PDA

View Full Version : Evening News "Best Awards 2011"

kaimendhibs
30-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Well known Hibee Graham Rooney has been nominated in the Best Sports Fan catagory. This is well deserved as Graham is a true stalwart following Hibs. Please vote for him, details in todays Evening News, page 10.

Cheers GGTTH:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Well known Hibee Graham Rooney has been nominated in the Best Sports Fan catagory. This is well deserved as Graham is a true stalwart following Hibs. Please vote for him, details in todays Evening News, page 10.

These awards are a complete waste of time and only there to massage an ego....Last year a 2 year old girl was nominated...:rolleyes:

How can you possibly quantify such an award?

derekHFC
30-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Well known Hibee Graham Rooney has

Who is he? :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Who is he? :dunno:

Hermit Crab on here.

kaimendhibs
30-05-2011, 02:29 PM
These awards are a complete waste of time and only there to massage an ego....Last year a 2 year old girl was nominated...:rolleyes:

How can you possibly quantify such an award?

Oh deary me. Do they do any harm?

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Oh deary me. Do they do any harm?

What exactly is the point of them then????????

kaimendhibs
30-05-2011, 02:41 PM
They give some people the chance to recognise someones comittment to a certain or particular activity. It is harmless to anyone who doesnt want to take part and there are no penalties for not winning. Some people dont mind them, others do but its a democracy so if people dont like them they dont have to get involved. Generally, I just ignore things of no interest to me and feel no compulsion to comment either way.

derekHFC
30-05-2011, 02:45 PM

To let people know that they're a bigger fan than you :na na:

RIP
30-05-2011, 02:56 PM

I think we need to hear a bit more about Graham's profile first.

Does he huv a ST? Is he an East Stander? Is he a member of the HSA? How often does he sing? Does he take his flag tae matches? Does he sell fitba cards on his supporters bus? Does he wear the team colours wi pride or is he a rascally casual? Can he name the U19 squad? Did he go tae Maribor? Does he raise money for the DNipro charity? Has he ever been friends wi a Jambo?

We must be told!!

The Harp
30-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I think we need to hear a bit more about Graham's profile first.

Does he huv a ST? Is he an East Stander? Is he a member of the HSA? How often does he sing? Does he take his flag tae matches? Does he sell fitba cards on his supporters bus? Does he wear the team colours wi pride or is he a rascally casual? Can he name the U19 squad? Did he go tae Maribor? Does he raise money for the DNipro charity? Has he ever been friends wi a Jambo?

We must be told!!

After reading all the above ... is he still awake? :wink:

Hibs Class
30-05-2011, 05:14 PM

The point is for the EEN to sell a few more papers and to then find out which nominee has got the most family & friends.

linlithgowhibbie
31-05-2011, 10:07 AM
He's a great guy. Pal and work mate of mine. Even bigger Hibbie fan than me and I don't mean in height.:cgwa

givescotlandfreedom
31-05-2011, 10:36 AM
They give some people the chance to recognise someones comittment to a certain or particular activity. It is harmless to anyone who doesnt want to take part and there are no penalties for not winning. Some people dont mind them, others do but its a democracy so if people dont like them they dont have to get involved. Generally, I just ignore things of no interest to me and feel no compulsion to comment either way.

:agree: It's harmless even if you don't see the point. Anyways, I've voted for him for making it up to Pittodrie in October with what seemed a horrendous hangover alone :ill: