (loudly) "dinnae be stupid...."

Seconds later, the folk around me were cheering and pissing themselves laughing.

iwasthere1972
03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Scotland v Iceland U21s game.

I could see the Maguire lining up to take a dig from the halfway line and I said (loudly) "dinnae be stupid...."

Seconds later, the folk around me were cheering and pissing themselves laughing.

I was sat in the FF and had a great view of the ball making it's way to the Iceland goal. Couldn't believe it when it went in.

A cracker it was.

NGP
03-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Not at ER, but Brockville. I'm sure it was the game that Super JT scored a 40 yard volley to make it 2-1 to the Bairns - final score I think. I was in the main stand and Mrs Pat McGinlay arrived at half time to watch the rest of the match. She was not impressed by Pat's efforts and at a moment of quiet in the ground,she shouts 'Patrick, yer *****e!'. The whole stand was p1ssing itself.

Franck Stanton
03-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Yup, true and not only did Besty boy take a drink he did so in Morcome and Wise fashion ie holding can in right hand whilst lifting straight left arm up as 'though trying to disguise the fact he was drinking - if you know what I mean.

Phil D. Rolls
03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Arthur Duncan trying to header a ball off a players foot, whilst he was lying on the ground tops it for me.

There was also another time when Arthur, lying unconscious on the ground, was deemed to have played a player onside. (This was not in the same game),

down the slope
03-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Maybe some of the older fans will remember the game when Jim Scott took a penalty against Sorensen of Morton, Sorensen had saved every penalty for two years or so they told us and he had trained under Lev Yashin (christ i feel auld) . Up steps the our Jim looking a wee bit nervous and kicks a divot six inches in front of the ball which Sorensen "saves" and the ball trickles into the other corner of the net , there followed much beating of the ground by said keeper who was not amused. It was funny at the time !.

mickki40
04-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Aye that was class . Fergie was gonna wallop the guy

fat freddy
04-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Was that a Scottish Cup tie? We had beaten the Bankies 4 - 1 the week before at ER having been 1 - 0 down at half time. What made the day worse was driving back to Auld Reekie listening to the Yams beat the Tic as their KO had been delayed due to rugby at Murrayfield.

I always remember that day as 'The day Roughie ruined my birthday''...he had a simple ball to deal with at the edge of his goals but somehow he managed to let it slip from his grasp into the path of Gerry McCabe and we were out of the cup...again!

Baader
05-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Sitting in the East a good few years ago, old fella behind me was so enraged at one decision he grabbed the specs off his own face and hurled them on the park.

Must've regretted it the moment they left his hand. Spent the rest of the match complaining he couldn't see. Probably not a bad thing actually as think it might've been during Blobby's tenure...

jane_says
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
ivan sproule having a bit needle with paul telfer, usual handbags ensues, bobo balde comes over to seperate them and ivan doesnt back down an inch, remember him clinging on to his face/chin

also saw an old boy losing his false teeth while singing

best of all though was steven whittaker scratching his a**e then promptly sniffing his fingers, that was absolutely priceless

Sas_The_Hibby
06-06-2011, 09:51 PM
ivan sproule having a bit needle with paul telfer, usual handbags ensues, bobo balde comes over to seperate them and ivan doesnt back down an inch, remember him clinging on to his face/chin

also saw an old boy losing his false teeth while singing

best of all though was steven whittaker scratching his a**e then promptly sniffing his fingers, that was absolutely priceless

PLEASE! NOT while I'm eating! :sick: :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Ivan rounding the Gk in the 7-0 Livi game and missing was funny aswell.