PDA

View Full Version : Where do the good (as in true) rumours come from?

spike220
30-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I have been wondering this for a while but; Where do the good (as in true) rumours come from? Some people on here seem to be in the know some, while some of us myself included, can only speculate. There is also a lot of rubbish out there, but some of it quite entertaining, so where does the good stuff come from.

Don’t tell me East Mains (I sometimes wonder if half the people on this thread spend their whole day parked outside the place given the detailed knowledge we hear about the comings and goings).

GGTTH

IanM
30-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Kings manor hotel :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
30-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I have been wondering this for a while but; Where do the good (as in true) rumours come from? Some people on here seem to be in the know some, while some of us myself included, can only speculate. There is also a lot of rubbish out there, but some of it quite entertaining, so where does the good stuff come from.

Don’t tell me East Mains (I sometimes wonder if half the people on this thread spend their whole day parked outside the place given the detailed knowledge we hear about the comings and goings).

GGTTH

Who do you work for? Has Rod asked you to find out who the mole is? :greengrin

stokesmessiah
30-05-2011, 10:52 AM

GGTTH

I always thought it was Greggs !?

Kojock
30-05-2011, 11:40 AM
There are numerous ways people get inside info.

Friends of players and ER staff
Friends of friends of players and ER staff
Relatives of players
Work beside relatives of players and ER staff
Friends of relatives of players
Friends of agents
Friends of reporters
People who work at Kings Manor as that is where Hibs book potential signings into

Thats just a few Im sure there are many more. :wink:

Kojock
30-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Who do you work for? Has Rod asked you to find out who the mole is? :greengrin

Dont know about that but I know a certain Mr Lindsay has parted with a tenner for the PM board.

ScapeGoat
30-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Is this like the story Billy connolly tells about where jokes originate from?

In which case I think it's a wee guy from Limerick who's related to Tam McCourt

silverhibee
30-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Dont know about that but I know a certain Mr Lindsay has parted with a tenner for the PM board.

Nah, he wouldn't waste the tenner when he has his own buddies on the PM board that report things to him. :greengrin

And did he have over 250 posts to get in to the PM board. :thumbsup:

spike220
31-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I always thought it was Greggs !?

What is (Greggs)? Why do I keep seeing it before a thread name?:confused:

ArabHibee
31-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Nah, he wouldn't waste the tenner when he has his own buddies on the PM board that report things to him. :greengrin

And did he have over 250 posts to get in to the PM board. :thumbsup:
Not if someone vouches for you, you don't.:wink:

greenlex
31-05-2011, 08:53 AM

It's a bakers with a chain of shops throughout the uk.

dangermouse
31-05-2011, 10:30 AM

There's one just up the road from my work. I'll pop in at lunchtime to check out all the transfer gossip and report back later. :wink:

dangermouse
31-05-2011, 12:11 PM

There's one just up the road from my work. I'll pop in at lunchtime to check out all the transfer gossip and report back later. :wink:

All quiet in here today. No news is good news so maybe Messi signing for Hibs is still on the cards. :wink:

Kojock
31-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Not if someone vouches for you, you don't.:wink:

Have you ever seen Scott Lindsay and The Quiet Man in the same room. :hmmm::wink:

TrickyNicky
31-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Have you ever seen Scott Lindsay and The Quiet Man in the same room. :hmmm::wink:

Single, or twin share room?:lips seal

Speedway
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM

This question gets asked every 12-18 months on here.

After Williamson left and the farce with the icelandic guy was over, there was much speculation about the identity of the new manager.

One of our number posted on here that they were behind two club officials in the queue in Greggs on ER one lunchtime and heard them confirm that our new manager was german world cup winner Andreas Brehme.

Cue a rake of money being put on Brehme whilst the club dutifully unveiled Tony Mowbray.

Thus the term 'Greggs' became a watchword for unsubstantiated rumours 'don't tell me, you overheard it in Greggs' and ultimately graduated to being a thread prefix on .net for threads about us signing nuno capucho and the like.

SunshineOnLeith
01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

Infallible.

spike220
02-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks - now I know