PDA

View Full Version : Another good Hibee away Charlie Plank recently retired Lollypop man Leith Walk school

maturehibby
28-05-2011, 06:38 PM
My good pal and top Hibee took ill and died very suddenly while on holiday in Garve- He lived for the Club and it is sad that another good man has died before he saw them lift the Scottish cup .
I hope they do it this year coming in memory of him .
Charlie was also a member at Sunnyside and went there most saturdays or sundays so will be missed there too
Bye pal

givescotlandfreedom
28-05-2011, 06:57 PM
RIP hope he's talking to Eddie up there.

Lofarl
28-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Sad sad news. Deepest condolences to friends and family.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. I did not know him very well, though i had met him a couple of times. He was in the R.A.A.F. No.2 MHU with my dad (Dennis) and brother in law. My dad sends his condolences to his family.

The Harp
28-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Sad to hear of the passing of another good Hibee.
Condolences to Charlie's family and friends.

RIP

Iggy Pope
28-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Remember Charlie on the H/Hill bus during late 70s boredom / Maude domination. A Great Hibby.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Remember Charlie on the H/Hill bus during late 70s boredom / Maude domination. A Great Hibby.

As do I from the early 70's. A Hawkhill Branch stalwart for many years

RIP Charlie

PapillonVert
28-05-2011, 09:58 PM
RIP Charlie.

My sincere condolences to Charlie's family and friends.

GGTTH

jbwhibs70
28-05-2011, 10:56 PM
In total shock at this news ,charlie was a quiet lovely man loved hibs and playing dominos for the hibs club he was the only one to turn up last week to represent 2 hibs club teams at a prizegiving.Proud to have called him a pal.

Boris
29-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Very sorry to hear this. Knew Charlie from the Hibs Club but only really got to know him to talk to on a trip to Trinindad & Tobago to watch the Hibs in the winter break in 2000. Always a cheery wave if you drove past him on lollipop man duties just off the Walk.

Loved the story about him from a Hibs Club AGM. When a motion was passed it was tradition for the proposer & seconder to be named for the minutes taker. Motion duly proposed by chap called Wood, Tom I think, then seconded by Charlie - secretary announces: "motion carried, Wood n' Plank" - brought the house down!!!

I'll remember him as a good Hibby & just as importantly, a gentleman who never had a bad word for anyone. Just hope they have domino boards up there!

RIP Charlie.

Stantons Angel
29-05-2011, 07:23 AM
So very sad to hear of Charlie's passing, an auld pal of mine for many years.

Many many memories of him from Maude's bus, trips to Ayr with the kids, the Hibs club and of Tobago too.

A quiet unassuming man who loved the Hibs,his dominoes and a guid wee drink.

It always makes me smile to think of him in Tobago with his tshirt and shorts on, sporting the sun goggles,sun hat and the bum bag, strolling along the roads in the sun doing his sightseeing bit. Always a smile and a wave to everyone.

Maude will be so happy to see him, he will just smile and shake his head.

RIP Charlie Im glad i had the chance to know you and thanks for the memories you have left behind.:flag:

The Harp
29-05-2011, 07:51 AM
So very sad to hear of Charlie's passing, an auld pal of mine for many years.

Many many memories of him from Maude's bus, trips to Ayr with the kids, the Hibs club and of Tobago too.

A quiet unassuming man who loved the Hibs,his dominoes and a guid wee drink.

It always makes me smile to think of him in Tobago with his tshirt and shorts on, sporting the sun goggles,sun hat and the bum bag, strolling along the roads in the sun doing his sightseeing bit. Always a smile and a wave to everyone.

Maude will be so happy to see him, he will just smile and shake his head.

RIP Charlie Im glad i had the chance to know you and thanks for the memories you have left behind.:flag:

Lovely tribute. Well done.
I'm sure we'd all like to be remembered with such affection.
Another good old Hibee gone without seeing the Club's quest for the holy grail that is the Scottish Cup reach a happy ending.

hibbiedon
29-05-2011, 09:05 AM
R.I.P. Charlie a true Hibs fan, I never heard him say a bad word against his beloved Hibs

kaimendhibs
29-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Very sad news Les. RIP Charlie

grievsie
29-05-2011, 10:12 AM
RIP hope he's talking to Eddie up there.

Gentleman Thru & Thru. Always attended the delegates meetings at the HSA.

Will be sadly missed

R.I.P.

maturehibby
02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Will be held at Mortonhall main crematorium 0900 mon 6th of June . A chance to go and pay your last respects