View Full Version : Greggs Robbie Neilson To Hibs?

29-05-2011, 11:02 PM
One of the more regular posters on the bounce has made a claim that we've offered terms to Robbie Neilson, the Elvis look-a-like.

This is because Towell may not be coming back.

Would RN get the juices flowing as a new signing?

29-05-2011, 11:04 PM
One of the more regular posters on the bounce has made a claim that we've offered terms to Robbie Neilson, the Elvis look-a-like.

No

HibeeMG
29-05-2011, 11:06 PM
No

Seconded

29-05-2011, 11:07 PM
No

29-05-2011, 11:07 PM
No

SecondedThirded

29-05-2011, 11:11 PM

Don't be cruel.

29-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Don't be cruel.

Apparently he don't want no other club, Hibbies it's just you he's...thinking of.

29-05-2011, 11:26 PM
pleeeeeeeease no!

29-05-2011, 11:27 PM
pleeeeeeeease no!

29-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure that it would be .net etiquette to post a link, put the poster in question is Bambino and his/her post is reasonably detailed.

29-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Please God no...

is this karma for Brian Hamilton?

(Takes a no bad shy but...)

29-05-2011, 11:50 PM
i wrote this approx 15 minutes ago but i cannot stress enough...

PLEEEEASE NO!

30-05-2011, 12:12 AM
No no noooooooh...

Please tall me this is a joke.

blairwallace
30-05-2011, 12:45 AM
he'll be playing for hearts next season then £5 bet on it

30-05-2011, 01:04 AM
he'll be playing for hearts next season then £5 bet on it

I certainly hope so... He is gash.

30-05-2011, 01:15 AM
No. He's abysmal.

Would be funny but that's about it.

30-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Can't recall him being in the papers about taking drugs, ****gin or driving offences, sign him up. Sarcasm smiley.

30-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Is this the start of CCs winning ugly strategy
Jeez colin uv took it too far:wink::wink:

30-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure that it would be .net etiquette to post a link, put the poster in question is Bambino and his/her post is reasonably detailed.

Formerly known as Ruby Hibee/Ivan Drago on here ! :greengrin

Mark79
30-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Never in a million. He is slower than hart.

If he signed I would cancel my dd for my season ticket.

30-05-2011, 07:37 AM
I love these threads, they're hilarious.

Outrage heaped upon outrage, based on no more than a single post on an internet forum.

God bless the internet :greengrin

30-05-2011, 07:39 AM

Outrage heaped upon outrage, based on no more than a single post on an internet forum.

God bless the internet :greengrinWot ..you mean its no true ...?...:confused:

30-05-2011, 07:49 AM

It's hypothetical outrage though based on IF we sign him, unlike the miller to hearts that was actual outrage based on a stupid internet rumour.

30-05-2011, 07:51 AM
It's hypothetical outrage though based on IF we sign him, unlike the miller to hearts that was actual outrage based on a stupid internet rumour.Which is the same as this rumour then..

30-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Which is the same as this rumour then..

Think people are more worried and saying they don't want him rather than being outraged at this point though.

With the Miller to Hearts story a lot of people took that rumour as gospel on the basis of an internet rumour, thats not whats happening here.

Would be a bit of a quiet message board if we didn't give opinions on potential signings and i think even the most positive of supporters would have a tough task being optimistic about signing that Hertz tramp.

30-05-2011, 08:00 AM

I think that a few of us who renewed our ST's in the hope that things would improve in the coming season might well leave them gathering dust in a cupboard at home rather than turn up at ER week after week to watch football of a quality maybe even worse than last season! :confused:

Surely there is no truth in this story? :rolleyes:

Gala Foxes
30-05-2011, 08:03 AM
He was dire at Leicester and was punted to Brentford on loan last season - he's that bad I would rather stick with Michael Hart

30-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Think people are more worried and saying they don't want him rather than being outraged at this point though.

With the Miller to Hearts story a lot of people took that rumour as gospel on the basis of an internet rumour, thats not whats happening here.

Would be a bit of a quiet message board if we didn't give opinions on potential signings and i think even the most positive of supporters would have a tough task being optimistic about signing that Hertz tramp.That is what is happening here though Bingo ..someone mumped their gums on the bounce & it has grown arms & legs although admittedly it aint yet hit hysteria levels..:greengrin

Someone done likewise with regards Miller & the same was said about Riordan joining the yams before he re-signed for us ..

We do (as you know) have folk who are normally spot on wi there info ..I will believe them before I believe anything else posted on here as 95% of it is total pish ..

He aint signing though eh ..?...if so im leaving the country after writing my open letter to Petrie ...:paranoid:

30-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Yes, would be delighted to sign Baby Caveman, an excellent player!

(If everyone talks positively on him, then Hearts will gazump us with a bid of eight grand a week to get him, thus bringing their armageddon that little bit closer).

:shhhsh!:

30-05-2011, 08:18 AM
It got my juices flowing but unfortunatly I threw up.... Can't see it, more likely to be in touch with the Nafia over the road, he never blotted his copybook with the Fax did he?

30-05-2011, 08:18 AM
I've just woke up and this is the first thread I've seen.

I want to go back to bed now :sairhead:

30-05-2011, 08:26 AM
If Towell isnt coming back and CC has identified Neilson as an alternative, willing to give him a chance, dont really care that he was a Hearts player.

It does worry me a bit that it could just be another Michael Hart, but would just need to wait and see (if it is true).

30-05-2011, 08:27 AM
That is what is happening here though Bingo ..someone mumped their gums on the bounce & it has grown arms & legs although admittedly it aint yet hit hysteria levels..:greengrin

Someone done likewise with regards Miller & the same was said about Riordan joining the yams before he re-signed for us ..

We do (as you know) have folk who are normally spot on wi there info ..I will believe them before I believe anything else posted on here as 95% of it is total pish ..

He aint signing though eh ..?...if so im leaving the country after writing my open letter to Petrie ...:paranoid:I disagree that the situations are the same other than they are on the internet. One was about a player who was already at the club getting slated based on a rumour (which was a disgrace IMO) about for signing for a ****my club but who remained at the club after it turned out tae be pish, far more damaging than this. This is nothing more than people voicing an opinion of a player rumoured tae be a signing target, dinnae see how that'll do any harm.

30-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I disagree that the situations are the same other than they are on the internet. One was about a player who was already at the club getting slated based on a rumour (which was a disgrace IMO) about for signing for a ****my club but who remained at the club after it turned out tae be pish, far more damaging than this. This is nothing more than people voicing an opinion of a player rumoured tae be a signing target, dinnae see how that'll do any harm.Who said it will do any harm ..?..:confused:

All im saying is that folk post pish rumours regardless of what player ..folk then respond to those rumours (ala Miller) then knickers start getting twisted ..hand bags get swung..dummies get spat oot & rattles get chucked oot the pram ..if folk want tae believe what they read on an internet forum then their choice..:agree:

30-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Who said it will do any harm ..?..:confused:

All im saying is that folk post pish rumours regardless of what player ..folk then respond to those rumours (ala Miller) then knickers start getting twisted ..hand bags get swung..dummies get spat oot & rattles get chucked oot the pram ..if folk want tae believe what they read on an internet forum then their choice..:agree:http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/TantrumSmiley.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/handbags.gif http://www.bikersoracle.com/fireblade/forum/images/smilies/dummy.gif http://www.trikedoctor.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/xx.gif :take that

30-05-2011, 08:56 AM
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae301/EarlyMemphis/Smileys/TantrumSmiley.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/handbags.gif http://www.bikersoracle.com/fireblade/forum/images/smilies/dummy.gif http://www.trikedoctor.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/xx.gif :take that:greengrin

30-05-2011, 08:57 AM
I would have thought moonshine-drinking, banjo-plucking sweaty redneck Neilson will be too busy with his production of Deliverance-The Sequel to continue his football career.

Please god no.

Ollie Reed
30-05-2011, 09:11 AM

True, as I remember you incurring the wrath from one last year.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

30-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Utter tripe, please god no!

30-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I'd be delighted to have Steven Pressley's midget double at Hibs and in no way would have anything remotely negative to say about his signing.

Is this right, Speedway?

30-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Neilson? What? As a groundsman?

30-05-2011, 10:46 AM
No, no and thrice no.

Jakey Hertz tramp, get the **** tae ****.

30-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Neilson? What? As a groundsman?

Yep :agree:

when Miller signs for the yams, their condition was that Tam goes to them as well..... plus, all these wage cuts, he aint happy.

grantonhibee
30-05-2011, 11:03 AM
god please no no no

30-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Call me an old fool, but I think he could do a job for us. :agree:

30-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Call me an old fool, but I think he could do a job for us. :agree:Dinnae agree, poster on the bounce got it spot on IMO when he posted this

I really hope that CC has more ambition than getting rid of Michael Hart, and replacing him with Michael Hart with long hair and a big throw in

30-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok, you're an old fool. :)

30-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Aye, so you would... :faf:

30-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Dinnae agree, poster on the bounce got it spot on IMO when he posted this

Ok, you're an old fool. :)

I only said he could do a job for us - pick up the litter after the game, stick his finger in a light-socket to check that the power's on for the floodlights...

I'd never want him playing in the team.

In the beginning, Dr FrankenYam created Elvis.

And he saw that this wasnae very good.

So then Dr FrankenYam created Robbie Neilson.

And he saw that this was really horrible.

So Dr FrankenYam tried again, and created Hairy Potter.

Then he gave up and killed himself.

30-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I reckon he could do a job too...

30-05-2011, 12:19 PM
He is actually mince. If Hibs were to sign him I would actually ask my boss for work on Saturdays so I wouldn't force myself to go and watch him play football.

30-05-2011, 12:35 PM
People are too easily written off on Hibs dot net and if they happen to be an ex-yam.

Neilson - lets be honest - is probably about the average level of player we' might expect. He's an experienced player, has played at Hearts and Leicester. Capped internationally (albeit only once). In terms of profile, it's probably as good as we'll get. On our money, we're not going to get Dani Alves or Zambrotta. Ever.

30-05-2011, 12:49 PM
People are too easily written off on Hibs dot net and if they happen to be an ex-yam.

Neilson - lets be honest - is probably about the average level of player we' might expect. He's an experienced player, has played at Hearts and Leicester. Capped internationally (albeit only once). In terms of profile, it's probably as good as we'll get. On our money, we're not going to get Dani Alves or Zambrotta. Ever.

That's all good and well, but has anyone considered the possibility that this rumour is total mince and we're not in any way interested in him? That appears to have been overlooked. :confused:

30-05-2011, 01:08 PM
That's all good and well, but has anyone considered the possibility that this rumour is total mince and we're not in any way interested in him? That appears to have been overlooked. :confused:

Of course! It is very likely this is absolute rubbish.

sundo1875
30-05-2011, 07:15 PM
heard he is signing a 1 year deal on thursday

stanton_4
30-05-2011, 07:28 PM
I also hear Stevie Fulton and Gary McKay are interested in signing :greengrin

30-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd be delighted to have Steven Pressley's midget double at Hibs and in no way would have anything remotely negative to say about his signing.

Is this right, Speedway?

Nope.

30-05-2011, 08:24 PM
heard he is signing a 1 year deal on thursday

30-05-2011, 08:31 PM
He is actually mince. If Hibs were to sign him I would actually ask my boss for work on Saturdays so I wouldn't force myself to go and watch him play football.

Actually?

30-05-2011, 08:37 PM
What would Nielson say, if his agent was to tell him that Hibs were interested and wanted to offer terms?

30-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I'll be very concerned if this is the quality of player that is getting CC excited about our chances next season. He was ordinary at his best and is on a downward slope.

30-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm going to give CC the benefit of the doubt with any players that come in this summer.

How many threads did we have filled with folk announcing that Sodje would never score, that Pallson was mince et all back in January?

Not that I think there's anything at all in this, probably deliberately crafted so the folk moaning that we aren't being linked to players would have something else to moan about.

30-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I'll be very concerned if this is the quality of player that is getting CC excited about our chances next season. He was ordinary at his best and is on a downward slope.

After this rumour, the Samaritans will be doing a double shift tonight.
:chop:

Leicester Fan
31-05-2011, 07:24 PM
It's true he's not wanted at Leicester but we've had some Brentford fans on our forum raving about him. I'd have thought that they would be the favourites to sign him.

31-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm going to give CC the benefit of the doubt with any players that come in this summer.

How many threads did we have filled with folk announcing that Sodje would never score, that Pallson was mince et all back in January?

Not that I think there's anything at all in this, probably deliberately crafted so the folk moaning that we aren't being linked to players would have something else to moan about.

?
Were there many of those? Not that I'm suggesting that mini-caveman is a particularly mouth-watering prospect, but did many doubt Pallson at any time?

31-05-2011, 08:39 PM
i think that Dennis Neilson would get a better welcome.

01-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Alan maybury was walking through the st James centre yesterday..... Going by Hibs.net past logic.... He must be signing for Hibs.......

You heard it here first.

01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd prefer to dig up Robbie Burns and play him at the back rather than see that Hearts fanny Robbie Neilson in a Hibs top.

01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Always thought he was rank rotten

01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
This is why we shouldn't sign Neilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3d2VV8tyKs&feature=related

HibbyKeith
01-06-2011, 02:52 PM
This is why we shouldn't sign Neilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3d2VV8tyKs&feature=related

personally i'd say that link is why would shouldn't let deek leave..

Hibiza
01-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Hope Towell stays, a breath of fresh air.